• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you were in charge of roster picking for an upcoming Smash!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Let's revise this seeing as all the cool kids are doing it.

Veterans and clone changes are the same as before.
Some additions include: Lucina has 8 Chrom skins. Robin as a result has Morgan help them in the Final Smash
- Roy has 8 Eliwood skins
- Dr Mario also gains 8 Dr Luigi skins
- Ganondorf needs some extra detail so - More like his HW counterpart
- Snake pilots REX for his FS

Newcomers:
Ridley - Main antagonist of Metroid series, extremely important, Sakurai's a hypocrite, size doesn't matter all that jazz.

K Rool - Main antagonist of DKC, great variety and plenty of personas to take from. Skins include: Baron K Roolenstein, Kaptain K Rool, Boxer outfit, Super Sluggers costume, Leatherhead colours and 2 other colour changes.

Isaac - Comes with a wide variety of his abilities from the Golden Sun series and has skins based off of Matthew and Felix.

Wonder Red - main protagonist of W101, skins would be based off of other team members and even have a Vorrken alt, uses other W100's for moves

Sceptile - Same as before.

Black Shadow - Same as before

Metal Face - Same as before

Fawful - M&L representation. uses his gadgets to help him out. Dark Star is final smash

Lincoln - Codename STEAM. Remember that E3 trailer? t finally happens.

Giegue - From Mother 1. The Final Smash is Giygas. Uses Inexplicable attacks.
And now for DLC considerations.

Tiki (Fire Emblem)
Seven (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Cross (Xenoblade X)
Rundas (Metroid)
Sylux (Metroid)
Cranky Kong (DKC)
Inkling (Splatoon)
Krystal (Star Fox)
Porky (Mother)
Rayman (Rayman)

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone else feel like there aren't really any characters to add that truly deserve it right now? Especially considering the roster size is getting unwieldy.

I mean yeah add a new pokemon or fire emblem characters or an inkling if splatoon doesn't flop. But for characters from the past I don't feel any omissions are truly notable other than ridley.

I'd focus on adding more lesser characters through alt 'costumes' like alph/olimar. I'd def pare down the clones by making them the alts they were originally intended to be too

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I feel like some version of Toad is a pretty big absence, given that he's a playable character in the Mario games on a pretty consistent basis. (Captain Toad seems like the best fit, given that he's branched off into his own character compared to a generic Toad) As well, given how the recent Donkey Kong games have been received and how well they've sold, the lack of any new Donkey Kong content is a bizarre decision. (Dixie Kong seems like the most logical choice, though King K. Rool seems like he would be more interesting given how much there is to work with)

I'd also say Ridley's a major absentee from the roster, seeing as he's the second-most important character in a franchise that's woefully under-represented, but that one's bound to be controversial. Then again, I feel like a lot of the reasons that Sakurai gave for excluding him were hypocritical, given that so many characters were included in spite of them.

Beyond that, I feel like Zelda's long overdue for a character - between Hyrule Warriors, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword, the material's definitely there, and it seems bizarre that one of Nintendo's most popular series has gone unchanged on the Smash Bros. roster since 2001. (whether it's Midna, Ghirahim, Impa, or someone else, it doesn't matter to me - any of them could work)

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Does anyone else feel like there aren't really any characters to add that truly deserve it right now? Especially considering the roster size is getting unwieldy.

I mean yeah add a new pokemon or fire emblem characters or an inkling if splatoon doesn't flop. But for characters from the past I don't feel any omissions are truly notable other than ridley.
I second Ridley (though I more want him in so all the strife surrounding him can just stop), and add King K. Rool and maybe Dixie Kong. Other than that, I don't think anyone else is 'worthy' so to speak, even though there are plenty more I'd like to see.

Now, for mine:

Returning characters from their respective debuts:
64::mario64::luigi64::dk64::link64::samus64::yoshi64::kirby64::fox64::pikachu64::jigglypuff64::falcon64::ness64:

Melee::bowsermelee::peachmelee::zeldamelee::sheikmelee::ganondorfmelee::falcomelee::mewtwomelee::icsmelee::marthmelee::gawmelee:

Brawl::diddy::zerosuitsamus::metaknight::dedede::wolf::4lucario::lucas::ike::warioc::pit::olimar::rob::sonic:

4::rosalina::4bowserjr::4robinm::4palutena::4littlemac::4villager::4wiifit::4duckhunt::4shulk::4pacman::4megaman:

48 veterans in all.

Newcomers:
King K. Rool: Main villain of an underrepresented series. Tons of moveset potential.
Ridley: Another main villain with lots of potential.
Takamaru: Retro character, who I also believe has a lot to work with.
Black Shadow: New F-Zero character. Receives Ganondorf's old moveset, which fits him very well. Ganondorf obviously gets a new one.
Meowth: Iconic Pokemon thanks to the anime.
King Boo: Once again, potential.
Isaac: New series representative. Once again again, has lots to work with.
Simon Belmont: Iconic third party. Closer ties with Nintendo than Snake.

Clones & alts:
Dixie Kong appears as a faster but weaker Diddy Kong clone. Her neutral and up special moves are slightly different. Her neutral is the gum gun from Tropical Freeze, and her up special has her 'wind up' using her hair before 'blasting off' goes farther, but much weaker. Final Smash is a clone of Donkey Kong's that utilizes her guitar.

Raichu is a Pikachu clone. Stronger and slower (to match the anime logic) but with further reach and a worse recovery.

Toad makes his debut as a Mario clone. He's not as good a jumper, but has much faster ground speed. His moves differ slightly, in that they have less power and range, but less cooldown.

The seven Koopalings return as alts for Bowser Jr.
Alph returns as an alt for Olimar.
Dark Pit is now an alt for Pit.
Lucina returns as a Marth alt.
Blood Falcon is an alt for Captain Falcon. Uses the Blood Hawk for his Final Smash instead of the Blue Falcon.
Dark Samus is an alt for Samus. Changes some of her flame attacks blue, which is a purely cosmetic change.

Last edited:

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635

I'd focus on adding more lesser characters through alt 'costumes' like alph/olimar. I'd def pare down the clones by making them the alts they were originally intended to be too
I believe that Toad, Ridley, K.Rool, Isaac and Marshal (or any Rhythm Heaven rep in general) are some characters that definitely deserve a spot, with other characters such as Lip, Ray and Takamaru being niche characters that could fill up the roster nicely.

At the very least, we can come up with Smash 5's roster pretty easily.
Heck, I can create a Smash 6 roster if I wanted to.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
I believe that Toad, Ridley, K.Rool, Isaac and Marshal (or any Rhythm Heaven rep in general) are some characters that definitely deserve a spot, with other characters such as Lip, Ray and Takamaru being niche characters that could fill up the roster nicely.

At the very least, we can come up with Smash 5's roster pretty easily.
Heck, I can create a Smash 6 roster if I wanted to.
My issue with toad is I can't imagine a moveset for him but he otherwise would make sense.

Isaac is the opposite, great moveset potential, but from a series that dug a hole for itself and I'm pretty sure is totally dead.

I'd like to see sheik take an alph role with sheik, and retool ganons moves and some other characters to make them more unique too.

If star fox is popular def add more from that series. If krool ever makes a comeback in a dk game then him too

volbound1700

Smash Master
Smash 5 Roster:

ALL of the current roster from Smash 4 plus:

Wolf
Lucas
Ice Climbers
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Ridley
Rayman
Bomberman
Prince Fluff
Skullkid
(New Pokemon)
Takamaru
(Open spot for new IP)
Roy (see below)
Toad (see below)

Alts:
Lucina is made into a Marth alt and Roy takes her spot.
Dr. Mario is made into a Mario alt and Toad takes his spot.
Impa as a Sheik alternative
Daisy as Peach alternative
Tiny Kong as Dixie Kong alternative

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
I am kinda sad Kamek doesn't get much love.

Kamek is basically the main villain of the Yoshi's Island games, can have an interesting moveset, gives a second yoshi rep, has appeared in plenty of games, and adds a new villain who isn't huge.

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635

Kamek is basically the main villain of the Yoshi's Island games, can have an interesting moveset, gives a second yoshi rep, has appeared in plenty of games, and adds a new villain who isn't huge.
Coming to think of it, you're right. There aren't that many people that have Kamek on their roster.Heck, most people don't have a second Yoshi rep at all.
Not that I support him, but it is interesting.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Coming to think of it, you're right. There aren't that many people that have Kamek on their roster.Heck, most people don't have a second Yoshi rep at all.
Not that I support him, but it is interesting.
I think it comes down to two reasons why second Yoshi rep is usually not really in speculation rosters. One reason is that Yoshi's Island would usually get so few content in games like Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Like how they would usually have just the babies and Kamek as additional trophies other than the titular Yoshi given the amount of unique enemies they have (Milde, Grinder, Bumpty, Daysee, Nep-Enut, ect.). Another reason is usually that most Yoshi games other than classics like Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story would either be forgettable or mediocre, Yoshi's Island DS is a perfect example of such titles.

Kamek would have been a nice addition given that he's the one who had raised Bowser and antagonized any of his enemies in the Super Mario and Yoshi's Island universe, though I think more people would take him serious when his games actually have more quality to them. I'm hoping that Whooly World would be a solid title with fun gameplay and that charm that most Yoshi fans desired since the original (The same could be said for any future titles for the happy green dino from the Big N).

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
3DS Roster.png

Roster Here. Thought Process
All Veterans Return (ICs due to non technicals, Snake due to better licensing, Lucas and Wolf due to being deserving)
Clones stay, think cloning/semi cloning characters is a good idea for smash if done right, Lucina and Dark Pit get changes.
Newcomers
Captain Toad: Represents Toad (longstanding Mario character), had spinoff, moveset based on having low jumps, NSMB power ups, and tons of tricky moves
Kamek: Important role in Yoshi and Mario franchises, moveset based on broom flight, magic spells, keep away aerial fighter
Dixie Kong; Important DK Character, Semi Clone of Diddy (Shares D Tilt, Nair, Fair, Bair, Dair, Cloned Neutral B and Side B, Down B and Up B Unique (Down B is a cape like hair spin, Up B has her et upward like in DKCTF, and hover down like in classic DKC) , has hover gimmick and unique non mentioned moves, lighter and slower than diddy, insane air mobility and recovery)
King K Rool: Main Villain of DKC, Moveset is based on punishing opponents with tricks like Crown Toss and Blunderbuss
Impa: Important Zelda Character,Semi Clone of Shiek (Unique Side B and Down B (Broadsword rush which works like upperdash arm and Protective shield like Reflect Barrier respectively), unique Uair, Tilts, Taunts, Dash Attack, Fthrow, BThrow, UThrow, slower stronger shiek)
Ridley: No Need to Describe Ridley reason for inclusion, massive fighter, sluggish on ground, god in air, hover
Dark Samus: Clone of Samus (Attacks work like phazon, cloned up b and b with differences in appearences and function, unique side b and down b, final smash, down smash, nair, uair, utilt, Fthrow, and Bthrow), Important Metroid CHaracter
Isaac: Popular Misc character, moveset involves spacing and area control with Psyenergy, weak swordplay for few attacks, mainly mage character
Bandanna Dee: Popular Kirby Character, functions with huge sweetspots on tip of spear, focus on tippers exclusively
Starfy: Popular Misc Character, Moveset based on fast movement and floaty air combat, but very weak
Black Shadow: Takes Ganondorf Moveset, so clone of Captain Falcon, Ganon Gets sword and new Nair, Grab, Dsmash, Fsmash, Neurtral B, Up B, and Down B
FE Character: Placeholder for New FE Game
Sceptile: Grass starter, ORAS (Placeholder for Gen 7 Grass starter/pokemon for now), speedy character like greninja, functions akin to spacies
Krystal: Popular Star Fox Character, uses staff for unique non specials, takes star fox style specials
Inkling: Splatoon seems to be pretty cool, uses lots of area control and creep damage on floor
Chorus Men: Planned for SM4SH, use moves referencing RH games, timing is key for attacks to get bonuses
Takamaru: Retro Character, fast, uses swordplay and projectiles to rush down opponents
Daitoryo: Historic Character, uses hanafuda cards and images from hanafuda cards to attack opponents
Rayman: Third Party, uses hands for massive range, but may be hard to connect with attacks
Black Mage: Uses Magic and Summons other FF characters to attack for him, Third Party

Thoughts on Roster? If you wish for me to explain it I can further.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
@ TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom : honestly, that would be an amazing roster. While I doubt they'd add that many characters at once, the newcomers all seem like great choices (no idea what Daitoryo's from, but it looks like they're supposed to reference Nintendo's beginnings as a company, so I'd be interested to see how that would work), and I like how you didn't feel the need to cut anyone and you chose to bring everyone from Brawl back. Plus, there's a good balance between adding characters to returning series (particularly ones which don't have a lot at the moment) and bringing in new series.

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
@ TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom
Pretty darn solid. My only gripes are 5 FE reps and the exulsion of Ray, but the former is debatable and the latter is bias, so no real complaints. Nice roster.
Could you take a look at mine?

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
@ TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom
Pretty darn solid. My only gripes are 5 FE reps and the exulsion of Ray, but the former is debatable and the latter is bias, so no real complaints. Nice roster.
Could you take a look at mine?
The FE Spot is a placeholder, could be Roy, depends on if there is a big new FE around SSB5 release.
I Like The fact you are adding clones, but I feel the choices could be better proportioned. I do appreciate Roy's return, but I feel cutting clones to add new ones is kinda detrimental. I feel that Alph would be easier to differentiate from Olimar due to Rock Pikmin. Although Rahu, Felix, and Viridi are cool, I don't think they out prioritize our veteran clones you axed.
I really like the choice of Slime, and regret not having it myself! Dragon Quest is so huge in Japan it seems likely.
I feel that the newcomers you add all have purpose, which is something i like a lot. You have retro's, villains, new franchises, expanding franchises, and more.
I love the additions of Ridley, Takamaru, K Rool,Isaac, Toad, and Inkling. I think those are all fantastic choices.
I am iffy on Donbe and Hikari and Lip. I feel Lip is hurt by the Lip's Stick item, though I hope she would get in. Donbe and Hikari seem too obscure though, even for a retro. Without much western exposure, I doubt their chances. Coo, Character though.
I wish you included a historic character, as we have got one each time (G&W for Game and Watch, ROB for the ROB accessory that saved the NES, and Duck Hunt who shows off the light gun series of games that were hits on the nes). In my Roster, Daitoryo fills the void of that due to his roots in Hanafuda. Something like him, Sherriff, or Disk-kun would be cool ideas.

A great roster, some tweaks I think could help, but a solid 9/10.

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
The FE Spot is a placeholder, could be Roy, depends on if there is a big new FE around SSB5 release.
I Like The fact you are adding clones, but I feel the choices could be better proportioned. I do appreciate Roy's return, but I feel cutting clones to add new ones is kinda detrimental. I feel that Alph would be easier to differentiate from Olimar due to Rock Pikmin. Although Rahu, Felix, and Viridi are cool, I don't think they out prioritize our veteran clones you axed.
I really like the choice of Slime, and regret not having it myself! Dragon Quest is so huge in Japan it seems likely.
I feel that the newcomers you add all have purpose, which is something i like a lot. You have retro's, villains, new franchises, expanding franchises, and more.
I love the additions of Ridley, Takamaru, K Rool,Isaac, Toad, and Inkling. I think those are all fantastic choices.
I am iffy on Donbe and Hikari and Lip. I feel Lip is hurt by the Lip's Stick item, though I hope she would get in. Donbe and Hikari seem too obscure though, even for a retro. Without much western exposure, I doubt their chances. Coo, Character though.
I wish you included a historic character, as we have got one each time (G&W for Game and Watch, ROB for the ROB accessory that saved the NES, and Duck Hunt who shows off the light gun series of games that were hits on the nes). In my Roster, Daitoryo fills the void of that due to his roots in Hanafuda. Something like him, Sherriff, or Disk-kun would be cool ideas.

A great roster, some tweaks I think could help, but a solid 9/10.
Thanks! It's always good to hear other opinions.
You have a point with the clones. Maybe I'll just retract Rahu and stick Louie instead, Rahu could work as a cool boss of sorts anyway.
Lip could be hurt by the Lipstick, but we could just change the item to something else. (There was one time where I tried making a moveset based around the item itself, but I thought it detrailed from the puzzle game side of Lip and scrapped it:p)
As for the historic character, that is why I chose Hikari as my retro, to rep the Disk System. But I can see why she can be considered obscure, it's why I couldn't think up a retro rep for a long time.
And Daitouryo's definately a great choice - I just liked Hikari&Donbe a wee bit more. But that's just my opinion, certainly won't complain if he does make it.:)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Eh, not really. Kamek may be the main villain in the first Yoshi's Island game but now? Kamek is more of a recurring antagonist while the main villain is either Baby Bowser or a time-traveling adult Bowser.

Burruni

Smash Hero

Before explaining, there are a few "conditions" with this roster in mind: We are getting Rhythm Heaven WiiU which works well, Paper Mario 5 ACTUALLY HAS PARTNERS and comes, Xenoblade Chronicles X does well (their rep being jokingly filled by the X-Bomb), Golden Sun actually has the game we have been cliff-hangered, Fire Emblem 14 & x SMT do half as well as they've been supporting.

Veterans: Smash 4 Roster - Doctor Mario, Dark Pit, Lucina (moved to Alts) + Wolf, Ice Climbers and a more differentiated Lucas.

Newcoers: Waluigi, the Tingle of Mario with a larger overall following whom fans actually desire a game from.
Ashley, a bit of a personal choice, but she has potential as a more traditional mage-like character.
Marshal: A Mr. G&W with Rhythm Heaven as the movepool? Sign me up!
Paper Mario: Honestly, a series that could really get use out of a representative.
Ganon: THE MOST NEEDED ZELDA REPRESENTATIVE.
King K. Rool: Overdue, and after Retro Studios have proven they can make a good DKC game WITHOUT him, I am hoping he appears as an extra boss if nothing else in DKCR3.
Pokemon (Gen 7/8?): Can we just kinda let this be without dispute?
Inkling: Splattoon may be the most hyped game out of E3 other than Smash itself. For being a brand new series, that says A TON.
Bandana Dee: No spear-user in Smash. The 4th most important Kirby Character who has been making himself more and more predominant. I stand by my choice.
Fire Emblem Character: If the future games work on the same level as Awakening, why not? Just let them be a lance or axe user instead of another sword!
Xenoblade Chronicles X character (X-Bomb): I mean... this game got nearly as much showing as Smash and Splatoon which means Nintendo at least has high hopes for the game.
Isaac: Golden Sun 4? IT's a well enough selling series in its own right.
Mii Fighter Type 4 ~ Mii Mage: The last big archetype that could still blend into Smash, IMO.
Donbe & Hikari: Entire self-serving retro character. I have nothing more to defend them.
Slime & Chocobo: This is a filler square for a Square-Enix rep because they seem like the only logical company (besides Konami but there seems to be a little friction) to have a 3rd party rep.

Edit: Common characters I excluded and why.
Captain Toad: He seems far more fitting as an assist trophy. That whole "Can't Jump" thing removes his way of being in Smash and remaining true.
Dixie: She'd be a better Alt character than a newcomer.
Impa: Ganon is a more dominant character, and we don't really have a heavyweight projectile-y character.
Krystal: I'd prefer Ashley for that purpose.
Ridley: No. As a Metroid fan, I still say no. A boss, a stage hazard, or a devastating Assist Trophy does him best.
Snake: I have no investment in him.

Last edited:

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Full of characters that will never ever happen :D
SSB5.png

Toad - no longer one of Peach's specials. (Works with the MP10 Toad amiibo)
Geno - uses SMRPG moves :p
Cranky and Dixie - based off Tropical Freeze
Waluigi - No idea what he would do, but still, there's Wa.
Black Shadow - more of a Ganondorf clone with CF getting his own moveset.
Midna - Many things she could do based off the Twilight powers.
Ghirahim - more swords yay.
Ridley - lol2big
Tom Nook - similar to Villager with slightly changed moves, can throw bags of bells.
Lyn - I dunno (Never played an FE so have no idea what she could do)
Rayman - Floating limbs and stuff (Imagine a Rayman amiibo)
Knuckles - He can punch stuff.
Proto - Megaman Clone, uses shield more
Zero - MORE SWORDS AGAIN
Battletoads - .....I do not know
Simon - Whip and holy water and those spinning boomerang crosses.
Quote - That cool gun.
Sora - Thunder, Blizzard, and Fire on specials, attacks with Keyblade for standard. (Longer range Robin)
Teddie - Final Smash is throwing someone inside a TV.
Isaac - Psynergy.
Black Mage - Magic.
Layton and Baytonetta - never played either series.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Do you guys think Ike is a maintstay in Smash from now on. I know people were doubting his appearance in Smash 4, but we got him, for the second time. I really don't want Ike to leave.

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Do you guys think Ike is a maintstay in Smash from now on. I know people were doubting his appearance in Smash 4, but we got him, for the second time. I really don't want Ike to leave.
I consider him to at least come back for Smash 5. Fire Emblem is getting quite the attention these days, and I expect it to continue for a little bit longer. Thus we could have 3-4 FE slots on the next roster, which would have room for Ike.
I don't know about anything after, it depends on how Nintendo would take things from there.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Outside of ICs, who we primarily lost due to hardware constraints concerning the 3DS, I think it's safe to say that any character that's made two consecutive appearances in Smash will be fine.

Ike isn't anywhere near as expendable as someone like Roy, what with being more popular, being in more than one game both in Smash and in the FE series, and also having his own moveset.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Let me put it to you this way... Fire Emblem is a series where the entire cast often is changed from title to title. There are only 3 characters to be a protagonist in more than one game.

:4marth:: Fire Emblem 1/3, their DS remakes 11/12.
:4myfriends:: Fire Emblem 9/10, the only home-console games since the SNES.
:4robinm::4robinf:: The "My Unit" concept appeared first in FE12 as fan-fictiony write in alongside Marth.

Also, besides Marth through :4lucina:, Ike is the only character to have a hard reference in another character. In the final "bonus chapter" that isn't DLC, the team can recruit Priam - The Radiant Hero, who wields Ragnell and is quite clearly Ike's descendant. Within Fire Emblem he is the second most predominant Lord besides Marth the Hero King himself. In Smash, he now has made a massive standing for himself. There is little reason for him to go.

My stance for a 5mash would be Marth (w/ Lucina Alt) - Ike - Robin - FE:IF/15 Protagonist

In comparison to Ike's grand standing in his series, :roymelee: has almost no standing. He was rushed in as a last minute clone, :roypm: he is the protagonist of his own game, which was the weakest performing of the 3 GBA titles, as a character and as a unit he was incredibly average and bland. In just about every case, he got out-classed by his father Eliwood in FE7, which according to Sakurai exists only to support Lyn who had no purpose in the game because she has nobody related to her in FE6 and 7 was meant to be the tale of Lord Eliwood and Hector, the parents of the FE6 protagonists.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
It's because we are all in agreement that she is the last major Zelda character to add that isn't a one-shot villain or Toon clone. Besides, who wouldn't want Treebranch the Sheikah to join the battle with those bloody red eyes of hers? :awesome:

Inb4 Scatman shows up with his Vaati propaganda.
GANON THE WIZPIG. IF WE CAN HAVE TWO ZELDAS AND TWO LINKS THE ACTUAL PIG BEAST FINAL BOSS OF SO MANY GAMES CAN BE HIS OWNNNNNNN xD

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I think the roster could use some cuts just to clean it up and make room for some sprucing and new additions.

Off the top of my head I would probably cut Jigglypuff, ROB, WFT, and Mii's. To set atone that its a new game, new director, new roster.

Clones would be okay, as they serve a purpose of slightly differed move sets. Plus their ease of development and require less developmental resources. I would publicize that clones are added bonuses near the end of development as a curtesy to the fans, and to avoid critism of their inclusion.

I would add the most popular characters to appease fan expectations, hopes, and dreams. Some of these characters include Ridley (Melee Design), King K. Rool, Mewtwo, and Isaac.

I would bring back Ice Climbers because of their unique gimmick/ mechanics. I wouldnt hinder the console version to pay equality to portable version. I wouldnt even have a portable version, its not the same.

I would take it easy on the alt costume characters. I believe there is a place for some but not all. Characters who have generic movesets fitting of an alt character would be acceptable. For example Alph as an alt for Oilmar. But not Daisy for Peach. As Peach's moveset isnt typical of Daisy, a final smash sumoning Peaches? That's not characteristic of Daisy. Although I do suppose I could change the moveset to be fitting.

Avatar characters like villager and Robin would have alt slots dedicated to save files from your games, to emulate your appearance from those games. This would be where cross system compatibility would be involved.

Overhaul a bunch of the final smashes as well.

I'm on the fence about custom moves. Part of me likes them because it adds something more to the game, although not suitable for the competitive aspect. The game at its core is a party game. However I feel to some extent movesets should be clearly deffinitive so transitioning from party to competitive is smoother. This would be something discussed amongst the dev team. Which would probably result in the way it is in SSB4.

Last edited:

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
Scrapped my last roster for a new, less compacted one. I hope you all like this.

Veterans: Everyone in Sm4sh excluding the clones who are relegated to an alt. palette swap for each of their own respective characters. Transformations return and work way differently than before.

Returnees:
Ice Climbers - They need to return!
Wolf - Unreasonable cut.
Pokémon Trainer - Unique mechanic.

Newcomers:
Dixie Kong - She should be paired up with Diddy Kong, creating a new kind of unique moveset where you're able to switch them out for each other during battle. Sakurai had this idea during the Brawl development era so why not bring it back?
King K. Rool - The Kremling ruler has a ton of potential in Smash, let's not miss out on another great opportunity again.
Impa - Alot of people probably see her as Sheik clone but if you grab some inspiration from Hyrule Warriors, I could see a new Zelda rep. added to the roster.
New Pokémon Rep. - Self explanatory.
Marshal or RH Rep. - I thought about Karate Joe and decided against him. Why? Because he wouldn't be able to represent Rhythm Heaven properly. No disrespect towards fans of KJ but I believe we need someone that utilizes a rhythm-based moveset such as Marshal or Rhythm Girl or even the Chorus Kids!
Chibi-Robo - Because why not?
Takamaru - A samurai. Another retro rep. and his game got localized last year.

Decloning:
Ganondorf - HW moveset implemented.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I'd keep the current roster. It's just perfect. Besides that, i'd be mostly adding back cut characters. (Even with the clones.) I'm also including Mewtwo with the veterans.

Ice Climbers are back.

Wolf is back.

Lucas is back.

Pokemon Trainer is back.

Snake is back.

Add in an Indie rep to join the guests. (The choice is which ever you want)

Add in an Advance Wars rep.

Add in King K Rool.

Add in Wonder Red.

Add in Lana or Cia. (Doesn't matter which. It would be one of them though)

*Insert something about Ridley here. It can be whatever you want it to be.*

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Ooh, what a great idea for a thread.
Mario Newcomers:
Captain/Toad
Geno
All Vets return
Dr Mario is now its own series. The symbol is the "R" in the Dr. Mario logo. Victory theme is the final part of Chill. Dr. Mario is Luigified and Dr. Luigi is added as a second representative as a semi-clone of previous Dr. Mario
Zelda Newcomers:
Vaati
Toon Link is cut, but Ganondorf is Luigified. He has a new gimmick, being able to switch between Wizard, Swordsman, and Brawler modes.
Kirby Newcomers:
Bandanna Dee
All vets return
Metroid Newcomers:
Rundas
All vets return
Pokémon Newcomers:
Wigglytuff joins as a joke character and semi-clone of Jigglypuff, similar to Pichu in Melee. Squirtle and Ivysaur return as separate characters. All veterans return as well.
Kid Icarus Newcomers:
None, but Dark Pit is Luigified.
Star Fox Newcomers:
None, but Wolf returns.
Fire Emblem Newcomers:
Lyn.
Lucina is cut, but otherwise representation remains the same. Ike now has Paralyzing Counter replaced with Urvan, which lets him wield the axe Urvan, or switch back to Ragnell is Urvan is out. Urvan makes Ike more like a traditional swordsman, with swift, but still moderately strong, attacks. Eruption is replaced with Ragnell Wave, which finally gives Ike a projectile.
Earthbound Newcomers:
None, but Lucas returns and is slightly Luigified.
F-Zero Newcomers:
Black Shadow. A sort of combination of Ganondorf and Falcon.
Punch-Out!! Newcomers:
Doc Louis. Somewhat of a quarter-clone of Little Mac. Slower, more range and power, and different properties. Also some unique moves of his own.
Mega Man Newcomers:
Proto Man. Original character, uses Special Weapons from 3, 5, 9, and 10. Victory theme is part of the main melody of Mega Man 3's title theme. Treble and Bass appear as Assist Trophies. Quick Boomerang Gauntlet appears as an item.
Golden Sun gets representation in the form of Isaac. Geno appears as a third party Mario representative.
Series' unnamed are unchanged in the way of fighter representation.
Mii Mage is now available as a new Mii Fighter class.
Edit: Oh, and how could I forget Kamek?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'll try my hand at this...

[collapse=Veterans]:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4bowserjr::4dk::4diddy::4yoshi::rosalina::4wario:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4pit::4palutena::4falcon:
:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4fox::4falco::wolf::4ness:
:4pikachu::4charizard::mewtwopm::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4gaw::4littlemac::4rob::4duckhunt:
:4olimar::4villager::4wiifit::4shulk::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4miibrawl::4miisword::4miigun:[/collapse]

[collapse=Newcomers]King K. Rool
Impa
Ridley
Wonder Red
Splatoon Inkling[/collapse]

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Within (these things) is unlockable.

:4mario::4luigi::4peach:(:rosalina:):4bowser:(:4bowserjr:)(:4drmario:)
For the Mario characters, I think we see everyone back. Dr. Mario has a total new moveset! He has also 8 Dr. Luigi alts. Peach has 8 Daisy costumes and Bowser has 8 Dry Bowser costumes. Costumes a.k.a. alts. Bowser Jr. kept his Koopaling costumes.

:4yoshi:(Kamek)
Yoshi has had his own series since Super Smash Bros., so he needs to get a second rep. This is Kamek, and Kamek is the Big Boss of Yoshi's Island. He fights with magic spells. He would be very unique.

Captain Toad
A new Mario sub-series is Captain Toad. He has an alt with Captain Toadette, Toadbert, Mail Toad, Toadsworth and the others. Captain Toad is a not-so-good jumper, is also not fast, but light, has a very good recovery and powerful other attacks.

(:4wario:)(9-Volt)
For Wario, he gets a more 'Wario Land'-ish moveset. 9-Volt is an unique new character, who fights with all Nintendo accesoiries you can remember. He represents the WarioWare series now, and Wario the Wario Land series.

:4dk::4diddy:(Dixie Kong)
King K. Rool isn't very important anymore, and since Dixie Kong's appearance in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, she's the best third Donkey Kong rep you can have. Funky Kong is now an alt for Donkey Kong.

:4link::4zelda:(:4sheik:):4ganondorf:(:4tlink:) Impa
For the Zelda/Sheik fans, that is replaced by Impa, she is a combination of Zelda and Sheik, with both ninja and magical moves. Ganondorf has an revamped moveset. Toon Link now has some Young Link alts.

:4samus:(:4zss:) Dark Samus
The Metroid series is allmost the same. Three reps is good, and there aren't many real important guys in Metroid. Dark Samus could rep some Prime, and bosses in general. **Ridley is too [[coughcough]]**

:4fox::4falco:(:wolf:)
Finally, Star Fox is important, so Wolf is back and he brings a revamped moveset! Falco is further revamped. Krystal is an alt for Fox.

:4pikachu::4charizard::4greninja:(Sceptile)(:mewtwopm:):4lucario:(:4jigglypuff:)
Hey, some important Pokémon. The only we miss, is a grass Pokémon from Water-Fire-Grass (starter types). Okay, let's bring back the famous Sceptile!

:4kirby::4dedede:(:4metaknight:) (Bandana Waddle Dee)
Let's bring some spears to the Smash fields! Bandana Waddle Dee spears the match! And I would defenitely play with him! Dedede gets some cool new Masked alts.

:4falcon: (Black Shadow)
Black Shadow now gets the old moveset from Ganondorf. Captain Falcon has some alts from Blood Falcon.

:4ness:(:lucas:)
Lucas is back in town! After a Mother 3 remake (also for Europe, USA etc.), we can make a new moveset!

:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm:(Dancing Girl)
Remember the Dancing Girl in the new Fire Emblem 14 (?) trailer? I hope, really really hope, she's in! That would be so perfect! I like her now, and the game isn't even out yet.

:4pit::4palutena:

:4olimar:(:4alph:)
Alph is now a semi-clone for Olimar. Alph has Rock and Winged Pikmin, but no Purple and White Pikmin. Olimar has his old recovery back.

:4villager:(Tom Nook)
Tom Nook is a newcomer to the Animal Crossing series. He fights with bells, other Villagers and furniture.

:4shulk:(Cross)
Cross is a semi-clone of Shulk. He has the Arts power, but different attacks.

(:popo:):4duckhunt:(:4rob:)(:4gaw:):4littlemac:(:4wiifit:)(:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:) Inkling, Isaac, (Excitebiker), Chorus Kids, (Henry), Monita
Ice Climbers are back! Duck Hunt is back! R.O.B. is back! Mr. Game & Watch is back! Little Mac is back with his Wireframe! Mii Fighters are all back, but unlockable per art. Wii Fit Trainer is secret. Inkling, Isaac and Chorus Kids are some popular new characters. Excitebiker is the general 'retro' rep. He has the kind of Wario Bike, but then the Excitebike. Wario has this move not anymore. Henry is the Code Name rep. Monita has a weird Nintendo Land moveset, she is the surprise newcomer!

:4pacman::4sonic::4megaman: Professor Layton
Our Layton is making an appearance! Our old 3rd Parties are back! Snake isn't good liscended, unfortunately.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Still though, just five? It's a fighting game, you can never go overboard with characters. Or at least five characters no one saw coming.
Mortal Kombat Armageddon (63 characters plus customs) is a thing and they had one character use a fart as a fatality.
Let that sink in.

So thinking I'll take Roy off my roster and put in Tiki for the time being in his place with Zelgius being DLC. Could change after playing FE if though.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Mortal Kombat Armageddon (63 characters plus customs) is a thing and they had one character use a fart as a fatality.
Let that sink in.

So thinking I'll take Roy off my roster and put in Tiki for the time being in his place with Zelgius being DLC. Could change after playing FE if though.
You played DBZ : Tenkaichi 3? That game has over 100 characters.
Within (these things) is unlockable.

:4mario::4luigi::4peach:(:rosalina:):4bowser:(:4bowserjr:)(:4drmario:)
For the Mario characters, I think we see everyone back. Dr. Mario has a total new moveset! He has also 8 Dr. Luigi alts. Peach has 8 Daisy costumes and Bowser has 8 Dry Bowser costumes. Costumes a.k.a. alts. Bowser Jr. kept his Koopaling costumes.

:4yoshi:(Kamek)
Yoshi has had his own series since Super Smash Bros., so he needs to get a second rep. This is Kamek, and Kamek is the Big Boss of Yoshi's Island. He fights with magic spells. He would be very unique.

Captain Toad
A new Mario sub-series is Captain Toad. He has an alt with Captain Toadette, Toadbert, Mail Toad, Toadsworth and the others. Captain Toad is a not-so-good jumper, is also not fast, but light, has a very good recovery and powerful other attacks.

(:4wario:)(9-Volt)
For Wario, he gets a more 'Wario Land'-ish moveset. 9-Volt is an unique new character, who fights with all Nintendo accesoiries you can remember. He represents the WarioWare series now, and Wario the Wario Land series.

:4dk::4diddy:(Dixie Kong)
King K. Rool isn't very important anymore, and since Dixie Kong's appearance in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, she's the best third Donkey Kong rep you can have. Funky Kong is now an alt for Donkey Kong.

:4link::4zelda:(:4sheik:):4ganondorf:(:4tlink:) Impa
For the Zelda/Sheik fans, that is replaced by Impa, she is a combination of Zelda and Sheik, with both ninja and magical moves. Ganondorf has an revamped moveset. Toon Link now has some Young Link alts.

:4samus:(:4zss:) Dark Samus
The Metroid series is allmost the same. Three reps is good, and there aren't many real important guys in Metroid. Dark Samus could rep some Prime, and bosses in general. **Ridley is too [[coughcough]]**

:4fox::4falco:(:wolf:)
Finally, Star Fox is important, so Wolf is back and he brings a revamped moveset! Falco is further revamped. Krystal is an alt for Fox.

:4pikachu::4charizard::4greninja:(Sceptile)(:mewtwopm:):4lucario:(:4jigglypuff:)
Hey, some important Pokémon. The only we miss, is a grass Pokémon from Water-Fire-Grass (starter types). Okay, let's bring back the famous Sceptile!

:4kirby::4dedede:(:4metaknight:) (Bandana Waddle Dee)
Let's bring some spears to the Smash fields! Bandana Waddle Dee spears the match! And I would defenitely play with him! Dedede gets some cool new Masked alts.

:4falcon: (Black Shadow)
Black Shadow now gets the old moveset from Ganondorf. Captain Falcon has some alts from Blood Falcon.

:4ness:(:lucas:)
Lucas is back in town! After a Mother 3 remake (also for Europe, USA etc.), we can make a new moveset!

:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm:(Dancing Girl)
Remember the Dancing Girl in the new Fire Emblem 14 (?) trailer? I hope, really really hope, she's in! That would be so perfect! I like her now, and the game isn't even out yet.

:4pit::4palutena:

:4olimar:(:4alph:)
Alph is now a semi-clone for Olimar. Alph has Rock and Winged Pikmin, but no Purple and White Pikmin. Olimar has his old recovery back.

:4villager:(Tom Nook)
Tom Nook is a newcomer to the Animal Crossing series. He fights with bells, other Villagers and furniture.

:4shulk:(Cross)
Cross is a semi-clone of Shulk. He has the Arts power, but different attacks.

(:popo:):4duckhunt:(:4rob:)(:4gaw:):4littlemac:(:4wiifit:)(:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:) Inkling, Isaac, (Excitebiker), Chorus Kids, (Henry), Monita
Ice Climbers are back! Duck Hunt is back! R.O.B. is back! Mr. Game & Watch is back! Little Mac is back with his Wireframe! Mii Fighters are all back, but unlockable per art. Wii Fit Trainer is secret. Inkling, Isaac and Chorus Kids are some popular new characters. Excitebiker is the general 'retro' rep. He has the kind of Wario Bike, but then the Excitebike. Wario has this move not anymore. Henry is the Code Name rep. Monita has a weird Nintendo Land moveset, she is the surprise newcomer!

:4pacman::4sonic::4megaman: Professor Layton
Our Layton is making an appearance! Our old 3rd Parties are back! Snake isn't good liscended, unfortunately.
Why Cross? Why not Dunban?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
You played DBZ : Tenkaichi 3? That game has over 100 characters.

Why Cross? Why not Dunban?
I'm aware of the DBZ games but I'm not interested in the series at all.

Probably because Cross is the Main Character and Dunban (as much as I like him) is secondary to Shulk and has less importance to the plot than Seven.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
That's the reason why :)

BTW, I really want to choose Wrestler & Reporter as a second Rhythm Heaven rep. But that's MUCH, since the only series which gets 2 characters NEW in one game when they were a new franchise, were Mario, Pokémon and Fire Emblem. 3 of the 4 most important game series in Super Smash Bros. 4.

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
Decided to change my roster, if you like joke additions I think you'll love this.
Brackets mean that they're secret.
Original 12
Wario (Wario Land)
Bowser Jr
(Diddy Kong)
(Dr Mario)
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf (revamped)
Toon Link
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Little Mac
(Pit)
Marth
(Ike)
(Robin)
Lucina (revamped)
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Duck Hunt Duo
Mr G&W
R.O.B.
Ice Climbers
Ness
(Lucas)
Fox
Falco
(Wolf)
(Charizard/Squirtle/Ivysaur, reunited)
(Lucario)
Greninja
Mewtwo
Captain Falcon
Olimar
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Shulk
Miis
Sonic
Megaman
Pac-Man
Snake

Dimentio
(Lanky Kong)
Funky Kong
Captain Syrup
(Groose)
Kraid
(Glass Joe)
(Dog from KIU)
Fire Emblem rep
(Isaac)
Gen 7/8 Pokemon
Ninten
(Black Shadow)
(Tom Nook)
Shrek
(Bigley (Meme Run and Miiverse))
Dr Eggman
(Isabelle)

Classic Sonic
Galatica Knight
Alph
Dark Samus
Proto Man

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Decided to change my roster, if you like joke additions I think you'll love this.
Brackets mean that they're secret.
Original 12
Wario (Wario Land)
Bowser Jr
(Diddy Kong)
(Dr Mario)
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf (revamped)
Toon Link
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Little Mac
(Pit)
Marth
(Ike)
(Robin)
Lucina (revamped)
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Duck Hunt Duo
Mr G&W
R.O.B.
Ice Climbers
Ness
(Lucas)
Fox
Falco
(Wolf)
(Charizard)
(Lucario)
Greninja
Mewtwo
Captain Falcon
Olimar
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Shulk
Miis
Sonic
Megaman
Pac-Man
Snake

Dimentio
(Lanky Kong)
Funky Kong
Captain Syrup
(Groose)
Kraid
(Glass Joe)
(Dog from KIU)
Fire Emblem rep
(Isaac)
Gen 7/8 Pokemon
Ninten
(Black Shadow)
(Tom Nook)
Shrek
(Bigley (Meme Run and Miiverse))
Dr Eggman
(Isabelle)

Classic Sonic
Galatica Knight
Alph
Dark Samus
Proto Man
0/10 No Sanic

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'll try my hand at this...

[collapse=Veterans]:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4bowserjr::4dk::4diddy::4yoshi::rosalina::4wario:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4pit::4palutena::4falcon:
:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4fox::4falco::wolf::4ness:
:4pikachu::4charizard::mewtwopm::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4gaw::4littlemac::4rob::4duckhunt:
:4olimar::4villager::4wiifit::4shulk::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4miibrawl::4miisword::4miigun:[/collapse]

[collapse=Newcomers]King K. Rool
Impa
Ridley
Wonder Red
Splatoon Inkling[/collapse]
Honestly, this is pretty much perfect from where I'm standing. I would die happy with this roster. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom