• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you were in charge of roster picking for an upcoming Smash!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
So here's a fun thread. I felt like making this based on all the DLC wishlist threads and such. It also combines another idea if the reader could pick the unlockables. If you could pick out the roster for an upcoming Smash Bros. game, who would be in it? Would anyone from Smash 4 be cut? Reasonings and explanations are welcome!!

A few small restrictions to make sure this doesn't get haywire?

-No more than 70 characters. I feel this limit is more than enough to fit as many newcomers as you can push in.
-No more than 2 newcomers to a series. This is simply to avoid oversaturation of a series with representatives.
-You can cut up to 5 characters off the Smash 4 roster. Don't want 'em in your hypothetical roster? Get rid of 'em!
-You can have up to 5 third party characters. Wanna bring back Snake? Think Rayman deserves a home in Smash? Throw 'em in!
-Mii Fighters can count either as 1 slot together or 1 fighter per archetype, your choice

Also you can list which are unlockable, and which are starters! Heck, if you wanted some of them as DLC, you can list those as such too.

With that I'll list my list. I'm gonna be super organized with mine. :p

RETURNING VETERANS

From Smash 64:
1. Mario
2. Donkey Kong
3. Link
4. Samus
5. Yoshi
6. Kirby
7. Fox
8. Pikachu
9. Jigglypuff
10. Captain Falcon
11. Luigi
12. Ness

From Melee:
13. Dr. Mario(2)*
14. Peach
15. Bowser
16. Zelda
17. Sheik
18. Ganondorf*
19. Falco*
20. Mewtwo*
21. Ice Climbers
22. Marth
23. Roy(1)(2)*
24. Mr. Game & Watch*

From Brawl:
25. Wario
26. Diddy Kong
27. Toon Link
28. Zero Suit Samus
29. Meta Knight
30. King Dedede
31. Wolf(1)(2)*
32. Charizard
33. Lucario
34. Ike
35. Pit
36. Lucas(1)(2)
37. Olimar
38. R.O.B.*
39. Snake*
40. Sonic

From Smash 4:
41. Rosalina & Luma
42. Bowser Jr.*
43. Greninja
44. Robin
45. Palutena
46. Dark Pit(2)*
47. Little Mac
48. Villager
49. Wii Fit Trainer
50. Shulk
51. Duck Hunt*
52. Mega Man
53. Pac-Man
-Mii Fighters (all three types return)

(1) Was not present in Smash 4, returning from previously being dropped
(2) With more moveset differences to declone them further

NEWCOMERS

54. Captain Toad (Mario)
55. Andy (Advance Wars)
56. Isaac (Golden Sun)*
57. Ray (Custom Robo)*
58. Nintendoji (Nintendoji)*
59. Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
60. Simon Belmont (Castlevania)*
-New Mii Fighters (Ranger and Martial Artist)

Reasoning for certain choices...

Lucina cut: I feel that Roy would replace her as a fighter. This is mostly because it helps to represent the whole of the Fire Emblem series a bit better, as Awakening already has Robin, a far more unique fighter. As much as Lucina is liked, I would rather her cut in order to allow Roy to return both to allow a decent amount of Fire Emblem reps that also give a varied representation of the series.

Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Lucas, Roy, Wolf: All of them have potential as returning characters. Several changes could be made to most of them to give them some more uniqueness amongs the characters they are clones of.

I took a bit of a minimalistic approach to adding newcomers. I wanted to focus more on rounding out the roster while adding a few choices that would surprise the average player.

* = unlockable

So, who would you have?

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
So here's a fun thread. I felt like making this based on all the DLC wishlist threads and such. It also combines another idea if the reader could pick the unlockables. If you could pick out the roster for an upcoming Smash Bros. game, who would be in it? Would anyone from Smash 4 be cut? Reasonings and explanations are welcome!!

A few small restrictions to make sure this doesn't get haywire?

-No more than 70 characters. I feel this limit is more than enough to fit as many newcomers as you can push in.
-No more than 2 newcomers to a series. This is simply to avoid oversaturation of a series with representatives.
-You can cut up to 5 characters off the Smash 4 roster. Don't want 'em in your hypothetical roster? Get rid of 'em!
-You can have up to 5 third party characters. Wanna bring back Snake? Think Rayman deserves a home in Smash? Throw 'em in!
-Mii Fighters can count either as 1 slot together or 1 fighter per archetype, your choice

Also you can list which are unlockable, and which are starters! Heck, if you wanted some of them as DLC, you can list those as such too.

With that I'll list my list. I'm gonna be super organized with mine. :p

RETURNING VETERANS

From Smash 64:
1. Mario
2. Donkey Kong
3. Link
4. Samus
5. Yoshi
6. Kirby
7. Fox
8. Pikachu
9. Jigglypuff
10. Captain Falcon
11. Luigi
12. Ness

From Melee:
13. Dr. Mario(2)*
14. Peach
15. Bowser
16. Zelda
17. Sheik
18. Ganondorf*
19. Falco*
20. Mewtwo*
21. Ice Climbers
22. Marth
23. Roy(1)(2)*
24. Mr. Game & Watch*

From Brawl:
25. Wario
26. Diddy Kong
27. Toon Link
28. Zero Suit Samus
29. Meta Knight
30. King Dedede
31. Wolf(1)(2)*
32. Charizard
33. Lucario
34. Ike
35. Pit
36. Lucas(1)(2)
37. Olimar
38. R.O.B.*
39. Snake*
40. Sonic

From Smash 4:
41. Rosalina & Luma
42. Bowser Jr.*
43. Greninja
44. Robin
45. Palutena
46. Dark Pit(2)*
47. Little Mac
48. Villager
49. Wii Fit Trainer
50. Shulk
51. Duck Hunt*
52. Mega Man
53. Pac-Man
-Mii Fighters (all three types return)

(1) Was not present in Smash 4, returning from previously being dropped
(2) With more moveset differences to declone them further

NEWCOMERS

54. Captain Toad (Mario)
55. Andy (Advance Wars)
56. Isaac (Golden Sun)*
57. Ray (Custom Robo)*
58. Nintendoji (Nintendoji)*
59. Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
60. Simon Belmont (Castlevania)*
-New Mii Fighters (Ranger and Martial Artist)

Reasoning for certain choices...

Lucina cut: I feel that Roy would replace her as a fighter. This is mostly because it helps to represent the whole of the Fire Emblem series a bit better, as Awakening already has Robin, a far more unique fighter. As much as Lucina is liked, I would rather her cut in order to allow Roy to return both to allow a decent amount of Fire Emblem reps that also give a varied representation of the series.

Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Lucas, Roy, Wolf: All of them have potential as returning characters. Several changes could be made to most of them to give them some more uniqueness amongs the characters they are clones of.

I took a bit of a minimalistic approach to adding newcomers. I wanted to focus more on rounding out the roster while adding a few choices that would surprise the average player.

* = unlockable

So, who would you have?
I'd wait until all the DLC is announced for this game before we speculate and wish for the next game, Good roster, though I'd probably add Pious, Dillon, and Waluigi over Bayonette,Simon, and Toad, and probably add Sami in instead of Nintendoji.
just my opinion though, it could change.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Add Ice Climbers and **** anything that gets in their way!
Add Anna and Rayman. Get Lucas and Wolf back on board.
That's about it.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
This game is capable of DLC, why wait to bring these characters back, when we can do so now?
Lets get our veterans back as DLC, Sakurai is still working on the game, but only on Mewtwo, why waste that time on just one character, why not two like Mewtwo and Wolf. I'd add DLC onto this game, making the veterans free or low cost and the newcomers I charge on.

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
Veterans:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Rosalina
Bowser Jr.
Wario
Mr. Game&Watch
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Zelda
Shiek
Ganondorf
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Pit
Palutena
Marth
Ike
Robin
Kirby
Dedede
Meta Knight
Little Mac
Fox
Falco
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Jigglypuff
R.O.B
Ness
Captain Falcon
Olimar
Dr. Mario
Shulk
Villager
Megaman
Sonic
Young Link
Ice Climbers

Newcomers:
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Starfy (Starfy)
Mashtooth (The Legendary Starfy)
Genesect (Pokemon)
Dr. Lobe (Big Brain Acadamy)
Toad (Mario)
Fawful (Mario and Luigi)
Jeff (Earthbound)
Porky 9Earthbound)
Slippy Toad (Star Fox)
Doc Louis (Punch Out)
Elvin Gadd (Mario)
T-Rex (Fossil Fighters)
Wonder Red (Wonderful 101)

Guest Characters:
Banjo & Kazooie (Banjo Kazooie)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I'll format mine the same way you did.

VETERANS
Smash 64:
Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Yoshi
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Luigi
Ness

Melee:
Peach
Bowser
Zelda
Ganondorf
Falco
Mewtwo
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch

Brawl:
Pit
Wario
Ike
Charizard
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Lucas
Toon Link
Sonic
King Dedede
Olimar
Lucario
Wolf
R.O.B.

Wii U/3DS:
Villager
Mega Man
Wii Fit Trainer
Rosalina & Luma
Little Mac
Mii Fighters
Palutena
Pac-Man
Robin
Bowser Jr.
Shulk
Duck Hunt
Ryu
Cloud
Corrin
[/collapse]

[collapse=Newcomers]
Captain Toad
Paper Mario
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Impa
Ridley
Bandanna Dee
Isabelle
Excite Biker
Takamaru
Andy
Isaac
Chibi Robo
Rhythm Girl
[/collapse]

Last edited:

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
My first priority would be to bring in everyone from previous Smash games, including third parties if the rights carry over.

Past that, I would add:
Waluigi
Slippy
Porky
Ridley
Captain Toad
Dixie Kong
Isaac
Wonder-Red
Marshal

And if I can get the rights:
Simon Belmont
Rayman
Black Mage

I'd also push for more representation of third-party games owned by companies I already have the rights to one character from, similarly to how Namco gets all the music on Pac-Land. I'd try to shoot for stages from Ghosts 'n' Goblins, Ecco the Dolphin, and Klonoa, and include music from just about anything I can get my hands on - Bayonetta, Street Fighter, Tekken, Contra, the works.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
cut dr mario, lucina, dark pit, jigglypuff, pac man, and mewtwo, bring back wolf, pokemon trainer (red) with charizard sceptile and greninja, Ice Climbers, put zelda and sheik together again, same with samus and zss but transform with down on the d pad.
as for new newcomers
vaati (zelda)
impa (hyrule warriors/zelda)
krystal and slippy for a joke (star fox)
sylux (metroid)
Lyn (fire emblem)
king k rool (donkey kong)
tyranitar and Victini (pokemon)
Ray (Custom Robo)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
samurai goroh (f zero)
pokey (earthbound)
Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
Wonder-Red (The Wonderful 101)
tingle (Tingle series)
guests
agumon (digimon)

Last edited:

BBC7

Smash Ace
Newcomers:

Toad (Mario)
Impa (Zelda)
Skull Kid/Majora (Zelda)
Ghirahim (Zelda)
Blaziken (Pokemon)
Ridley (Metroid)
Tails Miles Prower (Sonic)
Fawful (Mario & Luigi)
Wonderful 100 (Wonderful 101)
Black Shadow (F-Zero)
Slippy Toad (Star Fox)
Virtual Boy (Nintendo)
Porky (Mother)

ErenJager

Smash Champion
IF I was in charge of the roster I think everyone would hate me, I'd have a handful of cuts, to the point it would be like a reboot of the series. The number of characters has gotten a bit out of hand, I'd also deter from third party characters.

I would have a very refined roster, but with extra effort put into each character.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Veterans:
Same as the SSB4 roster, except:

+Lucas
+Wolf
+Young Link as a Toon Link alt

-Lucina
-Dark Pit
-Dr. Mario

Newcomers:
Nintendo series:
Isaac [and Matthew possible alt] (Golden Sun)
Wonder Red (Wonderful 101)
Inkling (Splatoon)
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
Porky (Earthbound)
Ashley and Red (Warioware)
Captain Toad (Mario)
Waluigi (Mario)
Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
Sami (Advance Wars)
Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
Marshal (Rhythm Heaven)
Magician Mii Fighter

Non Nintendo characters if I could get the rights
Quote [Cave Story]
Shantae [Shantae]

Bonus character that only I would really want though probably wouldn't add
Patricia Wagon [Mighty Switch Force]

Reasons for some of these:
-I'd bring Wolf and Lucas back because they're very unique
-Make Young Link an alt because if Toon Link were to stay there would be 3 versions of link
-Cut the clones ONLY so there's more room. If it didn't matter, I'd keep them.

-Add Waluigi because he could represent all of the Mario spin-offs. I know Daisy could also do this, though I feel Waluigi is just more unique and could turn into a really interesting fighter.

Himynameisisaac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Himynameisisaac
Newcomers:

Toad (Mario)
Impa (Zelda)
Skull Kid/Majora (Zelda)
Ghirahim (Zelda)
Blaziken (Pokemon)
Ridley (Metroid)
Tails Miles Prower (Sonic)
Fawful (Mario & Luigi)
Wonderful 100 (Wonderful 101)
Black Shadow (F-Zero)
Slippy Toad (Star Fox)
Virtual Boy (Nintendo)
Porky (Mother)
All the lists are good but this one has to be my favorite only cause of Skull Kid. Although I would love for Sonic and Tails to be made into one character team ala Ice Climbers. I think they'd have such a badass moveset. And my nostalgia can't handle the fact that their recovery (up-b) would be Tails carrying Sonic then getting tired and dropping as they would in 2D Sonic titles. It would never happen but a guy can dream right? :urg:

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
I'm pretty happy with the roster but here are the veterans / newcomers I'd like to see.

Veterans: :wolf::lucas::younglinkmelee: (with a majora's mask moveset/appearance)

Newcomers:
Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)
Ghirahim (Zelda)
Impa (Zelda)
Ephiram (Fire Emblem)
Blaziken (Pokemon)
Chesnaught (Pokemon)
A F-Zero rep that isn't samurai goroh
Another Earthbound rep
Midbus and Dark Bowser as Clones/Alts

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'll give it a shot, with my own predictions.

[collapse=Veterans]
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Rosalina & Luma
Bowser Jr.
Yoshi
Wario(Warioware outfit & Original outfit)
Dr. Mario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Toon Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Charizard
Lucario
Greninja
Mewtwo
Captain Falcon
Ness
Lucas
Marth
Ike
Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B.
Duck Hunt
Ice Climbers
Pit
Palutena
Olimar
Little Mac (Wireframe)
Villager (Male & Female Alts)
Wii Fit Trainer (Female & Male Alts)
Shulk
Mii Brawler
Mii Swordfighter
Mii Gunner[/collapse]

[collapse=Updated veterans]
-Dark Pit now uses a moveset with the Dark Pit staff in mind. His A moves are all different. His B moves, however, are the same except for:
Neutral B, which functions like his old B move except the staff can be angled(points in the direction the control stick is in) and the shots can't be moved, but the shots move very fast.
B-Down, which the shields only appear in the direction Dark Pit is facing, but are harder to destroy due to 2 shields being in the same place.
-Lucina now uses a more original moveset. She still only uses her Falchion, however, her idle stance is now her stance in Awakening before posing to attack. Her A attacks are a bit more like her attacks, Chrom's attacks and Mercenary attacks from Awakening and involve her swinging in wide arcs with a bit of power behind them. Her B move is still Shield Breaker, but it attacks with a swing like Marth's Shield Breaker from Melee. Her B-Side is Aether, which she charges forward and swings her sword in an arc. If it's blocked or if it hits, the button can be pressed again to use the Luna portion of Aether. Her Up-B is Galeforce. It works similar to Dolphin Slash and Air Slash, but like Aether, if blocked or it hits, the button can be pressed to do a second attack. Down B is still Counter.
-Robin is now Mark, the Tactician from Fire Emblem 7. Like with Robin, Male Mark is the default form with Female Mark as an Alt. However Male Robin and Female Robin are selectable Alts for Mark.
-Roy is re-introduced. His Flare Blade is a projectile, mimicking that of his projectile attack in Fire Emblem 6. And most of his A attacks from Melee are replaced with unique attacks, making him more like Lucas and Wolf. His B-Side move is his special move.(Basically, his "Aether" move from a remake of Fire Emblem 6+7. Use your imagination for this.)[/collapse]

[collapse=Character costumes for Veterans]
Larry, Roy, Wendy, Iggy, Morton, Lemmy and Ludwig = Bowser Jr.
Young Link = Toon Link
Ninten = Ness
Kumatora = Lucas
Eliwood = Marth
Priam = Ike
Chrom = Lucina
Alph = Olimar[/collapse]

[collapse=Newcomers]
Dixie Kong
Impa
Gen 7 or 8 Pokemon
Lyndis (Female Kris)
Isaac (Matthew)
Xenoblade Chronicles Cross character
Takamaru
Another Retro character
Rhythm Heaven character
Inkling
Mii Magician[/collapse]

[collapse=3rd Party]
Sonic
Megaman
Pac-man
Simon Belmont
Black Mage[/collapse]

I think I followed everything. Although still hard to do a roster when you know there will be lots of new stuff before the new Smash Bros and that some of the newcomers might happen for DLC and as such are veterans. Fire Emblem was done in the mindset of "This Fire Emblem happened just before the new Smash was announced." I don't think I quite over did it , as one character is the same moveset of a past veteran, one is a re-introduced veteran and one is an actual newcomer.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Can't believe this post is so old.

Veterans:
Smash 64: :4mario::4luigi::4dk::4falcon::4ness::4fox::4yoshi::4pikachu::4samus::4link::4jigglypuff::4kirby:
Melee: :4bowser::4falco::4ganondorf::4gaw::4marth::4peach::4zelda::4sheik::mewtwopm::popo:
Brawl: :4charizard::4dedede::4diddy::4myfriends::4lucario::4metaknight::4olimar::4pit::4rob::4sonic::4tlink::4wario2::4zss::lucas::wolf:

Smash 4: :4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4greninja::4littlemac::4lucina::4megaman::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4palutena::4pacman::4robinf::rosalina::4shulk::4villager::4wiifit:

Veteran notes: Ganon is further decloned but still has shreds of Falcondorf. M2 is back because M2. ICs are back. Diddy is nerfed. Lucas has different specials and Wolf stays mostly the same. Little Mac is buffed becuase he is garbage. Lucina is decloned to match Lucina.

Cuts:
:4darkpit::4drmario::younglinkmelee::pichumelee::roymelee::snake::pt::ivysaur::squirtle:.
Dark Pit and Doc were filler. They are now alts. Young Link and Roy are not worthy to return. Pichu sucks and there are better joke characters than yet another Pokemon. Snake does not return cause Konami. The other Pokemon characters don't return due to Pokemon overpopulation.

Attachments

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Veterans
Mario:
-Mario
-Luigi
-Peach
-Bowser
-Bowser Jr. (& Koopalings)
-Rosalina
-Dr. Mario

Donkey Kong:
-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong

Yoshi:
-Yoshi

Wario:
-Wario (with a moveset closely resembling his appearance in the Wario Land games)

The Legend of Zelda:
-Link
-Zelda
-Sheik
-Ganondorf (with a revamped moveset where he is both a physical fighter and sword fighter)
-Toon Link

Metroid:
-Samus
-Zero Suit Samus

Kirby:
-Kirby
-Meta Knight
-King Dedede

Star Fox:
-Fox
-Falco
-Wolf (re-added)

Pokemon:
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Lucario
-Charizard
-Greninja
-Mewtwo

F-Zero:
-Captain Falcon

EarthBound/Mother:
-Ness

Fire Emblem:
-Marth
-Ike
-Robin
-Lucina

Game & Watch:
-Mr. Game & Watch

Kid Icarus:
-Pit
-Palutena

Pikmin:
-Olimar

Robot:
-R.O.B.

Animal Crossing:
-Villager

Wii Fit:
-Wii Fit Trainer

Punch Out!!:
-Little Mac

Miis:
-Mii Fighters

Xenoblade Chronicles:
-Shulk

Duck Hunt:
-Duck Hunt

3rd Party:
-Sonic
-Mega Man
-Pac-Man

Nearly the entire cast of Smash 4. From the veterans and the core newcomers, there wasn't anyone that I wanted to get rid of.
The clone trio had an easier decision, though. I kept Dr. Mario as I find his spot on the roster to at least be justifiable since he has a very successful line of puzzle games. I also kept Lucina as she is a popular character from Fire Emblem: Awakening. The only character that I outright cut was Dark Pit because I find him to be entirely unnecessary.
I brought back Wolf because he is a popular Star Fox character and even an important Nintendo character; his cut was kind of unjustifiable. I didn't bring back Lucas, Snake, and the Ice Climbers mainly because I didn't want to, same goes for the other Melee cuts.

Newcomers
-Captain Toad (Mario)
-Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
-King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
-Bandana Dee (Kirby)
-Samurai Goroh (F-Zero)
-Alph (clone newcomer that uses Rock Pikmin and that replaces both Purple and White Pikmin) (Pikmin)
-Cross or whoever will be the most popular character in XC: X (Xenoblade Chronicles)
-Marshal (Rhythm Heaven)
-Takamaru (Mysterious Castle)
-Inkling (Splatoon)
-Andy (Advance Wars)
-Isaac (Golden Sun)
-Bomberman (3rd Party)

I added Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, Takamaru, and Samurai Goroh because they are long-time Nintendo all-stars that haven't gotten their time to shine yet. Same goes for Toad, except he is represented as Captain Toad.
I added Bandana Dee for his uniqueness and increasing popularity in the Kirby franchise.
Alph makes sense as a clone newcomer. That sort of role would save some time, but the inclusion of Rock Pikmin would cost him Purple and White Pikmin.
I mainly added a character from XC: X for my personal belief that we will probably see XC get a newcomer in the next Smash with someone from X being that newcomer.
Golden Sun and Advance Wars are two important franchises without characters; I added characters from them for that reason.
Marshal and Inkling were mainly added to get even more representation from newer franchises.
Bomberman is one of the biggest third parties out there and he has a quite an impressive resume with Nintendo. I think that garners him a spot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh hey a game.

If I were in charge of the roster, eh? Should be interesting.

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4bowserjr::rosalina:
:4yoshi:
:4wario2:
:4dk::4diddy:
:4link::4zelda::4ganondorf::4tlink:
:4samus:
:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight:
:4fox::4falco::wolf:
:4pit::4palutena:
:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::mewtwopm::4jigglypuff::4greninja:
:4ness::lucas:
:4olimar::4falcon::4villager::4littlemac::4wiifit::4shulk:
:4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt::popo:
:4megaman::4pacman::4sonic::snake:
:4mii:

King K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Ridley
Chrom
Muddy Mole
Starfy
Chibi-Robo
Dillon
Captain Fleming
Inkling
Isaac
Chorus Kids

:4zss::4sheik::4darkpit::squirtle::ivysaur::4lucina::4drmario:

Sure to be controversial, but hey. I'd buy it. :p Totals to 61 characters with five Smash 4 Cuts, two of which are pretty controversial.

Kieron Tohill

Smash Rookie
So, If I took Sakurai's place for the Next Smash Bros.
First, It needs a Title.

SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE (kind of creative or not..)

For Whatever console.

Release Dates:

UK - December 14th 2019
JP - December 16th 2019
EU - December 17th 2019
AU - December 18th 2019
NA - December 20th 2019
WW - December 23rd 2019 (WW means World Wide)

So now onto the best thing of Smash. CHARACTERS!!!

Veterans (Starter):
Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Yoshi
Pikachu
Fox
Kirby
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Ness
Jigglypuff
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr. (And the other 7 as alts.)
Marth
Ike
Ice Climbers (I had an idea for the baby bros. So BMario & BLuigi as an alt together.)
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Robin
Lucas
Chiazard
Lucario
Greninja
Pit (Dark Pit as an alt.)
Palutena
Little Mac
Toon Link (Young Link as an alt.)
Villager
Meta Knight
Diddy Kong
Olimar (Alph and Louie as alts.)
Rosalina and Luma
Wii Fit Trainer
Sonic
Megaman
Pac Man
Shulk
Mii Fighter

Unlockables:
Mewtwo
Lucina (Roy as an alt.)
Wolf
Dr. Mario
Falco
Wario
R.O.B
Duck Hunt Dog
Mr. Game & Watch

Newcomers:

Part of the Starters:
Chrous Men
Tom Nook
Dixie Kong
Captain Toad
Isaac (From Golden Sun)
Bandana Dee
Kystal
Gardevoir

Unlockables:
Geno
Waluigi
Impa
King.K Rool
Mr. Resetti
Ridley

Stages: I dunno.

Rated: Pegi 12 in EU, E+10 for NA and Cero A for Japan.

So what do you think? Give me a reply back.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
All of the characters in Smash 4 minus Ike, Dark Pit, one of the Pokemon (that's not Pikachu or Jigglypuff) and Lucina.
1. Tom Nook
2. Chorus Men
3. Mr. Resetti or Isabelle
4. A new retro
5. Hanafuda character
6. Ice Climbers
7. A new Pokemon
8. Balloon Fighter

I don't really know what I would put beyond that, the other choices don't seem really necessary.

Last edited:

pandajedi

Smash Cadet
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Bowser Jr., Rosalina,
Newcomer: Captain Toad
Notes: Dr. Mario is an alt for Mario, and Mario has the tornado by default. Daisy, Dry Bowser, and the Koopalings are other alts. Peach's Toad move is replaced and so is her turnip pluck, and Yoshi's egg throw has an aiming reticle as in Yoshi's Island. Captain Toad has a moveset based around being able to drop and pick up his backpack- without it, he's weaker and doesn't have his pickaxe, but with it he has no jump whatsoever. Toadette, Toadsworth, and the other Toad Brigade members are all alts.

Donkey, Diddy
Newcomer(s): Dixie, King K. Rool
Notes: DK now uses Rambi in his final smash. DK, Diddy, and Dixie have Chunky, Lanky, and Tiny outfits respectively (not alts!). King K. Rool has a viking outfit to honor Lord Fredrik. DK's white color now has a blue tie a la Super Kong.
Dixie's moveset is a hybrid of DK (hair-ground pound, spinning Kong) and Diddy (similar normals, monkey flip)

Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Toon Link
Newcomer(s): Impa, Tetra
Notes: Impa is very similar to Sheik, and even has a Sheik alt. Tetra acts as a partner to Toon Link, but more unique than Toon Zelda would be.
Ganondorf is now completely unique, and his final smash is a real transformation into trident wielding Ganon. His old Falcondorf moveset isn't gone however...

Samus, Zero Suit Samus
Newcomer: Ridley
Notes: Ridley will replace Charizard in a number of similarities, although he will also have a number of unique changes made to him.

Pit, Palutena
Notes: Dark Pit will be reverted to an alt- he'll maintain his own voice and taunts, but will no longer have unique moves. Kid Icarus probably won't have a sequel by then, so I don't see Medusa or Hades getting in just yet, though the former could have a tribute outfit on Palutena, and the latter could be a boss.

Marth, Ike, Robin
Notes: Lucina is now a Marth alt. Ike can be given a costume of another significant character that comes along, but three reps is enough for a series with a constantly rotating cast.

Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight
Newcomer(s): Either Bandanna Dee, or Dark Matter, not both.
Notes: The former is more likely, but the latter would be cool too. Dark Matter could play primarily in his magic-casting-swordsmen form from Dream Land 2, and his "true form" could be his final smash.
Meta Knight gets a Galacta Knight alt.

Fox, Wolf
Newcomer: Peppy Hare
Notes: Falco is now consolidated into a Fox alt, though his unique specials would become custom moves. Wolf returns.
Peppy's moveset is based on high jumping ability (he's a rabbit), a barrel roll maneuver, and other weapons not seen in previous Star Fox movesets. In addition to Falco being a Fox alt, Peppy has a Slippy alt (he's a frog- also a high jumper). This way, Star Fox will have 3 unique movesets, but the entire crew of original pilots + a villain.

Pikachu, Lucario, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff
Newcomers: I'm torn between a bunch. Thoughts below
Notes: I think Charizard and Greninja would make good cuts because we don't need another Gen 1 and we'll be getting a Gen 8er. However, if the Gen 8 Grass starter is a good match to round out the trio, I'd be happy to keep them. Another newcomer idea would be to have all the "pixie-legendaries"- Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, Victini, Diancie, Gen 7er, Gen 8er- act as a Bowser Jr. esque collection of 8 skins on the same moveset. Create a single moveset for a small hovering Pokemon, and then each one of them would give all the attacks an aesthetic change (Celebi being grass, Manaphy water, Victini fire, Mew psychic, Jirachi yellow stars, Diancie hearts or whatever (I've never actually seen Diancie)). The ones we have so far are AS colorfully distinct as the Koopalings were, you'd just have to give them all a slight aura glow of their different colors (pink, green, yellow, blue, orange, grey)- and hopefully the gen 7 and 8 pixies are maybe purple, black, red, or white.

Captain Falcon
Newcomer: Black Shadow
Notes: Remember earlier when I said that the Falcondorf moveset wouldn't be tossed out wholesale? Oila! Black Shadow becomes the new heavy falcon clone now that Ganondorf becomes unique. In addition, make Captain's Blood Falcon skin a legit alt. Samurai Goroh can stay as an AT, but throw in another one (preferably Pico).

Ness
Newcomer: Porky
Notes: Lucas and Ninten can be Ness alts. All the Mother protagonists under one moveset. Then, Porky to act as the series villain. He'd be in a robot spider contraption with a bunch of gadgets, somewhat like Bowser Jr in that sense only not hovering.

Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Duck-Hunt
Newcomer: The Virtual Boy
Notes: The current roster of retro reps no longer consists of Ice climbers and Pit. Instead, every Retro rep represents a piece of Nintendo hardware bigger than themselves, and beyond the scope of a one off game. So in keeping with that, I present The Virtual Boy. The virtual boy hardware unit itself would be depicted as a small, hovering robot with the ability to project images out of it's "eyes" onto the world like red and black holograms. The projector hovers just behind the plane of action, and it projects the "Boy" onto the field. The Virtual "Boy" is Nester by default, but being a simple projection, his moves have him physically transform into different shapes for his various attacks, from a boost-across-the-stage Spaceship, to a Bowling Ball down-b, to even a Robot Boxer for strong smash uppercuts.
Most interestingly is his move "Layer Counter". The boy has the ability to jump for a split second just into the Foreground of the stage, allowing him to dodge projectiles, or, if narrowly missing a physical attack, come slamming back into the midground and slamming into his opponent.
His final Smash would have the Virtual Bot fly towards our screen, making the entire field of view as if we're looking through the Virtual Boy lens. Everything gets painted in red and black, and the player gets to move a laser reticle around firing shots at the other fighters.

Little Mac, Villager, Olimar,
Newcomers: Sami, Inkling, ShulkReplacement
Notes: Unfortunately for these three, they'll stay "one rep franchises" for now. Olimar maintains his Alph alt though.
Sami is my preferred Advance Wars rep, though Andy would be fine too. I imagine playstyle would be similar to Snake, with a lot of equipment being utilized from a distance and mines/traps being set. Inkling would have the ability to traverse the floor and walls in Squid form. Xenoblade Chronicles X is likely to have a new main character (besides the player avatar), which would prompt me to replace Shulk (and keep him as an Alt) rather than give the franchise a second rep- however, if the player avatar is indeed the only obvious main character, just keep Shulk around with no other reps (but definitely give the series another stage, AT, music, and all that stuff).

Sonic, Mega-Man, Pac-man
Newcomer(s): Many potential candidates.
Notes: Other third party reps depend basically on what the company relationships are like in a few years. Right now, Ubisoft, Konami, and Square Enix all have reasons why Nintendo and them wouldn't cooperate well enough to make a character work. If Konami came around, Simon Belmont and Bomberman are must have NES icons. If Square Enix were in better graces, there's tons of potential but I'd hands down prefer for their rep to be Black Mage. Black Mage would represent classic Final Fantasy, which is more relevant to Nintendo history than anything else Square has. Plus, like Pac-Man, Black Mage could incorporate other Square Enix nods into his moveset. Maybe a summon move that could produce a chocobo, Moogle, or Slime at random. His final smash could open a warp, sending his opponents off to be skewered by Loto, Cloud, Crono, and Sora (to touch all the bases). Then you could even get a Geno Assist Trophy if you really wanted.
Aside from Banjo-Kazooie, which is a pipedream, there's one other third party I'd be pretty adamant about recruiting: Mickey Mouse. Mickey and Mario going head to head would totally be in the spirit of Super Smash Bros, and he's got a long history on Nintendo consoles.
Additionally, Ms. Pacman and Minnie Mouse should be alts of Pac-man and Mickey.

TL;DR
Newcomers:
Captain Toad, Impa, Tetra, Dixie, K. Rool, Ridley, Kirby rep, Peppy Hare, Various pokemon, Porky, Virtual Boy, Sami, Inkling, Mickey Mouse and Black Mage.
Cuts: Mii Fighters (I can think of better ways to represent Miis), Wii Fit Trainer, Possibly Charizard and Greninja, Possibly Shulk to get replaced. Pichu, Roy, Young Link, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Snake all remain cuts.
Alts: Falco, Sheik, Dr. Mario, Lucina, Dark Pit, Lucas -All get demoted to alts of other characters.
Daisy, Dry Bowser, Toadette/various Toads, Potential new Fire Emblem character, Black Shadow, Ninten, Ms.Pacman, Minnie Mouse are all NEW alts.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
All veterans except for Lucina and Mewtwo return. Lucas, Wolf, Roy, and Ice Climbers come back.
Newcomers
- Captain Toad
- Bandana Dee
- Chef Kawasaki
- Funky Kong
- 9-Volt
- Leon Powalski
- Slippy Toad
- Anthony Higgs
- Poo
- Zoroark
- An F-Zero character
- Shrek
- Isaac
- Andy
- Takamaru
- Chorus Kids
- Sable Prince
- Tetra
- Inkling
- Wonder Red
- Abe Lincoln

3rd party
- Sonic
- Mega Man
- Pac-Man
- Shadow
- Sora

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh, well... just for fun... everyone from SSB4 returns except Lucina, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario... and bring back Lucas, Wolf, and Ice Climbers... and the 15 newcomers are:

1. Simon Belmont
2. Captain N
3. Wandering Heroes from Find Mii
4. Mallo from Pushmo
5. Captain Toad
6. Dixie Kong
7. Impa
8. Bandanna Dee
9. Meowth (I wish)
10. Medusa
11. Classic Wario
12. Takamaru
13. Infantry Unit from Advance Wars
14. Muddy Mole
15. Chocobo & Slime from Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest respectively (team like Duck Hunt)

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
So, If I took Sakurai's place for the Next Smash Bros.
First, It needs a Title.

SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE (kind of creative or not..)

For Whatever console.

Release Dates:

UK - December 14th 2019
JP - December 16th 2019
EU - December 17th 2019
AU - December 18th 2019
NA - December 20th 2019
WW - December 23rd 2019 (WW means World Wide)

So now onto the best thing of Smash. CHARACTERS!!!

Veterans (Starter):
Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Yoshi
Pikachu
Fox
Kirby
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Ness
Jigglypuff
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr. (And the other 7 as alts.)
Marth
Ike
Ice Climbers (I had an idea for the baby bros. So BMario & BLuigi as an alt together.)
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Robin
Lucas
Chiazard
Lucario
Greninja
Pit (Dark Pit as an alt.)
Palutena
Little Mac
Toon Link (Young Link as an alt.)
Villager
Meta Knight
Diddy Kong
Olimar (Alph and Louie as alts.)
Rosalina and Luma
Wii Fit Trainer
Sonic
Megaman
Pac Man
Shulk
Mii Fighter

Unlockables:
Mewtwo
Lucina (Roy as an alt.)
Wolf
Dr. Mario
Falco
Wario
R.O.B
Duck Hunt Dog
Mr. Game & Watch

Newcomers:

Part of the Starters:
Chrous Men
Tom Nook
Dixie Kong
Captain Toad
Isaac (From Golden Sun)
Bandana Dee
Kystal
Gardevoir

Unlockables:
Geno
Waluigi
Impa
King.K Rool
Mr. Resetti
Ridley

Stages: I dunno.

Rated: Pegi 12 in EU, E+10 for NA and Cero A for Japan.

So what do you think? Give me a reply back.
Well, if you insist....
Baby Bros don't connect at all with what the Ice Climbers do. Or have them separate or just don't go with them altogether. Roy as alt for Lucy? Doesn't look right. Why not having Roy as a separate fighter and let Lucina be her own? Plus, if you are the director, you can put as many FE characters you want. Mario got away with 11. Shrinking down Ridley is a risky move but it's a WHOLE debate I DON'T WANT to touch. What will Mr. Ressetti do? DHD and ROB CAN DO stuff, but Ressetti? I'm not going to say to ut down on Mario/ Pokemon characters due to the argument I made with Roy, anything goes if you are in charge.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sure, I'll bite.

Veterans

1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Bowser
  4. Peach
  5. Rosalina and Luma
  6. Bowser Jr.
  7. Link
  8. Zelda
  9. Shiek
  10. Ganondorf
  11. Toon Link
  12. Samus
  13. Zero Suit Samus
  14. Donkey Kong
  15. Diddy Kong
  16. Wario
  17. Yoshi
  18. Kirby
  19. King Dedede
  20. Meta Knight
  21. Pikachu
  22. Charizard
  23. Lucario
  24. Greninja
  25. Jigglypuff
  26. Mewtwo
  27. Marth
  28. Ike
  29. Robin
  30. Lucina
  31. Pit
  32. Dark Pit
  33. Palutena
  34. Fox
  35. Falco
  36. Wolf
  37. Ness
  38. Lucas
  39. Captain Falcon
  40. Ice Climbers
  41. Olimar and Pikmin
  42. Villager
  43. Wii Fit Trainer
  44. Shulk
  45. Mii Fighter (Brawler, Swordfighter, Gunner)
  46. Sonic
  47. Mega Man
  48. Pac Man

Newcomers

1. Kamek (Yoshi) (Rides on a broom and utilizes buffing/debuffing magic)
  2. Ridley (Metroid) (Very slightly downsized from his current model...first mega weight character.)
  3. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong) (Floaty and aerial focused)
  4. Lana (Legend of Zelda) (Utilizes barrier type magic and traps)
  5. Tom Nook (Animal Crossing) (Item based character that can collect bells as payment and use them against players)
  6. Sceptile (Pokemon) (Lack of a 7/8th Rep) (can climb up walls)
  7. Captain Toad (Mario) (Can unpack/pack his backpack in order to increase/decrease his weight)
  8. Chorus Men (Rhythm based fighter)
  9. Matthew (Golden Sun) (Uses Venus Psyenergy....Isaac is an alt costume.)
  10. Takamaru (Mysterious Castle Murasame) (Fast paced fighter that can use ultra quick dash attacks)
  11. Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) (Buries his opponents into oblivion and shovel bounces)
  12. Fatal Frame character (Fatal Frame) (Utilizes flashlights, cameras, and ghosts for attacks. My suggestion goes to Yuuri; seeing how she is the most recent)
  13. Inkling (Splatoon) (Purely projectile fighter that uses ink to increase her movements/slow down opponents.)
  14. Bayonetta (Bayonetta) (Uses dark magic and summoning for attack. Explicit content is removed.)
  15. Mii Fighter (Mii Mag,. Mii Engineer, and Mii Rogue) (Mii Mage can use magic, Mii Engineer builds droids. and Mii Rogue is a Greninja/Shiek type character.)

Total: 63

Potential Additions

King K. Rool (His lack of any sort of appearance in any recent DK game is pretty damning to me.)
Paper Mario (Possible addition in the near future)
Impa
Mach Rider
Lip
Waluigi
Bandana Dee
Krystal
Dark Samus
Hades
Dillon
King Hippo
Chrom

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Alright *snaps neck* time to get this party started.

Veterans: :4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina::4bowserjr::4yoshi::4wario2::4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede::4fox::4falco::wolf::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::mewtwopm::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja::4falcon::4ness::lucas::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4pit::4palutena::4olimar::4rob::4sonic::4villager::4wiifit::4gaw::4mii::4shulk::4littlemac::popo::4pacman::4megaman::4duckhunt: (Peach now has a Dasy alt, Shulk has an alt based on Cross, Every Zelda character can dress up as their Hyrule Warriors counterparts, Captain Falcon has a full fledged Blood Falcon alt, and Lucas had a new Masked Man alt).

Cuts: :4darkpit::4drmario::4lucina: (Edgy Pit is gone since he's not received well, Doc's time has passed until there's more Doctor Mario games, and Lucina would be less likley than the Fire Emblem 15 rep. All three characters should be promoted to alt status next time around.).

1. Simon Belmont (Castlevania) (The perfect Konami rep to replace Snake and has a unique fighting style based on the Vampire Killer and other subweapons).

2. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country) (Shares some physical attacks with Dixie while having a few unique moves based on hr hair, guitar, and bubblegum).

3. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) (A new heavyweight with some pretty unpredictable attacks based on his many personas).

4. Impa (The Legend of Zelda) (A new Sheikah that would have a great mixture between athletic combat and magical attacks).

5. Captain Toad* (Super Mario Bros.) (This cutie would have a hefty arsenal based on his treasure hunting adventures and a new gimmick involving spores)

6. Ridley (Metroid) (He will be the polar opposite of Little Mac, having deadly aerial attacks and subpar close-up tactics. Plus the power of dragon flight!).

7. Medusa (Kid Icarus) (A slow and powerful character with many status inducing magic attacks and one of the best trapping techniques in the game).

8. Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle) (The only swordsman with a Iaijutsu swordplay with even deadly ranged options than Robin)

9. Harry (Teleroboxer) (A boxing robot that could also take some cool references to other Virtual Boy games for his fighting style)

10. Isabelle* (Animal Crossing) (She may have similarly weird moves like the Villager, but she can also use public projects and fruit)

11. Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven) (Three cute creatures that can have a rhythm based gimmick and borrow references to other minigames in the franchise).

12. Savvy Stylist** (Style Savvy) (A fashion diva using the many features from her game, including a close changing gimmick that changes her playstyle and her costumers attacking her foes based on the type of object that is tossed).

13. Inkling* (Splatoon) (Having a paint heavy moveset that allows her to use the environment to her advantage and move around in her squid form).

14. Black Mage (Final Fantasy) (A tricky mage with various magic attacks at his disposal, including one that stops the play and summoning massive meteors).

15. 8th Generation Rep (Pokemon) (Too be announced).

16: FE15 Protagonist (Fire Emblem) (To be announced).

* = Has an alt that makes them become another character or change their sex.

** = Has multiple appearances a la Villager for colors.

Total Roster: 60 fighters

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Just go through this quickly
-Add back Lucas, Wolf and Ice Climbers
-Remove Sonic, Pac-Man and Megaman, plus Lucina. Dark Pit gets a revamp
-Captain Toad
-Inkling
-Wii Sports
-Impa
-Dixie
-Henry Fleming
-Takamaru
-Isabelle
-Ridley

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
Veterans
Mario (Dr. Mario Demoted to a palette swap)
Luigi
Peach (Daisy as a true alt not just peach colored like her)
Rosalina
Bowser
Bowser Jr. (+All Koopaling alts)
Charizard
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario
Greninja
Link
Zelda
Shiek (Impa as an alt)
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Marth
Ike
Robin
Lucina
Kirby
Meta Knight (Galacta Knight Alt)
King Dedede
Pit
Palutena
Dark Pit
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Donkey Kong (Funky Kong Alt.)
Diddy Kong
Ice Climbers
Little Mac (His moveset would get an overhaul)
Mr. Game and Watch
R.O.B.
Yoshi
Wario
Olimar (Alph, Brittany, and Louie as alts)
Ness (Ninten and Lucas as Alts)
Wii Fit Trainer
Villager
Shulk
Duck Hunt
Sonic
Mega Man
Pac Man
Mii FIghters (Brawler, Swordmaster broadened to Weaponmaster, Gunner)

Newcomers
(Mii Mage and Mii Prankster)
Waluigi
Marshall
Masked Man
King K. Rool
Lord Fredrik
Inkling
Sumia
Zant
Ridley
Prince Fluff
Charlie (Heavier, Stronger Olimar, Rock Pikmin instead of Purple and white. President as an alt.)
Wonder Red (Wonder Blue Alt.)
Krystal
Hades
Tempo
Rayman
Banjo-Kazooie or Estellise (I can't decide.)

also I propose a new rule: no anime or cartoon characters. I saw someone wanting Mickey Mouse. something like that would be a catalyst to Smash bros becoming Irrelevant to its original purpose.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
That's not a "new" rule - Sakurai himself has said that Smash characters have to originate from video games.

Believe me, I'd love to see Kenshiro or Jotaro, but that's not the rule.

Last edited:

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
I meant for this thread.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So the next Smash game would be coming out somewhere around 2021, wouldn't you figure? This list'll assume the roster in question is for a game six and a half years from now, and that we didn't get any DLC for Smash 4 beyond Mewtwo.

Super Mario
-Mario
>Dr. Mario relegated to alternate costume set.
-Luigi
-Peach
>Daisy as alternate costume set.
-Bowser
-Rosalina & Luma
-Bowser Jr.
>Koopalings return as alternate costumes.
-Yoshi
-Wario

The Legend of Zelda
-Link
-Zelda
-Sheik
-Toon Link
-Ganondorf
>Revamped moveset, combining physical blows with some sorcery (Dead Man's Volley as neutral special) and with materializing the Anti-Master Sword for some attacks.
>Appearance would change to match his appearance in the newest 3D non-Toon-style game.

Pokemon
-Pikachu
-Charizard
-Mewtwo
-Lucario
-Greninja

(Either Jigglypuff or Mewtwo would be cut, to allow more room for newcomers and keep the Pokemon representation from focusing too much on Generation 1. By this point, Gen 7 and likely Gen 8 will be out, and shouldn't the newer mons be just as important as the older ones?)

Kirby
-Kirby
-King Dedede
-Meta Knight

Donkey Kong
-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong

Metroid
-Samus
-Zero Suit Samus

Star Fox
-Fox
-Falco
>May be a distinct character with a moveset that diverges further from Fox, may actually just be an alternate costume set for Fox. Would depend on how the series fares in the years beforehand.
-Wolf

Fire Emblem
-Marth
>Lucina relegated to alternate costume set.
-Ike
>Vanguard Ike added as alternate costume set.
-Robin
>Grandmaster Robin added as alternate costume set.
>Hooded Robin added as alternate costume.

Kid Icarus
-Pit
>Dark Pit relegated to alternate costume set.
-Palutena

Xenoblade
-Shulk

Retro Characters
-Mr. Game & Watch
-R.O.B.
-Duck Hunt
-Ice Climbers
>Returning with revamped AI that allows new techniques but disallows desynchs and grab infinites. The 3DS' successor would ideally be more than capable of handling them.

Miscellaneous
-Little Mac
-Ness
>Lucas appears as alternate costume set.
-Captain Falcon
-Olimar
>Alph returns as alternate costume set, possibly along with a protagonist from a hypothetical Pikmin 4/5/most recent game in series?
-Villager
-Wii Fit Trainer
-Mii Fighters (Brawler, Swordfighter, Gunner)

Third Party
-Sonic the Hedgehog
-Mega Man
-Pac-Man
Super Mario
-Captain Toad

The Legend of Zelda
-Impa

Pokemon
-(Grass starter from Gen 7/8/whichever is the most recent, most popular, or has the highest moveset potential)

Kirby
-Bandana Dee

Donkey Kong
-Dixie Kong
-King K. Rool
>...But only if the series keeps going strong and if he makes his grand return in a game close to Smash 5's start of development.

Metroid
-Ridley
>Sakurai may think shrinking him down wouldn't be true to his character now...but he changed his mind on the Villager being unfit for Smash, didn't he?
>If not Ridley, then a Hunter who has played important roles in recent games at the time of Smash 5's development.

Star Fox
-Krystal

Fire Emblem
-(Major character from the most recent Fire Emblem game, preferably one with a vastly different playstyle to Marth, Ike, or Robin)

Xenoblade
-(Major character from the most recent Xenoblade game)
>This one's a bit of a reach, going off the idea that Nintendo is turning Xenoblade into their flagship "traditional" RPG franchise, like their answer to Final Fantasy. If so, we may see a third game in the series around 2018-2019.

Retro Characters
-Takamaru

Miscellaneous
-Matthew
>...But only if Golden Sun gets going again.
-Marshal
>...But only if a new Rhythm Heaven game comes out near the start of Smash 5's development.
-Inkling
-Mii Spellcaster

Third Party
-Simon Belmont
>...Provided relations improve between Nintendo and Konami.
-Black Mage
>...Provided relations between Nintendo and Square Enix become more solid.
Veterans: 46-47 (+ Mii Fighters)
Newcomers: 11-16 (+ Mii Fighter)

Total: 57-63 (+4)

Last edited:

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
So hey, now that I've posted a reasonable roster, just for fun I'm going to do the roster I would do if I had 100% creative control and rights weren't an issue.

All veteran characters, including those cut from Melee and Brawl, plus...

Captain Toad
Waluigi
Simon Belmont
Doomguy
Sir Arthur
Kenshiro
Jotaro Kujo
Adon (Cho Aniki)
Tails
Knuckles
Shadow
Eggman
Lloyd (Mother)
Porky
Count Bleck
Black Mage
Geno
Ridley
Ephraim
Hector
Sigurd
Alm
Firebrand (Demon's Crest)
Radd Spencer (Bionic Commando)
Wonder-Red
Sora
Kefka
Akuma
Isaac
Grovyle (based on Mystery Dungeon, uses various items from PMD and uses a Time Gear for FS)
Garbodor
Gallade

Last edited:

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
I'm going to assume that this is a game on a future set of consoles (Or at least Wii U and New 3DS). And assume that its being made now and will come out in 2-3 years since we really can't predict that far in the future

Italicized
means they're unlockable

Veterans:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Rosalina
BJ
Wario
G&W
DK
Diddy
Link
Zelda
T-Link
Sheik
Ganondorf
Samus
ZZS
Pit
Palutena
Marth
Ike
Robin
Kirby
DDD
Meta Knight
Little Mac
Fox
Falco
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Jiggly
Greninja
DHD
ROB

Ness
C. Falcon
Villager
Olimar
WFT
Shulk
Pac Man
Mega Man
Sonic
Ice Climbers
MewTwo
Mii (Mii Hammer User Added) [58 veterans]
NewComers:
Inkling
Cross (Xenoblade X)
Toad
Bandanna Dee
Dixie
Vince (Art Academy)
Rythem Girl
Impa
Paper Mario
Lip
Black Mage
Simon Belmont [12 newcomers]
[58+12 = 70]

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Priority Speedy boarding vets:

:4mario::4link::4pikachu::4dk::4kirby::4samus::4yoshi::4fox::4luigi::4falcon::4ness:
:4bowser::4peach::4zelda::4ganondorf::4marth::mewtwopm::4wario::4olimar::4diddy::4dedede::4villager:
:4gaw::4charizard::4metaknight::4duckhunt::4bowserjr::4myfriends::4robinm::wolf::4lucario::4pit::4littlemac:
:4sonic::4pacman::4megaman::4mii:(37)

Low priority veterans:

:4rob::rosalina::4zss::4palutena::4sheik::4falco::4shulk::squirtle::ivysaur::4wiifit::4tlink:(48 total)

Alts:
:4alph::4ludwig::4lemmy::4morton::4iggy::4wendy::4larry: Daisy for Peach(a true Daisy alt), :4wario2:,:4villagerf:,:4robinf:

Likely omitted:

:4jigglypuff::popo::snake::4wiifit: 4 cuts.

Downgraded to alt:
:lucas::4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina::roypm::pichumelee: Technically in, but only as much as Alph, female Robin and the Koopalings are.

High priority Newcomers:

Captain Toad(Super Mario series): Weight based gimmick set, finally adds a Toad to the roster(aka the most iconic character not in Smash yet). Captain Toad can fill his backpack with things to increase his weight and reduce his speed, or empty it to become fast and light. Hits harder when backpack is full. Toadette alt.

Waluigi(Super Mario series): I have a Mario bias. Deal with it. Biggest video game series in the world so I feel it's valid. Waluigi(along with the Daisy alt) completes the full set of Mario characters. Sort of adds to the villain side of things too.

Dixie Kong(Donkey Kong series): Dixie is one of the best female Nintendo characters. That she was overlooked during the largest female newcomer Smash is frankly shocking. Get her in.

K. Rool (Donkey Kong series): Don't much care for him myself, but I can't argue with fan demand, and there is a depressing lack of villains. Get him in I guess.

Impa(Legend of Zelda series): Hyrule Warriors default. Would combine the Giant Blade and the Naginata with a combination of water and fire attacks.

Vaati(Legend of Zelda series): Vaati is the second most reoccurring villain in Zelda, and a nice representation for the Toon side of things. Uses wind based sorcery.

Meowth(Pokemon series): Switching Meowth and Puff. Puff can be a Pokeball Pokemon that sings people to sleep, and we can have the closest thing to a villain in Pokemon with the scratch cat. Would probably use a combination of Pay Day(or bottle caps), Team Rocket mecha and his claws.

Samurai Goroh(F-Zero series): Another upgraded assist; every iteration of Smash has a swordsman, and I'd probably do it just to coax someone into making more F-Zero games. I mean seriously; come on Nintendo.

Medusa(Kid Icarus series): A moveset that includes dark magic and petrification. Could be a semi clone of Palutena for the sake of speed.

Inkling(Splatoon series): A paint based moveset looks like a lot of fun. Nice new IP with a focus on stage control.

Bandana Dee(Kirby series): Completing the Return to Dreamland crew, Bandana Dee would be a speedy, small, medium ranged fighter with huge shield poking buffs.

Isaac(Golden Sun): Long overdue. Get him in for fan demand from the Smash community.

Ridley(Metroid): See above. Might get the Smash fanbase on my side, since Sakurai's a tough act to follow(61)

Low Priority newcomers:

Dillon(Rolling Western)
A Gen 7 Pokemon
Project Steam character(Would have to see which offers the best options)
Wonder Red
Chibi-Robo
Doshin the Giant(Obligatory shock character. Would give Ridley a run for his money in terms of size)

Total: 67. Ambitious. Probably wouldn't bother with anymore retros since Duck Hunt's the ultimate retro character anyway. 18 newcomers though.

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
Please don't call Wolf a clone. He isn't.He's very different.

Anyway...
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Wario
Dr. Mario
Yoshi
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Black Shadow
Link
Toon Link
Groose
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Charizard
Lucario
Fox
Falco
Kirby
Ice Climbers
Meta Knight
Bandana Dee
King Dedede
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Marth
Ike
Pikmin & Olimar
Alph
Pit
Captain Falcon
Ness
Ninten
Lucas
Game & Watch
R.O.B.
Sonic
Rosalina & Luma
Bowser Jr.
Greninja
Mewtwo
Rundus
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Wolf
Villager
Dixie Kong
Robin
Palutena
Shulk
Little Mac
Isaac
Inkling
Duck Hunt Dog
Wii Fit Trainer
Mii Fighters
Pac-Man
Mega Man
Snake

And finally, Shrek.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So hey, now that I've posted a reasonable roster, just for fun I'm going to do the roster I would do if I had 100% creative control and rights weren't an issue.

All veteran characters, including those cut from Melee and Brawl, plus...

Captain Toad
Waluigi
Simon Belmont
Doomguy
Sir Arthur
Kenshiro
Jotaro Kujo
Adon (Cho Aniki)
Tails
Knuckles
Shadow
Eggman
Lloyd (Mother)
Porky
Count Bleck
Black Mage
Geno
Ridley
Ephraim
Hector
Sigurd
Alm
Firebrand (Demon's Crest)
Radd Spencer (Bionic Commando)
Wonder-Red
Sora
Kefka
Akuma
Isaac
Grovyle (based on Mystery Dungeon, uses various items from PMD and uses a Time Gear for FS)
Garbodor
Gallade
The first thing that came to mind when seeing Adon on your list were the many Adon x Link pairings that would ensue. It's both a pretty funny and rather frightening thought. :laugh:

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Adon could actually be pretty interesting, his up special would allow him to float temporarily and totally change his moveset as a callback to his shmup roots.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
:4bowser::4bowserjr::4falcon::4charizard::4darkpit::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4gaw::4greninja::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucina::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4megaman::4metaknight::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4ness::4olimar::4palutena::4pacman::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::4rob::4robinm::rosalina::4samus::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4villager::4wario::4wiifit::4yoshi::4zelda::4zss::popo::ivysaur::lucas::pt::squirtle::snake::wolf::mewtwopm::roypm::pichumelee::younglinkmelee:

Plusle and Minun
Toon Sheik
Toon Zelda
Dixie Kong
Chorus Kids
Rayman
New FE Lord
New Pokemon

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
I have an itchy typing finger. So much to say, so little reason others would care what I have to say...

To keep things short and sweet, I think the roster is overall great. The only characters that I think it's sorely missing are Dixie Kong (pretty much the last A-List Nintendo character that still isn't in Smash), some kind of Zelda newcomer such as Midna or Ghirahim, and Lucas. If Sakurai and his team were to add Lucas and Dixie in as DLC I would happily buy them and thus be completely content with the roster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom