• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you were in charge of roster picking for an upcoming Smash!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Veterans:
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Princess Peach
  • Bowser
  • Yoshi
  • Wario
  • Game & Watch
  • Donkey Kong
  • Diddy Kong
  • Link
  • Zelda
  • Sheik
  • Ganondorf
  • Young Link
  • Samus
  • Zero Suit Samus
  • Pit
  • Marth
  • Ike
  • Kirby
  • King Dedede
  • Meta Knight
  • Fox
  • Falco
  • Pikachu
  • Lucario (Maybe)
  • Jigglypuff
  • Charizard
  • ROB
  • Ness
  • Captain Falcon
  • Pikmin and Olimar
  • Sonic
  • Rosalina and Luma
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Palutena
  • Robin
  • Little Mac
  • Greninja (Maybe)
  • Duck Hunt Dog
  • Villager
  • Wii Fit Trainer
  • Shulk
  • Mega Man
  • Pac-Man
  • Mii Fighters
  • Ice Climbers
  • Mewtwo
Newcomers:
  • Bandana Dee
  • Ridley
  • Dixie Kong
  • King K Rool
  • Chorus Kids
  • Impa
  • Toad (clone)
  • Inkling
  • (Maybe) New Gen Pokemon (As in, a Pokemon from a Gen after Gen 6)
  • (Maybe) Pokemon Trainer (Would be different than he was in Brawl)
  • (Maybe) Zinnia

Last edited:

Chase

Smash Ace
Okay, here I go.
:4mario::4luigi:*:4peach::4bowser::rosalina::4bowserjr:*:4dk::4diddy::4yoshi::4wario2::4link::4zelda:/:4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink:*:4samus:/:4zss::4pit::4palutena:*:4pikachu::4jigglypuff:*:mewtwopm:*:4charizard::4lucario::4greninja::4marth::4myfriends:*:4robinm:*:4fox::4falco:*:wolf:*:4kirby::4metaknight:*:4dedede::4ness::lucas:*:4falcon::4gaw:*:popo::4rob:*:4duckhunt:*:4villager::4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk::4sonic::4megaman::4pacman::4miibrawl:/:4miisword:/:4miigun:

:pichumelee::roymelee::younglinkmelee::4drmario::squirtle::ivysaur::snake::4darkpit::4lucina:

• Captain Toad (Mario) - Toad deserves a spot in Smash, and his Captain form is the best way to provide that. Besides, weight-changing gimmick.
  • Paper Mario (Paper Mario)* - Paper Mario is one of my most wanted, and I would be overjoyed if he entered the fray. His potential is off the wall, and is way better than Dr. Mario in every way.
  • King K. Rool (Donkey Kong) - King K. Rool, like Paper Mario, has potential off the wall. Also the main villain of Donkey Kong, which needs more reps.
  • Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)* - Donkey Kong needs more, and Dixie and K. Rool are the best way to do it. Could be the last minute clone or an original newcomer.
  • Captain Syrup (Wario)* - Pipe dreamin' it up. Captain Syrup is Wario's archnemesis, and could have a very unique glass cannon moveset with powerful projectiles.
  • Impa (The Legend of Zelda) - A Hyrule Warriors rep, and someone with a lot of potential with her newest moveset, using the sword.
  • Some other Zelda rep (The Legend of Zelda)* - The new Zelda game is coming out, and I want some type of representation for it, but we don't know a lot about it. So a character from that.
  • Ridley (Metroid) - He's not too big. Should have been in Smash 4, so I'll be glad when he's in Project M. Insta-choice for me.
  • Some 7th/8th Gen Rep (Pokémon) - Continuing the Greninja tradition. Preferably a grass starter.
  • FE15 Character (Fire Emblem) - Continuing the Robin tradition. Preferably a woman.
  • Slippy Toad (Star Fox)* - Star Fox U. Krystal likely kicked the bucket. Next natural progression.
  • Bandana Dee (Kirby)* - New Kirby rep. Unique weapon, possible weapon swap gimmick (spear to parasol). Only natural progression.
  • Samurai Goroh (F-Zero)* - Better than Black Shadow. Just dump Falcondorf, and add a new F-Zero with an entirely unique moveset. Samurai Goroh could use his katana and his strength for devestating combos.
  • Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle) - Seems to be having a resurgence lately. Could use various weapons.
  • Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven) - More iconic than Marshal is, as well as easier to design a moveset for. Rhythm-based fighter.
  • Inkling (Splatoon) - Everyone's expecting it. It's only a matter of time.
  • Captain Fleming (S.T.E.A.M.) - Would be pretty cool. Could have a steam gimmick, causing him to need to rest in between intense attacks.
  • Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) - Seeing how Nintendo has acknowledged it's existence, looking forward to Shovel Knight getting the indie rep spot.
Total characters: 70
Possible cuts (if time constraints come into play): Paper Mario, New Zelda rep, Captain Fleming, Slippy

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Everyone returns from Smash 4 except for - :4darkpit::4lucina:. :4drmario: would return if they had enough development time. Ice Climbers, Wolf and Lucas would return. Newcomers would be -

Toad - Popular character and requested.

Paper Mario - Not a clone of Mario. He would use his hammer, partners, temporarily transformations and stickers.

K. Rool - His popularity is massive now, and is on the rise. Super unique.

Dixie Kong - Rounding off the DKC series is Dixie. She could go the semi-clone route or have a unique moveset.

Impa - Zelda is Nintendo's third biggest series, yet it has the Triforce trio, Sheik and another Link.

Ridley - Popular and the main antagonist of Metroid.

Takamaru - Retro rep that was introduced to world due to his Virtual Console release and assist trophy role.

New IP Character (Inkling most likely, perhaps a S.T.E.A.M character) - If one of Nintendo's new IPs become super popular, I can easily see it having a character.

Isaac - Golden Sun is still popular and it is perplexing that Isaac was cut from an assist trophy, but yet another Golden Sun song was added.

Louie - This one is more unrealistic than the others. Pikmin has one character now, Olimar. However, Kid Icarus and Mother have had at least 2 throughout Smash history. Kid Icarus and Mother have similar sales to Pikmin. Alph is a decent choice, but he has been featured in less games.

10 total newcomers. I don't believe the next Smash will have too many as resources are limited and quite frankly, Smash 4 added some of the most popular, with a few exceptions.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Since I can't predict new games and characters any more than I can predict the weather, I'll just go into this with the mindset of "what would I add to the current roster to make it perfect to me?" I'll divide this into your suggested demarcations; characters are arranged by series or general category (e.g. Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, retro etc. etc.)

Fun game, though - it's speculation time, you guys~!

VETERANS

Mario / Luigi / Peach / Bowser / Rosalina & Luma / Bowser Jr / Dr Mario
Yoshi
Wario
Donkey Kong / Diddy Kong
Link / Zelda / Sheik / Ganondorf / Toon Link
Pikachu / Charizard / Lucario / Greninja / Jigglypuff / Mewtwo
Kirby / King Dedede / Meta Knight
Samus / Zero Suit Samus
Pit / Palutena / Dark Pit
Marth / Ike / Robin / Lucina
Fox / Falco
Ness
Captain Falcon
Olimar
Villager
Little Mac
Shulk
Wii Fit Trainer
Mr Game & Watch / R.O.B. / Duck Hunt
Sonic / Mega Man / Pac Man
Mii

RETURNING VETERANS

Wolf
Lucas
Ice Climbers
Snake

NEWCOMERS

Dixie Kong / K. Rool
Impa
Bandana Dee
Ridley
Chrom
Porky
Metal Face
Chorus Kids
Professor Layton
Isaac
Mallo
Wonder Red
Inkling

ALTERNATE COSTUMES

Daisy (Peach)
Larry / Morton / Wendy / Iggy / Lemmy / Roy / Ludwig (Bowser Jr)
Birdo (Yoshi)
Ninten (Ness)
Blood Falcon (Captain Falcon)
Alph (Olimar)
Isabelle / Tom Nook (Villager)
Matthew (Isaac)
Vorkken (Wonder Red)

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
Smash 64: :4mario::4yoshi::4dk::4luigi::4kirby::4link::4ness::4samus::4falcon::4pikachu::4fox: (Hahaha, no Jiggly!)
Melee::4peach::4bowser::4zelda::4ganondorf::4falco::popo::mewtwopm::4marth::4gaw::4drmario:
Brawl::4tlink::4wario::4sonic::4metaknight::4dedede::4diddy::4charizard::4lucario::4olimar::4rob::4pit:
Smash 4::4littlemac::4bowserjr::4iggy::4greninja::4palutena::4pacman::4duckhunt::rosalina::4robinm::4villager::4wiifit::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4megaman::4shulk:
Removed: Jiggleypuff, Roy, Sheik, Pichu, Young Link, Wolf, Lucas, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake, Dark Pit and Lucina.
Up to 46 characters now. For the record Mii Fighters = One character and I will change it so that that Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings are different characters. Bowser Jr. will fight on the ground, and the Koopalings will fight in the Clown Car. :D

Smash 5:
Captain Toad (Mario)
Waluigi (Wario)
Kamek (Yoshi)
Tingle (Legend of Zelda)
Ganon (Legend of Zelda)
Krystal (Star Fox)
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
Dixe Kong (Donkey Kong)
Bandanna Waddle Dee (Kirby)
Dark Samus (Metroid)
Groyvle (Pokemon)
Issac (Golden Sun)
Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven)
Andy (Nintendo Wars)
Anna (Fire Emblem)
Professor Layton (Professor Layton)
Saavy Stylist (Style Saavy)
Lip (Panel De Pon)
Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasume Castle)
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
Sheriff (Sheriff)
Ryu (Street Fighter)
Spyro (Spyro the Dragon)
Simon Belmont (Castlevania)

Last edited:

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
As far as veterans go, I would mostly just inherent Smash 4's roster, with a one or two changes. Wolf makes a comeback, but Lucina and Dark Pit are cut, as they were just added as fluff. Dr. Mario may or may not stay in, only because of his being in Melee and having multiple games in his series. Lucas is iffy, depends on a number of factors.

As for newcomers, I'm just going to go with who I would want rather than who would realistically be a good choice, as that really depends on what games are released in the near future.
  • Captain Toad (Super Mario)
  • Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
  • Impa (The Legend of Zelda)
  • Ridley (Metroid) (to stay true to character, I would experiment with just how big Ridley could be and still be acceptable)
  • Excitebiker (Excitebike)
  • Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo)
  • Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven)
  • Andy (Advance Wars)
  • Isaac (Golden Sun)
  • Inkling (Splatoon)
  • Henry (Codename S.T.E.A.M.)
  • New Character (Xenoblade)
  • New Character (Fire Emblem)
  • New Character (Pokemon) (preferably the newest grass starter)
  • Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight)
  • Captain Charlie (Pikmin)

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Well then, here I go:

STARTER VETERANS:
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser: , :4dk::4diddy: , :4link::4zelda::4ganondorf:(revamped moveset) , :4samus: , :4yoshi: , :4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight: , :4fox: , :4pikachu::4lucario::4greninja: , :4ness: , :4falcon: , :4marth:(:4lucina:):4robinf:(:4robinm:) , :4pit:(:4darkpit:):4palutena: , :4wario: , :4olimar:(:4alph:) , :4villager:(:4villagerf:) , :4littlemac: , :4shulk: , :4duckhunt: , :4sonic: , :4megaman: , :4pacman: =33
SECRET VETERANS:
:rosalina::4bowserjr: , :4tlink::4sheik: , :4zss: , :4falco::wolf: , :4jigglypuff::4charizard::mewtwopm: , :lucas: ,:4myfriends: , :popo: , :4gaw: , :4rob: , :4wiifit: (:4wiifitm:) =16
Almost all of the veterans from Smash 4 will be back, though Lucina and Pittoo will be alts of their originals, like they were originally intended to be. Wolf, Lucas, and ICs will come back from Brawl as well, with Wolf getting a new FS and Lucas getting one or two new specials(his FS can stay the same, as Ness's new one is pretty different from Brawl) Like stated above, Ganondorf will have a new moveset with him holding two swords like in WW and HW. He will only hold one sword at neutral, and then pull out his second one with certain attacks(So he can hold items and stuff alongside his two blades) All of the other veterans remain unchanged.(Dr. Mario has been removed as he would only fit here as an alt, but I've heard a number of people say that the Doc's importance lies in his Doctor Tornado, so he was held off)

As for newcomers...
Issac:Golden Sun is a popular franchise - I'd even argue that it's probably the last A-class Nintendo title that dosen't have a rep in Smash(excluding the likes of Brain Age and Art Academy), so while there may have been other franchises to rep this time, it's pretty much a shoo-in for the next game. Judging by how FE and Xeno went, the first protagonist is the best rep there is.

Ray:Custom Robo is a Nintendo exclusive franchise that had five games during its course of 1999-2007. Unfortunately there hasn't been a game for the last seven years, it was a pretty popular franchise in Japan for quite some time, and there is a lot of potential in moveset exploration. Oh, and a need for bad*** looking robots. Mega Man's pretty cool, but the original is more along the side of...cute.

Inkling:The no-brainer. There's no doubt that Splatoon is going to be the next big title for Nintendo platforms, and it would also fill the spot of the next-gen franchise rather perfectly. Oh yeah, female!

Ridley:If there's any time Metroid needs a new character, it's this. Metroid is a pretty popular franchise for sure, and while it may not have a big enough cast for more than four, we can at least have three. And I'm sure Ridley's the only viable choice here. Size dosen't matter, to me at least - Smash has never had the focus on staying true to canon. Rather...(looks at Ganon and Duck Hunt)quite the opposite can happen. And there isn't any other space dragons I know, so he really won't be taking anyone's spot.

Krystal:Star Fox is getting a new game next year(finally!) and I think that with a franchise so well known and longliving, it can have a new character, one that isn't a clone(Not that I think Wolf is a clone of Fox, he isn't, but he is at least based on him) and a character that uses a staff could be pretty interesting, and would a bring a different face of Star Fox into Smash.

New Pokemon rep / New Fire Emblem rep: I'm on the iffy side about these two. A new Pokemon rep is happening for sure, but I don't know if the Greninja route should be taken once again, or wait for fanpolls to arrive, and release it for DLC alongside the third edition. If there's a new FE game that isn't a sequel to Awakening or the Radiant series, and there's a prominant character that could be interesting, it could happen, but if such things don't happen, I would move Ike from secret to starter and stick Roy as a clone in secret.

Terra:Sega, Capcom, and Namco. Who's next? Personally, I think it's Square Enix. After all, Final Fantasy is one of the few franchises that managed to stay popular for over twenty years, and it's the most well known RPG too. And while a lot of popular FF titles are on other consoles, at least Square Enix releases remakes and spin-offs every now and then, unlike Konami. When I wondered who I'd pick I decided to stick with the most popular Nintendo FF, which would be FFVI. (I considered Mog for a while, but Terra has more access to a number of stuff anyway.) Let's have Giant of Babil(FF4) for a stage, Gilgamesh(FFV) for an assist,a number of songs from the 8-bit games, and we're good to go.

8 reps

Paper Mario:Maybe it's a bit too quick, since Mario just got 2 newcomers last game, but Pokemon's getting seven reps with this roster, and Mario could have seven, you know? And when I wondered who I should choose, my thoughts focused on Paper Mario. Despite being 100% Mario in appearence, Paper Mario manages to have a vast ocean in moveset material, and is also probably the most popular Mario spinoff(excluding Mario Kart) that I know of.

Vaati:Zelda hasn't had a newcomer since Melee. That's two games away! Well this roster does declone Ganon, but I didn't think it was enough. So who should be the newcomer? Most people I know think of Impa or Vaati, and I chose to stick to the latter. I just think Vaati is more appealing, both moveset wise and visually wize. While Impa is a cool character on her own, I can't help but think she'd be pretty darn close to Sheik, a semi-clone at best. Besides, Vaati would give more representation to both the cartoony half of Zelda, and Zelda villians.

Waddle Dee(Bandana):Kirby can have a fourth rep. If FE can have four, than so can Kirby. Naturally, most people tend to look to Dee, so I did the same. ...We don't have a spear user in Smash yet, do we? Then we have our answer. (Personally, I like Dark Matter more...but Dee is more important to the franchise right now, so he can wait)

King K. Rool:DK needs a third rep. Not "can have", "needs". The only question is which to choose from:Dixie, or K.Rool. Well, although Dixie is more recent to the franchise right now, I can't help but feel that we would have our "three blue-haired swordsman" issue again. Unlike Chrom though, Dixie is actually important to the franchise itself and not just one game, so she would probably come eventually - but probably as a Lucas-clone of Diddy. With K.Rool, we could have a more fresh feeling to DK representation. And K.Rool is probably more important to DK than Dixie anyway, he's the main villian for a majority of the DK games.

Marshal:Anyone remember the Chorus Kids? You know, the one oddball from the infamous Gematsu leak? While that things been burnt to ashes, I managed to obtain a personal liking for a Rhythm Heaven rep in Smash Bros. Thing is, Chorus Kid's aren't exactly RH icons. They're only one minigame in a game full of lots of them, with the two other games not having them in. Marshal, however, could possibly become one. He's the most important character in Rhythm Heaven Fever(not that there's lots of them) and would be the best rep with an unique look too. He would pull out moves from othe minigames in RH, similiar to G&W and Pac-Man.

Lip:Dr. Mario actually dosen't rep Mario in Smash, he actually represents the puzzle game genre, perhaps one of the most oldest game genres to exist. Does it make you a little sad that such a grand genre is represented by a clone? If that's the case, here's Lip, Nintendo's very own puzzle game protagonist. Being female, unique appearence(Oh my gawd its a loli:troll:), Lip does have a possibility to be in Smash by being a character of similiar fashion to Duck Hunt, in that they don't only use moves from their own game, but related games as well. In Lip's case, Tetris and Yoshi's Cookie, Wario's Woods and Dr. Mario would be some good choices to pull out moves from.

Hikari&Donbei:Definately my hardest pick. Ever since Melee, Smash has had a "retro" character that was tied close to Nintendo roots, Game&Watch,R.O.B., Duck Hunt...I did some personal research on my own, and I decided to settle on Hikari&Donbei. Their game, Shin Onigashima, is Nintendo's first adventure game ever made...and is also a game by the man Shigeru Miyamoto too. The hardware that they originate from, the Famicon Disk System add-on, is an add-on that by no means can be overlooked. The first sequel to Super Mario, The first Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus, and Castlevania was born on the Disk System. Also the Disk System was able rewrite game disks, something no other console has yet to achieve(though Satellaview came pretty close). Though it was never released outside of Japan, the Disk System is an important piece of Nintendo history that should be repped. And I decided that the best way to rep it would be to use characters from the oldest Nintendo adventure game. And the game itself is pretty popular anyway. Oh, and one more thing: repping ancient Japan, without using Ninjas or Samurais!!!

(7 reps)

Also...
Viridi clone of Palutena
Felix clone of Issac
Rahu clone of Ray
Black Shadow:old Falcondorf moveset

Clones...will happen. No denying that. Clones are just too efiicient, using another characters data while providing something somewhat new. I like using clones, so that might be another factor helping this decision, but anyway. If I was to choose clones, I would go along the lines of "God I know he/she dosen't have much of a chance but it would so friggin sweet to have" characters for clone decisions, like with Lucina and Dark Pit for Sm4sh. In which case, I chose Viridi for overall popularity and female representation, Felix and Rahu to give more light to new franchises, and Black Shadow to take over the Falcondorf moveset, which is actually pretty good:the only reason it got any hate was because it was Ganon's moveset.

4 clones

49 veterans + 15 newcomers + 4 Melee-esque clones = 68 characters

hehe...found it to be bigger than I expected. But I do think it's a possible amount if you focus on making one version instead of two like with Sm4sh.

...Phew, that was a mouthful.

But I have a lot of confidence with this roster, so I hope it's going to be interesting. Especially the retro newcomer, I think I chose a good one:)

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
VETERANS
Mario
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Wario (with Wario Land/Wario World inspired moveset and appearance)
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Zelda
Samus
Pit
Palutena
Marth
Ike
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Little Mac
Fox
Falco (with changes made to make him as little of a Fox clone as possible)
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Ness
Captain Falcon
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Ice Climbers

UNLOCKABLE VETERANS
Luigi
Bowser Jr.
Mr. Game & Watch
Ganondorf (FINALLY no longer a Captain Falcon clone)
Toon Link (moveset has more emphasis on the "toon" branch of Zelda games to help reduce his clone status)
Robin
Wolf
Jigglypuff
Greninja
Mewtwo
Duck Hunt
R.O.B
Olimar
Shulk

NEWCOMERS
Ashley (a way to still have representation for the WarioWare games after the overhaul done to Wario)
Dixie Kong (would be made as different from Diddy Kong as possible)
Impa (her Skyward Sword design unless she get's an updated one in a future Zelda game)
Inkling (Splatoon is a new IP that will likely become a mainstay Nintendo franchise)
Takamaru (fills the "retro character" role that Ice Climbers, Pit, and Duck Hunt filled in their respective Smash debuts)
Isaac (from Golden Sun)

UNLOCKABLE NEWCOMERS
Captain Toad (becoming very popular recently)
Vaati (second most reoccurring Zelda villain after Ganondorf and adds a villain for the "toon" Zelda game branch)
K. Rool (most iconic and reoccurring villain for the Donkey Kong games)
Dark Samus (unique Phazon powers plus a villain rep for the Prime branch of the Metroid games)
Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)
Captain Fleming (Codename S.T.E.A.M is also a new IP like Splatoon is, possibly another mainstay as well)
Monita (fills the "random/silly" character role similar to Jigglypuff, Game & Watch, R.O.B, and Wii Fit Trainer)

3rd PARTY CHARACTERS (limit of 5)
Sonic (also an unlockable veteran)
Mega Man (also an unlockable veteran)
Pac-Man (also an unlockable veteran)
Snake (also an unlockable veteran)
Banjo & Kazooie (also an unlockable newcomer)

CUT CHARACTERS
Rosalina (too much Rosalina pandering lately, plus Captain Toad can rep the Galaxy/3D World branch of Mario games)
Sheik (only appeared in one Zelda game over a decade ago, plus Impa is an actual Sheikah)
Zero Suit Samus (just Samus without her power suit, get out of here with that lol)
Dr. Mario (clone)
Dark Pit (clone)
Lucina (clone)
Mii Fighter (blegh)

Total characters=60

Almost forgot to add Mii Fighter to the cut characters list.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Hmmm... If I were in charge of making a Smash roster... Well, I'm sick and bored and have time on my hands, I'll have some fun with this.

I'm going to be realisitic, as this is a fairly big responsibility, important game to Nintendo that millions of people buy, you have to take time constraints, gaining rights to characters, character popularity (What it ACTUALLY is, not what Smashboards thinks it is) etc.

This is a future Smash game, not this one.

Guaranteed to return:
:4mario::4luigi::4bowser::4peach::4yoshi::4link::4zelda::4ganondorf:(Unique moveset):4pikachu::4charizard::mewtwopm::4fox::4samus::4kirby::4dk::4diddy::4ness::4falcon::4marth::4pit::4villager::4wiifit::4mii::4sonic::4megaman::4pacman:
(26)

Reasoning:
Aside from obvious picks, these characters either represent their own franchise, are extremely popular, or extremely iconic to the point that cutting them would be a huge mistake.
*Why Charizard, Mewtwo, but no Jigglypuff?: Generation 1 is the most popular Gen by far, and Charizard and Mewtwo are the most popular of those Pokemon, and are still important to the series today. Jigglypuff is not.
*Why Miis! Extremely popular to the casual audience, which is what the game's biggest audience is.
*Why no (Insert character here)?! I tried to go bare minimum with characters I would guarantee returning.

Guaranteed to add:
(Captain) Toad
K. Rool
New Pokemon
Chorus Kids
Rayman
(5)

Reasoning:
Captain Toad: Toads are an iconic part of the Mario series, they've been in the game just as long as Peach and Bowser have. Captain Toad gives an excuse to separate them from Peach into their own character.
K. Rool: Popular franchise needs another character, and K. Rool is the more popular of the two.
New Pokemon: Obvious
Chorus Kids: Rapidly growing franchise that deserves a character
Rayman: 3rd Party characters have a huge appeal for an extremely wide audience, and I feel Rayman would be next in line to be added.

High Priority to Return:
:4bowserjr::rosalina::4lucario::4dedede::4metaknight::4tlink::4wario2::4duckhunt::4littlemac::snake::wolf::4olimar:
(12)

Reasoning:
Most are unique characters from popular franchises that aren't quite important enough to cause armageddon if cut, but pretty darn close.
Star Fox is getting revived, so I would make sure to return at least one Star Fox character, and I prioritize Wolf.
Snake is popular and my friend Kojima still wants him.
Little Mac and DHD are the most iconic and popular retro characters on the roster currently
I agree with Sakurai when he said that it's important to represent the younger version of Link.

High Priority to Return/Replace:
:4robinm::4shulk::4sheik:
(3)

Reasoning:
Robin represents a huge part of Fire Emblem, the magic, the custom character, but could easily be replaced by a similar character in a future Fire Emblem game.
I'd get a rep from the Xenoblade series in, although I would prioritize a new character over Shulk (But would like both!)
I'd replace Sheik with Impa, same moveset, in a heartbeat.

High Priority to Add:
Vaati
Dixie Kong
Ridley
Isaac
Inkling
New joke character
(6)

Reasoning:
Vaati: Zelda needs a newcomer, and the Toon portion of the Zelda franchise could use more representation
Dixie Kong: DK is a popular franchise, to the point that I think it deserves two newcomers
Ridley: Metroid needs a new character that isn't Samus, Ridley is the obvious, logical pick. I'd prioritize adding Ridley over ZSS returning.
Isaac: Hopefully has a new game by then, popular pick
Inkling: New IP to represent
Joke Character: I love the joke characters, just don't know who I'd add

Mid Priority to Return:
:4jigglypuff::4greninja::4falco::4gaw::4rob::popo:
(6)

Reasoning:
Pokemon are popular, but these two aren't as popular as those previously mentioned.
Star Fox is being revived, so Falco's back.
The retros mean something historically to Nintendo.
Ice Climbers are too unique to ignore at this point, I still don't think they should have been cut.

Mid Priority to Return/Replace:
:4myfriends::lucas:
(2)

Reasoning:
Ike is in the same boat as Robin, I'd still want a 3rd FE rep but Ike could easily be replaced.
Hopefully something happens with Earthbound, either a new game or localization, i'd put another Mother character in, might not be Lucas.

Mid Priority to Add:
Dark Samus
Krystal
Bandanna Dee
Dillon
Wonder Red
Takamaru
New IP Character
(7)

Reasoning:
Dark Samus: Metroid's starved of characters
Krystal: Star Fox Reboot!
Bandanna Dee: Kirby's a pretty popular franchise
Dillon: Has potential to grow
Wonder Red: A 2nd game is being considered.
Takamaru: New Retro, hopefully rebooted.
New IP character: Obvious

Low Priority to Return:
:4palutena::lucas::4shulk:
(3)

Reasoning:
If it takes as long as it did to get another KI sequel I wouldn't prioritize Palutenas return
If I cut Lucas before I'd add him back in here. Same with Shulk

Cuts:
:4zss::4darkpit::4drmario::4lucina::4myfriends:

Reasoning:
I'm fine with clones but I was out of room, and these were the least important. Ike is here if he was replaced. As for ZSS, she is the only duplicate character that I couldn't find a good replacement for, and as such she became victim to time constraints.

If I had time, like Sakurai, I'd split off the clones into their own slots, as well as Alph, Daisy, and maybe throw in Toon Zelda. I'd throw in Black Shadow to take on Ganondorfs moveset.

So in total, this is what the roster would look like:

Smash symbols represent 2nd Xeno rep, Joke character, and new character respectively
EDIT: Tom Nook somehow replaced the Ice Climbers, I have no idea how that happened, not supposed to be like that :p
EDITEDIT: Why is Ashley on here you ask? I have no clue. I wasn't lying when I said I was sick when I made this :p

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The current roster (with Mewtwo) +

Lucas (Would probably be lowest priority though, since the creator of the series said he wasn't interested in reviving Mother)
Wolf (Don't care for him at all but this is where the public would sway my hand, I'd rather Krystal)
Ice Climbers
Ridley
King K Rool
Isaac
Inkling
Marshall
Excitebiker (Retro pick)
Dependent on the series future: Wonder Red, Dillon, Mallo, Chibi Robo, Andy/Sami, Ray, Henry Fleming. (Pick one)
3rd party pick (Rayman, Bayonetta, Simon Belmont, Shovel Knight) (Pick one)

Total: 61 roster slots (assuming no cuts) (63 if counting Miis separately)

I tried to be realistic and faithful to who I think is worthy vs. who I really want. If I had my way a heap of those "Pick one" characters would be on the roster.....but it wouldn't be that simple in reality.

I picked eleven. Three veterans and eight newcomers. I'm probably being slightly pessimistic but there's only so far the roster can be pushed.

I'd probably cut Dark Pit and Dr. Mario if I had to make cuts. Heck even if I didn't have to make cuts I'd probably cut Dark Pit (or make him a Pit alt) just because I don't find him to be a worthy addition. If I had to cut unique characters (and I'd REALLY hate having to do that) Wii Fit Trainer, Ike and Zero Suit Samus would be first in the firing line.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I've thought about this a lot lately. Here's my recent thoughts real quick:

K Rool- Dual weild cutlassescutlasses

Dixie- not a clone. Hair based move setset

A Metroid rep... Not necessarily Ridley but unsure who else

Bring back Roy, Ice Climbers, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Lucas, Wolf, Snake.

Ganondorf gets new move set. Old one goes to Black Shadow

Peeta

Smash Cadet
All right, so in Smash 5 (which I'm tentatively calling Super Smash Bros. Turf War), here's your default roster (characters that are treated as their own characters but are palette swaps of a different character (read:Koopalings) are in italicized parentheses):

(Dr.) Mario
Luigi
Peach (Daisy) - (given a new neutral B because Toad is playable and Toads really aren't Daisy's thing)
Yoshi
Wario
DK
Bowser

Link
Zelda/Sheik (Transformation has been restored)
Impa (newcomer!)
Toon Link
Ness
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong (newcomer!)

(Dark) Pit
Palutena
Fox
Falco
Kirby
Meta Knight
Dedede

Samus
ZSS (note that their transformation is not restored)
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Jigglypuff
Greninja

Sonic
Pac Man
Duck Hunt
Captain Falcon
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer (Female/Male)
Olimar (Alph)

Marth (Lucina)
Ike
Robin (Male/Female)
Miis

And then a small number of unlockables:

Rosalina
Toad (newcomer!)
Rosalina
Shulk
Ganondorf
Krystal (newcomer!)
Ridley (newcomer!)
King K. Rool (newcomer!)
Character from Brand New Game (newcomer!)
Other Character from Same Brand New Game (newcomer!)

Here's the thing: Nintendo needs new ideas. I want to see a brand new game come in and hang with the 'tired, old' franchises, like Marth was in Melee and now Shulk is in Sm4sh. So I allotted two spaces for that sort of character.

Reasons for cuts:
Bowser Jr. - Seemed unnecessary for Sm4sh. Toad would have been a better Mario newcomer
Little Mac, Mega Man - Could be spun as a fun little gimmick they did in Sm4sh, like with Snake

I think that was everyone...

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
All right, so in Smash 5 (which I'm tentatively calling Super Smash Bros. Turf War), here's your default roster (characters that are treated as their own characters but are palette swaps of a different character (read:Koopalings) are in italicized parentheses):

(Dr.) Mario
Luigi
Peach (Daisy) - (given a new neutral B because Toad is playable and Toads really aren't Daisy's thing)
Yoshi
Wario
DK
Bowser

Link
Zelda/Sheik (Transformation has been restored)
Impa (newcomer!)
Toon Link
Ness
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong (newcomer!)

(Dark) Pit
Palutena
Fox
Falco
Kirby
Meta Knight
Dedede

Samus
ZSS (note that their transformation is not restored)
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Jigglypuff
Greninja

Sonic
Pac Man
Duck Hunt
Captain Falcon
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer (Female/Male)
Olimar (Alph)

Marth (Lucina)
Ike
Robin (Male/Female)
Miis

And then a small number of unlockables:

Rosalina
Toad (newcomer!)
Rosalina
Shulk
Ganondorf
Krystal (newcomer!)
Ridley (newcomer!)
King K. Rool (newcomer!)
Character from Brand New Game (newcomer!)
Other Character from Same Brand New Game (newcomer!)

Here's the thing: Nintendo needs new ideas. I want to see a brand new game come in and hang with the 'tired, old' franchises, like Marth was in Melee and now Shulk is in Sm4sh. So I allotted two spaces for that sort of character.

Reasons for cuts:
Bowser Jr. - Seemed unnecessary for Sm4sh. Toad would have been a better Mario newcomer
Little Mac, Mega Man - Could be spun as a fun little gimmick they did in Sm4sh, like with Snake

I think that was everyone...
Your cuts don't make sense to me. Jr was one of the most original characters in the entire series and pretty much surprised everyone who didn't want him in. Little Mac is still a cool retro rep as well. And Mega Man? So long as Capcom isn't gonna be a jerk about it, no frigging way Mega Man gets cut. Alternatively I can easily see Pac Man being cut between games... Hmmm

Peeta

Smash Cadet
Yeah, all of that makes sense. I don't know much at all about Mega Man or Little Mac's respective series, nor do I know them in Smash. Bowser Jr. I have not seen in game yet (mostly because I still have yet to play smash 4), so this was all based on who in theory I like and would want to be there.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Honestly this is pretty tricky, since beyond the three clones there's a lot of characters that should still be in 5mash.

Speaking of the three clones (Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, and Lucina), I would imagine them being demoted to alt. costumes for their original counterparts, especially Lucina since she doesn't have much beyond an equal damage sword.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Every character returns bar Squirtle, Ivysaur, Pichu and young Link.
So that's 55 characters.
- Dark Pit would get different weapon types from Uprising like the Viridi Claws and Palm (he is a member of the FoN for now)
- Ganondorf would actually be Ganondorf
- Lucina get's Aether, Aegis and Galeforce skills as well as the use of lances alongside her Parallel Falchion.
- Dr Mario gets some Viruses to help him
- Toon Link uses Skull Hammer and Deku leaf.

Now for the newcomers.

1. Ridley - Long overdue character.
2. Metal Face - EXTREME XENOBLADE SPOILERS!
Mumkhar is playable and Metal Face is a Final Smash. He's the main antagonist for the largest portion of the game (as opposed to the other two who only get about a quarter each). why hello there Wolverine from UMvC3
3. Seven - Again Extreme Xenoblade spoilers!
Seven is the main catalyst for as to why Shulk and Reyn go on their journey. To avenge her death. Then they find out she's alive, inside of Face nemesis and has a God inside of her, Lady Meyneth. Two swords are better than one, especially with some drones
4. K Rool - also long overdue
5. Isaac - overdue
6. Black Shadow - Why hello there new owner of the captain falcon clone set. but with some differences such as using his horns to headbutt enemies.
7. Sceptile - we have a Fire type and a Water type starter. So why not complete the trinity? Also Gen 3 representation.
8. Wonder Red - Wonderful 101 deserves more attention. Smash is the best way. Look at what it did to FE and look at all the attention Xenoblade's getting now. Can make use of the other unite morphs and the Virgin Victory for the final smash (or his unlimited form).
9. Porky - Main antagonist of Mother 3 and also appeared in Earthbound as a traitorous swine. Spider Mech is the Final Smash and then he can use some gadgets to help him out.
10. One of the FE Manakete - A female character that uses dragons. Also an FE rep without a sword. Double the bonus.

That'll do for now.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
- Lucina get's Aether, Aegis and Galeforce skills as well as the use of lances alongside her Parallel Falchion.

10. One of the FE Manakete - A female character that uses dragons. Also an FE rep without a sword. Double the bonus.
Nyeh, I don't get how Lucina's RPG skills would translate into Smash. Also, Manaketes don't use dragons, THEY ARE dragons. How would that work? And there a lot of Manaketes to choose from. Roy is 1/4 Manakete. It's true.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Every character returns bar Squirtle, Ivysaur, Pichu and young Link.
So that's 55 characters.
- Dark Pit would get different weapon types from Uprising like the Viridi Claws and Palm (he is a member of the FoN for now)
- Ganondorf would actually be Ganondorf
- Dr Mario gets some Viruses to help him
- Toon Link uses Skull Hammer and Deku leaf.

Now for the newcomers.

1. Ridley - Long overdue character.
2. Metal Face - EXTREME XENOBLADE SPOILERS!
Mumkhar is playable and Metal Face is a Final Smash. He's the main antagonist for the largest portion of the game (as opposed to the other two who only get about a quarter each). why hello there Wolverine from UMvC3
3. Seven - Again Extreme Xenoblade spoilers!
Seven is the main catalyst for as to why Shulk and Reyn go on their journey. To avenge her death. Then they find out she's alive, inside of Face nemesis and has a God inside of her, Lady Meyneth. Two swords are better than one, especially with some drones
4. K Rool - also long overdue
5. Isaac - overdue
6. Black Shadow - Why hello there new owner of the captain falcon clone set. but with some differences such as using his horns to headbutt enemies.
7. Sceptile - we have a Fire type and a Water type starter. So why not complete the trinity? Also Gen 3 representation.
8. Wonder Red - Wonderful 101 deserves more attention. Smash is the best way. Look at what it did to FE and look at all the attention Xenoblade's getting now. Can make use of the other unite morphs and the Virgin Victory for the final smash (or his unlimited form).
9. Porky - Main antagonist of Mother 3 and also appeared in Earthbound as a traitorous swine. Spider Mech is the Final Smash and then he can use some gadgets to help him out.

That'll do for now.
10 / 10 for Metal Face, 20 / 10 for Wonder Red~ <3

Nyeh, I don't get how Lucina's RPG skills would translate into Smash. Also, Manaketes don't use dragons, THEY ARE dragons. How would that work? And there a lot of Manaketes to choose from. Roy is 1/4 Manakete. It's true.
Well, as the owner of the new Tiki thread - which I am now humbly suggesting you check out - I can say that there are a variety of ways in which they'd work. If you want to know more, feel free to check out the OP~

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
She uses a horizontal Aether which is an attacking skill which strikes twice and heals her.
Aegis is a defensive skill so boost defence from attacks at the expense of mobility.
Galeforce gives extra movement after killing a unit so give Lucina a speed buff at the expense of defence.

And then what Winny said as it was from their thread that I got the Manakete idea which has them "using" the dragon form.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I would:

1. Take the present roster;

2. Remove the miis;

3. Give Ganondorf a moveset entirely based on the franchise he appears in;

4. Add Morrigan Aensland;

5. Add Shantae the half-genie;

6. Not put Mewtwo in, just to piss people off;

7. Laugh;

8. Add R.A. the Rugged Man, equipped with his bloody axe.

Last edited:

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
I would:

1. Take the present roster;

2. Remove the miis;

4. Add Morrigan Aensland;

5. Add Shantae the half-genie;

6. Not put Mewtwo in, just to piss people off;

7. Laugh;

8. Add R.A. the Rugged Man, equipped with his bloody axe.
Gr8 b8 m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cre8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 88888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I would reverse the following characters into alternate costumes/characters:
-Dark Pit
-Lucina
-Dr. Mario
-Pichu
-Young Link
-Roy

Cut:
-Sonic
-Sheik

Alph is made into a semi-clone and separate character.

Add the following as returnees:
-Wolf
-Ice Climbers
-Lucas

Add the following newcomers:
-Isabelle
-Captain Toad
-*Insert New Fire Emblem lord here* (unlockable)
-*Insert New Pokémon here* (unlockable)
-*Insert New successful series(1) character here*
-*Insert New successful series(2) character here*
- Impa
-Mallo
-Viridi or Hades
-Bandana Dee
-Dillon (unlockable)
-Pauline (unlockable)
-Takamaru (unlockable)
-Either Baeonetta or Rayman as the third party guest
-Wonder Red (unlockable)

WarioWaft

Smash Apprentice
I think Nintendo will finally put Toad in since Captain Toad will be a decent success and the Toad name will have it's own franchise. The question is will they make him fast like the traditional Mario canon games, or will he be slower than Ganondorf? lol

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
THE ROSTER. Transformations will return for some characters.

Veterans:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Rosalina & Luma
Bowser Jr./Koopalings
Wario
Mr. Game & Watch
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Pit
Palutena
Marth
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Little Mac
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Pikachu
Pokémon Trainer Red
• Squirtle
• Ivysaur
• Charizard
Lucario
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Duck Hunt
R.O.B.
Ness
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Villager
Pikmin & Olimar
Wii Fit Trainer
Shulk

Newcomers:
Paper Mario
Dixie Kong (Paired up with Diddy Kong)
King K. Rool
Impa
Isaac or Matthew
New FE rep.
King Hippo
New Pokémon rep.
Sukapon
Ray Mk III
Karate Joe
Takamaru
Chibi-Robo

Cuts:
Dark Pit
Ike
Robin
Lucina
Greninja
Dr. Mario

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Veterans
1. Mario
2. Link
3. Kirby
4. Pikachu
5. Samus
6. Donkey Kong
7. Yoshi
8. Fox
9. Jigglypuff
10. Ness
11. Luigi
12. Captain Falcon

All pretty straightforward - they've been in the franchise since the first game, and there's no reason to get rid of them now.

13. Peach
14. Bowser
15. Dr. Mario
16. Zelda
17. Sheik
18. Ganondorf
19. Mewtwo
20. Falco
21. Marth
22. Ice Climbers
23. Mr. Game & Watch

Brought back Ice Climbers; I'm assuming that, even if the next Smash Bros. is on both handhelds and home consoles, the next handheld should be able to handle them. As for the three clones who I wouldn't bring back (Young Link, Roy, Pichu), I feel that other characters fill the exact same role that they do (Young Link -> Toon Link, Roy -> Lucina), and in Pichu's case, it's worse than Pikachu in every meaningful way and damages itself with its attacks - what's the point in bringing it back?

24. Meta Knight
25. Pit
26. Zero Suit Samus
27. Wario
28. Ike
29. Diddy Kong
30. Squirtle
31. Ivysaur
32. Charizard
33. Lucario
34. King Dedede
35. Captain Olimar
36. Toon Link
37. Wolf
38. R.O.B.
39. Snake (Third Party)
40. Sonic (Third Party)

Bringing back everyone from Brawl. Squirtle and Ivysaur seem like they're popular enough to be able to stand on their own (plus, I find it ridiculous that two unique movesets were completely removed from the game). Lucas and Wolf have completely different A attacks than Ness and Fox - seeing as those make up the majority of a character's moves, it's hard to claim that they're clones.

As for Snake, I've already given my opinion in the Snake thread; to sum it up, third party characters seem to be included in Smash Bros. due to the role that they've played in the history of video games as a whole, and given how much the Metal Gear franchise has developed the concept of using video games as a story-telling medium, I'd say that Snake does deserve to be brought back.

41. Villager
42. Wii Fit Trainer
43. Rosalina and Luma
44. Bowser Junior
45. Little Mac
46. Greninja
47. Palutena
48. Dark Pit
49. Robin
50. Lucina
51. Shulk
52. Duck Hunt
53. Mii Fighter
54. Mega Man (Third Party)
55. Pac-Man (Third Party)

Not removing anyone from SSB4, though ideally, Lucina and Dark Pit would have more done to make them different from Marth and Pit.

So that's fifty-five characters, leaving me with fifteen more at most. Unlike with the veterans, where I explained them in groups, I'll be explaining each of these individually.

Newcomers: (Possible spoilers for the Earthbound and Kid Icarus series)
56. Captain Toad

Toad has been a playable character in Mario games for a long time - even back in the NES, with Super Mario Bros. 2 and Wario's Woods. While the standard Toad is apparently a permanent part of Peach's powers, Captain Toad stands out above the other Toads with multiple playable appearances (in both Mario 3D World and Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker), plus being able to draw from the playable versions of other Toads (like in the games I've already mentioned, or the home console New Super Mario Bros. games). Toad is a fairly popular choice for Nintendo's multiplayer games, so including him in Smash Bros. seems like a definite possibility.

57. Impa

I, for one, find it strange that Zelda - arguably Nintendo's second most popular franchise - has had its representation in the Smash Bros. roster virtually unchanged since Super Smash Bros. Melee in 2001. The closest that we've gotten are things like changing Young Link to Toon Link, or making Sheik her own playable character, but none of those are really new characters. While I debated including Midna or Ghirahim, I felt that if the Zelda series was going to get a new character, Impa seemed like the best choice.

She's had multiple appearances to draw from, including Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword, and most notably Hyrule Warriors, where she was a playable character with multiple weapons and movesets. While this spot could be given to Midna or Ghirahim (both of whom would be fantastic choices), I feel like Impa has more to work with, so she'd be a more realistic choice.

58. Ridley

This may or may not be my most controversial choice (that title would either go to Ridley, given how divisive he is, or one of my third party choices), but I'm sticking with it. It is absolutely absurd that Metroid, a franchise that has been in Smash Bros. since the first game and has tripled in size since then, is only represented by different versions of Samus. Ridley is, by far, the second most prominent character in the series, after Samus herself, and his boss fights are always among the most climactic and memorable in their respective games.

The way I see it, Ridley is the Metroid equivalent to Ganondorf. They may not appear in every game in their series, but they're easily the most iconic and memorable villain in that series, heavily tied to the backstory of the setting, and are both incredibly menacing and purely malicious figures. While Ridley may not be the final boss in the Metroid games, he is easily the one that people will remember the most. As far as his size is concerned, since I know that will come up, put him on all fours (similar to when he lands on the Pyrosphere), give him the Super Metroid design (so his arms, legs, wings, and tail are more reasonably proportioned), and make him about the same height as Bowser. That way, he's the size of a playable character while still being imposing and menacing. His size varies quite a bit within his own series (compare how big he is between the two boss fights in Metroid Prime 3), so it's not like it's that big of a deal.

59. King K. Rool

This could have gone to Dixie Kong, or Cranky Kong, but I went with K. Rool. The Kremling King may not be the most relevant Donkey Kong character, being left out of the Donkey Kong Country games that were made by Retro, but he has a massive amount of material to work with. Over the course of his time in the Donkey Kong series, he's taken on numerous identities - aside from being a king, he's been a mad scientist, pirate, boxer, and pharaoh, among other titles, and each time, his boss battles have been completely unique.

I'd love to see Dixie or Cranky as playable characters in Smash Bros., but if I can only pick one Donkey Kong character, I'm going with the King - based on what each of them are capable of in their original games, I feel like K. Rool would be the most unique as a playable character, having much more to offer.

60. Medusa

While I could have gone with someone like Hades or Phosphora, I felt that, as Pit's oldest nemesis, Medusa deserved a chance at the spotlight. She was quickly marginalized in Uprising, but I feel that there's a lot to work with. Her boss fight in Uprising gives her a lot of attacks, including a detachable cyclops head that could easily work as a final smash, and she'd be quite different from the other playable villains (as few of them as there are). While Hades is unquestionably the more prominent villain (at least as far as Uprising is concerned), I feel like Medusa would be the more interesting choice (plus, I could see Hades, or his insides, working well as a stage, with Hades providing snarky commentary throughout the fight).

61. Porky

This one was actually inspired by a fan project. I was debating between Porky and the Mother 1 version of Giygas - I felt that a new character from the Mother series would be a nice inclusion, but while Porky acts as a bridge between the storylines of Earthbound and Mother 3, Giygas (the alien from Mother 1, not the giant demon cloud fetus thing from Earthbound) would represent the first game in the series (which would be kind of difficult to do with its main character, seeing as Ninten is basically Ness). However, seeing some sprites of Porky in his spider robot from the end of Earthbound (the sprites were on The Spriter's Resource forums for a Smash Bros. fan-game; though the sub-forum for that game seems to be taken down, the thread was archived, though I haven't found any images that work yet) really got me thinking about how well he would work and how different he'd be from the other playable Mother characters, which is why I chose him.

62. Mike Jones (StarTropics)

Star Tropics is an overlooked gem in the NES library. Admittedly, its exclusion from Smash Bros. up to this point makes sense to some degree - neither game in the series was released in Japan. However, the reverse (a game not being released outside of Japan) didn't seem to stop the inclusion of Marth and Roy in Melee, or Lucas in Brawl.

I figure Mike Jones would make a great retro rep akin to Mr. Game & Watch or Duck Hunt - a character who nobody really considered, but fits in seamlessly regardless of that.

63. Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)

Joy Mech Fight is a pretty obscure NES game, but it's a Nintendo-made 2D fighting game. It takes pretty heavy inspiration from Mega Man (a mad scientist steals robots and uses them to take over the world, so a kind-hearted scientist converts a peaceful robot to a combat machine in order to stop the mad scientist), but it's got a quirky charm to it.

Given that Smash Bros. is Nintendo's major entry into the fighting game genre, it would be a nice reference to see Sukapon (the aforementioned peaceful robot) be included as a playable character. It's pretty clear that Nintendo has no problems with referring back to its roots, and much like the Ice Climbers, it would help to bring a one-off NES game out of obscurity.

64. Isaac (Golden Sun)

I'm not sure why he wasn't in Smash Bros. 4. While DLC's still an option, it seems strange to completely remove the entire Golden Sun series from Smash Bros., not even giving it a trophy, when it had a new game released between Brawl and SSB4. I've never even played a game in the Golden Sun franchise, and I know that there's a lot to work with as far as Isaac is concerned. Golden Sun definitely isn't an unpopular series - the fact that it has two sequels indicates that it must have sold fairly well, and Isaac is generally among the most requested characters that I've seen in discussions about Smash Bros.

65. Inkling (Splatoon)

Admittedly, it might be a bit early to start talking about Inkling, given that Splatoon isn't even out yet, but seeing as it's a new Nintendo-made IP, it definitely seems like they have a shot. Whether it's Olimar or Shulk, Smash Bros. not only gives more publicity to old forgotten Nintendo series, but also new ones that might not be as popular as the established franchises. Based on gameplay videos alone, there's a lot of potential as far as a character from Splatoon is concerned.

66. Ray (Custom Robo)

While there have been many versions of this robot throughout the series, Ray is the face of the Custom Robo franchise. Compared to his assist trophy appearance in Brawl, it would have to be scaled up, but that is hardly the first time that scale has been adjusted to make a character playable in Smash Bros. I'm not sure what else I have to say - it's an action-based Nintendo-owned franchise that, like Golden Sun, was completely removed from SSB4 for no apparent reason.

67. Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101)

One of the Wii U's hidden gems, The Wonderful 101 was an amazing and unique game. If anybody's going to represent it in Smash Bros., it seems most likely that it would be the team's leader, Wonder Red. Obviously, they couldn't make him exactly like his own game and have a hundred other superheroes following him around, but they could do something similar to Ness where he gets the Unite Morph abilities of his other team-mates. The game may not have sold well, but that's no excuse - Earthbound didn't sell well prior to Ness's inclusion in Smash Bros., and Fire Emblem was on the verge of cancellation before Awakening was released, so how well a series does doesn't seem to matter a whole lot as far as games like this are concerned.

68. Isa Jo (Sin & Punishment)

Much like the Wonderful 101, neither of the Sin & Punishment games have sold particularly well, but the team behind Smash Bros. is definitely aware of the series, keeping Saki as an assist trophy while other ATs have been removed. While Saki was the main character of the first game, if Sin & Punishment gets a playable character, I'd think that his son Isa would have more to work with, being able to jump and fly around in addition to having Saki's weapon and abilities. Either one of them, or Kachi from the second Sin & Punishment game, could work, but in any case, I feel that it would be great to have a character from Sin & Punishment playable in Smash Bros.; the series seemed to do well enough that it not only got a sequel, but that sequel was released overseas in spite of the first game being Japanese-exclusive prior to a Virtual Console release.

69. Bayonetta (Bayonetta) (Third Party)

I'm well aware of the complaints that people have about this character, and in another shameless bit of self-promotion, I tried to address them by making a moveset that would work within a E10 to T rating while still staying true to how Bayonetta fights in her own games. While she might be the longest shot on my list, I feel that Bayonetta's over-the-top and light-hearted nature would work well within Smash Bros.

Honestly, Nintendo has a great thing going with Platinum Games - they've collaborated on some fantastic titles in the past few years. Ironically, despite the hard M rating, Bayonetta 2 is arguably one of the most Nintendo-like games that I've seen by a third party company. It's vibrant and colourful, filled to the brim with easter eggs and references, packed full of detail, and it never really takes itself seriously. Admittedly, I'm working under the assumption that Bayonetta would represent Platinum Games, since they seem to have free reign with the character (she was included in games that Sega had nothing to do with), but while she's much newer than the third party characters that are currently in Smash Bros., she has so much to bring to the series that it would be a missed opportunity to not consider the idea.

70. Rayman (Rayman) (Third Party)

When the picture of the day showed that there was a Rayman trophy in Smash Bros., I was annoyed. If Nintendo has the rights to use Rayman in Smash Bros., it seemed like a waste to just put him in as a trophy as opposed to going all the way any making him playable. Finding out that Nintendo had the rights to publish Rayman games in Japan (making them Nintendo exclusive over there) helped to make sense of this decision, but it hasn't stopped me from wanting to see Rayman playable.

Looking at the Rayman Origins and Legends games alone, they basically give an entire list of basic attacks, meaning that a lot of the planning has more or less already been done. Admittedly, I haven't played Rayman 1 or 3, or even much of Rayman 2 (though I did get it for the Nintendo 64 recently), but there's so much to draw from here, and the games are so vibrant and put together so well that it would be a shame to not include him if they have the chance.

Going into this, I didn't intend to reach the limit of what was allowed, but I had so many ideas to work with. If you have any complaints about my choices or reasoning, feel free to let me know.

Last edited:

Selenite

Smash Cadet
69. Bayonetta (Bayonetta) (Third Party)

I'm well aware of the complaints that people have about this character, and in another shameless bit of self-promotion, I tried to address them by making a moveset that would work within a E10 to T rating while still staying true to how Bayonetta fights in her own games. While she might be the longest shot on my list, I feel that Bayonetta's over-the-top and light-hearted nature would work well within Smash Bros.

Honestly, Nintendo has a great thing going with Platinum Games - they've collaborated on some fantastic titles in the past few years. Ironically, despite the hard M rating, Bayonetta 2 is arguably one of the most Nintendo-like games that I've seen by a third party company. It's vibrant and colourful, filled to the brim with easter eggs and references, packed full of detail, and it never really takes itself seriously. Admittedly, I'm working under the assumption that Bayonetta would represent Platinum Games, since they seem to have free reign with the character (she was included in games that Sega had nothing to do with), but while she's much newer than the third party characters that are currently in Smash Bros., she has so much to bring to the series that it would be a missed opportunity to not consider the idea.
People love to downplay Nintendo for being only "vibrant, colorful, never really takes itself seriously" yet also seemingly chose to ignore the dark stuff "anti-Nintendo like" content. Is Giga Bowser the kind of guy that would hug a kitten? How about Pious Augustus? He's easily among the most sinister and unforgiving villains under the Nintendo banner. It's very unfortunate he's been consigned to the depths of obscurity.

I mean he's a blooming undead roman centurion skeleton warlock with access to a book of the damned that can summon zombies. If that's not enough to make you throw your hands up in the air at how unfair the gaming world is I don't know what is. Is Geist "Nintendo like"? Zangeki no Reginleiv? How about Fatal Frame? Scenes such as Ganondorf takes command isn't really funny unless there is a joke I'm missing. Zelda and Metroid franchises may be one of the darkest, considering that they both have an antagonist that kills without any remorse. Rosalina's tragic backstory doesn't make me laugh. Star Fox Assault story:
The whole story. First, the aparoids appear years after one destroyed an entire Cornerian fleet. Then, the Star Fox team finds a Core Memory leading to their homeworld, only for Pigma to steal it. Then they find that aparoids can infect machines. Then they find that they can infect organics, and Pigma is assimilated and destroyed. Star Fox gets that all-important Core Memory, but then they have to rush off and save Sauria, which is being overrun by aparoids. They save Sauria, only to find that they annihilated Corneria and began assimilating General Pepper while they were busy on Sauria. They finally make it to the Homeworld, only for the aparoids toassimilate the Great Fox, and for Peppy to perform a Heroic Sacrifice to allow them into the homeworld interior. Star Wolf shows up to aid them, but then they perform another Heroic Sacrifice to cover Star Fox as they enter the deepest part of the core. Star Fox fights through the psychological warfare of the aparoid queen, and hit it with the self-destruct program, only for it to not work. Whew. Things are righted after the final final boss battle, but seriously; how bleak can things get? Not to mention the aparoids appear once Andross and presumably all his minions except Oikonny are dead, and Star Fox is fighting Oikonny. Basically, the threat of Andross is about to be put to an end for all time (unless Command is believed to be canon) when suddenly an aparoid presumably kills him and attacks Krystal, and then the aparoids become the main threat to the Lylat System, but a much bigger threat than even Andross was.

It's sad to see people thinking how "Nintendo-like" is only a bunch of lighthearted cartoons when they are more than that. You might as well say how Sly Cooper or Ratchet and Clank or Spyro or Crash Bandicoot is "Nintendo-like" as well. Of course it doesn't stop them from making dark theories about them as ridiculous as some of them may be.

Is it cheating if I say Eternal Darkness?

I'd honestly have to say that Kirby's fairly dark even if you don't take Kirby to a horrifying extreme. You've got this cute, happy little universe always being plagued by some unspeakable horror (Dark Matter, Zero-Two, Marx, etc) as well as the fact that Shiver Star from Kirby 64 is pretty much a post-extinction Earth.

Pikmin's definitely one of the dark ones, though, when you think about it. Outside of Pikmin 2, the games are all about the survival of you (and in P3's case, your entire planet). If you screw up, someone or something just straight up dies. Also there's the creepy factor of hauling your enemies' carcasses back to the onion every kill...
How has nobody mentioned Earthbound yet?
This video basically sums it all up.
The final battle with Earthbound's Gigyas is basically Ness performing an abortion on a weird alien God-like creature before it grows up to destroy the earth. Also, anyone remember in Pikmin 2, there is a huge enemy bulborb with babies following it. If you kill their mother, they will follow you and fight for you. Then they get left behind in hhe cave you found them in. So in essence, you murder thier mother, then leave them for dead. Finally, in A Link between Worlds, Yuga turns people into paintings. But before anyone knows this, you see some people scrubbing paintings of Knights off the castle walls. That's a pretty brutal way to go, I'd say
Although, Pokemon X and Y got pretty dark for a different reason.

Team Flare literally tries to kill everyone who isn't in Team Flare. Also, a kid mentions something among the lines of "I'll have my <insert very large amount of money> saved up soon, so I can join Team Flare."

So basically, Team Flare is killing anyone who a) isn't in Team Flare, or b) can't afford to be in Team Flare.
I would have to say Pokemon Colosseum and XD. Pokemon that attack you because their hearts are full of darkness? Not escatly a cheery concept
The Fire Emblem series may be high fantasy with bright, colorful graphics, but it's also filled with war, murder, racism, genocide, r*pe and incest, especially the Jugdral series. The only reason that these games have never been rated higher than T is that it's never shown, just spoken about and implied. There's a reason the first few games didn't make it out of Japan. It must be noted that only the SNES and Game Boy Advance titles, and Mystery Of The Emblem are particularly bright and colourful; save for the obligatory use of You Gotta Have Blue Hair, every other title in the series is much more subdued and realistic in colouring, bordering on Real Is Brown at times.
The Mario series:
Yeah what was that about Nintendo being "colorful" and "lighthearted"? I couldn't hear you over your lack of exposure to Nintendo's franchises.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
:4mario::4luigi::4peach:Toad :rosalina:Paper Mario:4bowser::4bowserjr::4yoshi::4wario:
:4dk::4diddy:Dixie, King K. Rool :4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight:Dark Matter :4pit::4palutena:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf:Pig Ganon:younglinkmelee: (with MM Moveset):4tlink::4samus::4zss:Ridley
:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::roypm::4fox::4falco::wolf:Slippy :4ness::lucas:
:4pikachu::4jigglypuff::pt::mewtwopm::235::4lucario::4greninja: Gen 7/8 Pokémon :4falcon:Samurai Goroh
:4gaw::4littlemac::popo::4duckhunt:ExciteBiker:4rob::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk:
:4drmario::pichumelee::4darkpit::4lucina::4pacman::snake::4megaman::4sonic:Banjo-Kazooie:4mii:

As you can see, I brought back every veteran, less Pokémon Trainer's Pokémon.

EDIT: I would bring back Pokémon Trainer, leaving the transformation gimmick to him only. You can choose the Pokémon separately and just play as them, giving them a down-special move.

EDIT: I noticed a lack of newcomers in my roster, with the number totaling in at a mere 13.
If I had 5 slots left, I would include the following:
- Kamek or Waluigi (for the Yoshi or Wario series respectively)
- Porky (in his amazing Spider Mech)
- Isaac
- Inkling
- Rhythm Wrestler or Chorus Kids

Also, in my defense with the lack of newcomers, it's worth noting that Young Link, Roy, Wolf, and Lucas would all be reworked.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
People love to downplay Nintendo for being only "vibrant, colorful, never really takes itself seriously" yet also seemingly chose to ignore the dark stuff "anti-Nintendo like" content.[...]
I never said that was a bad thing; all I was trying to say with that was that Bayonetta is more suited for Nintendo consoles than people might think, seeing as I've seen people try to dismiss the character based solely on the game's rating.

Last edited:

El Fonz0

Smash Apprentice
Let's see here... I don't care much for cutting people, especially unique movesets, so Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake, Wolf, Lucas, and Mewtwo come back, leaving my potential newcomers at 15.

So let's get started:
56. Captain Toad
57. Waddle Dee
58. Dixie Kong
59. Impa
60. Ridley
61. Excite biker
62. Takamaru
63. Monita
64. Fiora
65. King K. Roll
66. Mother Brain
67. Pious Augustus
68. Porky
69. Kamek
70. Dark Matter

I had a lot more guys I wanted to put in, but I decided to go with guys I really wanted to see personally. Basically, this is a mixture of villains for for series that have been in Smash Bros for a long time, some retros that are still remembered, members of the more popular franchices made popular by recent gamee, and few oddballs (modern, obscure, etc)

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Veterans:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
DK
Bowser
Wario
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Samus
ZSS
Pit
Paletuna
Ness
Kirby
Dedede
Meta Knight
Fox
Falco
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Marth
Ike
Robin
Villager
Sonic
Megaman
Olimar

Newcomers:
Waluigi
Geno
Ghirahim
Ridley
Hades
Viridi
Poppy Bros (Would play similar to Ice Climbers, BUT WITH BOMBS! :D)
Mewtwo X/Y
Lyn
Dr Eggman
Megaman Zero or Protoman
Isaac (with alts of the other party members)
Simon Belmont [/spoilers]

Moonyay

Smash Rookie
I guess Smash 5 is going in a console with more capacity so more characters then?
So everyone from Smash 4 +
:popo::pt::snake::wolf::roypm::lucas:

Newcomers:
Captain Toad (Mario)
Waluigi (Mario/Wario)
Kamek (Yoshi)
Ashley (Wario)
Ghirahim (Zelda)
Tingle (Zelda)
Dixie Kong (DK)
King K. Rool (DK)
Viridi (Kid Icarus)
Bandana Dee (Kirby)
Ridley (Metroid)
Takamaru (Retro Character)
New Gen 7 Pokémon
New Fire Emblem Character
Jeff (Earthbound)
Krystal (Star Fox)
Doc Louis (Punch Out/Joke Character)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
Professor Layton (3rd Party)

Alt Costume:
Daisy (Peach)
Louie/Alph/Brittany/Charlie (Olimar)
Dr. Luigi (Luigi)
Dark Samus (Samus)
Toadette (Captain Toad)
Kumatora (Lucas)

PokÉmblem

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wolfvdc
3DS FC
4553-9960-0926
Bruh Shrek would be the newcomer if I was in charge

But seriously, I would cut lucina, Rob, greninja

I won't cut dr.mario and dark pit since the development time on them is small. Lucina is cut for roy but lucina could be an alt for roy
Newcomers:
Dixie Kong
Ridley
Black Shadow(F-Zero, has old ganondorf moveset)
Vaporeon, Flareon and Jolteon(Switches like pokemon trainer in brawl)
Paper Mario
impa
Captain Rainbow! (Has his own version of falcon punch called RAINBOW PAWWNNCH!)
Shovel Knight
Chrom
Bandana Dee
Knuckles
Crystal
Takamaru
Isaac
Captain Toad
Shantae

Veterans added not in smash 4
Roy
Wolf
Lucas
Ice Climbers

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, it would be the whole Smash 4 roster except I would remove :4bowserjr:,:4jigglypuff:, and:4sonic: (don't get me started with him).
Bring back :snake: (with Big Boss as an alternative character) ,:wolf:and :roypm:.
The newcomers would be:
Impa (The Legend of Zelda)
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
Krystal (Star Fox)
Issac (Golden Sun)
Takamaru
A new Fire Emblem character
A new Pokémon from a future generation
A Xenoblade Chronicles X character

EDIT: I would put in a character from the Resident Evil series like Leon S. Kennedy or Jill Valentine but that would require me to remove Snake as having two M-rated characters simply wouldn't work...so I'll just stick with Snake.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Let's see here... I don't care much for cutting people, especially unique movesets, so Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake, Wolf, Lucas, and Mewtwo come back, leaving my potential newcomers at 15.

So let's get started:
56. Captain Toad
57. Waddle Dee
58. Dixie Kong
59. Impa
60. Ridley
61. Excite biker
62. Takamaru
63. Monita
64. Fiora
65. King K. Roll
66. Mother Brain
67. Pious Augustus
68. Porky
69. Kamek
70. Dark Matter

I had a lot more guys I wanted to put in, but I decided to go with guys I really wanted to see personally. Basically, this is a mixture of villains for for series that have been in Smash Bros for a long time, some retros that are still remembered, members of the more popular franchices made popular by recent gamee, and few oddballs (modern, obscure, etc)
First thing that came to mind when seeing the amount of villains is the song "It's Our House Now" from Mickey's House of Villains. I would be overjoyed if we were to get a number of villains that big since this is a game about Nintendo All Stars after all.

Also, the amount of Dark Matter love around here just fills my heart with Rainbow Drops.

El Fonz0

Smash Apprentice

So let's get started:
56. Captain Toad
57. Waddle Dee
58. Dixie Kong
59. Impa
60. Ridley
61. Excite biker
62. Takamaru
63. Monita
64. Fiora
65. King K. Roll
66. Mother Brain
67. Pious Augustus
68. Porky
69. Kamek
70. Dark Matter

Silly me! I forgot about the Ice Climbers! So they are in instead of Monita.

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
For Smash 5
I would:

1. Take Smash 4's roster;

2. Remove :4drmario::4lucina::4duckhunt::4mii::4miibrawl::4miisword::4miigun::4pacman:

4. Mid-match character changes Now exist. 5. Add :popo:[New 3DS And Wii U] :lucas::wolf::mewtwopm:

6. Add Shantae the half-genie;

7. Cut Tingle Form The Assist Trophies

8. Cut Takamaru Form The Assist Trophies and Add Him As A Newcomer

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Here's my dream roster. Two important things before I begin:
1: This roster pretends that Nintendo has acquired Sega and Capcom. (Hey, I can dream, right?)
2: I'm putting in all cut characters in some way/shape form.

Returning vets:
:4mario::4bowser::4bowserjr::4falcon::4dedede::4dk::4diddy::4fox::4gaw::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4luigi::4marth::4megaman::4metaknight::4ness::4olimar::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::4rob::4robinm::rosalina::4samus::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4villager::4wario2::4wiifit::4yoshi::4zelda::4zss::mewtwopm:

Newcomers:
Isaac
Ray 01
Lip
Bandana Dee
Saki
Vaati
Inkling
Captain Toad

Character from an unannounced game
Ditto (Transforms into a random character w/ditto face when sent out, changes upon each ko)

Tails
Eggman
Bass
Ryu

Ridley (takes Charizard's moveset)
Impa (Takes Greninja's moveset)

Completley delconed:
:4ganondorf::wolf::roypm:

Demoted to alt:
:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword: (alts for Mario, link, and Samus respectively) :younglinkmelee: (Toon Link)

Returning as ATs:
:popo::4duckhunt:

Returning as pokeballs:
:pichumelee::charizard::ivysaur::squirtle::4greninja:

Third parties:
:4pacman:Rayman Bomberman :snake:man

The clone army:
:toonlink::falco::4drmario::4lucina::4darkpit::lucas:Black Shadow (Captain Falcon clone)

As far as unlockables go, I think it would be really cool if they used a similar system to Theatrhythym final fantasy. You choose twenty-five characters from a pool of forty characters (fifty if you play the demo) as your starting roster. After clearing an unlock condition, you fight a group of five fighters (you have 5 stocks, they each have 1 stock and show up one at a time) and choose your favorite one to unlock upon winning.

Stratos

Smash Ace
Here my list of Newcomers:

Henry Fleming (Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.)

Jonh Raimi (Geist)

Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)

Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)

Inkling (Splatoon)

Ivan (Devil's Third)

King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)

Bomberman (Bomberman)

Sheriff (Sheriff)

Simon Belmont (Castlevania)

Bayonetta (Bayonetta)

Takamaru (Nazo no Murasame Jo)

Isaac (Golden Sun)

Saki (Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Earth)

Black Shadow (F-ZERO)

Andy (Advance Wars)

Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)

Tempo (Harmo Knight)

Rayman (Rayman)

Tin Star (Tin Star)

Heracles (Glory of Heracles)

Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo)

Captain Rainbow (Captain Rainbow)

Mike Anderson (Battle Clash)

Mike Jones (StarTropics)

Goku (Yuyuki)

Ayumi Tachibana & Protagonist (Famicom Detective Club)

Sukapon (Joy Mecha Fight)

Professor Layton (Professor Layton)

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm a bit surprised how many people here suggest Impa, and how many dare to say she'd have to replace Sheik. It is acceptable to say so now? I think we're moving to a new era of posperity people!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm a bit surprised how many people here suggest Impa, and how many dare to say she'd have to replace Sheik. It is acceptable to say so now? I think we're moving to a new era of posperity people!
It's because we are all in agreement that she is the last major Zelda character to add that isn't a one-shot villain or Toon clone. Besides, who wouldn't want Treebranch the Sheikah to join the battle with those bloody red eyes of hers? :awesome:

Inb4 Scatman shows up with his Vaati propaganda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom