• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you were in charge of roster picking for an upcoming Smash!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
As someone who would LOVE to see both of them, no they aren't. The popularity these characters had died after a few months
Actually these are two highly popular video game series and were some of the most requested on the ballot.

Bull****. You said this
If having 2 completely different katana movesets isn't 'creative and interesting' (which btw is something only YOU are saying), how is 6 versions of the same ****ing character 'creative and interesting'? Even then, what does it matter? It seems like you're acting like people who only judge games based on 'muh innovation', and thus are forgetting that something simple can be refreshing every once in a while. Case and point, Greninja has a simple, non gimmicky moveset
Wow, dude. Calm the hell down. The reason a move set not being creative or interesting is a problem is because time was wasted on it in a mediocre attempt to make it different. You're like the kind of person who complains that Sakurai said Chrom didn't have enough potential, but added Lucina. There's a difference between a clone not being "creative and interesting" and a fully fledged character that man hours and a character slot were spent on not being creative and interesting. There's no point in wasting actual time on a move set that's not interesting.

But, I'm having some trouble comprehending what you're even saying. For starters: 6 versions of the same character? Which character do I have 6 versions of? There are 6 clones, but I don't recall having 6 versions of the same character. But, even if I did, I don't think 6 characters would be inherently uncreative if they all had unique move sets. But, again, I don't have 6 versions of the same character. What the hell are you talking about?

Second you say only I'M saying two katana move sets are not creative just because they are different. Well, I'm sorry. Next time I'll be sure to not have my own opinion and instead conform to everyone else's expectations.

Third I don't know how to respond to your third statment because it's basically a sentence fragment. You start with "You're acting like people who only judge games based on 'muh innovation'" I act like they what? You interrupt with "Thus..." and never return to that interrupted sentence. And are you saying that I'M forgetting something simple can be refreshing? Aren't you the one complaining about clones?

And my point isn't "Oh, Greninja's move set isn't gimmiky or something completely new!" My point is. Yeah, Takamaru has different abilities aside from his Katana, but Goroh doesn't which makes him pretty bland in my opinion. Let's set aside the moves like shuriken and rage and whatever and focus on their non special attacks which are them using the katana. Specifically the Smash attacks, aerials and what not. Just because you make Goroh stab with his sword or swipe it in a different way, it's different, but it's not anything impressive for a completely new character in my opinion. I liked the special attacks N3ON provided. It's the rest of Goroh's move set I have a problem with. It's just the same weapon as Takamaru, but weilded a different way. If he gave Goroh some moves that incorporate his actual body then I would concede hat Goroh and Takamru both being unique characters would work despite preferring my way better. Because even though they both use the same weapon, they both use their own abilities outside of the weapon, like Ninja abilities and strength abilities. Then I would not be complaining that the majority of their moves use the same choice of weapon. That's the area I want improved before both characters are shoved in alongside each other.

I also think I should mention that criteria is a lot different in a roster of 100 characters.

Does anyone still wanna complain that I'm the only one who's snarky and hostile when I think people are being ridiculous? I offer now is the time to bring that up. (Except not really because I don't care and I don't want the thread locked again.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Actually these are two highly popular video game series and were some of the most requested on the ballot.

Wow, dude. Calm the hell down. The reason a move set not being creative or interesting is a problem is because time was wasted on it in a mediocre attempt to make it different. You're like the kind of person who complains that Sakurai said Chrom didn't have enough potential, but added Lucina. There's a difference between a clone not being "creative and interesting" and a fully fledged character that man hours and a character slot were spent on not being creative and interesting. There's no point in wasting actual time on a move set that's not interesting.

But, I'm having some trouble comprehending what you're even saying. For starters: 6 versions of the same character? Which character do I have 6 versions of? There are 6 clones, but I don't recall having 6 versions of the same character. But, even if I did, I don't think 6 characters would be inherently uncreative if they all had unique move sets. But, again, I don't have 6 versions of the same character. What the hell are you talking about?

Second you say only I'M saying two katana move sets are not creative just because they are different. Well, I'm sorry. Next time I'll be sure to not have my own opinion and instead conform to everyone else's expectations.

Third I don't know how to respond to your third statment because it's basically a sentence fragment. You start with "You're acting like people who only judge games based on 'muh innovation'" I act like they what? You interrupt with "Thus..." and never return to that interrupted sentence. And are you saying that I'M forgetting something simple can be refreshing? Aren't you the one complaining about clones?

And my point isn't "Oh, Greninja's move set isn't gimmiky or something completely new!" My point is. Yeah, Takamaru has different abilities aside from his Katana, but Goroh doesn't which makes him pretty bland in my opinion. Let's set aside the moves like shuriken and rage and whatever and focus on their non special attacks which are them using the katana. Specifically the Smash attacks, aerials and what not. Just because you make Goroh stab with his sword or swipe it in a different way, it's different, but it's not anything impressive for a completely new character in my opinion. I liked the special attacks N3ON provided. It's the rest of Goroh's move set I have a problem with. It's just the same weapon as Takamaru, but weilded a different way. If he gave Goroh some moves that incorporate his actual body then I would concede hat Goroh and Takamru both being unique characters would work despite preferring my way better. Because even though they both use the same weapon, they both use their own abilities outside of the weapon, like Ninja abilities and strength abilities. Then I would not be complaining that the majority of their moves use the same choice of weapon. That's the area I want improved before both characters are shoved in alongside each other.

I also think I should mention that criteria is a lot different in a roster of 100 characters.

Does anyone still wanna complain that I'm the only one who's snarky and hostile when I think people are being ridiculous? I offer now is the time to bring that up. (Except not really because I don't care and I don't want the thread locked again.)
I'm sure this would be another educating SaturnGamer post if it actually had the person you were quoting. What happened there? They delete it or something?

Also, they were highly requested in FAN POLLS. Nothing has been said about the official ballot.

Please...can we just NEVER bring up Goroh's moveset up in this thread again, I'm so damn tired of it.

And just because you're not the only one doesn't mean it's not a problem. I'm not gonna write an essay about your attitude because I don't want this thread to be locked either.

Also, for what it's worth, I liked your 100 Character Roster. Wasn't too shabby. Gengar was a nice addition.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Considering Saturn has said Marth and Ike's longswords are different enough to validate unique movesets due to their length and weight, let's just say Goroh's katana is longer and heavier than Takamaru's. Problem solved. It's not even altering things that much anyway, look:

KatanaBros.png

A very easy solution to a very illogical argument of ignoring functionality and reducing difference solely to aesthetics. I believe that's the same line of reasoning that calls Isaac "just another sword wielder" and K. Rool "just another heavy, clawed reptile".

Past this, there's really no point in continuing the conversation considering the argument I'm up against is "Yeah you gave them different movesets and properties but they still both wield katanas so it's the same thing" v_v

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
User was warned for this post
let's just say Goroh's katana is longer and heavier than Takamaru's.
Except it's not. How would you even do that? How would you make a katana that's as heavy as Ike's ragnell? And why would it be? Just so you can keep moving the goal post, that's why.

I believe that's the same line of reasoning that calls Isaac "just another sword wielder" and K. Rool "just another heavy, clawed reptile".
I seriously doubt that. I don't believe for a second that you actually believe that. What is it with you and horribly failed analogies? Isaac literally has several magical elemental powers where as (according to your move set) Goroh literally is another sword wielder. You intentionally ignore that Marth & Ike have completely different weapons, but as long as you pretend that they don't, you can make my argument sound stupid because that's all that matters. Which ironically just makes your argument sound stupid because you make a deliberate attempt to ignore obvious facts. Isaac's abilities are not the same as wielding the exact same weapon as another character for your entire A button move set. Why can't you expand Goroh's move set beyond that weapon? Like actual physical attacks like I did. What is wrong with that? You did it with Takamaru. You gave him ninja abilities in moves like his down aerial.

When I say you don't actually believe that is because I know for a fact you are more intelligent than the arguments you intentionally make to sound stupid so that you don't have to tackle the real ones. This is known as straw manning.

Past this, there's really no point in continuing the conversation considering the argument I'm up against is "Yeah you gave them different movesets and properties but they still both wield katanas so it's the same thing" v_v
In other words, I can't fire you because you quit. But, whatever. As long as you get enough likes that's all you need to feel right. Whatever will end this pointless conversation.

**** it. I can get into a debate with a brick wall and it'd make more sense than you as they wouldn't say these lies by claiming they are fact without sources. Bysies! I'll probably never see you again.
And you guys expect me to be nicey nice 24/7. Oh, yeah I forgot. You guys are better and always correct so it's okay. Right, @Venus of the Desert Bloom, @Swampasaur?

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Except it's not. How would you even do that? How would you make a katana that's as heavy as Ike's ragnell? And why would it be? Just so you can keep moving the goal post, that's why.

I seriously doubt that. I don't believe for a second that you actually believe that. What is it with you and horribly failed analogies? Isaac literally has several magical elemental powers where as (according to your move set) Goroh literally is another sword wielder. You intentionally ignore that Marth & Ike have completely different weapons, but as long as you pretend that they don't, you can make my argument sound stupid because that's all that matters. Which ironically just makes your argument sound stupid because you make a deliberate attempt to ignore obvious facts. Isaac's abilities are not the same as wielding the exact same weapon as another character for your entire A button move set. Why can't you expand Goroh's move set beyond that weapon? Like actual physical attacks like I did. What is wrong with that? You did it with Takamaru. You gave him ninja abilities in moves like his down aerial.

When I say you don't actually believe that is because I know for a fact you are more intelligent than the arguments you intentionally make to sound stupid so that you don't have to tackle the real ones. This is known as straw manning.

In other words, I can't fire you because you quit. But, whatever. As long as you get enough likes that's all you need to feel right. Whatever will end this pointless conversation.

And you guys expect me to be nicey nice 24/7. Oh, yeah I forgot. You guys are better and always correct so it's okay. Right, @Venus of the Desert Bloom, @Swampasaur?
Did you even look at the picture? The katana's are completely different? Just like Marth and Ike's swords? This is one of the main point's you've been making? That the katanas aren't different?

Honestly you'd be better off banned a 2nd time.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, this went to ****.

The constant flaming from all sides here was completely terrible, and as such, this thread will now be locked indefinitely. I'm sorry for those of you who were innocent in this whole thing. But, it seems many here simply couldn't handle this thread, and they will be dealt with accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom