• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

n0ne

Smash Ace
But... When u use default colors u preserve X and Y buttons' lifespan

Liking my own post just cuz of dat

edit: wait u cant to that bs on smashboards

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Lmfao n0ne I'm pretty sure I would have liked some of my own posts by now if that were the case. I even reported one to moderators last year when i was drunk saying "too much good info" lmfao. Tbh you're lucky if a post even goes through on crashboards.

But yeah I like red Ganon. That blood red rage. I think i like red just cause if someone gets default Ganon before me it automatically goes red lol.

n0ne

Smash Ace
Honestlyyyyyyyyy

This is from the heart

All of dorfs colors are awful

Maybe not awful but just salty that i gotta use hacks for ocarina of time texture

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Honestlyyyyyyyyy

This is from the heart

All of dorfs colors are awful

Maybe not awful but just salty that i gotta use hacks for ocarina of time texture
Just as l0ng as you don't talk sh*t about that cheap rug Ganon calls a cape, we have no beef.

Edit: all in favor of banning coast?

lmao

Last edited:

n0ne

Smash Ace
Just as l0ng as you don't talk sh*t about that cheap rug Ganon calls a cape, we have no beef.

Edit: all in favor of banning coast?

lmao
Im in favor cuz he never uploaded my dorf set vs coffeeblack

@ Coastward Coastward Y U DO DIS 2 ME BRO WHY

EDIT: renth, if u ARE the guy i think u are, check ur inbox in 'other'

Edit2: i meant on fbk

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I feel the need to break rules sometimes, as I used to be a moderator and got de-modded unjustly. I actually gave a sh*t (not about the rules, but the G boards) and now no one moderates it so idgaF lol f*ck mlg, crashboards, and anyone that has the ability to infract me.

Edit: n0ne we need to party.

Last edited:

n0ne

Smash Ace
I feel the need to break rules sometimes, as I used to be a moderator and got de-modded unjustly. I actually gave a sh*t (not about the rules, but the G boards) and now no one moderates it so idgaF lol f*ck mlg, crashboards, and anyone that has the ability to infract me.

Edit: n0ne we need to party.
Party?

That word sounds so casual

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I used to be red Ganon, but then I went green cause Kage.

I'm going Link/Doc for singles now but I'll still play Ganon for Doubles. I don't think Ganon is fun in singles anymore and his weaknesses make him not fun for me. I'll do what I want to do and I have a plan.

n0ne

Smash Ace

I'm going Link/Doc for singles now but I'll still play Ganon for Doubles. I don't think Ganon is fun in singles anymore and his weaknesses make him not fun for me. I'll do what I want to do and I have a plan.
Back air. U have no idea.

Renth

Smash Hero

Doesn't like Ganon for weaknesses.. Decides to play Link.

:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:

Coastward

Smash Lord
LOL EDGARD YOU KILL ME

real talk though, it's hard to improve on my own time. i don't know what i need to be looking for to improve on since ive been working on my lacking neutral game.

i really wanna study videos, but im really bad at taking parts and just examining what i would be able to do there. feels much better having someone with me to talk about it and help me understand it more. it also takes a **** ton of time too, kinda sucks but i need to get on the grind.

i guess for now i practice my shield drops and RLDs until i figure something out.

n0ne

Smash Ace
LOL EDGARD YOU KILL ME

real talk though, it's hard to improve on my own time. i don't know what i need to be looking for to improve on since ive been working on my lacking neutral game.

i really wanna study videos, but im really bad at taking parts and just examining what i would be able to do there. feels much better having someone with me to talk about it and help me understand it more. it also takes a **** ton of time too, kinda sucks but i need to get on the grind.

i guess for now i practice my shield drops and RLDs until i figure something out.
First thing about working on neutral game is accepting the fact that dorf's neutral game is terrible.

After that, its all about spacing and mindgaming with platforms and wavelands.

Also, bair to pivot jab/f tilt i feel is really overlooked.

Its all about implanting fear with dorf's backair since it comes out so fast and will always outprioritze ANY move if spaced correctly, or will at LEAST trade.

And after that its about mixing it up.

If u stay really static tho and try to ftilt, shhield grab, jab, d tilt or stuff like that ( i call it towering ) ur gonna get wrecked and u dont want that

n0ne

Smash Ace
There are a lot of useful other stuff but its gonna sound lame but honestly im not that good at explaining stuff if its not while im playing and i dont say them in public cuz of spacy lurkers. Some things are really best off kept secret, since we're fellow dorfs that kind of info should not be said in public but im more than ok saying that stuff un private sessions

Off-topic whoa im dizzy where am i

Mongoose132

Smash Rookie
I regret not saying anything to you guys. I saw psuedo turtle at McDonalds, my friend said something about teaching me how to play Ganondorf... Lol.
But the next major I go to im going to try to reach out more. I really need some good Ganon advice when I can get it.
I played DLA in my pool also. He 2-0'd me, but I felt like it was close (within one stock each time)

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I regret not saying anything to you guys. I saw psuedo turtle at McDonalds, my friend said something about teaching me how to play Ganondorf... Lol.
But the next major I go to im going to try to reach out more. I really need some good Ganon advice when I can get it.
I played DLA in my pool also. He 2-0'd me, but I felt like it was close (within one stock each time)
Hahaha I remember that! Yea, your friend (can't believe I'm forgetting his tag) said something like "but... you're ganon." after I 2-0'd him in pools... not in a salty way or anything, just joking around. Tell him I said hey! Nice guy.

Yea man, please reach out to all of the ganons you see. I know Eikelmann (also at big house) is big on helping the new blood as well, and I'd be more than happy to give you some pointers next time I see you. I can teach you how to win at, like, 4 whole matchups.

DLA... isn't he a Chicago guy? I should really know this, but I don't go to enough tournaments nowadays. I could have sworn he was a PM only player. @ Moy Moy , a little help here?

And, btw, I suck at shield dropping (I'm practicing though), but here's my stance on it. Use it sparingly, otherwise it just becomes a gimmick; something you can use once against a good player, but they won't fall for it twice. If you're shielding and they don't expect you to be able to shield drop uair, then that's great- do it. But a good player will bait it out after he realizes it's an option. When I was playing nmw, I realized he was really good at it. I was really impressed by his ability to do it consistently, but he did it every single time he was on a platform shielding (happens a lot vs ganon, go figure), so I punished it.

I personally think that shield dropping is much better used as a counter attack. Imagine you're playing a Marth and he fsmashes your shield on a platform. Up until 2014, nobody has properly punished this, but it IS punishable (not that I've ever done it). You definitely have time to shield drop bair/uair and maybe even dair/fair (not certain on these last two options). Or what if you're getting hit by a ganon fair on shield? Unless that **** is from a full hop, there's gonna be a lot of lag on it and you should have time to shield drop uair/bair. Tm did this to me a couple of times so I know it works. Shout outs. I only named a few situations, but use your imagination.

To answer your question: I do the axe method.

Last edited:

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
yeah Turtle, DLA is from Chicago. He's been playing Melee a lot more recently even though he's one of the best in PM. I have yet to play him in tournament at EXP though. But I really like Ganon dittos in Melee. they're meh in any other game.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Hahaha I remember that! Yea, your friend (can't believe I'm forgetting his tag) said something like "but... you're ganon." after I 2-0'd him in pools... not in a salty way or anything, just joking around. Tell him I said hey! Nice guy.

Yea man, please reach out to all of the ganons you see. I know Eikelmann (also at big house) is big on helping the new blood as well, and I'd be more than happy to give you some pointers next time I see you. I can teach you how to win at, like, 4 whole matchups.

DLA... isn't he a Chicago guy? I should really know this, but I don't go to enough tournaments nowadays. I could have sworn he was a PM only player. @ Moy Moy , a little help here?

And, btw, I suck at shield dropping (I'm practicing though), but here's my stance on it. Use it sparingly, otherwise it just becomes a gimmick; something you can use once against a good player, but they won't fall for it twice. If you're shielding and they don't expect you to be able to shield drop uair, then that's great- do it. But a good player will bait it out after he realizes it's an option. When I was playing nmw, I realized he was really good at it. I was really impressed by his ability to do it consistently, but he did it every single time he was on a platform shielding (happens a lot vs ganon, go figure), so I punished it.

I personally think that shield dropping is much better used as a counter attack. Imagine you're playing a Marth and he fsmashes your shield on a platform. Up until 2014, nobody has properly punished this, but it IS punishable (not that I've ever done it). You definitely have time to shield drop bair/uair and maybe even dair/fair (not certain on these last two options). Or what if you're getting hit by a ganon fair on shield? Unless that **** is from a full hop, there's gonna be a lot of lag on it and you should have time to shield drop uair/bair. Tm did this to me a couple of times so I know it works. Shout outs. I only named a few situations, but use your imagination.

To answer your question: I do the axe method.
From my experience shield dropping can be used more than sparingly and should. One of ganon's weakest positions is being stuck in his shield on a platform vs a high tier character. You can get around this by shield dropping, but you should only do it if you know they will attack your shield or if they put themselves in a bad position. If they attack your shield and try to crossup or misspace you get a free bair or uair. If they attack you safely you just shield drop without using an aerial and it's pretty safe. Two players (non ganons) that you'll see do this a lot are Armada and plup. Armada will only uair out of his shield drop if he knows he'll get it off. Otherwise, he'll shield drop pretty ****ing often to get out of there. Plup on the other hand seems to light shield to cover pokes and then drop when it's safe.

You are right of course that mindlessly throwing out and aerial every time will get you punished. I learned this the hard way. But with much practice, I've learned when it's safe to use and you can get away with it quite a bit if you're smart with it.

tl;dr shield dropping is more than a gimmick in the right hands and should be used in a reactionary manner

Last edited:

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
Is Peach generally a bad matchup for Ganon? Or is it just me? Cause i can't even against Peach. Seems to be a bit more quick than i remember. Also i'm starting to notice all those little things in the game that i never noticed (endlag on moves, Wavedashes, getting the timing down on edgeguarding moves) though there's still much i can't do, i'm gonna keep trying.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Last edited:

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
yeah Turtle, DLA is from Chicago. He's been playing Melee a lot more recently even though he's one of the best in PM. I have yet to play him in tournament at EXP though. But I really like Ganon dittos in Melee. they're meh in any other game.
Lol brawl is so bad. Good on him to start up with melee!

Does he play ganon in melee too?
yeah. i've played netplay with him under my sasukebowser account. he's working on melee.

Top Bottom