• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

GanonMaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dragmirejr
lol electronic devices are cool when they work...

My elgato won't work sdfjvnsåijgbåswoibnsh

EDIT: F*CK THIS ****, I give up :/

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
PGH is in Pittsburgh. which is what PGH means.. they just go to NEOH events time to time.

Also, link to carroll talking mad ****? He likes to joke around and have fun I doubt he said anything to deliberately upset you
Yea, Renth, I was totally kidding. Like I said, most of the stuff he said was true anyway haha. He seems like a cool guy in all honesty. I just mostly wanted a chance to redeem myself... And I was drunk and I like to **** talk (harmless and all in good fun) when I've had a few drinks.

And yea, most of my move choices and such were actually surprisingly good when I re-watched it. I'm sick of using this john, but it's true... First time on stream at a national, even Smokey commented about my play on the video. It's a shame, but it just means I have to keep doing well enough to make the stream and get used to it.

I'm an idiot for not knowing PGH stood for Pittsburgh... lol.

edit: LMFAOOOOOO ACE. Jesus christ man. That's the funniest thing I've seen in forever... I can't begin to describe to you how loud I'm laughing right now.

edit 2: just remembered ace is oceanwaves on youtube. He commented as well, thanks man I appreciate it.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
lol electronic devices are cool when they work...

My elgato won't work sdfjvnsåijgbåswoibnsh

EDIT: F*CK THIS ****, I give up :/
I tried to use my twitch app to check it, glad it wasn't me lol. I automatically assume everything is my phone's fault.

And I'm still laughing myself haha. When the idea came to me, it was like WTFFFFFF THIS IS PERFECT lmao

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
even tho I couldn't stream, what do you guys do after shwl? is it only jabs, ftilts and grabs or is other things also viable?
Practice immediate pivot bair out of a perfect waveland. Up until now I have only shared this with @ spider_sense spider_sense . NO ONE does this, and if you pivot fast enough, you keep the waveland momentum, so you're approaching with a bair quicker than you ever could normally. Do it out of a ledgedash too.

Pivot bair is really sick in general as it's faster than fair and can accomplish things a uair can't, so practice it.

You can do literally anything out of a waveland. I don't know where to begin.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Oh my gosh..Bizarro Flame..i'm about to geek out. I mean what's up Melee idol? I mean..hai
oh haiiii =)

Dude, bizz.... that comment is pure gold lmao. I didn't even laugh so hard at first now it's really cracking me up. I wonder if scrubs are often wondering what goes through m2k's mind in a match. I'd say the answer is obvious:

http://youtu.be/LDZX4ooRsWs
M2K's thought: "My sheik don't want none unless you got JV'd hun"

Last edited:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Have confidence, we will speak with you. ;) We're very unlike those self-centered top players up there. >_< Even though obviously we all have our own goals sometimes its just straight up so much disrespect. =/

Last edited:

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
On that note
I've lurked here for quite a long time now and outside of chatting with Eikelmann once on the netplay irc and talking to nothing in Renth's stream a couple times I really haven't interacted with any of you.
That being said, the Ganon community is absolutely outstanding, enough so that you all are basically the reason why I'm starting to try to not suck. Melee is obviously an outstanding game and I'm competitive by nature but finding the time coupled with social anxiety has basically just kept me dabbling in it alone or on netplay or just casually with friends. Well, a bit back Eikelmann posted about how highly he thinks of all of you, I wanted to say that even as an outsider you're all awesome, enough so that I'd love to have a Ganon that could stand amongst and hell, that's my motivation for biting the bullet and going to Justice 4 tomorrow (where I will be completely and utterly destroyed) and then see what I can do and where I can go from there. So in short, I guess this is a thank you for all the Ganon mains who frequent this board for just being awesome

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
That post means a lot and I agree. The G boards.... and really all Ganon mains are cool af. I know there are lurkers and all of us that dump knowledge on here do it for them just as much as we do it for ourselves.

Also, I agree with Kage. F*ck self-centered top players that aren't willing to help, play friendlies, or even talk to newer guys. That's not what melee is about. We aren't just screen names on a monitor; we hang out and have fun above all else.... While helping each other deal with all these characters that are better than Ganon (NONE!!!). I guess it's pretty obvious that I only really respect top players that deserve it lol. #bannedmango #cantwaitform2ktoseemyavatar #harrypotter

Any lurkers, feel free to drop questions about Ganon. This is really an "ask anyone" thread. If there isn't a clear answer you will spark a good discussion. Some of the other boards just don't really care about helping others... f*ck that, this game is too old to withhold stuff that could be beneficial to others. We all love the game and the more you learn the more enjoyable it is.

Last edited:

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Ganon mains are the best.

I haven't used Ganon seriously in months but I still come to this thread more than any other thread on Smashboards cuz the people here are so awesome.

I think I'm gonna start using Ganon again. Too many characters are too fun in this game I can't choose a main XD

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
Practice immediate pivot bair out of a perfect waveland. Up until now I have only shared this with @ spider_sense spider_sense . NO ONE does this, and if you pivot fast enough, you keep the waveland momentum, so you're approaching with a bair quicker than you ever could normally. Do it out of a ledgedash too.

Pivot bair is really sick in general as it's faster than fair and can accomplish things a uair can't, so practice it.

You can do literally anything out of a waveland. I don't know where to begin.
Wavelands are keyyy! Getting better at fast wavelands but i cant moonwalk across the stage, but i can moonwalk

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Tech is hard. 99% of my Ganon is just spacing moves and hoping I don't **** up and SD.

I play Ganon like I play Captain Falcon in Brawl. Only with less Nair and more Fair.

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
I'm really aggressive with my Ganon. Like trying stupid combos i think of/watching YT for stuff. But mainly i try to make opposition slip up and punish with a SideSmash-JumpUpA (i call it the Pele)-BackA-Drop, jump and do JumpSideSmash.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
On that note
I've lurked here for quite a long time now and outside of chatting with Eikelmann once on the netplay irc and talking to nothing in Renth's stream a couple times I really haven't interacted with any of you.
That being said, the Ganon community is absolutely outstanding, enough so that you all are basically the reason why I'm starting to try to not suck. Melee is obviously an outstanding game and I'm competitive by nature but finding the time coupled with social anxiety has basically just kept me dabbling in it alone or on netplay or just casually with friends. Well, a bit back Eikelmann posted about how highly he thinks of all of you, I wanted to say that even as an outsider you're all awesome, enough so that I'd love to have a Ganon that could stand amongst and hell, that's my motivation for biting the bullet and going to Justice 4 tomorrow (where I will be completely and utterly destroyed) and then see what I can do and where I can go from there. So in short, I guess this is a thank you for all the Ganon mains who frequent this board for just being awesome
That's beautiful man. Thank you for making such a heartfelt post, and I'm SO GLAD YOU'RE GOING TO JUSTICE! <3 Please don't approach it with that kind of mindset. You've gotta understand that yes, while there's going to be tons of amazing players there, there will also be plenty of newer players for you to decimate, and plenty of people at your level that you'll have good matches with!

If you can find it within yourself, try to do dollar money matches with people that you've scouted out as being a good match. Play a ****ton of friendlies with absolutely everyone and anyone. Don't be afraid to ask for critique. It's very important that you be aware of how helpful the people around you can be.

Good luck dude.

On a sidenote, I'm a broken record, but I really do love each and every one of you. This little community/family of ours is just so awesome. Nothing like this really exists for any of the other characters. Quite the phenomenon.

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
What ace said about a lot of the top players being ***** is so true. A few examples of good players that WILL play matches with you are DoH, shroomed, HMW, scar, kage, etc. Obviously, there are many more, but I have personal experience with these players. These guys are all really cool and you can literally just hop onto a setup with any of them, no matter how good you are. They just want you to get better and will help you out, so shoutouts to them for being chill.

On the other hand, I couldn't even get a friendly in with mango when he was staying at my HOUSE, so that's super ****ty. I also tried to money match mew2king and he declined... lmao. Whatever dude, if you don't want an easy $5, be my guest lol.

I have yet to have any sort of problem with another ganon main.

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
That's beautiful man. Thank you for making such a heartfelt post, and I'm SO GLAD YOU'RE GOING TO JUSTICE! <3 Please don't approach it with that kind of mindset. You've gotta understand that yes, while there's going to be tons of amazing players there, there will also be plenty of newer players for you to decimate, and plenty of people at your level that you'll have good matches with!

If you can find it within yourself, try to do dollar money matches with people that you've scouted out as being a good match. Play a ****ton of friendlies with absolutely everyone and anyone. Don't be afraid to ask for critique. It's very important that you be aware of how helpful the people around you can be.

Good luck dude.

On a sidenote, I'm a broken record, but I really do love each and every one of you. This little community/family of ours is just so awesome. Nothing like this really exists for any of the other characters. Quite the phenomenon.
♥, I felt it was time to come from lurking with something
And that's the sort of mindset I have for everything competitive I do
I usually have the "going to get rekt so bad" mentality until the day of when it turns to "alright let's kick some ass"
but yeah
I went to a smashfest in the area tonight, someone who made it out of pools last Justice was there and while I feel like he was better he felt beatable so who knows
either way I'll find out tomorrow and I am looking forward to just playing in general
that being said, I don't have anything smaller than a $20 so I might have to get some smaller bills I didnt think of dollar money matches

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Random: some say you need several training partners to practice the multiple aspects of melee. Someone better than you (defense, the finer aspects of spacing), someone close to your level (understanding mindgames and adapting in neutral game), and someone below your level (combos, punish game). If you're new I think there's some truth to that depending on the matchup. It can get discouraging if you're trying to get used to Ganon in an established region.

Record whenever possible and post it here, you'll get good feedback.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
That post means a lot and I agree. The G boards.... and really all Ganon mains are cool af. I know there are lurkers and all of us that dump knowledge on here do it for them just as much as we do it for ourselves.

Also, I agree with Kage. F*ck self-centered top players that aren't willing to help, play friendlies, or even talk to newer guys. That's not what melee is about. We aren't just screen names on a monitor; we hang out and have fun above all else.... While helping each other deal with all these characters that are better than Ganon (NONE!!!). I guess it's pretty obvious that I only really respect top players that deserve it lol. #bannedmango #cantwaitform2ktoseemyavatar #harrypotter

Any lurkers, feel free to drop questions about Ganon. This is really an "ask anyone" thread. If there isn't a clear answer you will spark a good discussion. Some of the other boards just don't really care about helping others... f*ck that, this game is too old to withhold stuff that could be beneficial to others. We all love the game and the more you learn the more enjoyable it is.
I can't stand many sponsored players these days.. That self-love mentality kills me inside where all they care about is playing the elites or their own success without caring about how they got there in the first place. It's super frustrating that these kinds of players forgot where they come from initially. Even Mango mentioned that Hax only talks to you when he wants something, omg.. if you read Melee Social I had some real beef with him. And also the part where they think they are always right, that ticks me so hard. lol

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Those ego's.... lol. It's pretty funny to me. If someone is an arrogant d*ck to me or someone that is nice, sometimes I'll make a point to sh*t talk that person in a way that will make them feel embarrassed in front of the guy they picked on, or some of their friends LOL. I'll be trolling of course (and if they can't tell I'm trolling, I'll let them know that at some point so they aren't forever butthurt), and I never say anything THAT BAD but sometimes their reaction is priceless lol. I like reminding d*ckheads that they're no better than the rest of us LOL. Character flaw on my part? Oh well, lmao. It makes me laugh.

Last edited:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Those ego's.... lol. It's pretty funny to me. If someone is an arrogant d*ck to me or someone that is nice, sometimes I'll make a point to sh*t talk that person in a way that will make them feel embarrassed in front of the guy they picked on, or some of their friends LOL. I'll be trolling of course (and if they can't tell I'm trolling, I'll let them know that at some point so they aren't forever butthurt), and I never say anything THAT BAD but sometimes their reaction is priceless lol. I like reminding d*ckheads that they're no better than the rest of us LOL. Character flaw on my part? Oh well, lmao. It makes me laugh.
We all have flaws however it seems like some people cannot accept them as if they are perfect such as Perfect Fox, lolol. But the worst part is that you could provide a sound argument as to why they might be wrong but they won't listen. It's a dead end. >_<

Coastward

Smash Lord
some sponsored players are actually cool as **** because the tag doesnt go directly to their head.

hugs was cool as **** when we played, and even cooler when we chilled afterwards.

also, melee social is so cancerous.

GanonMaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dragmirejr
well, played yet another local today, aaand I used a lot of Peach on the toughest guys....

It worked! I've litterally practiced Peach for 2 hours and it is on level with my ganon lol. This makes me wanna dual main so hard xD

Still got 4th, since the tourney was stacked lol

Last edited:

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
I've actually never played anybody big. I have enough confidence to think if i did, i'd do good from being hyped for it lol. Also i've never met any of the sponsored guys, but i assume they're either nice, or would want nothing to do with my questions and such X3

GanonMaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dragmirejr
well, "stacked" local is one top two Norway and two top fifteen Norway. Also, everyone except one on our local PR was there :)

I actually played even with one of the top fifteen guys who mains Peach... with Peach x.x

Everyone else I did Ganon lol, the Top 2 guy three stocked my ganon twice with fox on Yoshis (will have some vids of it tomorrow... hopefully!)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I've actually never played anybody big. I have enough confidence to think if i did, i'd do good from being hyped for it lol. Also i've never met any of the sponsored guys, but i assume they're either nice, or would want nothing to do with my questions and such X3
Depends who.. There's all kinds of personalities. I, for one, will gladly play you a few games if you wish. Just need to have enough courage to ask ;).

well, "stacked" local is one top two Norway and two top fifteen Norway. Also, everyone except one on our local PR was there :)

I actually played even with one of the top fifteen guys who mains Peach... with Peach x.x

Everyone else I did Ganon lol, the Top 2 guy three stocked my ganon twice with fox on Yoshis (will have some vids of it tomorrow... hopefully!)
Well.. let's see it.

Top Bottom