• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Well he's right about one thing. Strong Bad's DK is hella free.

Also that comment about "western coast players" cracked me up good.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Lmao, im clearly an old man sitting on a wheelchair at this point...

Nah man I have just started!! My heart is eternal!! Kage of old is back!

Last edited:

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
the only ganondorfs that i haven't played before that have been noteworthy at one point in time for gameplay or knowledge are cho, st patrick, superspright, swizzyuk, dero, raffa, and whatisfear. i've played eddie, linguini, tipman, rockcrock and kage so i'm quite satisfied thusfar.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Aw I get a shout-out. I gotta play you. I'm trying to actually get good at the game now. I'm done just ****ing around. I need to start studying this **** inside and out. At least in my area Ganondorf is probably possible. My fluency with my movement is not perfect yet, and it bugs the **** out of me. Even a single mistake shouldn't really happen in a match--maybe a set. And by mistake I mean flubbed input.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
My tech skill is a$s. I can do basically every tech np (still perfecting shield drops) but my overall consistency blows. I go to bair and accidentally dair, accidentally warlock punch, fsmash, etc. **** that never really happened back in the day lol

I need a cube so I can practice basics again.

Not going to CEO this weekend, the ultimate reason being $50 to play some melee. spider_sense and I will be smashing Friday/sat, we MIGHT stream for the 3 ppl that would watch but probably not LOL.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
What's your method?
Grinding on level 1's for a certain degree of muscle memory for DI behind and just going for it in friendlies. Some habits are typical, but you don't want to get used to having your reads work out, then play someone new and whiff grabs... Just keep thinking reaction. As he's dthrowing my focus shifts from the center of Ganon (to see when the dthrow ends) to his chest/head level where I can see where falco pops up better.

You have to get used to the visual cues of partial DI vs fully holding left/right. The hardest part could be jc grabbing unnecessarily, like seeing no DI and thinking it was DI away (whiff jc grab), or whiffing pivot dash jc grab because all he did was DI slightly behind you. Turnaround grab takes some finesse when you're trying to react so quickly.

Other than that I pummel as much as possible lol.

Last edited:

Renth

Smash Hero
@ -ACE- -ACE- my tech sometimes is super crispy. Perfect 3 multi shines Into shine grab and a lot more (falco) and I mean... Sometimes..

More often my tech is average, when I use to falco ditto Bronson all the time my falco was sick ****. Now it's meh..

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
My tech skill is a$s. I can do basically every tech np (still perfecting shield drops) but my overall consistency blows. I go to bair and accidentally dair, accidentally warlock punch, fsmash, etc. **** that never really happened back in the day lol

Not going to CEO this weekend, the ultimate reason being $50 to play some melee. spider_sense and I will be smashing Friday/sat, we MIGHT stream for the 3 ppl that would watch but probably not LOL.
dude wtf. you know spectator fee for all 3 days is only 20 right? come play friendlies/do money matches/cheer on ganondorf homies. c'mon ):

@ S Superspright of course you do lol your posts are consistently amazing, and i know everyone on here would agree regardless of how much **** has been flung back and forth in the past.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Well gf johns sort of also. Not trying to leave her by herself all weekend. I have a lot of things I have to save for too. See you at Evo man.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
@ Renth Renth yeah I still have my days lol, I moonwalked across all of FD a few days ago after taking someone's stock. My wd is crisp I just hit the wrong freaking buttons so much, lol.

Edit: and that's ACTUALLY RockCrock this time, not me. Lol

Last edited:

Superspright

Smash Lord
Grinding on level 1's for a certain degree of muscle memory for DI behind and just going for it in friendlies. Some habits are typical, but you don't want to get used to having your reads work out, then play someone new and whiff grabs... Just keep thinking reaction. As he's dthrowing my focus shifts from the center of Ganon (to see when the dthrow ends) to his chest/head level where I can see where falco pops up better.

You have to get used to the visual cues of partial DI vs fully holding left/right. The hardest part could be jc grabbing unnecessarily, like seeing no DI and thinking it was DI away (whiff jc grab), or whiffing pivot dash jc grab because all he did was DI slightly behind you. Turnaround grab takes some finesse when you're trying to react so quickly.

Other than that I pummel as much as possible lol.
I watched a video about how Fox is [even] more viable than we think because his laser is actually the strongest refresh mechanic in the game. I never thought of it that way--and then it occurred to me that even if you can't land a perfect CG if you just get 6 grabs and 4 pummels you've reset nearly everything, and early finishers are back online. It pays to at least know how to do it 4-5 times and land a few pummels. Ganondorf isn't done yet. He just needs so much damn polish, and honestly I feel like we're all attacking it very differently, and there must be some optimal way to play him, but I think we all disagree. So far not many can even shield-drop consistently in pressure, or even if they can use more options than uair. We're not as fluent as we should be in the pressure game. UP-B is under utilized in the neutral, and as a punish from whiffed stuff. It's the biggest grab in the game for a frame, it can be edge-canceled, and it looks like a jump squat. You almost couldn't ask for more. As for the CG it is integral to the 'perfect' Ganondorf. If you aren't doing it/trying it then you probably should put him away. His potential lies a lot in that grab game.

Last edited:

Superspright

Smash Lord
@ S Superspright of course you do lol your posts are consistently amazing, and i know everyone on here would agree regardless of how much **** has been flung back and forth in the past.
I think most don't take me too seriously unless they know me, and I often lurk super hard on here and just post-bomb the **** out of the place randomly when I am manic, or profoundly inebriated on a myriad of fantastic substances.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Up-b is the ****. In dittos, you can literally leave yourself open or even act like you flubbed something, and just up-b the incoming fair. You always win lol.

While being edgeguarded, I give spacies Hell that are afraid to go all out. You can punish whiffed ftilt on reaction with up-b, and techchase with the next one if they're pissed enough to techroll to the ledge. Top players always get you but if you space the up-b correctly (holding straight up and not forward at all helps generally) it forces them to be precise at least.

Last edited:

Bwmat

Smash Ace
\While being edgeguarded, I give spacies Hell that are afraid to go all out. You can punish whiffed ftilt on reaction with up-b, and techchase with the next one if they're pissed enough to techroll to the ledge. Top players always get you but if you space the up-b correctly (holding straight up and not forward at all helps generally) it forces them to be precise at least.
???
You mean if a spacy is trying to edgeguard you with ftilt and misses? up-b them from the ledge?I don't get it.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
???
You mean if a spacy is trying to edgeguard you with ftilt and misses? up-b them from the ledge?I don't get it.
While recovering, drift away from ftilt range (bait it) and hit up-b as soon as you see the ftilt (miss). Ftilt bodies Ganon so lots of falcos are hungry for it.

Bwmat

Smash Ace
I see, when coming from above.

I usually get ftilted when coming from below with up-b already, I guess I'm good at avoiding it from above cause I usually don't notice it landing much(or I play against noobs).

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Lol if Kels cant beat MDZ.. wtf.
To be fair, MDZ has suddenly gotten far stronger than he ever was before. He took our last monthly over Zoso, Crush, th0rn and other top players here in New England that normally beat him. In fact, I don't think he has even beaten Zoso in years.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
So far not many can even shield-drop consistently in pressure, or even if they can use more options than uair.
I consistently shield drop under pressure. But I rarely use options other than uair. I can't think of anything better. Maybe bair if they are under you. But other than that, I either uair or do nothing.

Up-b is the ****. In dittos, you can literally leave yourself open or even act like you flubbed something, and just up-b the incoming fair. You always win lol.
lol wtf I'm going to remember this for this weekend. I'll be seeing YOU @ Divinokage Divinokage in VT. I'll MM in the ditto on stream ;)

Last edited:

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
Hey I'm alive! So I've been trying to play Gannon's grabs more lately. I'm finding it easier to grab into tech roll punish than landing a hit sometimes. Up b for shields ! my basic strategy is if I can lock someone in their shield on platform I might just up b it instead of trying to shield poke or catch a shield drop. Also how is everyone!?

YvngFlameHoe

Smash Ace

I'll watch

Top Bottom