• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
While recovering, drift away from ftilt range (bait it) and hit up-b as soon as you see the ftilt (miss). Ftilt bodies Ganon so lots of falcos are hungry for it.
Yes! Thank you for mentioning this. I only JUST realized that it was happening to me when I re-watched an old video of mine. After up-b grab at zero, drift away and catch them again. They'll ftilt like scrubs, you'll get them and it'll knock them down, which gives you enough time to recover again.

Doesn't work on marth though lol.

@ cptjiggles69 cptjiggles69 what upppp man. Been a while. Yea, the up-b command grab is amazing. I barely ever whiff it and the only way out is to jump, so it leaves you the option to up air once they get used to your up-b shenanigans. EZ$.

@ Divinokage Divinokage didn't MDZ beat you once before? Lol I know you ****ed him up the last two sets you played, but he's obviously not bad. He got fourth today I think, losing to Vro and Kelly. Forgot who else he lost to... come to think of it, he may have placed third. Whatever. Shoutouts to Vro.

@ -ACE- -ACE- I'd watch the **** out of that.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Hey I'm alive! So I've been trying to play Gannon's grabs more lately. I'm finding it easier to grab into tech roll punish than landing a hit sometimes. Up b for shields ! my basic strategy is if I can lock someone in their shield on platform I might just up b it instead of trying to shield poke or catch a shield drop. Also how is everyone!?
get out.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
dude i didn't check the registrant list until just now. HYPE i'm so glad you're going

RockCrock too according to the entrants list
i'll believe it when i see it.

good luck at CEO to whoevers going. the ultimate ganondorf test.
i'd like to remind us all that this is the first time a top 3 ganondorf from outside of florida has come to a big florida event to compete since 2005 when eddie attended (and won) mlg orlando. this is likely to be one of the greatest tests that bizz has ever encountered depending on which florida player he encounters. considering that gahtzu (one of my training partners) is in his pool, i'm really curious how it will go.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Ghatzu will be too much for bizz $10.

But... Go Ganon of course.

I'll talk to spidey about streaming. Might be too late unless I catch Blea before he leaves for CEO

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
It's called 2005 lol. If only I could go back 2001 with the Ganon I have now... Lmao. Ganon would be at the top of the tier list for 2 years minimum and sheik would be second within one year. Ganon winning every tournament would just be insane.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
i'd like to remind us all that this is the first time a top 3 ganondorf from outside of florida has come to a big florida event to compete since 2005 when eddie attended (and won) mlg orlando. this is likely to be one of the greatest tests that bizz has ever encountered depending on which florida player he encounters. considering that gahtzu (one of my training partners) is in his pool, i'm really curious how it will go.
I never heard of MLG Orlando 2005 before this so I decided to look it up to see who was there.

Apparently it was just Eddie

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I think bizarro can beat gahtzu
Sure he can. Bizz is awesome, just saying. Ghatzu has gotten a lot better since that time he 5-0'd darkrain.

Edit: LMAO that page really makes it look like only Eddie showed up to MLG Orlando 2005. Talk about EZ$

Results were probably
1. Eddie
2. Zelgadis
3. Plaink

LOL

Last edited:

Superspright

Smash Lord
That's a match-up that I am not really that familiar with. Stuffing the waveland is important, but hard against someone of abate's caliber. Luigi can land double aerials I believe, and his bair/dair approaches are nigh unpunishable if spaced right. I don't think grab combos work here either (you always trade with nair), but I may be wrong. Edge-guarding him is straight cake. If you aren't doing it 100% of the time, or nearly then you just need more practice. Few recoveries are more linear. His tilt game isn't bad either if done right. I feel like Kage actually has a good perspective on the match-up and I'm sure his input will be a lot more helpful. I've pretty much never seen him lose to a luigi which helps his case in arguing the match-up.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Abate (ab8 lol) is so good, good luck man.

I'm very interested in the Bizz / Ghatzu set. Bizz has very weird results vs. falcons. He can beat s2j, but drops sets to NMW... I don't get it. We'll see if Ghatzu is familiar enough with the matchup with Ian's experience and can adapt to Bizz's play style.

Yeee goddamn right Eddie won MLG Orlando. Fast forward 10 years and he gets 4 stocked by yours truly, a mediocre (by today's standards) midwest ganon player.

If I had a time machine, I'd go back and **** up everyone's **** with the big man... after making my fortune via the sports almanac as seen in Back to the Future of course lawl.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Well, Luigi's speed can be deceptive even to a veteran of the matchup. They won't always be approaching with a perfect wd (and there is a significant deference in speed/distance covered between a perfect wd and the next 2-3 angles closest to perfect) so everything has to be based on reaction. It's possible to keep him completely spaced out if you REALLY don't leave yourself open. Like any L-canceled fair less than half of the length of FD from luigi is unsafe. Wavelanding in neutral is great.

The jab is a Godsend. Ftilts are easily punished as soon as you get repetitive. AC bair to pivot jab/ftilt too good. Ground game is crucial, weegee wd usmash eats almost any sh approach or retreating aerial. Don't let him get under your bair (full retreat/ff).

Turn every hit into 2 hits every time he misses his DI (uair) every time you can.

Be careful with grab and always dthrow uair/pivot uair. If you shield a bair turnaround grab the spot dodge or get utilted.

Edgeguarding... Go out there and punch him. They love relying on people not challenging the side-b or going out there and whiffing the hit. Don't be one of those guys. If he's used his jump just stomp the side-b, and stomp or Eikeldrop the tornado.

Disclaimer: I have played Blea a lot over the past 2 years and although I haven't got the tourney W yet, I understand the mu and what my game lacks (mostly good tech). Also I've borderline dual mained luigi for 8 years lol. Good luck.

Last edited:

megacrusher9999

Smash Cadet
I've played many of the best luigis. Do not hesitate on your edge guards and don't be fooled by his floaty air movement or you will get neutral aired out of combo. Even if you just go out and try to hit Luigi offstage the Luigi will usually suicide because he's a bad character. If he wave dashes around a lot spam jab.

megacrusher9999

Smash Cadet
The matchup is sort of funny.

Also if Luigi gets close to you and does his off stage getback then it is flaming and makes the jigglypuff KO sound so space wisely.

megacrusher9999

Smash Cadet
I think rock crock will be the highest placing ganon at ceo. Bizarro is now off the western coast so he will have his hands full. Eikel man might do very well but he also might do bad.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Just never let him feel comfortable in the neutral. He functions a lot like us: give us room and you'll pay.

tm

Smash Ace

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya my Luigi Xp pretty much comes from Ka-master. I played 31 sets of best of 5s every single one. Ended up 17-14 in my advantage. Could try to give pointers but what exactly do you need?

Renth

Smash Hero
Know when Luigi is going to try to wave dash through/past you, it's a great time to throw a surprise b air. It makes for bad DI for them and awesome opportunities for you.

Top Bottom