• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
DUDE WHAT. First, Eddie comes out on Saturday and now TIPMAN??? Yo revenge of the old school. Tipman's little techs are still so crispy. What a boss.

edit: loving the up smash on fox's approaches. Is anyone else seeing this guy?

Last edited:

spider_sense

Smash Champion
lol funny thing is I've always thought to myself that up-smash oos would be devastating against the spacies, especially when they try to up-b right at you. Speaking of which; does anybody know any applicable uses for up-smash oos? And yeah; it's always great to see Tipman randomly showing up and murking. Guini was supposed to show, but he flaked. lol

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Haha surprise, surprise. Would've been cool to have the two of them there. Up smash oos? I haven't ever used it on purpose... lol. It's kind of funny though, if I try to uair too fast, sometimes I'll get the up smash, and it's actually really good when they're baiting out the uair. So like, they bait out the up air, I fall for the bait, but then screw up and up smash instead and they get hit. Yea, I'm that good.

It's situational as all hell, but I think it's actually a good choice, better than the standard up air, when you're caught in the fox hole on pokemon stadium. The better ganons should experiment with it and see what they find! I'd be curious to see if it has any practical applications because ganon's up smash is my favorite move.

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Linguini is flakier than rice crispies on a Sunday Afternoon.

I always charge an up-smash after they don't DI my dair. Really satisfying.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Usmash is def good if you read the approach. That crotch blast hitbox priority and kb power/trajectory is so beast.

In dittos, if you read a ledgedash, yolo a usmash right where the waveland would stop. Usually a KO via edgeguard results. Situational but NASTY.

Last edited:

SwiftNinjaBlackMan

Smash Apprentice
ok so i went to a tournament yesterday, and ALOT of people came AND I MEAN ALOT i played green ranger like 3 times and took him down to 1 stock the only thing that got me was DK's up airs... like i could not avoid them at all he would up throw up air like 5 times i would DI to the left right and up and nothing worked. Is there anyway to avoid this besides saying avoid getting grabbed?

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
ok so i went to a tournament yesterday, and ALOT of people came AND I MEAN ALOT i played green ranger like 3 times and took him down to 1 stock the only thing that got me was DK's up airs... like i could not avoid them at all he would up throw up air like 5 times i would DI to the left right and up and nothing worked. Is there anyway to avoid this besides saying avoid getting grabbed?
Nebulous? I was there yesterday and played the worst I have played in my life, enough so that I barely bothered with friendlies for most of the night because I was so on tilt

tm

Smash Ace
You have to DI his cargo uthrow behind him (and keep DIing behind). That way he can only get like 1 uair and 1 bair generally.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I turned 31 today and still love this game and Ganondorf. Time to DI some beer combos IN. YEEEEEEEEEEAH!! Wish I could party with all of you

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
Alright, i have more money than i thought i did, now just need to find a way there. Hopefully it'll work and i can meet some awesome Ganons =3

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
Really? i thought i was the only ganon in there if your going this weekend ill see you there
Yeah, like I said I spent more time on tilt than playing friendlies
plus the place was wayyyyy to full with the melee games stuff and all

I'll try to make it next week but dnd **** usually keeps me from going to nebulous on saturdays
also, if you're looking to play and near yonkers we have fests every friday

I turned 31 today and still love this game and Ganondorf. Time to DI some beer combos IN. YEEEEEEEEEEAH!! Wish I could party with all of you
Happy birthday
honestly the thing I'm looking forward to the most is apex and meeting whichever ganons go (assuming I find them)

SwiftNinjaBlackMan

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, like I said I spent more time on tilt than playing friendlies
plus the place was wayyyyy to full with the melee games stuff and all

I'll try to make it next week but dnd **** usually keeps me from going to nebulous on saturdays
also, if you're looking to play and near yonkers we have fests every friday

Happy birthday
honestly the thing I'm looking forward to the most is apex and meeting whichever ganons go (assuming I find them)
All i know is that Bizzarro and Kage are doing a money match i cant wait to see that in person ^_^

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
@ SwiftNinjaBlackMan SwiftNinjaBlackMan tm has the right idea for DI behind, however, if you get grabbed near the edge, DI off stage (even if it's in front). It sounds weird, but it's really safe and there's not a whole lot DK can do to you off stage.

Taken straight from Ripple, the DK main for ~6 years.

And happy birthday Dave! November birthdays. WHADDUP. DI a shot of that firewater in for me if you're still alive.

Last edited:

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
All i know is that Bizzarro and Kage are doing a money match i cant wait to see that in person ^_^
looking forward to (hopefully) losing my voice during the salty suite
my break is in 2 weeks, so ill have some free time to level up and ****. im also gonna try and make a combo video for all the ganondorfs.

i dont know how many of you may know it, but im planning on using this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE0UB1eEGB4
or you could use some wildly unfitting and out of place song
ALSO, are you guys down to get a "ganondorf room" for apex?
it'd be great to chill in but, assuming this invitation is directed at me, which I doubt, I'm a relatively stand-offish person and I'm pretty big on breaks from people and silence so I was most likely going to get a room for myself alone
that being said I also haven't booked or price checked most of that yet so that's still all up in the air and a thing I should probably take care of

oh, and on the subject of lesser-known matchups
what the **** do you do against a yoshi I was so lost when I had to play one

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Happy birthday Dave! I already know you downed a bunch of beers and got lit up. lol Have a good one bud.

So I just got back from playing Tipman in a few sets, he showed me some crazy things with Ganon; he really needs to start playing again. I got 3 new techs I have to work on now because of him lol.

Top Bottom