• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

spider_sense

Smash Champion
god damn some of the ganons are old. who will still be playing this game when they're 30?
Why should that even matter? Ever heard of Daigo, Valle, Mike Ross? Spooky? All amazing players in their 30's (30 isn't even old imo; you're pretty much on the top of your game at 30) Also Captain Falcon is 35 and look at that guy. lol

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
I hope I'm still playing this game when I'm 30
and when I'm 40
hell, I hope to keep playing **** for the rest of my life if I can, why not

SwiftNinjaBlackMan

Smash Apprentice
looking forward to (hopefully) losing my voice during the salty suite

or you could use some wildly unfitting and out of place song

it'd be great to chill in but, assuming this invitation is directed at me, which I doubt, I'm a relatively stand-offish person and I'm pretty big on breaks from people and silence so I was most likely going to get a room for myself alone
that being said I also haven't booked or price checked most of that yet so that's still all up in the air and a thing I should probably take care of

oh, and on the subject of lesser-known matchups
what the **** do you do against a yoshi I was so lost when I had to play one
All i do when i face a yoshi is try to get a chaingrab going for me after that.... im finished..... i start throwing out random attacks

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
All i do when i face a yoshi is try to get a chaingrab going for me after that.... im finished..... i start throwing out random attacks
I'm pretty ashamed I didnt know about the CG at the time, I do the regrab on Marth to 15 which everyone I play with finds weird but I didnt know about an apparently much easier CG on yoshi
but yeah that sums out how the match went, I lost

shoutouts to @ Laharl's_Wrath Laharl's_Wrath for being the only ganon to reg for apex so far LOL
Goddamnit get on that ****

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
ALSO, are you guys down to get a "ganondorf room" for apex?
this is always my favourite idea every national/international, but it'll never work out because of people like tm that confirm their hotel room early like squares.

Bizz won't do it
sure he will. at least bizz has left his own state for smash. :rolleyes:

i'll register today, hopefully.

Last edited:

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Why should that even matter? Ever heard of Daigo, Valle, Mike Ross? Spooky? All amazing players in their 30's (30 isn't even old imo; you're pretty much on the top of your game at 30) Also Captain Falcon is 35 and look at that guy. lol
oh well that was actually a legitimate question, although i can see why it'd be taken as rhetorical. it doesn't matter, but it's interesting to think about. most of us here are in our teens or early twenties so the prospect of playing this game in ten years is both scary and exciting.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Well most of us that are older have been playing a long time and put work and social life above melee. This is also the only game i play. Do I see myself playing in 10 years? Lol only when I visit old smash homies for sh*ts and giggles. It's just a great game.

Renth

Smash Hero
Well most of us that are older have been playing a long time and put work and social life above melee. This is also the only game i play. Do I see myself playing in 10 years? Lol only when I visit old smash homies for sh*ts and giggles. It's just a great game.
Yep. I'll rarely leave Gainesville anymore.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Last weekend in Montreal, I definitely had a rude awakening about how there's certain players always trying to improve every single day while I'm here and playing if I'm lucky twice a week. The skill difference is getting even more absurd as the time goes on and the top players are playing constantly. It's too tough to maintain that kind of speed and mindgames at the same time if you eventually receive free damage or just kill yourself. Man, I'm sad, I got owned by Weon-x.. because of that. It's also Fox.. but still.

Yort

Smash Apprentice
Last weekend in Montreal, I definitely had a rude awakening about how there's certain players always trying to improve every single day while I'm here and playing if I'm lucky twice a week. The skill difference is getting even more absurd as the time goes on and the top players are playing constantly. It's too tough to maintain that kind of speed and mindgames at the same time if you eventually receive free damage or just kill yourself. Man, I'm sad, I got owned by Weon-x.. because of that. It's also Fox.. but still.
The grind has become too real.

A year or two from now all the people who joined in the melee boom like my friends and I who sit around practicing for hours and hours every single day will surpass the old players that have lost interest.

It sucks if you've lost the motivation to grind, because there are many people who have it and are using it to surpass the old generation.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
The grind has become too real.

A year or two from now all the people who joined in the melee boom like my friends and I who sit around practicing for hours and hours every single day will surpass the old players that have lost interest.

It sucks if you've lost the motivation to grind, because there are many people who have it and are using it to surpass the old generation.
It's not that exactly. It's just that if I do play, I always play with players worse than me and that doesn't really help me think of new strategies or anything like that. I'm not that smart as a player and as I said I'd be lucky to even play with the top players these days. =P It's just the community situation here.

Coastward

Smash Lord
It's not that exactly. It's just that if I do play, I always play with players worse than me and that doesn't really help me think of new strategies or anything like that. I'm not that smart as a player and as I said I'd be lucky to even play with the top players these days. =P It's just the community situation here.
come to toronto more to play against those top level players you thirst for. you can grind out on weon-x and KK and everyone else. i still think QC is better than TO.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I'm itching to go to a national. Pre-registration is impossible though since I never know when I'll be off work. But MLG was legit (got to hang out with FL homies and meet/play bizz) except for A SPECTATOR PASS WOULDN'T LET ME SPECTATE MELEE. A $250 VIP pass nonetheless. Shoutouts to my favorite player from Texas (arc) for finding me a players wristband. Arc/mojo/pawl are all cool dudes. If I have a good bit of time off I'll fly out to another big tourney.

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
I'm still not sure if I'll be able to get off work for apex but that didn't stop my signing up

that being said, I really only need the friday off as it's only a couple hours away
absolute worst case scenario I miss day one and lose out on the $15 for melee singles and drive out after work friday night to spectate and play friendlies

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
absurd as in the skill difference is growing to favor the top level players by bigger margins? and what do you mean by "if you eventually receive fee damage or just kill yourself"?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Kage means there are more and more people breaking through the barrier from "above average" to high level through their dedication (it's awesome that melee has caught it's second wind), and since he doesn't get the same practice he used to get its hard to keep up, and some players are getting openings on him when they normally wouldn't. That's how I interpreted it. I may finally be semi-fluent in kage speak now. Lol

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice

Rate my ganon guys? :D tell me what i do wrong.

just **** I noticed with regards to the fox match, hopefully people will correct me if I'm wrong about ****:
lot of rolling infront of him, ganon's roll may be good but I was expecting a lot more than ftilt punishes, especially seeing how scary fox's grab is

way too much wizkick

you go for a tech chase off a dthrow with it at 70ish percent, it's likely the people I play but I really like upthrow at percents lower than 90 if I'm going for the foot and not another tech chase and already sort of made up my mind about it, idk I find it easier to time but you do have to be wary of DI on the throw....I think? Idk hopefully someone better can comment on this I just really like mixing in upthrow against fox

approaching fair scares me, personally, but then agains how do you approach fox? I like waveland tilts or grabs or even dsmash but not sure of the viability....but yeah...ganon...approaching....I dont think the two mesh well

not enough uair edgeguards, I'm pretty sure it's ganon's best option always forever because the tipman is just so good and even if it's not it feels so good and, yknow, option coverage

I also think more jabs and bairs would be good

idk
hopefully someone says if my feedback is **** or not

also
anyone have advice for a recording setup because I'm tired of not being able to go back and watch myself for ****ups plus getting advice from more than just the people around me when playing would be nice

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
I'm still angry about how poorly I played last Nebulous I've had such a strengthened vigor to work on **** and improve
internalized anger is the best motivation

edit: above is with regards to wanting that ganon stuff leaked

Last edited:
Top Bottom