• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
Well, everything else is a formality. Barring some huge issue(s), i can say i'm officially going to APEX =3 i'm so hyped it's unreal. Hope to see my Ganons there X3

GanonMaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dragmirejr
I'm gonna host a melee/smashU round robin with some locals on saturday. melee will be streamed on my channel and rank #2, #3, #6, #10 and#11 is confirmed :)

www.twitch.tv/dragmirejr 1 PM CEST on saturday. all the matches will be streamed ^^

EDIT: I'm rank #4 locally, but I know I can beat both of the guys over me. #3 hopefully with ganon :D

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
YoOoOoOoOoOoO i'm registered for apex! see you guys there. can't wait to meet up with you guys <3333333

IF YOU PLAY GANONDORF AND YOU'RE GOING TO BE AT APEX, SAY HELLO. I WANT SIGNATURES FROM ALL OF YOU IN MY GANONDORF BOOK
ganondorf picture too, we forgot that at big house and im upset.

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
Is the book very Ganon-esq? I was inspired by a signed poster where I play friendlies and wanted to get a ganon poster signed by ganons I've played but...well I can't find a poster I like so I'm contemplating either dropping the idea or exploring alternatives

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Kage means there are more and more people breaking through the barrier from "above average" to high level through their dedication (it's awesome that melee has caught it's second wind), and since he doesn't get the same practice he used to get its hard to keep up, and some players are getting openings on him when they normally wouldn't. That's how I interpreted it. I may finally be semi-fluent in kage speak now. Lol
Lol I suppose so. =P

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
YoOoOoOoOoOoO i'm registered for apex! see you guys there. can't wait to meet up with you guys <3333333

IF YOU PLAY GANONDORF AND YOU'RE GOING TO BE AT APEX, SAY HELLO. I WANT SIGNATURES FROM ALL OF YOU IN MY GANONDORF BOOK
An autograph? Why of course loyal fan =3 it shall read "Hana, knocked out of first round in Smash 4". Though i won't be entering Melee, i'll be down for friendlies after the aforementioned elimination (wait to shoot). I'm not that much of a jerk to be that way about a signature though, in all seriousness.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Kage it sounds like you have to incorporate better mixups. If I'm understanding correctly. Look at how people react whenever you commit to an aerial and make accommodations from there. You got this.

@Bizzarro Flame - $20 sounds good. I'm going to Paragon in Orlando, you guys should definitely come out to that. I'm training to go ham in that tournament.

Last edited:

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Double post - About the 3 techs; they aren't secret, and I'm pretty sure you guys already know what they are. I'm just trying to make them practical. Anyways, the first one is running up-smash oos (when people are on the platform and Ganon is below them and you think they might fall through with an aerial) Also, one thing I think works is whenever you dair someone, but they don't pop up, you can upsmash oos on the last active frame of your dair, you'll be able to hit them with both hits of the upsmash. I'm not entirely sure if this is DI dependent or not since I always forget about it whenever I play friendlies and go for my usual set up which would either be jab or d-tilt.

The second one is pretty much using the ledge cancel from the BF platforms and right when the ledge cancel ends you double jump immediately and you should be able to waveland from there. Pretty simple actually but something I want to get down and make practical.

Third one is perfect wavelanding with Ganon and making him pivot of the last frame and grab the ledge (I think Renth actually does this but I'm not sure how often) but this tech should be explored more for sure.

Side note for the upsmash oos - Apparently if you're super fast enough; you should be able to jc grab after a upsmash. Tipman told me to try it out, not too sure how I can get this to work, but whatever I'll try it since Tipman told me too lol. I swear that guy is a living embodiment of 20XX.

No stream from VS this week, I think they were having technical issues. Sorry about that guys. :/

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Also, one thing I think works is whenever you dair someone, but they don't pop up, you can upsmash oos on the last active frame of your dair, you'll be able to hit them with both hits of the upsmash.
This works??? I know you can get the double hit on up smash if they miss tech, but I didn't know you had enough time after a dair. Game changer.

The second one is pretty much using the ledge cancel from the BF platforms and right when the ledge cancel ends you double jump immediately and you should be able to waveland from there. Pretty simple actually but something I want to get down and make practical.
Try side b on the top platform, edge cancel, immediate double jump, waveland on top again. A variation of what you said, not sure about usability, but cool nonetheless.

Side note for the upsmash oos - Apparently if you're super fast enough; you should be able to jc grab after a upsmash. Tipman told me to try it out, not too sure how I can get this to work, but whatever I'll try it since Tipman told me too lol. I swear that guy is a living embodiment of 20XX.
Wat. Try this and let us know. That sounds amazing. I can only imagine the amount of noise that would be going on in the background if this was commentated / on stream.

Side note: ganon dittos between Ian and Ranch below! I'm creeping in, hope they don't mind :0

http://www.twitch.tv/ranchaholic

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
okay, jason has got me doing up smash after every dair now LOL.

mixup game is now on a new scale. this **** is fun, you can get marth to 70% with 2 moves LMAO.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
@PseudoTurtle - You don't even have to double jump after the side - b, the single hop works better and faster imo, plus there's no risk of having someone go nuts on you because you used your double jump. I'm glad you've been messing around with the upsmash, **** is hilarious man.

I finally got the double jump off the ledge cancel tech down last night with Clay (Porkchops); he was thinking I could use it as a viable edge guard against spacies to cover the high and low parts of Battlefield.

Coastward

Smash Lord
That might.give marth 70% but dair into nair then platform techchase gives you a KO opportunity.
well, if i do it on a platform on yoshi's, then its a kill 100%.

but im obviously not gonna keep going for usmash, it's super situational and DI dependant for the 70%.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
are you sure you'll be up to it? a genetically inferior individual such as yourself might have a lot of trouble going from florida to new york.

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
@ Coastward Coastward I'm going to point out some things that I noticed you did in your match.

• You threw out a lot of moves preemptively.
  • You got scared into your shield a lot
  • You would fair in neutral and the Sheik would dash away and back in and grab you.
  • You would jump while Sheik is below you and you would get punished.
  • You attacked Sheik from the ledge when you were not in range to hit her with your upair
  • You double-jumped a lot in neutral to attack Sheik.
  • Your punishes on Sheik ended prematurely or were not sufficient enough to get her off stage.
  • You attack Sheik's shield predictably in a lot of situations, getting you shield-grabbed.
I would suggest next time you play, you should focus on what you are doing. In friendlies, catch yourself every time you do a preemptive move and when you're not reacting to your opponent. Once you start to see how you're playing while you are playing, you can adjust yourself accordingly and then start focusing on what your opponent is doing. Disguise the fact that you're trying to react to your opponent by dash dancing. Basically, I will sum up your play in 3 words: Be less predictable.

Coastward

Smash Lord
@ Coastward Coastward I'm going to point out some things that I noticed you did in your match.

• You threw out a lot of moves preemptively.
  • You got scared into your shield a lot
  • You would fair in neutral and the Sheik would dash away and back in and grab you.
  • You would jump while Sheik is below you and you would get punished.
  • You attacked Sheik from the ledge when you were not in range to hit her with your upair
  • You double-jumped a lot in neutral to attack Sheik.
  • Your punishes on Sheik ended prematurely or were not sufficient enough to get her off stage.
  • You attack Sheik's shield predictably in a lot of situations, getting you shield-grabbed.
I would suggest next time you play, you should focus on what you are doing. In friendlies, catch yourself every time you do a preemptive move and when you're not reacting to your opponent. Once you start to see how you're playing while you are playing, you can adjust yourself accordingly and then start focusing on what your opponent is doing. Disguise the fact that you're trying to react to your opponent by dash dancing. Basically, I will sum up your play in 3 words: Be less predictable.
half of the things you suggested was things i improved on later that day, but i was for sure very predictable and i didnt attempt to fix it during the set. i need to be more aware of my own play more.

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
@ -ACE- -ACE- if anything happens to be within driving distance any chance I can swing by and potentially leech some knowledge firsthand while you're in NY

Top Bottom