• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Tch.. am i the only one, not tech happy? lol.

Edit: The last thing I want to do right now is be close-minded by my own things. Though I'm not sure what new things could there be?

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
hey i wanna improve my ganon play,what are the basics with him?

also,is any other way of recovering from the ledge other than rolling/ledge jump-airdodge/up+b? cuz i cant make work uair from the ledge,i just fall off and up+b again,and if i fair just die -_-

also,i need some approach ideas,ganon is sooo slow, and i cant get the hang of his speed(main captain)
Spacing. Spacing is really important for Ganon. He's not really a comboing character. After a couple hits (spacing!) it's usually edgeguarding time. Reverse Uair are pretty ****. If they try to recover high then put a bair in their stupid face :laugh:

And don't give up that ledge-hop uair. It's really, really nice to have.

I've seen a bunch of Ganon's ledgehop->down-b or side-b. You don't necessarily have to waveland the ledge-hop. Use all your options but more importantly use them well.

As far as approach ideas go...Short waveland?
Personally I let my opponents do the approaching and hit them with a retreating fair, or full jump over them if possible and punish accordingly.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Kye whats your AIM? I had my buddy list wiped from a long time ago. You should already know mine, TommyTipper123.

Word Spider I haven't seen your Ganon though I'll be on Youtube in a minute looking for it. The short hop wave land if you didn't already notice is easier when your initial jump or double jump is forward. That balled up jump helps get the wave land and platform dash down better. Though when jumping back fast falling seems to help a lot. I'm not sure if I can do it without fast falling.

Looshkin You make a great point. I have always believed that and I've always been a advocate for the simpler things. I just feel if you don't have all the techs down why not put them into some practice at least? You can switch it up all day with on or two techs or moves but why not add one more to the arsenal? That's something that has always kept me interested in this game because that one more thing just seems to be applicable somewhere in the match.

-TIP, ask around n!gga.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Yeah, it's really tricky, but I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. Though I'm still having problems with shorthops wavelands, or at least being really consistent with them.
Jason I really wish I could promise you that we could play before I leave but... :(

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
I gotta PM you some new tricks... Keep it on the low.

:uzi:
I'm british, and I'm the only ganon main I've ever seen in tournament... There's no-one to learn any tricks from
Help your ganon brother from across the seas?

Linguini

Smash Master
I vote the way of the warrior.
Ganon all the way.

I'm having a lot of trouble approaching a campy fox.
I can deal with falco lasers as long as they're not ridiculous at lockdown, but fox can keep running away and I can't do anything about it.

should i just avoid final d? lol.

chaddd told me that fox really can't do anything to retreating sh fair, but if i just eat lasers all day, one tap will kill me.
All ganon is the way to go!

Anyways in regards to fox usually hes going to make a small hit on you and run away if he's a campy one. What your going to have to do is predict where hes gong to run away to and get there before he can pull out his pea shooter. The fist should be in his face before he knows it.
What ive seen time and time again are foxes that chill and camp on one side,wait for the ganon to approach with a fair and simply nair through it. Switch up the timing on your aerials, slow them down, double jump, whatever you need to do to **** up fox's timing.Dont make wavelands predictable, make sure not to do it often, because they'll use the wait nair technique.

Im going to release some really broken **** vs fox out to you guys so listen up. From 1-25% cc to jab completely fcks up fox's approach(except for dair) and can lead into grabs or fairs, trust me, sometimes it even disregards the shine. This can also be done with grabs.

Yeah, it's really tricky, but I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. Though I'm still having problems with shorthops wavelands, or at least being really consistent with them.
Don't tarry yourself with that ****, once you get your smarts up incorporate it but for now just get your matchup exp. up.
Kye, jason, good luck at gigs; wish i could come along.
****in sat's

spider_sense

Smash Champion
lol, Yeah, I'mma do my very best at Gigs, but I'm going solely for exp. It's the perfect training if you ask me. I'll make ya' proud Tipman Jr.

@ Travis. lol, it's cool mang, just let me know when you're free and we'll try to get some matches in whenever you're down. :)

@ Mr. Tipman. Yo these are really bad vids of me, but you might like them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqxI_026h0s&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG82RAZ5IPU&feature=related

P.S Go to youtube and type in "Jason Gannon" You should come across more vids from the set.

Magus420

Smash Master
It's not new, but it is really useful. If you hold the stick in the proper spot down and behind you can be both CCing and jabbing at the same time without needing to move the stick. I use CC jab against CF's n-airs as well. You can try to jab him out of the n-air, and even if you whiff the 1st jab or do it too late just mash A when you get hit while holding that down & behind position and you'll jab him inbetween the 1st and 2nd hits of his n-air. Works the same way with other attacks that aren't too powerful and if you mess up hitting them out of the attack directly then mash A and you get them anyway.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
That's amazing.

I understand the down, but why behind?

If two Ganons did this while facing each other, would they keep jabbing/CC'ing each other's jabs? I kind of want to try that.

Magus420

Smash Master
When the stick is that far back while holding down it reads it as a jab instead of a d-tilt. There's a small area there that will both count as a jab in a crouch, but also won't be enough behind to cause you to turn around and f-tilt after the 1st one. Ideally, that spot is exactly on the diagonal of your controller, though it might be a tiny bit one way or another from that spot. People use this to jab cancel rapidly with some characters.

Yeah, they'd keep rapidly hitting each other until they either slid out of range or got to high enough damage to when the jab starts knocking down. It'd be slower than normal though because of the electric hitlag. You could hold the c-stick down & towards while doing them to make them slide away less from the hits too. Actually you could just hold down on the c-stick and mash A without bothering with the direction at all if you're going to use it.

Cia

das kwl
I just teamed with Tipman and we got third (Peach/ Sheik/ Puff and Ganon)

and in tristate, getting 3rd is broken

so we're broken

:colorful:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I just teamed with Tipman and we got third (Peach/ Sheik/ Puff and Ganon)

and in tristate, getting 3rd is broken

so we're broken

:colorful:
Pretty sure all those characters are freaking broken in teams with Ganon lol. And I just won a tournament with Vwins at Toronto, Peach/Ganon. Get rapppeeedd. I will link the vids when they are up.

Cia

das kwl
Pretty sure all those characters are freaking broken in teams with Ganon lol. And I just won a tournament with Vwins at Toronto, Peach/Ganon. Get rapppeeedd. I will link the vids when they are up.
anyone could have done that

LOLjokes. good stuff.

and yeah. ganon is easily my favorite teammate.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Alright so I went to a tourney this weekend, out of that list of what I thought were my worst matchups a few pages back, I think now that it's just Space Animals. I did fine vs. the others, I just can not fight Fox and Falco, I never get more than a stock off of them .

I'm thinking maybe picking up Sheik to use against them, because I don't want to stop playing Ganon.

Also, none of my matches from the tourney were recorded again. Stupid.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
anyone could have done that

LOLjokes. good stuff.

and yeah. ganon is easily my favorite teammate.
So how was Mr.Tipman, what do you think? =P

Also, F Renth for saying my waveland sucks. It's all about positioning, spacing and mindgames. =P

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Alright so I went to a tourney this weekend, out of that list of what I thought were my worst matchups a few pages back, I think now that it's just Space Animals. I did fine vs. the others, I just can not fight Fox and Falco, I never get more than a stock off of them .

I'm thinking maybe picking up Sheik to use against them, because I don't want to stop playing Ganon.

Also, none of my matches from the tourney were recorded again. Stupid.
If you're already thinking of switching mains, you aren't meant to play ganon

DippnDots

Feral Youth
It's not new, but it is really useful. If you hold the stick in the proper spot down and behind you can be both CCing and jabbing at the same time without needing to move the stick. I use CC jab against CF's n-airs as well. You can try to jab him out of the n-air, and even if you whiff the 1st jab or do it too late just mash A when you get hit while holding that down & behind position and you'll jab him inbetween the 1st and 2nd hits of his n-air. Works the same way with other attacks that aren't too powerful and if you mess up hitting them out of the attack directly then mash A and you get them anyway.
Can you knock CF with a jab in between hits on his nair?

Linguini

Smash Master
The 1st hit has no KB growth. It's the same at 0% as it is at 999%. It never knocks down, and ASDIing it downward will always keep you from leaving the ground.
alright alright,sorry i challenged your tech knowledge master.:urg:

yeah i merced it kye.there should be some type of smashfest going on this weekend since a lot of people are down from school.ill hit you up.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Kage who were you up against in the GF of that Toronto tournament? By the way, do you guys have a ATT trailer like the TT do?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Kage who were you up against in the GF of that Toronto tournament? By the way, do you guys have a ATT trailer like the TT do?
We were up against PKM and Kirbykaze, we eliminated Raynex and Unknown in losers. We lost to PKM and Kirbykaze 3-2 in winners, but in GF we won 6-1 back at them.

ATT Trailer?

Edit: Oh Anti Teen Titans trailer? Nah I'm the only one. lol. =)

Renth

Smash Hero
So how was Mr.Tipman, what do you think? =P

Also, F Renth for saying my waveland sucks. It's all about positioning, spacing and mindgames. =P
F me for saying your waveland sucks? i've been telling you since i started talking to you i hate your wavelands

:laugh: way to get offended now.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Here's some matches against a Marth player

Sybawave gets ***** on Yoshi's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF7VVaT5uBA

Sybawave gets ***** on FD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x3kBibUkEM

Sybawave gets ***** on Dreamland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGpaJsGlGJM

...Sybawave beats me on Pokemon Stadium, but at least it looks good
Also, tried out the reverse ledgedash in this one. Nvm, accidentally deleted that one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB2vQo8kvMs

P.S. Yes, there is a baby whining in the background sometimes, but I wasn't neglecting her :p, she just dropped her toy.

Top Bottom