• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I've been playing around with AR a bit lately, and I was checking to see which characters are exposed for shield poking when their shield is full (no light shielding). We really need to study more on this, since it has been working so well for Kage.

One thing I found, was that the top of Marth's head is exposed and quite easy to poke. One sure fire way is to perform a Dair so that the hit box comes one right above Marth's head without touching the shield, and then fast fall it immediately and it's a guaranteed poke.

OR, we can adopt Kage's method for shield poking by executing Dair at the last second while inside the enemy's shield. This way works well with a wide variety of characters, but doesn't always work, according to my tests at least.
Downair through the shield against like Sheik, Marth, Peach is fairly easy. Ya also those bairs through the shield against like Fox, Falco, Marth for example is somewhat easy too. I find it an amazing tactic to surprise the opponent and **** up his DI, which leads to combos obviously lol. When Scar puts up the Cactuar vs me match last tourney this weekend, I shield stabbed with Downair Fox to death if i remember right, very funny lol. With the space animals, you have to aim at the bottom right or left of his shield. =P

You can even Fair through the shield by overshooting it a bit while they shield and then the fist will come around and hit the feet lol. Ya this technique definitely requires aim. You can also easily any aerials through the shield when the guy is on the platform, seems to always work for me.

Don't front Vanz like I haven't spanked that Sheik of yours. If you don't remember then maybe a $20 MM might cement in your memory better? Wanna give me your bubble tea money?

For the reverse LD's I just need to get that forward momentum in my jump ASAP. When I do it with the c-stick it becomes easy. When I got the cube yesterday I was doing em no problem and as long as you have forward momentum there should be no reason for you to air dodge off the edge at all. Worst comes to worst your rolling on the edge.

Kage was your childhood warrior name? Oh, man where do the jokes start? :laugh:
Well Shadow was my childhood warrior name. Well if you find it funny that's fine. =P But I intend to keep my childhood dreams with me, my whole life. I do not want to become a robot with no true dreams and then realizing in the end what the heck did I accomplish in this life!?

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Alright so I've got another question, this one isn't Ganon gameplay related, but still has relation to Ganon.

I want to make a shirt that has my smashboards user name on the front,with my Melee and Brawl mains on the back.

Well I've been working on the back the longest, and it is still NOT completely done, because working in Photoshop is a b**** for the last part I want to do: put Ganon and Snake's heads in the middle their respective symbols.

But I want to know how this looks so far. I definitely want it to be done by Genesis, but I don't think I have much left to work on, so I could have be finished in a few weeks.

It's hard to get their just their heads in there and still look nice, maybe I should aim for upper body? 95% of the work on this was done in Adobe Illustrator and the last part with the heads will be done in Photoshop.

Does what I'm doing with the tri-force make sense? Do the colors and fonts look good? Does the layout seem good? I don't know if I'll keep my user name on the back, I might just keep it strictly on the front in instead of both sides.

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Personally I would definitely put the name on the other side as it looks like theres too much going on. Maybe change the colour of AZ Anger so it fits better? Not sure what to though.
Cool idea.

My friend always gets really annoyed when I bair him when hes shielding... love it. Im definitely gonna explore overshooting the fair, sounds funny as hell to pull off in a tournament match

Also Kage, in that combo you posted for marths, i can never connect the nair, any tips?

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
kage, how does i shield poke dair plz
STOP talking like that :mad:

I'm not Kage, but the best way to practice this is like this:

1. Open Debug mode in AR with the infinite shield code for player 2.
2. Take controller 2 and set it between something to hold one of the triggers down (I used 2 dumbbells)
3. press R+Up to view the hitboxes, then just play around with your opponents shield as you wish.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Has anyone actually witnessed Gamecube ARs at retail (Dots mentioned Wal-Mart, so I'm asking)?

I'd much rather get them at a store if I could, and I figured internet prices would be inflated.

BTW, if anyone's got GC component cables (or knows anyone) they want to get rid of, I'm desperately willing to buy them off you. Ebay prices for those are obnoxious.

-Kye

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I looked online and the cheapest USED AR was $15 more than a brand new one found at walmart.
DON'T BUY IT NEW. Sounds funny, but they don't make AR Max anymore and the chances that you would find that new are pretty much zilch. You likely found a newer version which has user defined codes disabled. This means that you can only use the cheats they provided, which do not include debug mode. You can get infinite coins or something...completely useless. Was the disk purple? That's the wrong one, the AR Max should look kinda like a steel floor or something.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
DON'T BUY IT NEW. Sounds funny, but they don't make AR Max anymore and the chances that you would find that new are pretty much zilch. You likely found a newer version which has user defined codes disabled. This means that you can only use the cheats they provided, which do not include debug mode. You can get infinite coins or something...completely useless. Was the disk purple? That's the wrong one, the AR Max should look kinda like a steel floor or something.
Wow, what a ****ing rip off. Only using their codes is ********. I need to find the old AR fast!

Renth

Smash Hero
I'd be more than willing to give away my AR disc, unfortunately it also crapped out on me awhile ago. and I've never seen AR in a store.

Edit: Clue.. one of my ARs was purple and I could access the debug menu along with any other player input codes.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2197620

This is the one I was talking about clue. If this isnt' adequate thank you for bringing it to our attention before i wasted $20 :)
That's the one, don't buy it. I bought one with excitement, but when I got home I was very confused. They disabled code entry when they found that people were playing boot-leg games using it.

Edit: Clue.. one of my ARs was purple and I could access the debug menu along with any other player input codes.
You sir, had a magical purple AR copy. Really though, it could have been some other version prior to AR Max. Those also had code-entry capabilities.

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
Me vs Cactuar

Match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vsciTMhISA&feature=channel_page
Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnE3H-n86p8&feature=channel

Criticize please, I know I obviously made mistakes, nobody is perfect, but it's good =p
I'm just going to point out the things that didn't look like mistakes to me.

Match 1:
1:28 - Really bad idea coming back on the stage with a DJ Down-air.

(All I could get from the first match, lol. Good ****.)

Match 2:
:09 - Nearly always, you should do a get up attack. Rolling can be tech-chased really easily.

1:22 - Nair? Mistake? Uair would of done quite nicely, though.

(All I got from second match.)

Good **** Kage.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
What I saw this vid is that im still very scared to do the jump waveland recover from the ledge. I dont wanna risk an SD lol. I think its apparent even on yoshis, i got up and shielded lol.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
just SD mod your gamecube and burn the AR disc.

*contact sleepy for more info.*

check their forums for almost every gc game

oh, if you don't think you can SD mod your GC or just have a wii, you can play all those games with the gc loader.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
So the shield poking Dair works against Marth, Fox, Falco, Peach. Who else does this work on, and on which part of their shield am I to aim for?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You can poke through the shield with any move, you just have to aim it correctly. It's just easier on certain characters. Like marth would be the easiest char to poke through the shield because his shield sucks. I mean easiest as in the top tier chars, Roy is even easier.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
purplecube has all the GC isos in their forum section.

*pm sleepy for info*

for their master list.

the SD card mod for the GC (as I understand it) is fairly simple.

the GC loader mod for the wii is also easy

however, AR won't work on the wii, legit or pirated.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Ok, i know what you guys are going for with this, but I kinda have to step up and say stop talking about the modding.

I know it's going for a melee cause, but I still cant let it fly. >.>

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Real quick question, if people start noticing the dair shield poke more and more, dont you think they'd have more than enough time to spot dodge? What position would ganon be in if they did spot dodge a little bit after you started the dair animation? Like, would you land and have enough time to jab or grab before they could act?

Linguini

Smash Master
A couple things,

When sheik is dtiliting or crouching infront of you dtilit her or stomp her. Also you can cc sheiks dash attack/fairs into dtilits or jabs at low percents which can lead into grabs.When she's bairing your shield with full jumps uair oos.

other than that it was pretty good, remember the full jump stomp to double jump stomp, tricks alot of sheiks into dash attacking or grabbing.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGwdBvM_ACc

Any comments on this video? I know I need to edgeguard better. I usually just ledge stall and wait for sheiks to up b on the stage, i was getting impatient here though.

Thanks guys!
I would also never approach with downair as it leaves too many openings, i saw you do that 2 or 3 times. You have to space it and guess where she's going to go with certain moves, just like Linguini says, bait a dash attack or ground moves then you can punish her really well. Another thing I saw is obviously don't backair when she's not there lol. Oh ya and about techchasing on the platforms, don't get too hyper about hitting her right away. Just wait for right moment to upair, it always works no matter the positioning. Stand in the middle of the platform and then if she rising attack, simply upair directly upwards. Be careful not to get hit, wait for the right moment right after the attack. If she rolls back, jump back upair, and forward, jump forward upair, there's no escape. Sometimes for me I'm able to jump on the platform with a techchase downair but that's situational i think lol.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Yeah, as much as I love Technique, my biggest problem with him is that he's not prolific enough with his work.

He does a lot activism though, so it's hard to blame him for that.

-Kye

dragon.myrrh

Smash Rookie
Nice match =D

Why is SH to nAir so underused? Personally i love it as a combo starter against the space animals... but my fox using mate isn't that good at techs >.<

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Nice match =D

Why is SH to nAir so underused? Personally i love it as a combo starter against the space animals... but my fox using mate isn't that good at techs >.<
Nair as a combo starter, I don't think so? Nair is only good after a downthrow and maybe techchasing on platforms.

And that Nair Dipp, needs more upair!

Top Bottom