• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Dippndots you fight to close to Sheik, she crouches all your ****. Get more space and use some dtilts or angled down ftilts. You should edge hog more so you can punish her recovery with some ledge hopped uairs or at least try to edge guard with your back towards the stage so you can get the edge if you whiff it. The match didn't look so bad but you kept falling for the same things and she kept getting away with the same things. Looks like you had more of a mental block in this match than anything else.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
not to make excuses or anything but it wasnt like this was super serious business so i was kinda just throwing **** out. thank you for the advice though i'll keep it all in mind. I've noticed that spacing issue a lot myself and am trying to work on it. I realize that i need to make these small habits second nature and not just think about doing them.

Again, thanks for the tips people

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Ganon is extremely fun to **** mediocre players with, lol. Despite being a decent spacies main, Ganon is my most used counter-pick to beat characters that arent named fox falco marth or shiek. against mediocre spacies, i go ganon because they don't know what to do, and 3 hit ko/edgeguards are the ****.

im starting to pick up ganon as a legitimate secondary. I'll get some vids up eventually, so help me improve.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ganon is extremely fun to **** mediocre players with, lol. Despite being a decent spacies main, Ganon is my most used counter-pick to beat characters that arent named fox falco marth or shiek. against mediocre spacies, i go ganon because they don't know what to do, and 3 hit ko/edgeguards are the ****.

im starting to pick up ganon as a legitimate secondary. I'll get some vids up eventually, so help me improve.
You'll find it extremely fun to **** Awesome players with Ganon if you can get a high enough level that is haha. =P

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
You'll find it extremely fun to **** Awesome players with Ganon if you can get a high enough level that is haha. =P
which is why I'm considering on making Ganon my secondary, or just completely dropping him. I have the most fun playing Ganon, I just never do well with him. Ganon's hard...

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
which is why I'm considering on making Ganon my secondary, or just completely dropping him. I have the most fun playing Ganon, I just never do well with him. Ganon's hard...
Don't give up on the Dark Lord. List the matchups you are having most trouble with, or post more recent vids, preferably ones in which you play well by your own standards and still lose. I'm sure some of us here will be able to rejuvenate your Ganambition.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Strategically speaking, i don't think making Ganon as a secondary is a good idea, he's got too many bad matchups in the top tiers. He needs to be your main and your main only! lol. But if you want to go for fun then by all means. =p

Ryan-K

Smash Master
ganon is mad fun

i have usmash questions though

where on the usmash hits upwards?(I assume near his actual leg)
How do you get the two hits is it like when you hit with his leg?
where does it send horizontally, near his crotch?

also when do you usually use it? i use it after low percent stomps on floaties (seems to get like the guaranteed 2 hits so it does peach cc dsmash damage) and platform tech chases

also what is its killing power comparable to?

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
The match ups I find hardest for me are:
vs. Fox
vs. Falco
vs. Marth
vs. Ganon

I only have a few vids up but they are definitely not recent, if I can get someone to record my matches then I will get some up.

After playing today with a friend, I found myself going back to Ganon, I tried to stay away from him trying to play Sheik (mostly) and Marth and Falco, but I didn't feel like I could play any of those 3 at the same level I play Ganon. I've played those 3 and Falcon off an on as characters I just dickaround, but after a tourney this weekend, I realized that I HAVE to have a secondary for Melee and Brawl.

It's like I was meant to play Ganon, I really don't want to drop him.

Who do you Ganon mains make as your secondary?

DippnDots

Feral Youth
If you absolutely need a secondary as a ganon main, pick luigi. He's good vs falcons, spacies, and sheiks.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
If you absolutely need a secondary as a ganon main, pick luigi. He's good vs falcons, spacies, and sheiks.
Luigi is at a disadvantage in all of those matchups... Luigi is my secondary to Ganon and although I love it, I'd say try to secondary someone that does a bit better against the top tiers.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Disadvantage in all of those? I disagree. I'm rethinking sheik, but i've always seen luigi players around here do well against spacies and falcons

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Don't forget that Falcon is one of the few characters in the game than can combo the **** out of Luigi. Fox's shine spike is way too good against Luigi's recovery, and of course Falco's lasers can be a huge damper on Luigi's WD game. Falcons and spacies that don't understand the Luigi matchup get ***** hard due to Luigi's many options regarding combos and edgeguarding such characters, but at the highest levels of play, the green plumber really has his hands full.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Right about fox, but really anyone can gimp luigis recovery with absolute ease. And for falcon, yeah he's one of the few guys that can combo you but you can combo him just as hard, yo can move around the stage just as well as he can, his recovery is as easily gimped as luigis. I think it's a lot more even than you think. And against falco, luigi is a straight up counter. Lazers shmazers, learn to powershield, or spotdodge during your wavedashes. Falco is CERTAINLY not a bad match up for luigi.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
i'm thinking going marth or sheik, I can't play spacies, too technical. or i could just play gay as them.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I vote the way of the warrior.
Ganon all the way.

I'm having a lot of trouble approaching a campy fox.
I can deal with falco lasers as long as they're not ridiculous at lockdown, but fox can keep running away and I can't do anything about it.

should i just avoid final d? lol.

chaddd told me that fox really can't do anything to retreating sh fair, but if i just eat lasers all day, one tap will kill me.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Well, you have to remember. Fox has to come to you! No matter what, and they're extremely easy to edge-guard. If fox/falco get off the ledge then they should not be coming back. Foxes are a little weird, retreating fair work with bairs. Learn to tech chase.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I'm having a lot of trouble approaching a campy fox.
I can deal with falco lasers as long as they're not ridiculous at lockdown, but fox can keep running away and I can't do anything about it.

should i just avoid final d? lol.

chaddd told me that fox really can't do anything to retreating sh fair, but if i just eat lasers all day, one tap will kill me.
You just have to force fox into an approach. If the fox ISN'T campy, then just whiff a SH Fair to trick them into approaching, but then SH away with a Uair and it'll catch em'
You just have to know how to space.

However, when they are being really campy and forcing you to approach, deceive them with waveland ftilts.

metashinryu

Smash Ace
hey i wanna improve my ganon play,what are the basics with him?

also,is any other way of recovering from the ledge other than rolling/ledge jump-airdodge/up+b? cuz i cant make work uair from the ledge,i just fall off and up+b again,and if i fair just die -_-

also,i need some approach ideas,ganon is sooo slow, and i cant get the hang of his speed(main captain)

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Retreat Fair is easy Up Smash bait for Fox from my experience. I'd really like tp see how Chad manages to make that work.

-Kye

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Well, you have to remember. Fox has to come to you! No matter what, and they're extremely easy to edge-guard. If fox/falco get off the ledge then they should not be coming back. Foxes are a little weird, retreating fair work with bairs. Learn to tech chase.
fox has a gun and can run across fd in less time than it takes ganon to scratch his ***. what incentive does fox have for approaching? lol

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
****ers who play with me enough shield my waveland ftilts and i can only get so few grabs

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hm i just saw those vids, I like Linguini's technical with Ganon, so fast, I'm impressed by it. =) I wish I can do that haha. Also I noticed you like to do downthrow to downair techchase lol. And those upairs. I guess we all have habits?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
^ Kage, teach me to ganon ditto so i can start ****** my friend in them

:colorful:
In Ganon dittos, you have to get the other Ganon outside the stage asap and then edgeguard because its really easy. Other than that, just spacing, if he goes forward jump back fair lol.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Tommy I was watching some of your old vids today...I almost forgot how sick you were at this game, lol.

Sh*t inspired me.

The only other Ganon I've been truly impressed by since then is Linguini's.

-Kye
(no offense to anyone in here, all the known Ganons in here have been impressive in their own way, such as Kage)

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Hey, my Ganon might be garbage, but its at least as tech happy as both of yours.

I've actually been taking him more seriously, though. I might go Ganon/Falcon at Gigs this weekend and see how it works out.

-Kye

SynikaL

Smash Lord
I just like to waveland and moonwalk with him cause' every time Ganon moves backwards I picture him in MC Hammer pants with his crotch hanging down to his @sshole.

-Kye

Top Bottom