• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

spider_sense

Smash Champion
lol Awesome vids. I forgot you're a papi. :p Yo man, teach her how to play Ganon when she gets older.

Why don't you try up-air reverse tippers for edge guards against Marth?

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
lol Awesome vids. I forgot you're a papi. :p Yo man, teach her how to play Ganon when she gets older.

Why don't you try up-air reverse tippers for edge guards against Marth?
Thx. I sometimes get a nice Uair edgeguard against Marth, but the timing is difficult for me. I seem to get hit by the tip of his sword a lot, but maybe that's cuz I'm fastfalling the Uair. Also, at lower percents you'd have to hit him with it several times before he dies. See the last stock on the following old match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4vK1PNKmZ4

I just find the lightshield edgehog to be quite effective, or even just edgehogging at the last second before the up-B. It seems like Marth players with lots of Ganon exp try to screw up your timing by saving the side-B until when they would normally up-B. I don't know, to each his own.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Thx. I sometimes get a nice Uair edgeguard against Marth, but the timing is difficult for me. I seem to get hit by the tip of his sword a lot, but maybe that's cuz I'm fastfalling the Uair. Also, at lower percents you'd have to hit him with it several times before he dies. See the last stock on the following old match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4vK1PNKmZ4

I just find the lightshield edgehog to be quite effective, or even just edgehogging at the last second before the up-B. It seems like Marth players with lots of Ganon exp try to screw up your timing by saving the side-B until when they would normally up-B. I don't know, to each his own.
Yeah, but the problem with the "Marth Killer" is that they can save their double jump and hit the shield with the f-air or or forward-b. I'm not discrediting the technique, but if you overuse it, then it work against you. Haha up-b out of shield right after marth's forward smash. :p It's funny. Marth /Ganon matchup is really so dependent on the spacing it's no joke. Any idea on how to get past Marth's shorthop double fairs???

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Yeah, but the problem with the "Marth Killer" is that they can save their double jump and hit the shield with the f-air or or forward-b. I'm not discrediting the technique, but if you overuse it, then it work against you. Haha up-b out of shield right after marth's forward smash. :p It's funny. Marth /Ganon matchup is really so dependent on the spacing it's no joke. Any idea on how to get past Marth's shorthop double fairs???
You Fair him between the first one and the 2nd one lol.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
That works? I usually just uair between em. Fair sounds like you can get hit.
If you shield the first hit, Uair before the scond one I would say. That Fair idea would only work if Marth was just whiffing Fairs for no reason.

Haha up-b out of shield right after marth's forward smash. :p It's funny.
I completely forgot about that, I know I've done it before :/. I should probably just start wavedashing out of shield and grabbing, but eh.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
If you block forward smash, just Fair him. Or Power Shield if you expect it then Down B.

No way Fair between DBL Forward Air works.

*edit*

And the Light Shield edgehog only works if Marth can barely make it back using Up B. Otherwise, you need Reverse Up Air. It beats a non-sweetspot everytime and is totally untechable before 150 percent.

The timing isn't hard, you just need to get inside the head of your opponent a little for it work. It's not a mindless technique.

-Kye

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
lol Dogy layin' teh smack down on Ganons everywhere. :laugh:

I wish it was that simple. *Rolls eyes*.

I mean, it's not bad for doc by any stretch of the imagination, but f**k. It's like playin frogger, just hop in there and pray you dont get wrecked by a ... well anything ganon throws.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Pfff, at worst it's gonna trade and trading with Ganon is good =), Fair always work for me anyways =P There ain't no marth that can defeat me!

Renth

Smash Hero
I always up air inbetween, meant to say that when i saw the posts earlier but it was already said. If it's a spammy marth just doing double f airs in your face you can also dash dance and grab inbetween, it's hard but possible.

Renth

Smash Hero
Say man, I went to gigs last weekend and played some games on the tvs in the back.

You were right last year; those tvs are laggy as ****.

XD
Dogy, You know I love you and all that. I told you though those TVs made me soo mad and the way I play ganon lag is definately not my friend. You can take those as johns if you like but it doesn't matter either way.

<3

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Dogy, You know I love you and all that. I told you though those TVs made me soo mad and the way I play ganon lag is definately not my friend. You can take those as johns if you like but it doesn't matter either way.

<3
I didnt call it a john back then and Im not calling it not. I just didnt notice back then. Dunno how the **** I missed it. I just remember sittin down playin a match back there and was like ".... **** Renth probably hates me for saying these tvs were fine; im about to kill myself."

Just a blast-from-the-past kinda thing. Im not tryin to start anything over it.

Top Bottom