• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Allan you're probably studying wrong buddy. You need to UNDERSTAND why things work. That is truly learning please don't memorize. Understand what is going on in the problem. I can help you with that. I used to be a math tutor for a long time.

Ojih~Sama

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ojih-sama
3DS FC
1907-9993-5995
alrite sync

math money match

just dont counter-pick to cal 3, fk that **** is tedious....

Sync.

Smash Champion
Lol I stopped pursuing math a long time ago you'd win! That was just up to senior year in high school. I know I can help Allan with remedial really well though

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
If you used math, you could figure out just how big that **** actually is.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Allan, Flip was asking for specifics. No one can give you advice or help you explain things if you just throw it off. Cite a specific problem you missed.
read below foo.

Allan you're probably studying wrong buddy. You need to UNDERSTAND why things work. That is truly learning please don't memorize. Understand what is going on in the problem. I can help you with that. I used to be a math tutor for a long time.
You can learn math(specifically algebra) without knowing how its used in daily life(the straw example i used a few posts ago) because its mor abstract than say geometry. I dont want to know how/care its used because every time i see an example of it i think to myself "holy ****, NO ONE CARES the distance between to straws in a cup." What i need help on is the small things.

example

-2y+3x>(or equal to)2

simple yes?

i can solve it no problem. the issue i have is the stupid bich @zz poop sucking reversing the >(or equal to) to a <(or equal to) because at some point in the problem i divided by a -2.

simple LITTLE things like switching a sign makes the answer wrong if i forget to switch it. you know what im saying? All that work is a WASTE because i wasnt perfect.

I am majoring in math and i KNOW i can do it(cause i actually care/have a reason to do it), its just im disappointed in myself that i miss those small chicken **** stuff.

Sync.

Smash Champion
No you missed my point. I meant why the certain equations and manipulations work or why they happen. That will really help you learn! You can do it Allan. Just ask me whenever you need help!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Good luck, sir Allan!
The pursuit of knowledge is one of the noblest ventures a man could undertake and the adversities you face make it all the more impressive.

EDIT: NEVER MIND, NINJAS. Internet's too slow and choppy.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
What Sync is saying is do you know WHY you flip the > sign? It's not just because you divide by -2.

And just check your work. If you always check your work, you'll catch your little "chicken ****" mistakes.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Don't make math memorization, that's the WORST mistake.

It's my biggest problem.

It bores me and I simply don't care because numbers hold no meaning or interest to me. I always tried to get by through memorization last second (because it was what I was best at all throughout school) and it started really biting me in the *** 10th and 11th grade in alg 2 and cal when I was absent 42 days of the year due to crohns.

I missed out on learning the fundamentals and it confused me way too much when I was trying to skim through things to catch up. I was memorizing to save time instead of truly learning why I would perform certain procedures.

You simply can't bull**** math the same way you can bull**** english, history, or science.
Like Rei and Sync are trying to tell you, know WHY you did it and it will help you in the long run.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Bull ****.

Yeah, anytime you divide an inequality equation by a negative, the sign flips.

Xyro77

Just got finsihed playing 2 hours of RE:R.

PROS

This game is the absolute best looking(with and without 3d) game ive seen on the 3ds. Having the 3ds's 3d and RE:R's 3d option turned up to max makes the eyes bleed with joy.

*The feeling of dread/fear is definitely there. Every turn down the dark/wet halls is scary.

Cutscenes/Voice acting is good. Jill sounds hot.

Chapters/"Previously on...". The game is cut up into chapters and offers to save your game after each chapter. This is really good for when u wanna play a little bit before bed time. The next time you boot up RE:R it will give you a quick "Previously, on RE:R" recap so you are caught up to where you last left off.

Controls. Think RE4. You can also go into 1st person when you shoot.

CONS

2 hours in and ive only see 5 different types enemies. 3 of the 5 look almost the exact same.

Controls. People new to the RE series will HATE the controls.

This game drains the 3ds battery like no other.

*As with ALL "survival horror" games, your gaming environment/ability to "get in" the game will greatly affect how scary the game is. I recommend you play this game in an empty house(or at an empty park at midnight like im doing), lights off with your headphones on at max volume. NO INTERRUPTIONS AT ALL.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
*As with ALL "survival horror" games, your gaming environment/ability to "get in" the game will greatly affect how scary the game is. I recommend you play this game in an empty house(or at an empty park at midnight like im doing), lights off with your headphones on at max volume. NO INTERRUPTIONS AT ALL.
quit trying to hide from your responsibilities and change those diapers

z00ted

Sometimes when nobody's home I like to strip completely naked and rub vaseline all over myself and wiggle on the floor like a slug, then perch my feet on something and pretend that I'm turning into a beautiful butterfly.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Sometimes when nobody's home I like to strip completely naked and rub vaseline all over myself and wiggle on the floor like a slug, then perch my feet on something and pretend that I'm turning into a beautiful butterfly.

z00ted

I am SO tired of that gif.

I'm getting RE: R today, MR XYRO!!!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
What is this I don't even

:phone:

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
lol xyro Raphael is a vampire, kilik(the biggest ****** ever) is some sort of master fighter and everyones kids are duking it out in soul calibur 5

z00ted

I actually like this game, Sync.
It has a really good reward system.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
as soon as i saw that tira character in the SC3 ads, the one with the boobs hanging out and the big ring blade thing, i had no interest in the series.

i completely forgot SC4 even happened

Xyro77

When it comes to math, there is really only one way to study. Do problems Do Problems Do problems.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom