• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I did the teachers review, the math labs review, all 50 practice questions and went to tutoring. Did ALL homework too.

76 is my result. I'm not asking for an A or anything, just a B. and I can't even do that.

THIS is why I think I'm not meant for college.

:phone:

Ojih~Sama

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ojih-sama
3DS FC
1907-9993-5995
gawd it took me a while to rig this ps3 controller, logging in now.

i guess stanfield lobby 9, dont usually setup these things

*gawddmait hold on tech difficulties

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Serious talk Xyro, how long do you study? Did you actually study to the point where you not only understood what you were studying but also apply what you learned? The last part is usually where people fall short.

And be honest, did you spend more time playing video games than studying? If you answered yes, then you already know what you did wrong.

I know it's harder because you have to take care of a child, but it can be done if you're determined. If single moms with children can succeed, you can too...it's just a matter of how much effort you want to put into improving yourself.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Yeah like RT said, anybody can succeed in college. Tell me your study methods and we can start from there

Ojih~Sama

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ojih-sama
3DS FC
1907-9993-5995
holy fk i just deleted my account on pso

im always having to start over on this game, let me tell u a story.....:glare:

i played this on gc last semester rite started a HUcast got to lvl 27 game data corrupts

started same HUcast again, got to lvl 12................yea

i start a HUmar on gc get it to 45....i still has it but my wii broke and gots no gc or wii to play gc version on:urg:

now i delete my account on accident wtf...anyways enough of my life story time to grind

Ojih~Sama

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ojih-sama
3DS FC
1907-9993-5995
was installing on another comp (cuz mine runs like poop), got it to run thru the title screen and put in my info and wutnot, however after it checks for current patches a message kept saying that it could not connect to the server and i needed to launch the cilent from the proper application. now when i installed it on the otther comp i didnt want to leave desktop shortcuts on the comp so i thought by uninstalling and reinstalling it could fix this problem so i go thru the procedure, it uninstalls but then i think it asked me if i wanted to delete user profile towards the end but i rushed thru not reading and.....yea.....i derped

i thought the site keeps like an online record of ur account.... :(

screw u RT MM MK7

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
i think they only way to delete an account is after 90 days of inactivity.......they literally dont even LET you do it to give you time to think about it i think

Xyro77

What exactly did you miss on?
Its multiple things.

Certain rules for certain types of equations do not apply for others. So i get confused/cant remember when to switch.
X isn't always X and Y isn't always Y. So i get confused.
DETAIL is very important. Miss placing the decimal can make 1 become .1 and cause all your hard work to be for nothing.

There's such a thing as too much studying. Might've fried your brain from overload.
Im pretty sure its not that.

Serious talk Xyro, how long do you study?
Depending on Claire, i can get in 5-8 hours per day.

Did you actually study to the point where you not only understood what you were studying
Yes. understanding isnt my problem though.

but also apply what you learned? The last part is usually where people fall short.
define apply.

do i learn something in class and then go try to apply it in REAL life? no. tons of math cannot be applied to life. If it can, its usually stuff that literally doesn't matter. The book showed an example of how algebra can be applied to find the distance between 2 straws in a cup. NO ONE cares about that.

Ive given up on trying to apply math to real life.

i just want to learn it.

And be honest, did you spend more time playing video games than studying? If you answered yes, then you already know what you did wrong.
My wii was erased. I own 2 games on the wii(SS/Brawl). It is a known fact i NEVER play brawl on wifi or alone. SS is a **** game and i WILL NOT restart it. My 3ds i dont play because ive either beat my games or no one will play with me. As for computer/PSO time, i usually do that at 10pm and later because its the only "my time" i get.

So to answer your question, NO. i do not spend more time on games than studying. Had you asked me that in HS i would have said HELL YES.

I know it's harder because you have to take care of a child, but it can be done if you're determined. If single moms with children can succeed, you can too...it's just a matter of how much effort you want to put into improving yourself.
See here is where i disagee.

1. In Elementary school. i blew off math because i wanted to be a class clown.So the very BASIC foundation of math i did not learn.

2. Middle school. All my teachers were COACHES so u already know what their focus is on(steroids/weights/sports/naked men). The good news is, by the time i got out of middle school i learned ELEMETRY math, just not middle school math.

3. Highschool. I had a mix between coaches and classes full of "bad" kids. LOL so yea you know how that is too. So after Highschool, i ended up learning middle school math but not algebra/geometry.

Now im in college and im mega far behind. Im behind even in ELEMENTARY algebra and INTERMEDIATE algebra. I guess what im trying to say is no matter how hard i try and how "determined" i am, i still F up something in a problem. Simple stuff or complex stuff, it makes me have a 76. Im not passing blame, i know its ME, i just am frustrated.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Math is disgusting.
You can't cheat your way out of it and have to work your way up as you go along.

Definitely not for everybody, I'm terrible at it.

z00ted

76 really isn't that bad, though.
But I definitely understand wanting to get a better grade.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Math is easy. You just take a couple of concepts and mash them up and it does all the work for you.

z00ted

It's definitely easy if you have the correct teachers and work your way up.
But if you don't really understand those couple of concepts thoroughly it becomes a huge mess.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
my advice is everytime you try to learn something new so this:

look at the problem.

look at the answer.

find out how on your own how to get that answer using that problem.

boom you know it

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
A book is a better teacher than most.

It's really just figuring out how to apply things to different cases. If you understand why something works, you'll never have problems with it.

Xyro77

nah no thanks. he doesnt speak in easy to understand terms. its hard enough trying to figure out the meaning of the words hes USING, much less the subject matter. that nerd **** is so annoying because normal people dont talk like that.

Gea

Smash Master
Allan, Flip was asking for specifics. No one can give you advice or help you explain things if you just throw it off. Cite a specific problem you missed.

z00ted

Boats on clear water look like they are floating in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom