• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
as soon as i saw that tira character in the SC3 ads, the one with the boobs hanging out and the big ring blade thing, i had no interest in the series.

i completely forgot SC4 even happened
Yea I skipped 3 and 4. I really wanna try 5 though. I hear it's MUCH better than 3/4.

:phone:

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
yeah it looks sorta interesting, sethlon apparently has been playing it all the time sincei t came out and hes probably gonna enter the SC5 tournament at TYS.

go figure he uses one of the WORST characters in the entire game.

Gea

Smash Master
Allan, if you were making those kind of mistakes, why aren't you plugging your solution into the problem and checking your work?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Allan, if you were making those kind of mistakes, why aren't you plugging your solution into the problem and checking your work?
^This.

Always go back and check your work, especially for those inequalities. If you get something like 1>2, then you obviously derped somewhere.

Xyro77

cause when i plug it in, it works. its just the wrong answer.

the tests give the wrong answers as answer choices too.

its a set-up.

Xyro77

Give me an example off of your test where this is true.
i cant put it on here because i dont know how to put it in text form(ill try, see below).

l x+3 l > 4

im not gonna work it out but i can tell you that you will get 2 answers(because the > sign is pointing towards the absolute value) such as x>1 and X<-7 and you will have to graph each of them. The number line will look ROUGHLY like this(im not doing the work so clearly its wrong)

<---------[----------------------------------------------------]----->

where "1" is under the "[" with and arrow going to the right and the "-7" will be under the "]" sign and an arrow heading left.

lets say the answers i got are correct but the way i put it on the number line is wrong. Checking your work will still get the correct/incorrect answer. its the number line that i got wrong and thus caused me to lose all my points. The small stuff wrecks me.

i would have to take a pic of my test and post it here for it to make sense

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
cause when i plug it in, it works. its just the wrong answer.

the tests give the wrong answers as answer choices too.

its a set-up.
If you're getting a wrong answer as the right answer, then you obviously messed up. It also means you messed up when you applied the concept.

How else do you think those bad answers are generated?

The only way you can prevent this is to go and review the concept. Ask the professor; he/she can usually pinpoint where you are making mistakes.

Xyro77

If you're getting a wrong answer as the right answer, then you obviously messed up. It also means you messed up when you applied the concept.

How else do you think those bad answers are generated?

The only way you can prevent this is to go and review the concept. Ask the professor; he/she can usually pinpoint where you are making mistakes.

this doesnt address my issue.

Gea

Smash Master
Checking your work will still get the correct/incorrect answer. its the number line that i got wrong and thus caused me to lose all my points. The small stuff wrecks me.
Okay so you got the correct answer and managed to graph it incorrectly. Should have checked your number line by plugging in numbers from the line into the problem and seeing if they checked out. As in, if you did the number line incorrectly, checking your work would alert you to this fact.

So I still don't understand. I get making small mistakes, but I don't get trying to make excuses and claim you can plug in the wrong answer and have the equation come out right.

Seems pretty good, but its pretty early in the game and I'm basing all of what I know off of online play + watching two tournaments, heh.
It will be at TYS, yeah? I'll be curious to watch it. Could be fun to play.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

Spell check must not be working anymore...

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Srs ****ing sam right here ^

I guess living in the safe haven, protective bubble of southwest houston your entire life can make you a little sensitive to everyday, real world things.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Nah, I just don't respond to threats.

Sorry Gea, kailo ruined it.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Im sorry i hurt your feelings RT, i know cyber bullying is a problem.

if you want to remain a melee fallout and stick with brawl only and refuse to play melee, a game you obviously like(d) because whatever reasons thats fine.

brawl is better anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom