• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hadouken! Ryu's Official Thread! - We do EX Moves to SMASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I can see them using his K.O. scream for the conventional K.O. with a knockback; but for Star K.O., maybe a throwback of his SFII K.O. scream, huh? With echo and everything.. "UUUgh-ugh-ugh" =P.
I was actually thinking about that earlier lol. That would be amazing.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Do you think some Street Fighter characters will make some cameos in the Street Fighter stage?

I hope Juri appears in the game, at least as a trophy.
Her theme would be awesome too.

View attachment 50693

I can't wait for Ryu.
In this kind of application, I can totally see happening;

after all, is how the great majority of Street Fighter stages are created;... even in crossovers games like X-Men vs. Street Fighter, you can see Charlie reading a book in the background; XD.

but in the case of the characters interacting with the fighters, .. eh, no.. Actually, a simple stage with no hazards would be the best way to represent Street Fighter, imo.

being a Ryu stage, I can see at least the two japanese signs in each side, being the only simple addition... they could be breakable (and maybe you can throw the pieces?).

OffTopic: What does he say for Bad Box Art MegaMan in that game? (i'm yet to play SFxTK).
"You sure do have some interesting weapons. How did you get them?"

Last edited:

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of stages, what stage you guys think is gonna be added alongside Ryu?

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Speaking of stages, what stage you guys think is gonna be added alongside Ryu?
I designed this; it's Suzaku Castle, Ryu's home stage in Street Fighter II (but with some changes, of course) ..

at least is something I could expect from the 3DS version; maybe even done 2D, exactly that way (considering the retro music found);.. For the Wii U version, maybe something more embracing the Street Fighter theme in general, rather than just Ryu/Japan.

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
While I'm not very knowledgeable on Street Fighter, I definitely support Ryu. The only Street Fighter game I ever owned was Street Fighter II Turbo for the SNES. I have great memories of me and my brother playing it for hours when we were little, and he would usually beat me since he was older. We usually played as Ryu or Ken, because we loved spamming Hadouken and their air spinning kick attack (I don't know what the move is officially called). xD Needless to say, my bro was really hyped when I told him there's a good possibility Ryu is gonna be dlc for Smash 4.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Dunno if this has been asked yet, but do you guys think ryu might get a ken skin ala alph? Im hoping for a chun-li one myself, but seeing how mii costumes are getting pushed.... *shivers*

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Dunno if this has been asked yet, but do you guys think ryu might get a ken skin ala alph? Im hoping for a chun-li one myself, but seeing how mii costumes are getting pushed.... *shivers*
Considering how the alts for the other 3rd party characters are handled, a full fledged Ken skin probably won't happen. But a simple Ken inspired color is pretty likely.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
While I'm not very knowledgeable on Street Fighter, I definitely support Ryu. The only Street Fighter game I ever owned was Street Fighter II Turbo for the SNES. I have great memories of me and my brother playing it for hours when we were little, and he would usually beat me since he was older. We usually played as Ryu or Ken, because we loved spamming Hadouken and their air spinning kick attack (I don't know what the move is officially called). xD Needless to say, my bro was really hyped when I told him there's a good possibility Ryu is gonna be dlc for Smash 4.
Happy to have you in our support list, World Warrior! .. Also, is always great see memories being shared! ^^ -- Feel free to check the OP and know more about Ryu and the legacy of the Street Fighter series! I'm sure that will help. =)

I wouldn't support this, particularly;... even with all the treatment that other characters got by this kind of situation, Ryu and Ken are very distinct characters.. is way more distant than the Koopalings with Bowser Jr., or Alph and Olimar.. They just share moves by being users of same martial art. ... But who knows?
--But a Ken based color is possible, imo. (and I'd totally support, since would be pretty neat referencing Ryu in Ken mode in the first MvC)

Last edited:

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
I'll be sure to check the OP out. ^^ And yeah, I have a lot of great memories with Street Fighter. Another one I want to share is when I watched my bro do a perfect run in single player mode with E. Honda by just spamming his fast punching attack. Since the move had such good range, the AI just kept running into it. xD

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
This comic from Germany seems relevant to this thread

image.jpg

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
This comic from Germany seems relevant to this thread

View attachment 50793
Yeah, I mentioned before in this montage; XD... Funny enough, even all the series interacting with Street Fighter at some point, Mario is the only one that never before met Ryu; (well, unless you consider this strange Korean commercial, lol);

---
btw, one more mockup utilizing my render;

(even though I know that Masterpieces wouldn't be updated, no mater what character is added via DLC)

Last edited:

Asian_Charizard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3351-4223-6174
Hey just letting you guys know that I've picked up Street Fighter over VC so far I'm having a blast, I played all night long yesterday! :laugh:

I'm thinking about picking up the newer titles, how different are they compared to this one?

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Hey just letting you guys know that I've picked up Street Fighter over VC so far I'm having a blast, I played all night long yesterday! :laugh:

I'm thinking about picking up the newer titles, how different are they compared to this one?
You've picked the regular SFII (The World Warrior)?.. If so, let me explain the changes in the other versions: The Turbo version increases the velocity of the game, allow you play as the Bosses (Sagat, Balrog, Vega and Bison) and gives for characters some new moves. And the Super version add 4 new characters to the roster: Cammy, T. Hawk, Fei-Long and Dee Jay; (and besides keeping all the changes from Turbo).
--Oh, and Alpha 2 is a totally different game; =P

Last edited:

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
btw, one more mockup utilizing my render;

(even though I know that Masterpieces wouldn't be updated, no mater what character is added via DLC)
That looks amazing!
Call me crazy but i have a feeling that the masterpieces will Be updated (*fingers crossed for a sonic trial *)

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
That looks amazing!
Call me crazy but i have a feeling that the masterpieces will Be updated (*fingers crossed for a sonic trial *)
I dunno.. the pages are very specifically organized by date.. any addition would spoil that; Even though I know that could be a way to reorganize everything, I don't think that they would spend time puting more demos in the gallery.

--In Sonic's case; all the Masterpieces games needs to be available at eShop to buy (since all the demos are just Virtual Console save state executables).. and seems that SEGA don't want to give SEGA Genesis support at the service. :\/ ... the only Sonic game at Virtual Console right now, is Sonic Advance and is out only in Japan. :T
But in the possibility of adding Street Fighter titles, are plenty available! =D

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
--In Sonic's case; all the Masterpieces games needs to be available at eShop to buy (since all the demos are just Virtual Console save state executables).. and seems that SEGA don't want to give SEGA Genesis support at the service. :\/ ... the only Sonic game at Virtual Console right now, is Sonic Advance and is out only in Japan. :T
Yeah, but once Sega\ Sonic Team releases Sonic Advance worldwide, maybe they'll add a trial off it.....maybe.....maybe............

But in the possibility of adding Street Fighter titles, are plenty available! =D
True
Which game would be added, though?

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Yeah, but once Sega\ Sonic Team releases Sonic Advance worldwide, maybe they'll add a trial off it.....maybe.....maybe............

True
Which game would be added, though?
the vanilla SFII, no doubt!.. Since that the point of Masterpieces are presenting the roots of characters.... Even if it's second Ryu appearance, technically.. we wouldn't be able to play Fighting Street on Wii U VC (it was only available through the Wii VC);.. and besides, Street Fighter II was where the true legend was born =P

Last edited:

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
the vanilla SFII, no doubt!.. Since that the point of Masterpieces are presenting the roots of characters.... Even if it's second Ryu appearance, technically.. we wouldn't be able to play Fighting Street on Wii U VC (it was only available through the Wii VC);.. and besides, Street Fighter II was where the true legend was born =P
Alright then! (i need to play that game)

Going back to the stage topic, i think Ryu's stage will be the same for both versions. Maybe with a few alterations and changes like Wilys castle (Day time in 3ds, Night time in WiiU) or like Gaur Plains.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Alright then! (i need to play that game)

Going back to the stage topic, i think Ryu's stage will be the same for both versions. Maybe with a few alterations and changes like Wilys castle (Day time in 3ds, Night time in WiiU) or like Gaur Plains.
Oooooh... you're right! Suzaku Castle has nice variations each version of SFII! .. You already have Day time, Sunset and Night time at very least! --Maybe some random decoration in each variation, like the crows of Ryu's stage in SFIII, or maybe Gouken watching the fight. :3

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
Oooooh... you're right! Suzaku Castle has nice variations each version of SFII! .. You already have Day time, Sunset and Night time at very least! --Maybe some random decoration in each variation, like the crows of Ryu's stage in SFIII, or maybe Gouken watching the fight. :3
Maybe every time you pick the stage, it changes the surroundings, depanding on the time of day (like the Wiiu Animal Crossing Stages).

And Picture this:
-Day Time: Chun Li is in the background with the classic "Sorry" pose (if she isn't an AT);
-Sunset Time: Gouken is watching the fight;
-Night Time: Akuma appears and attacks the player randomly and just, like the Flying Man or *sniff* Ridley, if you attack him, he'll join your side and fight alongside you (kinda game breaking I know).

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Maybe every time you pick the stage, it changes the surroundings, depanding on the time of day (like the Wiiu Animal Crossing Stages).

And Picture this:
-Day Time: Chun Li is in the background with the classic "Sorry" pose (if she isn't an AT);
-Night Time: Akuma appears and attacks the player randomly and just, like the Flying Man or *sniff* Ridley, if you attack him, he'll join your side and fight alongside you (kinda game breaking I know).
I'd say that is a safe bet that any pick for a Street Fighter stage would be more simplistic possible, and that means with no hazards at all!.. Would represent well the style of gameplay of the series with a basic stage.
--But I could totally see what you're saying.. In this possibility, maybe Akuma would appear just in very very rare situations; like a throwback to his debut in Super Street Fighter II Turbo (well.. rare is the right term, since you needed to beat all the matches without using more than one credit to get the chance to face him as the Final Boss instead of Bison).

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

And Picture this:
Sounds nice but just go with a something simple of Day, Evening and Night. Plus we don't need any stage hazards except for the breakable signs like in SF2.

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
I'd say that is a safe bet that any pick for a Street Fighter stage would be more simplistic possible, and that means with no hazards at all!.. Would represent well the style of gameplay of the series with a basic stage.
Yeah, so it would be like the wii fi studio?

Sounds nice but just go with a something simple of Day, Evening and Night. Plus we don't need any stage hazards except for the breakable signs like in SF2.
Yeah, I see where you coming from.Its like CyberWolfJV TheGuy07 said, a basic stage would a better representition of the SF series.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Yeah, so it would be like the wii fi studio?

Yeah, I see where you coming. Like CyberWolfJV TheGuy07 said, a basic stage would a better representition of the SF series.
pretty much; Though I never thought in a walk-off, just a simple platform in the middle;.. but they would need to do something to differentiate the regular stage to the Omega version;

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
pretty much; Though I never thought in a walk-off, just a simple platform in the middle;.. but they would need to do something to differentiate the regular stage to the Omega version;
I just hope it has something to differentiate itself from the omega form.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

I say use the roofs as a platform. It's simple, bends in with the stage and adds something unique to stage would probably be a FD clone

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
What if we had the stage with invisible walls from both sides that it's impossible to jump over? They would literally just port a Street Fighter stage to Smash Bros.! Couldn't be more faithful than that.. =P And then, all the high percentage knockbacks would just send the character flying upwards (and at lower percentages, bouncing like crazy through the stage, haha. XD).

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
What if we had the stage with invisible walls from both sides that it's impossible to jump over? They would literally just port a Street Fighter stage to Smash Bros.! Couldn't be more faithful than that.. =P And then, all the high percentage knockbacks would just send the character flying upwards (and at lower percentages, bouncing like crazy through the stage, haha. XD).
kinda like this?:

Source: ssb wiki (project M stamina mode)

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
kinda like this?:

Source: ssb wiki (project M stamina mode)
hahaaha; Kinda. XD...
And thinking about that;... I just pictured the E. Honda's stage perfect for this concept; lol.. I dunno why;

(it has a ceiling though;.. For this kind of concept, Ryu stage is the most adequate anyway; since the characters could be sent flying off screen upwards [and not necessarily be a Star K.O. btw])

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
LOL, Now its exactly like Wii Fit Studio xD

I think it works with this concept because it has a ceiling!
How would the omega form look?
I don't know.. XD.. just lol'd thinking about it;.. The Sumo circle as the only platform, with maybe the bathtub and the painting in the background; but all suspended in the air for no reason, =P..

Nah, Ryu's stage is better; It could also work as Omega just floating (or attached to the walls in the background), since it was designed in high heights (for what I understand, it is in the top of a temple)

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
I don't know.. XD.. just lol'd thinking about it;.. The Sumo circle as the only platform, with maybe the bathtub and the painting in the background; but all suspended in the air for no reason, =P..
: puff...screw gravity!

Nah, Ryu's stage is better; It could also work as Omega just floating (or attached to the walls in the background), since it was designed in high heights (for what I understand, it is in the top of a temple)
Yeah, that could work.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
This my one stage.

balrogstage.jpg

Majority reason is the theme and Balrog is my main

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
MY FIGHG MONEY!!
That's the Genesis version? It sounds different.. I'm so used to the SNES version (or the Arcade one); =P
Look at the title m8. It's CPS1, so Arcade version.

I know how the Genesis version sounds since me and my family owned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom