• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hadouken! Ryu's Official Thread! - We do EX Moves to SMASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I have a PS4, which could be a perfect time to get into the series since 5 is coming soon!

Ultra Street Fighter 4 is coming to PS4 so try that as well and then there's the PS1 SF games like the Alpha games

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I've never played a Street Fighter game in my entire life, but it doesn't take genius to know how iconic and important Ryu is in gaming. He's probably my most wanted newcomer in terms of 3rd party characters, I'd love to be part of your support list! =D
Welcome, World Warrior! I added you to the support list! =)
and for a recommendation for you start your journey.. pick Street Fighter II: The World Warrior on Wii U VC!.. is great for learning the basics;.. then, you can go evoluting until the Alpha series and such. =)

Asian_Charizard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3351-4223-6174
Welcome, World Warrior! I added you to the support list! =)
and for a recommendation for you start your journey.. pick Street Fighter II: The World Warrior on Wii U VC!.. is great for learning the basics;.. then, you can go evoluting until the Alpha series and such. =)
Thanks, I'll try to pick it up! The only experience I have with fighting games are Smash Bros. and Mortal Kombat, but if SF is any similar to those games I think I'll love it. :p

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Lurking around into Japanese pages, and searching about the subject of Ryu's leak in Smash4, I found this little comic;

You can bet that I don't have a clue how to speak or read Japanese, though... =P.. but with help of a (rough) translation from Google; I understood that is about excitement of having Ryu as part of the Smash cast, and how curious will be seeing him using items. =P
Wii Fit Trainer: Ryu is gonna be playable in Smash Bros.?
Mega Man: Really?

[(I can't translate any of those words in the second panel. :\/ )]

It may burn.. (Ryu with the Firebar)

Shoot it!
--All of the people .. (Ryu with the Super Scope)

I wonder if items are useful?
[and the last one, of Bowser's side, seems some kind of specific expression.. :T ]
It's cute, at very least. =P

Thanks, I'll try to pick it up! The only experience I have with fighting games are Smash Bros. and Mortal Kombat, but if SF is any similar to those games I think I'll love it. :p
Well, Mortal Kombat was designed to be one of Street Fighter's competitor back in its debut; The mechanics are different (and the core), but the gameplay is very similar. You'll like. =)

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
To be fair, Punch-Out isn't a traditional fighting game.
It's a fighting game, nonetheless..(even though I prefer to refer to Punch-Out!! as a sport game) Is the old story of dividing sub-categories from a general bigger genre;.. You have platform games, for example.. but Mario, Crash, Sonic and Rayman (linear gameplay with simple goal at the end of each stage) are different of Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong 64 (Collect-a-thon).

--and... you know, we commonly see conflict of consensus between Smash Bros. and other fighting game titles too; (but we all know they're all from the same genre; just different categories).

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Okay, so I want to prepare myself for Ryu. What are some good Street Fighter games on Nintendo systems?

D

Deleted member

Okay, so I want to prepare myself for Ryu. What are some good Street Fighter games on Nintendo systems?
You can get your hands on one of the older SFIV versions for 3DS. But for the newest one USF4 on PC... yeah, just get it! Those are the best experiences, but if you want to go Retro you can try out the SNES ver ( Street fighter 2 ) on Wii U VC.

... and that's about it! Street Fighter V is a PS4/PC exclusive sadly. But odd circumstances has me with a good ol' PS4. So I'M fine, atleast.

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Well, there are really good Street Fighter games (and related) in Nintendo systems; all the SNES games are highly recommended.. even the Street Fighter Alpha 2 port (it's really downgraded compared to the other versions, for instance the PSOne version, but still very playable and fun.. and keep all the competitiveness, the smooth controls and gameplay [just suffer with inconvenient loadings);

-- Then, on GBA, you can pick Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper (which, again, is a downgraded port, but this time, nothing to complaint about.. seriously) and Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival, which in my opinion, is the best version of SFII around, period.

Capcom vs. SNK 2 on GameCube is also very good.. is just the GameCube controller that needs a bit more of habit to enjoy.

--Tatsunoko vs. Capcom on Wii is awesome; nothing more to comment.. and of course, Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition on 3DS.

you can check the full list in the first page; .. in fact, I think you could pick any (even though includes games outside the genre, like Project X Zone and We Love Golf, [ lol ]),.. even the SFII on the original Game Boy is a solid port (for the time :p ).

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Wow Cyberwolf, your care for the character really shows! I love the trophy ideas and the op is masterfully done!

It's just missing like, one little thing.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Wow Cyberwolf, your care for the character really shows! I love the trophy ideas and the op is masterfully done!

It's just missing like, one little thing.
Thank you! ^^.. what can I say?.. Ryu and the Street Fighter series were what pulled me into Fighting Games.. When I was a child, I thought that every fighting game was bloody and gore like Mortal Kombat (and funny enough, isn't my cup of tea even nowadays); Maybe I can thank SF even for giving me interest for Smash Bros.!..

hmm.. and missing?.. let me guess..
You want to be on the support list? :p
/\ this? XD

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Yeah, if there existed a problem, is already solved. =P..
--Weird things happens to World Warriors very often; .. just look to Blanka or Necro! You get used though.. =P

welcome!

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I would personally recommend any of the Alpha titles, but they are downgrades compared to the other versions.

Super Street Fighter 4 3DS is a good choice as well.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't own a Wii U or 3DS unfortunately (yes I know- don't tell me about it). So I guess I'll have to rely on emulating the SNES and GBA titles. Thanks though guys!

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
So guys... during my recent little (and not really deep) research in Japanese discussion pages about Smash, seems that people are really talking about the leak.. but, I just don't see too much illustrative expression of excitement... =P.. (maybe because the Japanese people are very introverted when comes to "hype art" pre-release... I suppose...).. Can you guys think about something to reach the japanese better?..

I say that, 'cause even knowing K. Rool is high popular request all over the world, some kind of visual impact helped people over there comment more about him.. My humble mockups reached some boards and such (of course, now with all the Omini art, of course people will be more excited);..

Now for Ryu, I've been doing a lot things, but still never saw anything with a big reach... What can you guys suggest?

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So guys... during my recent little (and not really deep) research in Japanese discussion pages about Smash, seems that people are really talking about the leak.. but, I just don't see too much illustrative expression of excitement... =P.. (maybe because the Japanese people are very introverted when comes to "hype art" pre-release... I suppose...).. Can you guys think about something to reach the japanese better?..

I say that, 'cause even knowing K. Rool is high popular request all over the world, some kind of visual impact helped people over there comment more about him.. My humble mockups reached some boards and such (of course, now with all the Omini art, of course people will be more excited);..

Now for Ryu, I've been doing a lot things, but still never saw anything with a big reach... What can you guys suggest?

My guess their reaction is pretty much 'meh'. They won't go full hype-art until it's 100% confirmed.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
My guess their reaction is pretty much 'meh'. They won't go full hype-art until it's 100% confirmed.
Not quite;.. I saw positive reactions, actually; Street Fighter has a big following in Japan, and Ryu is a Japanese representative for them anyway... They just don't seem to cheer for characters in general; You see support for some in the ballot, but is still very humble compared to the western side. But if we could do something to reach them and make them more excited, could better to the reception when the character is finally announced.

-Omni and his team, probably, won't do Ryu... it's my guess.. But if we increase the amount of hype art or something that will help people visualise Ryu being in Smash; this for sure will reach the Japanese sometime.

Even with his addition more than guaranteed, I still think he needs the support as characters competing in the ballot. :p

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm Not sure If I made it clear:
I am a supporter. I'd support almost any all star as big as Ryu.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Oh, I'm sure that Evil Ryu will be somehow represented; after all, it's big part of the story of the character; =).. And welcome World Warrior! Can I add you to our Support List?

PS: Amingo is amazing. =P

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Honestly, all I ask for is Akuma's theme.

I will be happy with anything Ryu does or doesn't have if that's in the game.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
btw, I did something silly; just for fun! =P

My attempt of a 3D Render for him, utilizing the pose from one of the scrapped portraits of SFIV;

Not really in the standard of Smashfied, but eh... I tried. =P

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
It's amazing.

I'm so excited for this~ <3
IKR! .. I'll take advantage of this render and do some other mockups; =P
--Also, you know what I really excited to try with Ryu? Smash Run! .. God,.. When I learned that Ryu would be playable in Mega Man Universe, I get super hyped! (sadly, it was cancelled) I always got the curiosity to see him in a platform (or kinda) game... even in a SpinOFF in the vein of Final Fight would be nice.. just any kind of sidescrolling; Will be super cool to have this! Is a quite a change for Ryu! =D

While we're on the topic of themes we like... can we get Akuma's SF3 theme?
Killing Moon is one of my favorite SFIII tracks! =)

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
One question: Do you guys think they're gonna rip Ryu's lines from SF4 or UMVC3 (like what they did with sonic) or are they gonna record new lines?

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
One question: Do you guys think they're gonna rip Ryu's lines from SF4 or UMVC3 (like what they did with sonic) or are they gonna record new lines?
My guess is that they'll reuse lines. New lines would be nice, but Ryu already has most of his voice work taken care of in those games lol.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'd say they'll port his lines from SFIV. Which is fine with me - I'd love to hear "The answer lies in the heart of battle" as a victory quote~

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
I'd say they'll port his lines from SFIV. Which is fine with me - I'd love to hear "The answer lies in the heart of battle" as a victory quote~
Yeah. I personally want to hear:
"I walk a path with no end."

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I guess that the possibility of just a simple ripping voice clips from his recent appearances is really big, sadly; .. But I'd love to see at least some new lines, ... How cool would be if Ryu get a victory line for each opponent? Just like the Win Quotes from the Street Fighter series?! .. He always like to give advices of fighting, or compliment the opponent when he enjoy the fight, all in a very personal level. XD..

and I guess that some circumstances like Star K.O. and such would need a new interpretation, though... Dunno if all the existing voice clips would fill those purposes.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I guess that the possibility of just a simple ripping voice clips from his recent appearances is really big, sadly; .. But I'd love to see at least some new lines, ... How cool would be if Ryu get a victory line for each opponent? Just like the Win Quotes from the Street Fighter series?! .. He always like to give advices of fighting, or compliment the opponent when he enjoy the fight, all in a very personal level. XD..

and I guess that some circumstances like Star K.O. and such would need a new interpretation, though... Dunno if all the existing voice clips would fill those purposes.
Actually, they wouldn't need a new clip for the Star K.O. They can just use the KO scream from SF4.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Do you think some Street Fighter characters will make some cameos in the Street Fighter stage?

I hope Juri appears in the game, at least as a trophy.
Her theme would be awesome too.

juri ultra.gif

I can't wait for Ryu.

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
I would to see what he would say to characters like mr game and watch, duck hunt duo and especially Megaman!

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Actually, they wouldn't need a new clip for the Star K.O. They can just use the KO scream from SF4.
I can see them using his K.O. scream for the conventional K.O. with a knockback; but for Star K.O., maybe a throwback of his SFII K.O. scream, huh? With echo and everything.. "UUUgh-ugh-ugh" =P.

I would to see what he would say to characters like mr game and watch, duck hunt duo and especially Megaman!
I like what he says for Pac-Man in SFxTK:
"What an odd fellow... The world sure is an interesting place."
:p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom