• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hadouken! Ryu's Official Thread! - We do EX Moves to SMASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos_Knight

Smash Cadet
Been stalking this thread for a while now and I do like the moveset ideas especially LipePereira's, which is the best imo. Even some of the customs were exactly what I thought. Add me to the supporter list too. :)

I think Ryu's FS shouldn't be something Hadoken-related.

Instead I think his should be Messatsu Goshoryu.

Ryu transforms into Evil Ryu and performs 3 Shoryukens, each one rising higher than the last. Anyone hit by the first 2 uppercuts will be locked in a combo. Anyone hit by the 3rd one will be caught too.

After succession, Evil Ryu will drag the opponent into the air (like Ike's FS), gather some dark energy, and slam their opponent back to the ground, creating a huge shockwave when upon hitting the floor which can send people to the sky.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
add me to support list i think he'll be a cool character also this goes to show we may get mroe 3rd party DLC(plus dan could be an alt and i can't miss that).Not to mention Hadouken.That is all

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I think Ryu's Final Smash should be the Bonus Car. It would be extremely nostalgic and stuff.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Sorry for absence, guys! I've been away from home all day.. =P;

but don't worry @ C Chaos_Knight and @Awesomedude4444, you guys are already officially World Warriors! =);

I think Ryu's Final Smash should be the Bonus Car. It would be extremely nostalgic and stuff.
Clone of Blue Falcon or something new? =P..
--also, could be Ryu's Landmaster!

/jk

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
In Ryu's trailer theme, can you imagine how awesome it'd be to hear Ryu's ending from Street Fighter II in his trailer?
What would his trailer name be? Can it be:
"The Fight Is Everything"
or
"Here Comes A New Challenger!"

What do you think?

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
When do you guys think Ryu will be unveiled assuming that this is true?
E3 would be a safe bet.
After all, what better place could you have to announce that the Fighting Game Poster Boy himself is gonna be a guest in your crossover fighting\party game?
Then again,it is Sakurai we're talking about. At this point, he already knows We're expecting Ryu so he could deviate us and reveal someone else.......

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
E3 would be a safe bet.
After all, what better place could you have to announce that the Fighting Game Poster Boy himself is gonna be a guest in your crossover fighting\party game?
Then again,it is Sakurai we're talking about. At this point, he already knows We're expecting Ryu so he could deviate us and reveal someone else.......
E3 is most likely. However. EVO is more fitting.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I don't really see Ryu being revealed at EVO to be honest. Sure, it makes sense, but I think Nintendo would make a big announcement like this at the biggest gaming convention of the year.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I don't really see Ryu being revealed at EVO to be honest. Sure, it makes sense, but I think Nintendo would make a big announcement like this at the biggest gaming convention of the year.
Pretty much, save some low life for EVO, like Roy

Chaos_Knight

Smash Cadet
E3 most likely.

I mean, Pac-Man was revealed at last year's E3 which created even more damn hype for Nintendo. They could do that again to keep the train going even more.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
E3 most likely.

I mean, Pac-Man was revealed at last year's E3 which created even more damn hype for Nintendo. They could do that again to keep the train going even more.
In Smash 4, all the Third-Party Newcomer appears in E3.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Street Fighter 5 been confirmed to be a ps4 console exclusive?

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
No, it's on PC as well.
But it still won't be released on Wii U, and if there is no chance of it coming to Wii U, it seems pretty unlikely that Ryu will be added as DLC. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see Ryu, but I just can't imagine it happening.
MGS4 is exclusive to PS3, but we still got Snake in Brawl.
That seems to have been an exception. Kojima (at least that's who I think it was) personally requested Snake be in brawl, and I have not heard about any similar requests for Ryu.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
But it still won't be released on Wii U, and if there is no chance of it coming to Wii U, it seems pretty unlikely that Ryu will be added as DLC. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see Ryu, but I just can't imagine it happening.

That seems to have been an exception. Kojima (at least that's who I think it was) personally requested Snake be in brawl, and I have not heard about any similar requests for Ryu.
Well, first off, the sound files pretty much confirm he's in regardless.
Secondly, Street Fighter has had numerous titles on Nintendo systems. Ryu would be added because he's a video game icon, not to promote his newest game.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well, first off, the sound files pretty much confirm he's in regardless.
Secondly, Street Fighter has had numerous titles on Nintendo systems. Ryu would be added because he's a video game icon, not to promote his newest game.
Plus it can help get other games on Wii U. Remember it doesn't necessarily mean Street Fighter but a possibility of more fighters on Wii U.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
In Ryu's trailer theme, can you imagine how awesome it'd be to hear Ryu's ending from Street Fighter II in his trailer?
What would his trailer name be? Can it be:
"The Fight Is Everything"
or
"Here Comes A New Challenger!"

What do you think?
"Here Comes a New Challenger!" is the right choice! If this phrase doesn't show up during the trailer somehow, at least they need to put in the name of the video.. is just too iconic and too tied with Street Fighter memories to be ignored.. Is just like "It's Super Effective!" for Pokémon and such. =P

Besides the very good points that @ AreJay25 AreJay25 made (the fact of Ryu being added due his "video-game all-star" status, and of course, his story with Nintendo),... yes.. Yoshinori Ono wanted to see Street Fighter characters interacting with Nintendo characters somehow, suggesting how he'd love a true crossover between the companies... and while this subject can be unlikely, could be the way they found putting Ryu on Smash :p..
-- Regarding the promotion, sure, we can't have Street Fighter V (Sony is actually funding both PS4 and the PC versions), but we can have any other game of the Street Fighter franchise and related; Even a Ultra Street Fighter IV port is very plausible!

and of course.. the files are indeed there, no need to worry; =P

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord

Closest I've heard alike the Kojima case, was that Ono rather wanted M. Bison on Smash.

Also not sure if this has been discussed. Many want Ryu to have a Ken skin, but why not having Ken himself in a similar fashion as Male WFT and Louie? Ken himself could be an alternate of Ryu but with his Shoryuken on fire and side throw would be spinning with the opponent.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Also not sure if this has been discussed. Many want Ryu to have a Ken skin, but why not having Ken himself in a similar fashion as Male WFT and Louie? Ken himself could be an alternate of Ryu but with his Shoryuken on fire and side throw would be spinning with the opponent.
Eh.. I'm conflicted with this suggestion (as I'd be with Ms. Pac-Man being a Alt. for Pac-Man), but if people don't mind (if Sakurai and Ono don't), why not?..
~I prefer just simple color palettes; and Ryu with red gi, brown gloves and headband, and lighter skin would be a perfect way to homage MvC1 Complete Change. :3

also, I did that reference in my Alt. Color chart, but using Ken's color in SFIV.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Eh.. I'm conflicted with this suggestion (as I'd be with Ms. Pac-Man being a Alt. for Pac-Man), but if people don't mind (if Sakurai and Ono don't), why not?..
~I prefer just simple color palettes; and Ryu with red gi, brown gloves and headband, and lighter skin would be a perfect way to homage MvC1 Complete Change. :3

also, I did that reference in my Alt. Color chart, but using Ken's color in SFIV.
Yeah, sort of like the idea of Mrs. Pacman, but I know about the legal problems. Just that it may be unfair to leave Ken out of this when he is a legend himself, and this could be a chance to have him in as an alternate skin but while actually being him. Not just blonde Ryu in a red gi. Akuma would be too much, Sean is not as iconic and Dan plays so different.

Oh and here is the article on Ono:
http://nintendoeverything.com/which-street-fighter-character-does-ono-want-in-smash-bros/

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Yeah, sort of like the idea of Mrs. Pacman, but I know about the legal problems. Just that it may be unfair to leave Ken out of this when he is a legend himself, and this could be a chance to have him in as an alternate skin but while actually being him. Not just blonde Ryu in a red gi. Akuma would be too much, Sean is not as iconic and Dan plays so different.
Actually, there's no legal issue with Ms. Pac-Man;.. NAMCO Bandai owns 100% her image (and she's there in Smash4 in the Pac-Land stage), she was created by Midway, but under Pac-Man brand. But I'm actually glad she didn't appear as an Alt. for Pac.. would just feel so wrong :p (I should post this in the Unpopular Opinion Thread, hahaha XD)..
--Now, about Ken.. I don't think that would be neglecting the character referencing him as simple Alt. Color.. I'd prefer this than having him in Ryu's moveset which, speaking of practical implementation, wouldn't fit nothing for him.. (he's not that similar to Ryu, you know)..

but the simple thought that having more than one Street Fighter character playable (somehow), would be too much to ask, imo. =P...

Oh, wow.. this article is actually older than the one I mentioned about he wanting a crossover, huh?

EDIT: Oh no.. I just checked it, actually the Nintendo vs. Capcom thing is dated January of 2011.
http://www.cubed3.com/news/15105/1/ono-nintendo-x-capcom-ask-sakurai.html

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Actually, there's no legal issue with Ms. Pac-Man;.. NAMCO Bandai owns 100% her image (and she's there in Smash4 in the Pac-Land stage), she was created by Midway, but under Pac-Man brand. But I'm actually glad she didn't appear as an Alt. for Pac.. would just feel so wrong :p (I should post this in the Unpopular Opinion Thread, hahaha XD)..
--Now, about Ken.. I don't think that would be neglecting the character referencing him as simpler Alt. Color.. I'd prefer this than having him in Ryu's moveset which, speaking of practical implementation, wouldn't fit nothing for him.. (he's not that similar to Ryu, you know)..

but the simple thought that having more than one Street Fighter character playable (somehow), would be too much to ask, imo. =P...
I know Ken has his differences but still... I mean some want Chun Li and if the leak is true, by now it will be hard for her to be in. Ken might have a chance if he is an alternate skin but actually be him.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I know Ken has his differences but still... I mean some want Chun Li and if the leak is true, by now it will be hard for her to be in. Ken might have a chance if he is an alternate skin but actually be him.
They could have him as an Assist Trophy, since he's so attached to Ryu's story; some assists have similarities with playable characters in moves, so, I can't see a problem... Though I'd be so pleased with Chun-li! (Oh, and before my words start to taken wrong; I have no problems with Ken! XD.. I really like him as a character! The only true "family man" between all the fighters; :p)

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Yep! I was just going to post here! XD.....My theory of him being revealed at E3 for both Smash4 and PX2 went down the drain! =P... but at least, I'm glad now! .. I was a bit worried... (why wait so long to reveal him? He was kinda one of the protagonists in NAMCO X Capcom and PX1!)

--but I was already expecting his presence; Project X Zone 2 is there on the timeline in the first page. =)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
It probably won't happen, but I think it would be awesome if Ken was an alt. Ken is a clone of Ryu (at least in the earlier SF games) so it could work.

D

Deleted member

The guy seen in the E3 plans tweet is wearing :4littlemac:'s training outfit indeed. But the color is white, rather than pink. Ryu wears white, and he likes to train to the best of his abilities...

Edit : Lil Mac is also a fighting game character. So is... RYU...

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
The guy seen in the E3 plans tweet is wearing :4littlemac:'s training outfit indeed. But the color is white, rather than pink. Ryu wears white, and he likes to train to the best of his abilities...

Edit : Lil Mac is also a fighting game character. So is... RYU...
Nice theory... but I think that guy (it's Reggie, actually.. if you pay attention in his ring in the left hand. :p) is wearing a pink hoodie .. is just a way more lighter color than Little Mac's.. Reggie's hoodie seems more like salmon.. I dunno. :p
-- They're just teasing a new Punch-Out!! imo (which is awesome! The last game was incredible!); but I'm pretty sure we can still wait for Ryu appearing at E3!.. Is just so natural. =P..

~Oh, and just to let you guys know, I'm working in another mockup. =)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gonna be fun to put the ol' Wii Remote to use. And sheesh, i really though it was white.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey guys, I would like to remind you that Ryu is currently being rated in the Rate Their Chances thread. So I advise you all to put your best input on Ryu's guaranteed inclusion and explain in detail on why he would be a great addition. I'm assuming that you'll be the first one to do so, huh @ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia ?

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I was going to bed early, but I have my duty! =P.. Thanks for the reminder World Warrior!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom