• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hadouken! Ryu's Official Thread! - We do EX Moves to SMASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Only voice I hated was Akuma which sounded like Christian Bale doing Batman, Yun and Ibuki

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Had a pretty neat idea for Ryu's trailer, not sure if anyone else thought of it.

Basically this but replace Ken with Mario. It'd happen after the gameplay footage.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Had a pretty neat idea for Ryu's trailer, not sure if anyone else thought of it.

Basically this but replace Ken with Mario. It'd happen after the gameplay footage.
Mario, of course, couldn't be bleeding; =P.. but I agree is a possibility for a trailer!

Only voice I hated was Akuma which sounded like Christian Bale doing Batman, Yun and Ibuki
yeah, I don't like Akuma's english voice too;... and I was re-watching Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist, and his voice there is so perfect (is actually, nearly equal his Japanese voice actor in the games).

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman

I said that a while back along with the same pic but yeah it would be a great idea. lol

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

Front page revamped! Tell me what you think! And let me know if I forgot someone in the Support List. =)

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Looks great!
Fantastic! I knew that you had it in you, CyberWolf.

Thank you very much! =D.. although the first posts after the introduction aren't in majority positive (at the time the thread was created, was a totally different situation); now we can have people more engaged to support him after some read. =P
--I'm not the best writer, but I made with passion and compromise. ^^

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Any ideas on how Ryu's grabs and arieals might work?

Like I know we can use his grabs from past games like the Judo Throw and Sholder Toss as his Back Throw and Foward Throw. But what about down throw and up throw

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Excellent OP! Put my name on the supporters list, I'll definitely play Ryu when he steps into the ring~ :3

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Any ideas on how Ryu's grabs and arieals might work?

Like I know we can use his grabs from past games like the Judo Throw and Sholder Toss as his Back Throw and Foward Throw. But what about down throw and up throw
Now with the OP updated, you can see that moveset I made! I covered that with some ideas coming from Ken and Akuma throws. =) (oh, and in MvC2, if I'm not mistaken, you can grab in the air too).

Excellent OP! Put my name on the supporters list, I'll definitely play Ryu when he steps into the ring~ :3
Thank you! I'll put your name there! =)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Also, you forgot me Cyberwolf. I'm totally on board with Ryu's inclusion since the day I've realized what content that Street Fighter would bring to Smash. :)

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Now with the OP updated, you can see that moveset I made! I covered that with some ideas coming from Ken and Akuma throws. =) (oh, and in MvC2, if I'm not mistaken, you can grab in the air too).

Thank you! I'll put your name there! =)
I'll see it. Thanks and don't forget me

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Haha, Thank you! I tried! XD..
When I asked to BKupa666 to be the owner some days ago, I started working in the revamp... but then, some issues happened; but now everything's okay. Glad everybody liked! =)

Today, for relax a bit after all the work, I found myself in 3rd Strike, but you know.. Gill. Can't relax when you fight against someone that insists to cheat everytime =P (aka resurrection)

Attachments

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Feel free to add my support to this. The more I think about it the more it makes sense, and the more I want it. He's so iconic and it's so true that he's been so inspirational to all fighting games including Smash.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Feel free to add my support to this. The more I think about it the more it makes sense, and the more I want it. He's so iconic and it's so true that he's been so inspirational to all fighting games including Smash.
Great to see you joining us in our journey, World Warrior!
I'll make sure to add you! =)

Holy burrito... The new OP is beautiful!
Thanks! 0/

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The OP is incredible.

Sign me up.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
My God, nice job on the OP!

I had to double take on that We Love Golf title.

I was already on the supporter list. I'm so cool. :troll:

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Loving the OP...wish I had the time to make the Snake one look good.

Add me to the support list!

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
You can add me to the supporters list too.
Loving the OP...wish I had the time to make the Snake one look good.

Add me to the support list!
Done! =D;

---hey; taking advantage from the momentum;

I was thinking... considering Pac-Man's inclusion in Smash4, gave to us both Pac-Man Collection and Pac-Land on Wii U's Virtual Console (immediately after his trailer being released).. Do you guys think we'll ever get any of the GBA SF games?..

All SNES games are already up; but.. man... I just love SSFII Turbo Revival;.. is one of my favorites versions of SFII, just a bit behind of Hyper SFII.
~and Alpha 3 would be greatly welcomed too (is a great port, indeed).

------------EDIT (after almost a whole day of inactivity :p )
Well, since nobody came to the thread, I'll not be the responsible to bump the thread with double or triple posts.. is just impolite. =P (funny enough, I made question thinking that would be a lot of movement at the time. XD);.. anyways, no pressure. =P..

I'm just editing the post for register this;.. It's a funny trivia; All the series already had their eventual meetings... but now, it's the real deal. =P;

*(My question about the VC games still stands, though.. I'd like to put some topics to move the thread);

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Done! =D;

---hey; taking advantage from the momentum;

I was thinking... considering Pac-Man's inclusion in Smash4, gave to us both Pac-Man Collection and Pac-Land on Wii U's Virtual Console (immediately after his trailer being released).. Do you guys think we'll ever get any of the GBA SF games?..

All SNES games are already up; but.. man... I just love SSFII Turbo Revival;.. is one of my favorites versions of SFII, just a bit behind of Hyper SFII.
~and Alpha 3 would be greatly welcomed too (is a great port, indeed).

------------EDIT (after almost a whole day of inactivity :p )
Well, since nobody came to the thread, I'll not be the responsible to bump the thread with double or triple posts.. is just impolite. =P (funny enough, I made question thinking that would be a lot of movement at the time. XD);.. anyways, no pressure. =P..

I'm just editing the post for register this;.. It's a funny trivia; All the series already had their eventual meetings... but now, it's the real deal. =P;

*(My question about the VC games still stands, though.. I'd like to put some topics to move the thread);

Thinking about it, since Sonic is in Smash and considering they mention his Genesis games, should we count Thu being on Sega consoles since those systems are now neutral to positive to Nintendo because we got a plethora of games to use from Marvel vs Capcom, Street Fighter Alpha 1-3 the true version and the best fighting game period Street Fighter 3
:p

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Some people are cheering for a Nintendo vs. Capcom announcement at E3, alongside Ryu's reveal for Smash... but you know what I really want? (well, in some degree.. after at least a port of USFIV for Wii U. =P).. Some collection for Wii U containing SFIII 3rd Strike (in the vein of Street Fighter Anniversary Collection would be great! I'm not even asking for an Online Edition as the XBLA/PSN version =( )..

Heck.. or Alpha Anthology, with Alpha 2 GOLD and Super Gem Fighters Mini-Mix and all their glory!

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Some people are cheering for a Nintendo vs. Capcom announcement at E3, alongside Ryu's reveal at Smash... but you know what I really want? (well, in some degree.. after at least a port of USFIV for Wii U. =P).. Some collection for Wii U containing SFIII 3rd Strike (in the vein of Street Fighter Anniversary Collection would be great! I'm not even asking for an Online Edition as the XBLA/PSN version =( )..

Heck.. or Alpha Anthology, with Alpha 2 GOLD and Super Gem Fighters Mini-Mix and all their glory!
That'd be great, I'd love it if they brought some of those games to the Wii U. They already added nearly every Nintendo Mega Man game to the eShop, might as well do something like that for SF.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
While just putting the GBA games on the Virtual Console would be fine;.. man.. 3rd Strike never gets old, honestly =P..

EDIT: also, I ask you World Warriors; bump the thread always you feel doing it; No shame on it! We need to be always on top.. just like Ryu is always overcoming his limits. XD; Bring new topics, let's move this thread! =D

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Complete with all the Capcom Beat 'n Ups we have right! :awesome: (it's too good to even dream =P... Nintendo had Arcade games on Wii's Virtual Console, though)

Graizen

Smash Champion

Cyber i need to talk to you man o-o

Last edited:

Asian_Charizard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3351-4223-6174
I've never played a Street Fighter game in my entire life, but it doesn't take genius to know how iconic and important Ryu is in gaming. He's probably my most wanted newcomer in terms of 3rd party characters, I'd love to be part of your support list! =D

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I've never played a Street Fighter game in my entire life, but it doesn't take genius to know how iconic Ryu is. He's probably my most wanted newcomer in terms of 3rd party characters, I'd love to be part of your support list! =D
Sweet, m8. Also do you have a PS3 or 360? Try them out but learn the fundamentals before going out to internet for battles. Try out SF4 or get it on 3DS

Asian_Charizard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3351-4223-6174
Sweet, m8. Also do you have a PS3 or 360? Try them out but learn the fundamentals before going out to internet for battles. Try out SF4 or get it on 3DS
I have a PS4, which could be a perfect time to get into the series since 5 is coming next year!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom