• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[GUIDE] Connecting to Brawl/PM Wifi post-WFC shutdown: Occasional server issues are temporary

EpicPowered

Smash Cadet
For the Project M homebrew link, he uses the hackless Project M instead.
Would it still work with homebrew instead of hackless somehow (guessing no)?
If you look at my previous post, I have posted instructions for the Homebrew version of Project M.

Kirito-

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheRealKirito
3DS FC
3179-7237-9807
So for hackless PM all I have to do is create a new save file and download it?

Sorry if this has been answered but I'm not reading through 15 pages...

Colin Cavanaugh

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cavanaugh222
3DS FC
4682-8581-0094
whenever I load Gecko, I go to stage editor and it loads gecko, but after that my wiimotes disconnect and wont reconnect. help!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Why the hell does everyone wants to delete Savegames. If you were online on the Nintendo Servers before use the PID Tool which sends your necessary Informations from your Savegame to the Server so you DONT have to delete your Savegame. If your Savegame had no Friendcode to begin with you will get one from the Server anyway.

Also: wiimmfi.profeibe.at doesnt work anymore because Gamespy's Account Server was taken down.
Because nobody who posts about the PiD tool includes any information about it

Hello, I looked at the original instructions for the Project M Homebrew version and I believe I've found a method that is easier(?). This is mainly for people who don't want to redownload Project M when they already have the homebrew version or want to keep the Homebrew version for whatever reason (SD Card size maybe). What I did is I took the RSBE01.gct file from Rood's method (thanks) and I plugged it into the Project M homebrew version. The link is for Rood's RSBE01.gct file is here:

mediafire(dot)com/download/yxaikjxizw4n14a/RSBE01(dot)gct

(It says I'm not supposed to post links until I have 10 posts. I'm sorry if I shouldn't be doing this but I thought I'd let you guys know).

I'm not sure if it's necessary to plug it into all these places but here are the places I replaced the old RSBE01.gct file with Rood's file.

SD Root>codes
SD Root>projectm>wifi
SD Root>projectm>full

Then plug the SD Card into your wii and connect to wifi normally.
Will add this to OP when I'm at my computer

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
whenever I load Gecko, I go to stage editor and it loads gecko, but after that my wiimotes disconnect and wont reconnect. help!
Are u using a wii u and a wiimote manufactured after 2012? Wii u has problems with new motes

Fangblade

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3454-0350-2864
yes, I am using a wii u and wiimote made after 2012. will it work if I get a wiimote that was made before 2012 and does not have wiimotion plus?
It definitely should. The guide says "Hackless method will not work on Wii U if you use a motion plus wiimote or a wiimote manufactured after around 2012."

Last edited:

Jobes

Smash Apprentice
I'm trying to set up the hackless wifi for Project M. I've got Riivolution on my SD Card as well as the link given under "Project M Hackless" in the OP. When I go to stage builder it boots Riivolution fine, but it just brings me to regular vBrawl. It allows me to go on Wifi, but I have no way to access Project M. Any ideas?

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I'm trying to set up the hackless wifi for Project M. I've got Riivolution on my SD Card as well as the link given under "Project M Hackless" in the OP. When I go to stage builder it boots Riivolution fine, but it just brings me to regular vBrawl. It allows me to go on Wifi, but I have no way to access Project M. Any ideas?
I am pretty sure PM does not work with Riivolution due to having a different file structure but don't quote me on that. Don't have both riivolution and the pm set, just one or the other

Last edited:

200X!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sweetidealism
3DS FC
5327-0916-5405
Thank you for the guide!! I was able to play online With Anyone just now and it was awesome! I missed playing Brawl with real people so much T_T

Jobes

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the reply! I tried it out, and am now connecting to Project M, but not WiFi. The only things I put on my SD Card were the file under "Project M Hackless" that is linked in the OP, and the Hackless WiFi set of Project M off of their website.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Thanks for the reply! I tried it out, and am now connecting to Project M, but not WiFi. The only things I put on my SD Card were the file under "Project M Hackless" that is linked in the OP, and the Hackless WiFi set of Project M off of their website.
I Think you only need the Project M Hackless

some people have reported success by formatting their SD cards before trying out the wifi, according to Rood, the guy who made the hackless wifi set

Jobes

Smash Apprentice
I Think you only need the Project M Hackless

some people have reported success by formatting their SD cards before trying out the wifi, according to Rood, the guy who made the hackless wifi set
After much trial and error, I've got it working now! Thanks a bunch again. Now to find some people to play with.. Is there a message board or anything for finding opponents?

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
After much trial and error, I've got it working now! Thanks a bunch again. Now to find some people to play with.. Is there a message board or anything for finding opponents?
I think there is one in the pm boards

Polterone

Smash Rookie
For anyone who is able to play Project M online on a Wii U, using the hackless method, could you help me out?

What's the best choice for wi-fi?

I already have Project M running, I just need to be pointed in the right direction, (the right method).

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Hello, I looked at the original instructions for the Project M Homebrew version and I believe I've found a method that is easier(?). This is mainly for people who don't want to redownload Project M when they already have the homebrew version or want to keep the Homebrew version for whatever reason (SD Card size maybe). What I did is I took the RSBE01.gct file from Rood's method (thanks) and I plugged it into the Project M homebrew version. The link is for Rood's RSBE01.gct file is here:

mediafire.com/download/yxaikjxizw4n14a/RSBE01.gct

(It says I'm not supposed to post links until I have 10 posts. I'm sorry if I shouldn't be doing this but I thought I'd let you guys know).

I'm not sure if it's necessary to plug it into all these places but here are the places I replaced the old RSBE01.gct file with Rood's file.

SD Root>codes
SD Root>projectm>wifi
SD Root>projectm>full

Then plug the SD Card into your wii and connect to wifi normally.
I'm going to go ahead and post your link myself, for convenience's sake.
This is the code me and my friends use to play online with 3.02, if anyone else wants to use it for similar means.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I've been trying to do this for hours but I still can't seem to get PM to work online. I keep getting the erroe code 20110 and I keep looking back at what I have to do so I redownload and all that stuff but it still doesn't work at all...I need help.

SteR ThA KiiD

Smash Cadet
NNID
SteRxThAxKiiD
i would love to do this but im very cautious on the whole deleting my entire brawl save. Where is the file that will help get the characters back and if i wanted to just play regularly without loading up the wfc brawl will that characters be there?? please help

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I've been trying to do this for hours but I still can't seem to get PM to work online. I keep getting the erroe code 20110 and I keep looking back at what I have to do so I redownload and all that stuff but it still doesn't work at all...I need help.
Hacked or hackless?

i would love to do this but im very cautious on the whole deleting my entire brawl save. Where is the file that will help get the characters back and if i wanted to just play regularly without loading up the wfc brawl will that characters be there?? please help
There's a full save provided in the OP: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...ntent.com/u/22269463/Brawl Wifi/brawlsave.zip

Or are you asking for something else?

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Try this method, if you haven't already. It works better than trying to run through the patcher, then Smash Stack, in my experience.

http://smashboards.com/threads/tutorial-how-to-play-project-m-online.357154/

SteR ThA KiiD

Smash Cadet
NNID
SteRxThAxKiiD
How would i be able to play project M with this since i need a sd card for that

SteR ThA KiiD

Smash Cadet
NNID
SteRxThAxKiiD
ok so im in the middle of playing online and i get a message popping up on the screen as if your brawl cant be read or you take it out while its playing, but the message says

"Communication error. Please try again. For help, visit support.nintendo.com 97003"

this message pops up in the middle of online play, it comes up randomly the error code is 97003 whats going on here? PLEASE HELP

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
So, I play PM via CFG Loader, because my Wii's laser burned out lol.

However, sometime when I play online, there'll be no percentages showing, or it'll randomly desynch and then resynch again. The latter hasn't happened recently, but the former has, OFTEN.

I'm using the PM Wifi Hackles set, and I have a bunch of custom textures if that matters. I patched my iso on my usb drive with the wiimmfi images thingamajig. Do I need to put the wiimmfi images file on my SD card too?

Any way to fix this? @ pidgezero_one pidgezero_one or anyone for that matter.

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I will be replying this thread as soon as I have the chance,

EpicPowered

Smash Cadet
So, I play PM via CFG Loader, because my Wii's laser burned out lol.

However, sometime when I play online, there'll be no percentages showing, or it'll randomly desynch and then resynch again. The latter hasn't happened recently, but the former has, OFTEN.

I'm using the PM Wifi Hackles set, and I have a bunch of custom textures if that matters. I patched my iso on my usb drive with the wiimmfi images thingamajig. Do I need to put the wiimmfi images file on my SD card too?

Any way to fix this? @ pidgezero_one pidgezero_one or anyone for that matter.
My friend and I have the desyching problem on some stages. This is caused by custom textures so we just avoid playing specific stages/picking specific characters. Maybe try removing your custom textures, they may be interfering with the game.

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
Ok im on homebrew version and now all of a sudden I keep getting code 20100 what does this mean it was fine not to long ago and I haven't changed any of my files lately since I switched from Hackless to homebrew.
Disregard this message I just read what the 20100 problem is in the beginning of this thread.

Last edited:

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
Is there a way to do the homebrew version but keep content you added onto and SD, I have custom costumes and music and stage textures and I was wondering.

If I can't through the homebrew version then that's fine, I will just switch them out when I want to practice and play online

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
Well I went and checked everyone isn't getting this 20100 problem am I just unlucky?

EpicPowered

Smash Cadet
Is there a way to do the homebrew version but keep content you added onto and SD, I have custom costumes and music and stage textures and I was wondering.

If I can't through the homebrew version then that's fine, I will just switch them out when I want to practice and play online
If you look at my post on page 14, it might help.
Edit: It's post number 541.

Last edited:

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
thanks dood

How would I go about doing this for Brawl? I am using the Homebrew + Wiimmfi Patcher so how would I go about putting my SKTAR pack for Brawl?

Last edited:
Top Bottom