• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[GUIDE] Connecting to Brawl/PM Wifi post-WFC shutdown: Occasional server issues are temporary

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
So this join friend room problem on PM isn't just me awesome that gives me some hope. So so far from what I read it is just a server issue that will be fixed correct?

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
I've got the hackless version for Brawl, but when I try to add textures, it just crashes when it tries to load them. Any help?

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Scratch that, now my textures just don't work at all. Any help? I did the files correctly, I put the "Melee" folder in stages... (For the vBrawl smashstack hackless one)

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Scratch that, now my textures just don't work at all. Any help? I did the files correctly, I put the "Melee" folder in stages... (For the vBrawl smashstack hackless one)
This might be a better question for kc-mm.com, they specialize in brawl mods over there and the guy who made the wifi code is very active there

Fangblade

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3454-0350-2864
Which one would anyone recommended? I've just downloaded homebrew, so I'm pretty new to extracting and downloading files via the internet. Do any of these work work up to date? I really want to play brawl online with people! I read somewhere that the networks aren't working?

Last edited:

Clutz450

Smash Rookie
Is the warning about using Lan adapters still valid or has it been fixed? I've already connected to the Wiimmfi server with my Lan adapter but now I need to connect with Wi-Fi. I'm just nervous because I know how strict they are with banning and I don't want to wrongfully get banned.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Which one would anyone recommended? I've just downloaded homebrew, so I'm pretty new to extracting and downloading files via the internet. Do any of these work work up to date? I really want to play brawl online with people! I read somewhere that the networks aren't working?
Nope, the servers are online now.
If you want to use Homebrew, I'd recommend Gecko OS and Code manager. If you don't want anything but online (i.e. no custom textures, music, etc) then just use the Homebrew wiimmfi patcher.

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
The servers are up now, but apparently new FCs can longer be manually added to the database : (

This is unlucky for me because now that I just started using these new servers I have to delete my file, and start over without everything unlocked. If I try to use a save file that has everything, it comes with a new FC that I can't use. Is there anyway around this?

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
The servers are up now, but apparently new FCs can longer be manually added to the database : (

This is unlucky for me because now that I just started using these new servers I have to delete my file, and start over without everything unlocked. If I try to use a save file that has everything, it comes with a new FC that I can't use. Is there anyway around this?
Are you using the save file from the OP?

Tockdom

Smash Rookie

The PiD Tool from Maschell should still be able to read your Savefile and upload your FC to the Server.

Also again please remove the Lan Adapter Warning because the LAN Adapter NEVER sends the MAC but the Wii STILL sends the Wifi Moduls MAC address.

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
@ pidgezero_one pidgezero_one I was using the hackless brawl method, and the brawl save file that unlocked everything that was added to the first post.

@ Pikmin1211 Pikmin1211 I don't think codemanager works on mac os. I don't have a pc

@ T Tockdom I'll try to find this tool you speak of. I didn't see it in the OP

EDIT: I think this tool is only useful if I am using a profile that has already connected to wifi before. The current save file I have has everything unlocked but with no online FC. It looks like people who want to use wifi now without hacking their wii will have to start over and unlock everything the hard way :(

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
@ pidgezero_one pidgezero_one I was using the hackless brawl method, and the brawl save file that unlocked everything that was added to the first post.

@ Pikmin1211 Pikmin1211 I don't think codemanager works on mac os. I don't have a pc

@ T Tockdom I'll try to find this tool you speak of. I didn't see it in the OP

EDIT: I think this tool is only useful if I am using a profile that has already connected to wifi before. The current save file I have has everything unlocked but with no online FC. It looks like people who want to use wifi now without hacking their wii will have to start over and unlock everything the hard way :(
the save file from the OP does not have a friend code associated to it, i have used it to generate new FCs on 2 wiis

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
Alright sorry guys false alarm. It turns out you can use the save file that has everything unlocked, AND still use the hackless method to connect to wifi no problem. Even though the profile doesn't have an FC associated to it, a the new generated FC will automatically be added to the database if you simply select "YES" where it asks if your FC is registered in the database already on the riivolution boot menu. Technically this is a lie but using this exploit you can still get online with a fully unlocked profile.

Last edited:

EpicPowered

Smash Cadet
Hello, I looked at the original instructions for the Project M Homebrew version and I believe I've found a method that is easier(?). This is mainly for people who don't want to redownload Project M when they already have the homebrew version or want to keep the Homebrew version for whatever reason (SD Card size maybe). What I did is I took the RSBE01.gct file from Rood's method (thanks) and I plugged it into the Project M homebrew version. The link is for Rood's RSBE01.gct file is here:

mediafire(dot)com/download/yxaikjxizw4n14a/RSBE01(dot)gct

(It says I'm not supposed to post links until I have 10 posts. I'm sorry if I shouldn't be doing this but I thought I'd let you guys know).

I'm not sure if it's necessary to plug it into all these places but here are the places I replaced the old RSBE01.gct file with Rood's file.

SD Root>codes
SD Root>projectm>wifi
SD Root>projectm>full

Then plug the SD Card into your wii and connect to wifi normally.

Sword

Smash Cadet
So whenever I go to enter in my friendcode the website says "sorry it is no longer possible to enter new friendcodes" Is there something else I can do? Please help I really want to be able to play brawl online again.

Fangblade

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3454-0350-2864
Nope, the servers are online now.
If you want to use Homebrew, I'd recommend Gecko OS and Code manager. If you don't want anything but online (i.e. no custom textures, music, etc) then just use the Homebrew wiimmfi patcher.
Thanks a ton!. Easier then installing homebrew. Can't thank you enough.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
all right, I couldn't find any info about it, so i suppose I'll ask... what exactly did Rood do differently with this GCT file?

[I suppose I'll also ask opinions on my current problem while I'm at it...

at one point, I went to a tourney in pensacola and beforehand swapped out to the PM full build, common5, mu_menumain, gct, all that stuff... so afterward i swap back to the Wifi safe edition and decided i wanted to add some brstms. I do so, defrag my SD card to ensure they work, and then I have difficulty getting on wifi, another defrag was done, I assumed the something was wrong, so I replace the PM hackless trigger file. that fixed it then

now it's happening again... i replaced the entire wimmfi patcher as well as the custom stage trigger, and my attempts to go online results in error 20110... according to all these guides, that says the patch failed. why did it fail, and what could have caused this in the first place?]

Last edited:

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
So whenever I go to enter in my friendcode the website says "sorry it is no longer possible to enter new friendcodes" Is there something else I can do? Please help I really want to be able to play brawl online again.
It's too late to do that. You had to do that before May 18th. The only option you have is to delete your save file and download a code to get everything back (stages and characters)

Sword

Smash Cadet
It's too late to do that. You had to do that before May 18th. The only option you have is to delete your save file and download a code to get everything back (stages and characters)
Oh ok I can still do it. I have an AR code thing so I can unlock all them back in just a quick sec. Thanks. :) Also, do I have to do anything with my newfriend code after deleting everything?

Last edited:

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
Oh ok I can still do it. I have an AR code thing so I can unlock all them back in just a quick sec. Thanks. :) Also, do I have to do anything with my newfriend code after deleting everything?
Once you download the code to get WiFi and put it in your SD card, the game will automatically give you a new FC when you first connect. Didn't know if that answered your question.

Sword

Smash Cadet
Once you download the code to get WiFi and put it in your SD card, the game will automatically give you a new FC when you first connect. Didn't know if that answered your question.
It did, thanks man you really helped me out.

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
So I used the hackless wifi gecko, copied the files onto an SD card and put it in the wii. I am online in Basic Brawl and there is no opponents. Is there something wrong? Anyone?

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
So I used the hackless wifi gecko, copied the files onto an SD card and put it in the wii. I am online in Basic Brawl and there is no opponents. Is there something wrong? Anyone?
Basic Brawl still works, but it is mostly dead. You'll have to wait a long time to find an opponent.

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Basic Brawl still works, but it is mostly dead. You'll have to wait a long time to find an opponent.
So what is everyone doing? All I want is an old fashioned taunt party! Maybe a little friendly fighting. :)

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
So what is everyone doing? All I want is an old fashioned taunt party! Maybe a little friendly fighting. :)
I'm guessing cause the online was alot stronger before May 20th, because alot of people still don't know you can play Brawl online. :ohwell:

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
I'm guessing cause the online was alot stronger before May 20th, because alot of people still don't know you can play Brawl online. :ohwell:
What about all these people in this thread getting online? What are they doing? Right now I am sitting in a team battle practice stage with one other person. Woohoo!

I tried Project M with friends, but I didn't much care for it. Everyone seemed to be really advanced and it's hard to learn when you're getting slapped around! lol

Still waiting in practice stage....

Tockdom

Smash Rookie
Why the hell does everyone wants to delete Savegames. If you were online on the Nintendo Servers before use the PID Tool which sends your necessary Informations from your Savegame to the Server so you DONT have to delete your Savegame. If your Savegame had no Friendcode to begin with you will get one from the Server anyway.

Also: wiimmfi.profeibe.at doesnt work anymore because Gamespy's Account Server was taken down.

chrisall76

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chrisall76
3DS FC
2921-9185-8763
For the Project M homebrew link, he uses the hackless Project M instead.
Would it still work with homebrew instead of hackless somehow (guessing no)?

Top Bottom