• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Green Pancakes 21! Brawl tourney In payson UT! <3

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ill do some mms, and this time ill try and bring ones so i dont go frantically searching for change lol

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
My yoshi is improving little by little, and im getting better and more confident every time. I've still got some things I need to learn or brush up on, oh and less sd's now lol

CGing is simple now, airials are sexy, and I actually have a decent camping game now ;D

DZLE

Smash Master

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Lankey still hasn't confirmed if he can give me a ride or not.
I've been at work all day. I just got home now.

I got meetings and stuff in the morning, so the best way I can do this is if you can make it to my house at least. I only live in Draper, and I could probably go to the Trax on 100 S in Sandy if needed.

This is the best I can offer. If you need a ride, my number is 801-503-2104. Text me after 9:30 about your situation and I can see what I can do.

I can fit up to 5 or 6 so anybody who still needs one...

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I've been at work all day. I just got home now.

I got meetings and stuff in the morning, so the best way I can do this is if you can make it to my house at least. I only live in Draper, and I could probably go to the Trax on 100 S in Sandy if needed.

This is the best I can offer. If you need a ride, my number is 801-503-2104. Text me after 9:30 about your situation and I can see what I can do.

I can fit up to 5 or 6 so anybody who still needs one...
I was just informed I have to do something tomorrow. :( sorry but I can't go.

___X___

Smash Lord
Alright guys this is it!! it's tourney time!!!!!! Be sure to bring anything you can! tables/chairs/wii's/tv's ETC!!!!! I can't do this alone, so please lend me your energy!!!!!!!!!

r3d d09

Smash Master
... why didn't you get ahold of chairs, tables. etc before hand, i can understand setups, but chairs and tables?

so far this is sketchy and this is the day of xD lol.

r3d d09

Smash Master
stuff like that, you should get from the beginning, what you do is you get the stuff and set it aside days before the tourney, instead of people bringing them the day of.

now we'll have random stuff being brought the whole time xD what ever works. Shows it's harder than some thing to get a nice turnout + everything else.

DZLE

Smash Master
Serve was supposed to be at my house at 9:45 but it's nearing 11 and I haven't see or heard from him and I can't get ahold of him...

So we will probably be late if we make it at all lol, I need to get ahold of him somewhow

Serve just woke up, phone died and alarm didnt go off LOL

Be there in a bit.

Sorry guys

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
I pretty much PWN'd
Yaz is lucky PB&I let him win.
Gangstakirby is lucky he teamed with a jigglypuff. >:9

@X
I deff need to talk to you on MSN.

@PB&J
Lets win next time! >:=
I'll bring my darth vader mask.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I pretty much pwned friendlies and mms (3 out of 3 woot) but only took 13th in the tourney... Epic fail

___X___

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who attended and thanks for making this all possible! I really enjoyed seeing everyone there!! so, should I start hosting monthly's? please give me your feed back on how I did as a TO and how my tourney was!!!!!
I love you guys, I feel like my smash family is being rebuilt.
This tourney was everything I hoped for it it be.
once again, thank you.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Hey guys, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who attended and thanks for making this all possible! I really enjoyed seeing everyone there!! so, should I start hosting monthly's? please give me your feed back on how I did as a TO and how my tourney was!!!!!
I love you guys, I feel like my smash family is being rebuilt.
This tourney was everything I hoped for it it be.
once again, thank you.
X, did you take first? Or better yet, can anyone post the results?
Sounds like the tourney went smooth and everything.

DZLE

Smash Master
It was great, and I tied for 9th I think. Saw 9 by my name. Not as good as I had hoped, and I should have gone further but oh well. I owned 2 toon links in a row at the beginning like it was nobodies business.

MM's were good, i think i was 2/3? or something. I beat RJ in his MM, Lost to ZZ (SD'd at 13% as lucario, he was one smash away from death lol, good matches though), forgot the other.

Good tourney IMO. X did a pretty good job as a TO. My only problem was that the setups were moving all over and we even lost a few in the middle of tourney. Lost a ton of chairs and tables. All that should be taken care of days in advance imo. Like in your possession.

Either way best tourney i've been to in a long time and I gave it a severe thumbs up. The amount of scrubs was great, although I'm glad there were many people and hope they stick around.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Dude X, the tourney was great man. You did a really good job of getting it together.

Really, the only complaint overall were the setups. Like DZLE said, it sucked losing a great majority of the chairs and all the tables. When you host the next one, we need to get that out of the way by seeing who can bring them ahead of time.

Otherwise, it was excellent. I sincerely hope you try to host monthlies from here on out.

And let's see the results already!

-Serve-

Smash Cadet
Well, X won the tourney, C!Z took second, not sure about 3rd, want to say RJ.

The tourney was pretty awesome, nice little Venue, wasn't too crowded. You did a good job X, especially getting a bunch of people to come. You should definitely host another one man, I'd definitely come.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Fine...if you guys are in that desperate for the results...

BRAWL DOUBLES
1: **** McGee (X & Lada) ($36.00)
2: Perfect **** (Yaz & C!Z) ($18.00)
3: Sexy Hairy Guys (lanky_gunner & Serve) ($6.00)
4: Ducati (Kang! & Zeth)
5: Rim & Blow (gangstakirby & BJ)
5: Moo Pickles (Staz & Dakota)
7: PBnChain (Chain & PBnJ)
7: Nom Nom Nom (Alex & Zak)
9: Dream Team (Nathan & Jeff)
9: Ridin' on my Zephyr (DZLE & r3d d09)
9: Z'zmix (Z'zgashi & Rockmix)
9: Whatever (deathbysuarez & Danny)
13: Stevechriskevin (Zack & Clint)
13: Karl (Karl & Karl)
13: Alpha (Vitaliy & Mitch)
13: Demons of Adventurous Manliness (Trent & Dylan)
17: Japan (Junior & Mike)
17: SS Squad (Sam & Sam)
17: Squad Seven (Chase & Colton)
17: The Anti-Poon (Chris & Kaleb)

BRAWL SINGLES
1: X ($35.00)
2: C!Z ($17.00)
3: Lada ($6.00)
4: lanky_gunner
5: gangstakirby
5: Zeth
7: Yaz
7: deathbysuarez
9: BJ
9: DZLE
9: KANG!
9: vahn
13: rockmix
13: Staz
13: PBnJ
13: Z'zgashi
17: Dylan
17: Chip
17: push
17: danny green
17: trent
17: Aidan
17: Serve
17: Boots
25: Bau
25: Klub
25: christian
25: Clint
25: Zak

Also, if people are wondering why the prize money doesn't add up to the total number of entrants: it's because X allowed a bunch of people to enter for free, simply because they didn't have money...

And it's not like I care too much about the credit, but I see only X being complimented when I ran the entire bracket for both tournaments, calling matches out promptly despite all the different problems... Only until there were only 4 people left in the bracket (whom were all the vets), did I leave the laptop to actual do friendlies on an empty TV.
I don't think I'll be willing to drive 2.5 hours round trip just to pay a venue fee so that I can run a tournament, again. It's not that I care about the venue fee, but the fact that I didn't have to drive so far, didn't have to bust my *** with running the tournament, and got to play more friendlies at RJ's. (And I don't want to hear any response like, "You didn't have to run the tournament." Considering that I was being pestered like crazy to come back to the laptop when I first started to do Brawl+ friendlies with DZLE after Doubles whined down to the top 3-4 teams...) With the fact that after Doubles, about a dozen people left; I have a feeling that the next tournament down there will get less people to come, making it less worth it. C!Z was disappointed by the turnout since he had his expectations high with all the hype and promise of 50+ people, so with this and that aforementioned possibility, I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to come back, either.
TL;DR: If you didn't bother to read it, then you are probably not someone that needs to know.
inb4lolragequit: I'll still be attending smash events occasionally; it's just the chance of me coming down to Payson again is slim unless something changes (not sure what, though).
inb4coolstorybro/u mad?: Whatever...

PS: This post might sound like I'm angry, but I'm not; I'm just mildly annoyed.

___X___

Smash Lord
I'm sorry PC but you over exaggerated wayyyy tooo much.
I remember calling you back to the lap top ONCE and you said "WHY" and I said "Never mind, stay there. I'll take care of it"
You act like sitting at a computer was THE HARDEST THING.
I didn't get to play ANY friendlies, I only got to money match yaz and gkirbs once.
and that's it.
most of the time I was calling out matches with the MIC, setting things up, standing at the front of the door to take venue, addressing people where to go, setting up the food stand, receiving the tourney entry, and more.
I'm not complaining about all the stuff I did, I'm simply saying that you shouldn't act like you did a lot and act annoyed with it, when I did more.
I know the drive was long and that you are a busy man, but you did it for a good cause.
and all you guys got a feel of what I have to go through every WEEK just to get to kirbys house.

I'm sorry that you thought doing that was annoying.
next time I host I'll be sure to do all that myself.

but thanks a lot for your time and effort, it meant a lot.
besides, the tourney turned out great!

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
Hey I had a lot of fun at this tournament! It ran pretty smoothly for the most part and having a crowd cheer and go crazy was awesome! Thanks for running it Chris! GGs to everyone I played (except for C!Z cause you kinda suck really bad).

Thanks for doing everything you did PC. You know our smash scene wouldn't be the same without you. I ended up doing way better than I thought too :) Woot!! Seventh place hell yeah!

I'd def come to another tourney if Chris decided to host again.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I liked it a lot too, Id come again! I lost some gay matches tho...

Yaz, post one more time so you have 100 :D

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I remember calling you back to the lap top ONCE and you said "WHY" and I said "Never mind, stay there. I'll take care of it"
Oh, so calling me by every name you can think of then coming up with words with the initial PC to call me means calling me "once" to you...
I didn't get to play ANY friendlies, I only got to money match yaz and gkirbs once.
and that's it.
Well, duh... You made it to the finals on both tournaments. Back in the Melee, during tournaments with a stitch no-friendly policy, I don't get to do friendlies, either...
most of the time I was calling out matches with the MIC, setting things up, standing at the front of the door to take venue, addressing people where to go, setting up the food stand, receiving the tourney entry, and more.
I'm not complaining about all the stuff I did, I'm simply saying that you shouldn't act like you did a lot and act annoyed with it, when I did more.
I know the drive was long and that you are a busy man, but you did it for a good cause.
and all you guys got a feel of what I have to go through every WEEK just to get to kirbys house
Well, yeah, you were the host, so it's expected that you had to do those things. And I never said I did more than you. You profited from this, so you can't really complain about the stuff you did, so that's not even a defense.
And I understand that you have to drive far to gkirby's tournament, but at least you and your bros are pretty much almost guaranteed to get some sort of return back.
You're the one that wanted me to come and help out with the tournament, and asked me to; and I decided to be a friend and help you out. The fact that I was going lead to me having to do a lot of extra things to get there (long story, and it's completely not your fault, so I'm not blaming this on you or anything; just wanted to point that out).

The thing I was really annoyed about was how you let people in for free, especially someone that can beat a lot of the people there that ACTUALLY PAID (talking about KANG!, since most of the other free-entries didn't matter as much) just because they didn't have money. And when I told you how it's unfair how someone that actually paid their entry can be defeated by someone who got in for free (which did happen multiple times, despite my efforts to prevent this), your response was "I don't care" with a smirk. Well, of course you don't, since you're not one of those people that can lose to someone that didn't pay. The only reason Yaz lost to KANG! was because he was cocky. But this led to Danny Green, among others, to lose to Yaz in loser's, and he was kind of upset for having to play Yaz right after losing his first round match.
CLICK HERE FOR SINGLES' BRACKET
Then I'm pretty sure Staz would have beat KANG!, and DZLE would have been more content with having to play Staz instead of Yaz. And no matter who wins between Staz or DZLE, both of them will not character sandbag against gkirby (and I have a feeling something went on behind the scenes with the Yaz vs. gkirby match-up). So this changed everything.
It's probably the thing I'm most annoyed about regarding this tournament...

EDIT: Z'zgashi, post 796 more times so you have 2000 :D

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
It sounds as if everyone had a blast! Good job on winning the tourney Chris, you're lucky I wasn't there. haha I'm kidding. Turn out looked great!

I'm glad PC always ends up helping out hosting, whether he wants to or not.

As for my Saturday, I ended up finding a WILD GOJIRA at lagoon. Almost caught him too.

dRyu Edit: It doesn't take much to beat good ole McGkirbs. Yet he ended up getting so farrr!

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
Well, I thought it was super fun!
It sucks you didn't get to play more PC, I was actually thinking they should switch you out or something.
You were playing some friendlies and steve or someone came over all like 'Come on PC, the tourny doesn't run itself" Hahaha.

If we got it running a bit sooner, and more streamline, I think people will be able to stay for more events.
This time I had to leave as soon as I got eliminated from doubles, but next time I come, I definitely want to stay the full run.

I have a really Nice PA system that I'm going to try to bring to the next one I am able to go to.
Having the crowds cheering was fun, and I think a commentator would be really fun too!

I loved the venue, I loved the turn out.

X has been bugging me to go to every single tourney for about a year now, and I've only come to a few because, although they were fun, I didn't think they were worth the amount of time it took to actually go to them.
But this tourney I actually felt was well worth my Saturday.

PC, I think your opinion of the event would have been a lot better if you actually got to participate more.

Top Bottom