• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Green Pancakes 21! Brawl tourney In payson UT! <3

PBnJ

Smash Cadet
ggs everyone! Fun teaming w/ you Chain!

I'll try and get less scrubby w/ Fox so I don't have to rely on my barely-par Snack before the next tourney I go to. Unless it's against a sheik/ic's/pika (looks at zz haha).

X you were great imo, but I've been gone for a while so you could have pooped on a slice of bread and called it a tournament and I wouldn't have cared.

I wasn't aware about people getting in for free at the tourney, and while this prolly didn't affect my placing, I agree with PC that it is unfair and ended up with a lot of funky things going on because of Yaz losing to Joel.

I'll see if I can get some of my friends to come along for further events.

Thanks again! I had a great time!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I reeeeeally need to learn my fox mu, ive never really played one with yoshi before :p

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Wow, I was unaware some of the people didn't pay to get in.

Yeah, that is a bit unfair. It totally throws off the structure of the tournament when one player, who can vastly beat the majority of the paying smashers, gets in for free.

I mean, if they needed money, there was a gas station, which probably had an ATM. They could of gotten a few bucks from it.

But PC, maybe I can help with running tournaments. I stepped in from time to time to announce matches. But I'm not one to play friendlies. So maybe in between my matches, and I help you run them, or run them myself while you go play friendlies.

I might as well be doing something in between...

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
yeah, that's weird cause gkirbz uses him too... and you lost the set to his snake, not his fox :laugh: :laugh:
The snake was close but i sd'd the first stock... Gkirbs never goes fox on me cuz he thinks yoshi can cg him, but he cant :p

DZLE

Smash Master
Smash over *****es all daylay.
Smash > *****es

For that knee grow Red deezy.
We still need to play some melee G!
Hellz yeahhh

Also, red dizzog we needa practice teams. WE gotta fly that zephyr.

@having a commentator
rofl that would be cool, i'd love to commentate some matches :laugh:

@another tourney

I'd go.

@people getting in for free
makes me :( because i paid money i dont have to get in and play.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im not a fan of freebee's either, but i could understand the little 8 or 10 year old

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
This tourney was legit Im actually thinking about hosting a tourney here in slc. I know a great venue. I'm thinking having one maybe early to mid July

___X___

Smash Lord
But remember, July already has GEEX.
I should be planning another tournament sometime maybe next week.
we'll see.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Make them all pay money X, no exceptions (unless they are TOing of course)

___X___

Smash Lord
Well now, the only reason I let them in for FREE was because THEY HAD NO MONEY LEFT.
If I hadn't they would have just left. I wanted them to see what it was like to be in a tourney and how it felt like. and I wanted them to stay for friendlies as well! (which they did)

It also wasn't even a lot of money. I made sure that me and my brothers paid (kang didn't of course, because he had no money) just so it would make up for some of the unpaid entry's, when I simply could have just pulled a g kirbs and let myself in for free. whoever had money left, I made SURE that they paid. I did not let ANYONE in for free who had money.

Like I said before, this tourney is an introduction to the Utah smash scene. The money is of no importance to me. I just wanted EVERYONE to have a good time. but the next time I will enforce payment.

besides, shouldn't I be the one worrying about it the most since I place 1st? :laugh:
also, I don't wanna hear any arguments on how some people who didn't pay beat some people that did.
I am well aware of anything and everything that happened. no need to inform me.

___X___

Smash Lord
hey Hey HEY!!!!!!!!!!! I said I MIGHT have a raffle!!!! plus I totally forgot about it LOL!!
but I will for SURE have a raffle next time!! I'm sure my next tourney will be much much better!!
and LOL @ Alex's avi hahahahah GINGER KID LOL!!

Top Bottom