• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Hey guys I tweeted to Smashified/Omni and i asked them to make a smashified version of Geno and just now they favourited my tweet (i feel so special) and also they gave us a hint to who they are making next.......... but its not really a good hint https://twitter.com/smashified/status/613382619162542080
Ok, just come out of nowhere to say, don;t rely on favoriting because i think he favorites like anything.

I actually got favorited for Paper Mario, I know someone else got the same result. Basically, if he favorited the tweet, he read it.

Just making this clear because frankly, idk why he does that :) i mean just check the tweets he favorited....there;s a lot in there.

NateCurtis(NJC)

Smash Apprentice
Ok, just come out of nowhere to say, don;t rely on favoriting because i think he favorites like anything.

I actually got favorited for Paper Mario, I know someone else got the same result. Basically, if he favorited the tweet, he read it.

Just making this clear because frankly, idk why he does that :) i mean just check the tweets he favorited....there;s a lot in there.
awww but i felt special :sadeyes::(

Akahoshi

Smash Rookie
Well, I read this thread since April 2nd but English isn't my mother language so... I didn't write anything. Hey, I'm just a french teenager ~

I'm going to Japan Expo in Paris on July 3rd. There, I'll see Shigeru Miyamoto and I hope I can say something to him about Geno. I spread the word everywhere I can : all my friends know about him now !
Oh, and I play on a RPG forum (I don't know how to say that in English, I think it's like that) as Geno. Just wanted to say that fact.

This game is a masterpiece, and like lots of you I really hope there'll be something about Geno, or even about SMRPG itself in the new Mario & Luigi Paper Jam. And, of course, I hope he'll make it in Smash Bros. thanks to the ballot ! He would be soooo awesome in that game and the moveset you made there is just wonderful.

Anyway, I'll ask Miyamoto about Geno (by drawings if I have to). I don't know if I can do something like this, but it's just like a dream for me. I'm really determined ! Keep spreading the word guys, our little star can do this ! o/

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I was exploring in the Geno brawl thread but there is something weird there is a lot of pictures and videos that has disappeared and the files can't be seen there again (it's broken or deleted?) Can someone explain for me what happend there? Because some people there made a video for Geno moveset and some were creating pictures of forest maze stage (they were drawing or maybe a 3D models there) I really want to see what the old Geno fans have created there oh and I still remember the "Geno alliance"

Last edited:

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
Well, I read this thread since April 2nd but English isn't my mother language so... I didn't write anything. Hey, I'm just a french teenager ~

I'm going to Japan Expo in Paris on July 3rd. There, I'll see Shigeru Miyamoto and I hope I can say something to him about Geno. I spread the word everywhere I can : all my friends know about him now !
Oh, and I play on a RPG forum (I don't know how to say that in English, I think it's like that) as Geno. Just wanted to say that fact.

This game is a masterpiece, and like lots of you I really hope there'll be something about Geno, or even about SMRPG itself in the new Mario & Luigi Paper Jam. And, of course, I hope he'll make it in Smash Bros. thanks to the ballot ! He would be soooo awesome in that game and the moveset you made there is just wonderful.

Anyway, I'll ask Miyamoto about Geno (by drawings if I have to). I don't know if I can do something like this, but it's just like a dream for me. I'm really determined ! Keep spreading the word guys, our little star can do this ! o/
Heyyy Bienvenue French fellow ! :D (Nice to see someone from my country...But I would rather speak English xD)
And what ?! Miyamoto will be there in Japan Expo ?! O_o I didn't hear that ! (Well, maybe mostly because I haven't planned on going there...Yet--)

And yeah, RPG forum can work, or Roleplaying forum if you want :) And I would like a link to see, please >w<

I hope too that there will be some hint of them being in the game or some cool Easter egg, one of the two would be great for me >u<

You can try by drawing if you want, or you can ask someone who knows Japanese to do it for you :) Well to be honest, I think the issue would be more for Sakurai than Miyamoto but again, you can try x)

Akahoshi

Smash Rookie
Heyyy Bienvenue French fellow ! :D (Nice to see someone from my country...But I would rather speak English xD)
And what ?! Miyamoto will be there in Japan Expo ?! O_o I didn't hear that ! (Well, maybe mostly because I haven't planned on going there...Yet--)

And yeah, RPG forum can work, or Roleplaying forum if you want :) And I would like a link to see, please >w<

I hope too that there will be some hint of them being in the game or some cool Easter egg, one of the two would be great for me >u<

You can try by drawing if you want, or you can ask someone who knows Japanese to do it for you :) Well to be honest, I think the issue would be more for Sakurai than Miyamoto but again, you can try x)
Hey ! And thanks for your welcome ! It means a lot for me. ^w^
Well, I know it would be better to ask Sakurai, but he isn't there so... I have no choice ! x)
I don't know anyone who speak Japanese, so I'll try in English. I hope it will be fine as well ~

And for the forum, there you are. ;)

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
Well, I know it would be better to ask Sakurai, but he isn't there so... I have no choice ! x)
I don't know anyone who speak Japanese, so I'll try in English. I hope it will be fine as well ~

You're welcome ! :D Always nice to see new Geno supporters ^^

And Wow ! Been a long time since I saw a RPG forum ! :') Looks pretty neat and tempting in some ways xD

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380

please tell him about Geno's popularity and tell him to tell sakurai that we want him back. please your the only one who can tell him directly. you are our hope for now fellow star warrior.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
How do you guys feel about making a Geno 4 Smash Facebook group?
I'm doing perfectly A-Ok and the best thing I can do to manage these two of my personal Community Club groups for Geno and Shantae! Geno got 258 Likes/https://www.facebook.com/pages/Geno...in-Smash-4-3DSWii-U-verisons/1722501687975421 and for the lovely Half-Genie Heroine: Shantae got 348 Likes/https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shan...s-in-Smash-4-3DSWii-U-version/769600476420657 But, in other words, we need to make a big deal for Geno's appearances in Smash & especially getting more supporters in TIME! P.S: Hey, @ kiteinthesky kiteinthesky ! I've made a account on Reddit.com, so now what? #GenoForSmash
geno sign.png
& #ShantaeForSmash
jSncElT Shantae card.png

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Yeah we need more people here like in brawl days
yes we do T^T
I'm doing perfectly A-Ok and the best thing I can do to manage these two of my personal Community Club groups for Geno and Shantae! Geno got 258 Likes/https://www.facebook.com/pages/Geno-as-DLC-playable-character-requested-in-Smash-4-3DSWii-U-verisons/1722501687975421 and for the lovely Half-Genie Heroine: Shantae got 348 Likes/https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shantae-friends-as-DLC-playable-characters-in-Smash-4-3DSWii-U-version/769600476420657 But, in other words, we need to make a big deal for Geno's appearances in Smash & especially getting more supporters in TIME! P.S: Hey, @ kiteinthesky kiteinthesky ! I've made a account on Reddit.com, so now what? #GenoForSmashView attachment 58401 & #ShantaeForSmashView attachment 58403
yea I agree XD
awww but i felt special :sadeyes::(
awww Nate you are special and awesome and well your doing a great job :D

Last edited:

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage

Bring a picture of Geno, or wear a shirt with him on it or something! Maybe you could even ask Miyamoto to sign a Mario RPG picture :D

Geno Boost

Smash Master

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
guys a new article came out from sakurai saying that the next characters are going to be from fan service which means that the next characters he gives us are going to be the one we asked for. if you want the link here you go. http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/2...to-smash-bros-werent-part-of-the-user-ballot/
I just saw it ! I'm happy to hear that. (I thought Ryu and Roy were the first "Ballot Winners" (as this person in the comment said))
Let's hope for Geno to get in ! That would be the ultimate fanservice~ :3

So the characters who are not voted a lot are not going to be added?
Not really, I think that the Ballot criteria to get in is different.
Yes, the one who are not voted don't get in but every vote counts as a potential.
I don't think the number counts. More the reason why they should be in.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I just saw it ! I'm happy to hear that. (I thought Ryu and Roy were the first "Ballot Winners" (as this person in the comment said))
Let's hope for Geno to get in ! That would be the ultimate fanservice~ :3

Not really, I think that the Ballot criteria to get in is different.
Yes, the one who are not voted don't get in but every vote counts as a potential.
I don't think the number counts. More the reason why they should be in.
I voted Geno today 2 times 1 on Samsung and 1 on wiiu giving different reasons. that's mean now I voted geno 5 times on 5 different systems I think I am going to vote for geno on 3ds later I just want to put Geno in a very high place on the ballout like when he was in brawl poll

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
I voted Geno today 2 times 1 on Samsung and 1 on wiiu giving different reasons. that's mean now I voted geno 5 times on 5 different systems I think I am going to vote for geno on 3ds later I just want to put Geno in a very high place on the ballout like when he was in brawl poll
I voted Geno from everying I own and every ballot I could....

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
We really need to seek out as many of the Geno fans from the Brawl days as possible and get them to vote for Geno in the Smash ballot.

I actually checked out the first page of the old Brawl Geno thread here and the majority of the posters there haven't been active in years. :( I wonder what happened to them and how we can find the rest.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
We really need to seek out as many of the Geno fans from the Brawl days as possible and get them to vote for Geno in the Smash ballot.

I actually checked out the first page of the old Brawl Geno thread here and the majority of the posters there haven't been active in years. :( I wonder what happened to them and how we can find the rest.
Or maybe we could go to deivenart and tumblr Geno fans and ask them to come here to get new people there is a lot of Geno fans there

Last edited:

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
So I was thinking about Kirby costumes, because the one for Lucina surprised me, as kirby wore a mask/eye-were-thing rather than a (insert the top-portion-ideal-standard-staple-here.) I then thought, that is pretty cool, and I guess that makes Lucina cool too.

Now I think "Wait Kirby, are you sure you want to copy Geno's Hat? You could have his eys and Nut-Cracker Jaw or even a cape! Maybe even a giant wind up gear on the back of your body with a star floating around your head! That would make you cool(er), and that would make geno cool(er) too!" LOL Also I hope he shows off a 'pick-me-up' as a taunt. I could see him taking a gulp through a straw while starring with a soft look that reads "Yeah, that just happened."

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
I have voted for Geno XD
So I was thinking about Kirby costumes, because the one for Lucina surprised me, as kirby wore a mask/eye-were-thing rather than a (insert the top-portion-ideal-standard-staple-here.) I then thought, that is pretty cool, and I guess that makes Lucina cool too.
Now I think "Wait Kirby, are you sure you want to copy Geno's Hat? You could have his eys and Nut-Cracker Jaw or even a cape! Maybe even a giant wind up gear on the back of your body with a star floating around your head! That would make you cool(er), and that would make geno cool(er) too!" LOL Also I hope he shows off a 'pick-me-up' as a taunt. I could see him taking a gulp through a straw while starring with a soft look that reads "Yeah, that just happened."
well the reason why they made Kirby where the mask is because Lucina has the same hair as Marth so they needed more of a difference

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
i was bored so i made this.
this is Geno alt skin if he is going to be in smash but i couldnt make all of them because 3 of them are hard to make it

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
umm guys I got a few questions. I've heard that the creators of the mario & luigi rpg games bought the rights to mallow and geno as of last year but I can not find the source to the article. Lastly since the interview with Sakurai, He has stated that the next several DLC characters will be fan service characters.... do you think Geno would be a likely one of them?

Geno Boost

Smash Master
umm guys I got a few questions. I've heard that the creators of the mario & luigi rpg games bought the rights to mallow and geno as of last year but I can not find the source to the article. Lastly since the interview with Sakurai, He has stated that the next several DLC characters will be fan service characters.... do you think Geno would be a likely one of them?
If geno is in the top 10 then he is likley

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
He is very likely since he has been asked for a long time and is still being asked for in high demand they would be dumb not to bring him in my opinion

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
So Sakurai has pretty much come out and said that Roy, Lucas, and Ryu were already in development for DLC long before the Smash Bros. fighter ballot was announced and that the only DLC characters that will be put in the game will be purely fan service characters. Now, when I hear the term "fan service characters", that says to me characters that you would never normally see in Super Smash Bros, but are in it to appease the fans. In other words, I think of somewhat jokey characters that probably won't be making appearances in futer Smash Bros. games anytime soon. King K. Rool definitely fits that bill, and even Banjo & Kazooie (despite how low the odds are) fit that description too. But considering how vocal the Geno fan base has been since Melee, I think that means Geno could have a shot, even if this is the only game he appears in.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
So Sakurai has pretty much come out and said that Roy, Lucas, and Ryu were already in development for DLC long before the Smash Bros. fighter ballot was announced and that the only DLC characters that will be put in the game will be purely fan service characters. Now, when I hear the term "fan service characters", that says to me characters that you would never normally see in Super Smash Bros, but are in it to appease the fans. In other words, I think of somewhat jokey characters that probably won't be making appearances in futer Smash Bros. games anytime soon. King K. Rool definitely fits that bill, and even Banjo & Kazooie (despite how low the odds are) fit that description too. But considering how vocal the Geno fan base has been since Melee, I think that means Geno could have a shot, even if this is the only game he appears in.
I don't think that means we won't get joke characters in smash 5 when he said service to the end he means only the DLC that's high fans choises on the ballout are going to get in because they make a lot of money but doesn't mean we won't get joke character in future smash games I wouldn't be surprised if I saw dk jr. And nester (Nintendo power mascot) get in smash 5

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
I don't think that means we won't get joke characters in smash 5 when he said service to the end he means only the DLC that's high fans choises on the ballout are going to get in because they make a lot of money but doesn't mean we won't get joke character in future smash games I wouldn't be surprised if I saw dk jr. And nester (Nintendo power mascot) get in smash 5
Donkey Kong Jr. might be a fun one as a joke, but Nester is a lot less likely because Nintendo Power was only released in North America, so a very small percentage of the worldwide population actually knows who he is. The only game he has had was Nester's Funky Bowling for the Virtual Boy. I kinda consider Duck Hunt to be a joke character. If you want my opinion, a good "joke character" to see in Smash Bros. would be Professor Layton. Someone so serious and so not akin to brawling would be hilarious to see. If Phoenix Wright can go up against Galactus in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, why not Professor Layton against Master Hand? :p

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Where did you hear this? Which article said it?

We still need to get everybody back together and vote for Geno in the ballot though. It's the ballot they're counting, not the Brawl poll unfortunately. :(

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Where did you hear this? Which article said it?

We still need to get everybody back together and vote for Geno in the ballot though. It's the ballot they're counting, not the Brawl poll unfortunately. :(
well some one around the forum said it IDK if its a sick joke or not....

Staarih

Smash Master
So I've been extremely quiet in this thread (and the whole forum too really), but now that the situation with DLC seems to be "fan-service only", or something along those lines, we really should step it up with voting for Geno, and getting more people to do it as well, old and new fans. People keep on saying he has 0% chance of getting in, which I guess isn't totally wrong either, but all is fair game in this ballot. If plenty of people show support for the character, he can't go un-noticed at least - it could help Geno appear somewhere, somehow again.

Last edited:

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
So I've been extremely quiet in this thread (and the whole forum too really), but now that the situation with DLC seems to be "fan-service only", or something along those lines, we really should step it up with voting for Geno, and getting more people to do it as well, old and new fans. People keep on saying he has 25% chance of getting in, which I guess isn't totally wrong either, but all is fair game in this ballot. If plenty of people show support for the character, he can't go un-noticed at least - it could help Geno appear somewhere, somehow again.
I made it better shhhhhh XD but honestly yes we do

Geno Boost

Smash Master
So I've been extremely quiet in this thread (and the whole forum too really), but now that the situation with DLC seems to be "fan-service only", or something along those lines, we really should step it up with voting for Geno, and getting more people to do it as well, old and new fans. People keep on saying he has 0% chance of getting in, which I guess isn't totally wrong either, but all is fair game in this ballot. If plenty of people show support for the character, he can't go un-noticed at least - it could help Geno appear somewhere, somehow again.
0% chance is wrong because Geno is not impossible In smash the only impssible characters are:
-non video game characters
-characters that didn't appear in Nintendo console
-characters that didn't make any important things from its game
-characters that sakurai hates (unless if he change his mind)
Don't get tricked by other people here because I heared some of them saying "i hope Geno supports dies"

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Don't get tricked by other people here because I heared some of them saying "i hope Geno supports dies"
Which I don't understand. There are people who simply don't like certain characters but there are people who actively and passionately speak out against having Geno in as if they hate the character. Is that run-off from the Brawl days when people were put-off by the fandom? It's been eight freaking years. Why would they still hate Geno fans to this day, especially considering that a lot of those people aren't even here anymore?

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Which I don't understand. There are people who simply don't like certain characters but there are people who actively and passionately speak out against having Geno in as if they hate the character. Is that run-off from the Brawl days when people were put-off by the fandom? It's been eight freaking years. Why would they still hate Geno fans to this day, especially considering that a lot of those people aren't even here anymore?
Before smash 4 was released most people on smashboards were saying like "geno is a good choice" "I don't mind having him" "maybe could join" but after the ballout appeared people are now saying "geno is impossible" "geno is going to ruin the roster" "I don't like him" I don't understand what happend to people on smashboards

Top Bottom