• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Ryu from Street Fighter and the long awaited Roy from Fire Emblem

I'm putting the spoiler up in case someone doesn't want to be spoiled....Yet.
Yeah, I just Googled it and saw. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. I also wonder what it means in terms of
other third party characters from other companies, like, say, Square >.>;
and if that rumor about
a Smash vs. Capcom game
might be true.

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I just Googled it and saw. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. I also wonder what it means in terms of
other third party characters from other companies, like, say, Square >.>;
and if that rumor about
a Smash vs. Capcom game
might be true.
I think it's clearly confirmed at this point. No doubts about it.
And if
other third party characters....like I dunno...A certain Star Warrior... have the green light to be a Smash DLC then I suspect we get more tomorow or another Smash Direct.
And I didn't knew about this rumor
of the Smash VS Capcom game. Heck, Ryu being there is already making it true :u

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I think it's clearly confirmed at this point. No doubts about it.
And if
other third party characters....like I dunno...A certain Star Warrior... have the green light to be a Smash DLC then I suspect we get more tomorow or another Smash Direct.
And I didn't knew about this rumor
of the Smash VS Capcom game. Heck, Ryu being there is already making it true :u
Yeah, I remember reading about it a few years ago, and it feels like one of those things that's been sitting in front of everyone's faces the whole time. We have to remember that
Capcom has always been pretty close to Nintendo; they're the ones who made Tatsunoko vs. Capcom a Wii exclusive, and we also must remember that Capcom is very good at working with other companies in general. They try to make a VS. game out of everything, so it only makes sense they'd push for Street Fighter characters in Smash if not a full-blown Smash vs. Capcom game entirely.

This is very good news for those of us who want other third-party characters in, because it shows Nintendo is more open to third parties than we originally thought, and considering third parties from other companies like Pac-Man are in the game, we can assume for now there's no exclusive only-Capcom-characters deal going on. So those of us who want Geno or Rayman or Banjo-Kazooie or whomever in Smash should take heart and see that there's more hope than we thought.

And if there really is a Smash vs. Capcom game in the works, that means characters like Phoenix Wright and Zero and Viewtiful Joe and the like who were in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 would be in... ooh, the possibilities...

(This is all assuming the leaks are true, of course, but considering there's high-quality video out there that would be extremely difficult to fake, I would bet money that it's true)

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
IGN's reporting the leaks so I guess we don't have to use spoiler tags anymore.

Anyway, like I was saying, this is good news for anybody who wants a third-party character since it seems the "one character per company" rule was just another unfounded assumption. If anything, with the way things are looking, it looks like all that's necessary is to get a company itself on board, and the pieces will just fall into place. I wonder what that means for Square. Square announced that they're now more willing to work with other companies, does that mean they'd be willing to work with Nintendo on Smash? Does that mean, and I'm extrapolating here, that if we through some miracle got Square to cooperate, we could have more than one Square character in the game? Maybe Geno and someone else? This has many implications not only for DLC but for Smash 5...

Last edited:

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
IGN's reporting the leaks so I guess we don't have to use spoiler tags anymore.

Anyway, like I was saying, this is good news for anybody who wants a third-party character since it seems the "one character per company" rule was just another unfounded assumption. If anything, with the way things are looking, it looks like all that's necessary is to get a company itself on board, and the pieces will just fall into place. I wonder what that means for Square. Square announced that they're now more willing to work with other companies, does that mean they'd be willing to work with Nintendo on Smash? Does that mean, and I'm extrapolating here, that if we through some miracle got Square to cooperate, we could have more than one Square character in the game? Maybe Geno and someone else? This has many implications not only for DLC but for Smash 5...
Please it's kinda hard to not get spoiled in the end XD

But really ? Square is more willing to work with others ? If what you said is true, we could have more chance for Geno or another Square character :D
Let's hope the miracle happens... It would be the best year ever... Plus Ryu may be one of the "Smash Ballot winners" imo.
Please Square, let us have what we wished for so long ;w;

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Please it's kinda hard to not get spoiled in the end XD

But really ? Square is more willing to work with others ? If what you said is true, we could have more chance for Geno or another Square character :D
Let's hope the miracle happens... It would be the best year ever... Plus Ryu may be one of the "Smash Ballot winners" imo.
Please Square, let us have what we wished for so long ;w;
It's true apparently.

Honestly if Square wants to fix its financial problems, it'll have to start working with others again. But who knows what can happen now?

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
It's true apparently.

Honestly if Square wants to fix its financial problems, it'll have to start working with others again. But who knows what can happen now?
Sweet ! Let's hope the "Reboot existing IPs" could mean SMRPG. I'm going far but can we hope for a sequel or a remake of the game ? :D I would love to play this masterpiece myself~ owo
And that they'll allow Nintendo to use Geno.
But for now, we can only wait....

Geno Boost

Smash Master
How many DLC characters are we getting? and how many space on the 3ds version is left? We have 4 DLC characters now and it's likley that wolf (because star fox wiiu) and a rythem heaven character (music was founded in the new patch) and king k. Rool (ballout winner) are going to make it as DLC but how many space on the 3ds version is going to left If we are going to have a 7 DLC characters? is there going to be enough space for more than 7 DLC characters to be added on the 3ds version?

Last edited:

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
How many DLC characters are we getting? and how many space on the 3ds version is left? We have 4 DLC characters now and it's likley that wolf (because star fox wiiu) and a rythem heaven character (music was founded in the new patch) and king k. Rool (ballout winner) are going to make it as DLC but how many space on the 3ds version is going to left If we are going to have a 7 DLC characters? is there going to be enough space for more than 7 DLC characters to be added on the 3ds version?
We don't know. But I don't think there's going to be a limit as in DLC characters. Maybe the slots but I doubt they'll do only 7 DLC characters...

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Doesn't the 3DS support micro-SD storage?

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
Oooh boy, I kinda vanished out of existence for a while, haven't I ? I apologize everyone, been busy studying for the diploma and I had little time to check on what's happening there (except for a few likes there--)
I'll go into what I can reply to then I'll probably go back to my studies-

But so far, I have noticed that while I was away, though it's small, I've seen a few of new Geno arts or videos which makes me really happy to see my favorite Star doll more then before~ :)

Hello there, first of all, welcome to Geno's support thread ! I hope you'll enjoy your little stay uvu/
To be honest, I don't care if you don't like Geno, we are all entitled to our opinion and I'm not one to change your mind. I just hope that you'll appreciate Geno a bit more in the future. You're welcome to drop by and say your opinion (and no, this is not an invite for Geno haters to drop in :'D)
And I agree, Mario's rooster is big and the other franchise should get more attention. But to this point, does Sakurai or other people working on Smash care about it anymore ? I don't think there's a limit on how many reps there should be for X franchise. Plus considering Mario's franchise is the "Big Popular one", I don't think they'll stop adding more Mario reps. I have a feeling we will see more M.R in Smash5 (if there is going to be one--). Heck, I suspect that Waluigi or Daisy to appear soon. Be it in DLC or not.

As for Square, yes, Geno is partially owned by Square. Nintendo still hold a part on him. So he's kinda in between. Same for Mallow and the rest of the SMRPG gang. But with the Ballot going on, I think the ballot will break any barrier with the "Buy the rights" rule. Nintendo is kinda ready to pay up for character that fans have requested in the ballot. So imo, it shouldn't be a problem. And as for Slime, though I fail to see what he could do, but that's because I don't know about the character myself (if you want to tell me how Slime is worth being a candidate, you can always MP me. I'll be open to listen to you). But if he makes a better Square Rep than Sora or The Black Mage, be it.

But what I think Geno needs to be is a Rep to the Mario RPG games. (As SMRPG is the first Mario RPG and "Ancestor" of the Mario and Luigi games)

And again, I'll repeat, being in one game doesn't count at all. Duck Hunt Duo ? What other games have they appeared ? They only appeared once in their own game but they still made it.
As for Sakurai...Are you sure ? Rumors says he owns the game himself...And have been faving some Geno related fanarts/other kinds... :) But I'm not Sakurai, I don't know what he really thinks.

I'm sorry to hear that Geno fans have driven you away from the game, which is a fantastic game btw and I haven't played it !

So to conclude, I'll anwser your question : Do we need another Mario Rep ? Yes and no. It depends on us.
Even though you don't want him or hear about his name, nothing holds you from not buying his DLC if he makes it. You'll see him appear online from time to time but he won't be in your rooster. That's what I love about the idea of Smash DLCs, you can choose who is worth being in your rooster or not~ ;)

W00T ! I hope we get some hidden Geno fans in the crowd ! Enjoy your time at the Anime Convention !

I know I'm not helping by putting my 2 cents on Mario123311's post but I would appreciate if you don't report them. Yeah, having someone coming into a support thread only to say it doesn't like who we support is not pleasant. But I think we should listen to other people's opinion too. Plus, I kinda enjoyed writing down my thoughts on the matter. If they don't like Geno, fine, leave them be. But I don't think it's worth reporting them for making you angry.

So far, I haven't been on for long so I don't really know about Geno's case BUT I saw that there's news about Nintendo partenership with other 3rd Party members for something we don't know yet. (If we go with Geno being 3rd Party Character, then it's a shred of hope that we hear some news about 3rd Party DLC Smash Fighters on E3 !)

Oh ! As I was writing, I went to confirm that what I said is true and it seems that in MyNintendoNews.com released Nintendo's schedule on E3 and I was right ! There is going to be Sm4sh content on E3 ! New DLC character(s) ? :D It'll be on June 14 so you know ^^
nebula you said that sakurai owns the game and he has been faving some of geno's pictures right? where did you get that info from? because that can be an indicator that geno has a good chance of showing up in this game.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
nebula you said that sakurai owns the game and he has been faving some of geno's pictures right? where did you get that info from? because that can be an indicator that geno has a good chance of showing up in this game.
Sakurai tweeted a picture of a Geno doll like ages ago. He knows about Geno's popularity, and clearly likes him.

Last edited:

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
Sakurai tweeted a picture of a Geno doll like ages ago. He knows about Geno's popularity, and likes clearly likes him.
i was looking through sakurai's twitter and I didn't see anything. maybe i'm not looking hard enough. if possible could you screen shot the tweet. if you can find it that is

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys think about this?!
I kinda expected him to vote someone else than Geno. It's sad but we can't do anything about it. After all, he seems to have moved on. We can only hope now.

RetroBro

Smash Ace

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
I kinda expected him to vote someone else than Geno. It's sad but we can't do anything about it. After all, he seems to have moved on. We can only hope now.
And not only did he just moved on, he said:

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I still don't understand how someone can "move on" from liking a particular video game character, but if Kirbopher isn't into Super Mario RPG anymore then we can't pressure him (or anyone else) to change his mind.

Character support reminds me a lot of voting independent in the U.S. Here, people don't vote on who they actually want, they vote on who they think has a good shot at winning the election, without thinking that the whole reason those candidates have a good shot is because of people voting for them in the first place. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy, and it's one of the big reasons why the U.S. is stuck in its dead-end two-party system and why independent candidates never really get a chance.

So it is with Smash. I thought before that people supported characters because they genuinely wanted that character in, now it seems people will only support a certain character they like if they think that character has a good chance of making it to the roster, all the while ignoring things like the Smash Ballot that do play a large role in who gets in and who does not. So it again becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. A character loses their chances because they lose public support, and they lose public support because the public thinks they've lost their chances.

What will it take to break people out of that cycle?

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
I still don't understand how someone can "move on" from liking a particular video game character, but if Kirbopher isn't into Super Mario RPG anymore then we can't pressure him (or anyone else) to change his mind.

Character support reminds me a lot of voting independent in the U.S. Here, people don't vote on who they actually want, they vote on who they think has a good shot at winning the election, without thinking that the whole reason those candidates have a good shot is because of people voting for them in the first place. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy, and it's one of the big reasons why the U.S. is stuck in its dead-end two-party system and why independent candidates never really get a chance.

So it is with Smash. I thought before that people supported characters because they genuinely wanted that character in, now it seems people will only support a certain character they like if they think that character has a good chance of making it to the roster, all the while ignoring things like the Smash Ballot that do play a large role in who gets in and who does not. So it again becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. A character loses their chances because they lose public support, and they lose public support because the public thinks they've lost their chances.

What will it take to break people out of that cycle?
By "moved on", I meant that he went to other things like making TOME and other things. But the reply on his tweet means he didn't forget about him in someway :u

And maybe they'll break out of this cycle when a character who they thought was "hopeless" like Geno or Rayman gets in :I
But yeah, they are not doing what the Smash Ballot is supposed to do and that makes me mad. Come on, we get to choose who we wish for. Be it a fanboy dream or, if they wish, who they think is the perfect candidate. Not "Oh this character seems to have high chance, and as I kinda like them, I'll vote for them" :I
I really hope Geno makes it so that he'll prove to everyone that thinking like this is pointless.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
By "moved on", I meant that he went to other things like making TOME and other things. But the reply on his tweet means he didn't forget about him in someway :u

And maybe they'll break out of this cycle when a character who they thought was "hopeless" like Geno or Rayman gets in :I
But yeah, they are not doing what the Smash Ballot is supposed to do and that makes me mad. Come on, we get to choose who we wish for. Be it a fanboy dream or, if they wish, who they think is the perfect candidate. Not "Oh this character seems to have high chance, and as I kinda like them, I'll vote for them" :I
I really hope Geno makes it so that he'll prove to everyone that thinking like this is pointless.
Yeah, I finally agreement with you for we can ALWAYS vote #GenoForSmash, no matter what the odds are nowadays!
geno sign.png

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
Annnnd no sign of our Star doll on the Smash Direct. I was hoping for something to hint another newcomer but well...I got a little of new content but of course, a lot were leaked by the leakers so it's no surprise for Ryu and Roy (also, liked the little touch where Roy (FE) sliced away Roy (Koopa) :'D I'll applaud to this touch Nintendo.)

We can only wait for the next Smash Direct....Or that the hackers get another leak to show us. :u

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Annnnd no sign of our Star doll on the Smash Direct. I was hoping for something to hint another newcomer but well...I got a little of new content but of course, a lot were leaked by the leakers so it's no surprise for Ryu and Roy (also, liked the little touch where Roy (FE) sliced away Roy (Koopa) :'D I'll applaud to this touch Nintendo.)

We can only wait for the next Smash Direct....Or that the hackers get another leak to show us. :u
I'm certain that Ryu's introduction will inject some hope in the rest of us who want third-parties though. It proves the one-third-party rule was bogus and opens the floodgates to new possibilities.

I think it's indicative of a trend toward turning Smash into a tribute to gaming in general and if that's the case, then surely Nintendo would want some Square characters to round it out given how important Square was to Nintendo back in the day.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think it's indicative of a trend toward turning Smash into a tribute to gaming in general and if that's the case, then surely Nintendo would want some Square characters to round it out given how important Square was to Nintendo back in the day.
Square, you know what to do for the next Smash.

We are expecting you to throw your hat into the ring with Namco, Sega, and Crapcom for the next round.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
So, any E3 predictions? Does anyone here think Nintendo will release more Smash content or that Square will announce they're trying to get characters of their own in Smash?

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
So, any E3 predictions? Does anyone here think Nintendo will release more Smash content or that Square will announce they're trying to get characters of their own in Smash?
Maybe, maybe not. I dunno.
But I'll predict that they will make a remake of an old game. SMRPG or something else. I'm not the predictor type XD
As for Smash, it'll be wierd as the Smash direct is already out but why not ? Maybe go like "Oh btw, I have someone in there who would like to announce something *Sakurai shows and shows another newcomer for later this year*"

oh look at this Geno post got more than 170 yeahs in sakurai post in the lastest replies on miiverse https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkJ-Xncng i wonder if sakurai will notice this
Oh nice ! From what I can see, this post only got 1000+ posts so it has high chance to get noticed x3
Well, that is if Sakurai takes time to read 'em all :u

Last edited:

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
Good news : We got an AlphaDream MnL game ! (Which is also a Crossover with Paper Mario : HYPE)
Bad news : Still no sign of Geno....

But hey ! I think The Team Players sent their Accoustic Guitar version of Forest Maze on the official Let'sSuperMario! event :D Saw it between videos. Nice c:

Top Bottom