• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Don't know if this video was brought up earlier but I'm guessing Geno supporters would like a "Smashified" remix of Forest Maze by the same guy who made the remix for the Travis Smashified video!

Mario123311

Smash Ace
While Klonoa is someone I honestly don't care about: Geno is someone I absolutely do not want to see in Smash at this point beside the point of his fans making me not want to play SMRPG for a long time I personally have my other reasons why too: First off is at this point, the Mario roster is way too freaking big. Bowser Jr.'s inclusion already promptly overfilled the Mario Side so honestly, I have to say enough is enough. And this is coming from a Mario Fan, mind you: I love Mario, but I think other franchises need to be represented. And second: He is Squares property, and if anything: Slime would be a much better rep for Square considering he fits the "oddball charater" and "well known" requirements for me. Geno is someone who's only appeared in one game... ((Unless you count his Cameo in M&L but still.)) So honestly, I can say I absolutely don't want him at this point: Hell, I don't think Sakurai really wants him either.

I'm not going to stop you from voting for him and I do not want to cause drama. But again, please ask yourself: "Do we REALLY need another Mario character?"

((Again, Like my post in the Klonoa thread: I'm not going to stop you from voting for him nor am I disowning you for wanting him in. This is my own thoughts that I've had for a long time... I'm sick of hearing his name now.))

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
While Klonoa is someone I honestly don't care about: Geno is someone I absolutely do not want to see in Smash at this point beside the point of his fans making me not want to play SMRPG for a long time I personally have my other reasons why too: First off is at this point, the Mario roster is way too freaking big. Bowser Jr.'s inclusion already promptly overfilled the Mario Side so honestly, I have to say enough is enough. And this is coming from a Mario Fan, mind you: I love Mario, but I think other franchises need to be represented. And second: He is Squares property, and if anything: Slime would be a much better rep for Square considering he fits the "oddball charater" and "well known" requirements for me. Geno is someone who's only appeared in one game... ((Unless you count his Cameo in M&L but still.)) So honestly, I can say I absolutely don't want him at this point: Hell, I don't think Sakurai really wants him either.

I'm not going to stop you from voting for him and I do not want to cause drama. But again, please ask yourself: "Do we REALLY need another Mario character?"

((Again, Like my post in the Klonoa thread: I'm not going to stop you from voting for him nor am I disowning you for wanting him in. This is my own thoughts that I've had for a long time... I'm sick of hearing his name now.))
Actually, you're wrong about Geno inclusion for Smash and I know! Cuz, many Geno's fans believes that Geno shall be confirmed in DLC in time! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Geno...in-Smash-4-3DSWii-U-verisons/1722501687975421 #GenoForSmash!
geno sign.png

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721

The only thing I would like to point out, is that in Super Mario RPG, Nintendo characters appeared that didn't belong to the Mario Franchise alone. Link, Samus, and even Donkey Kong (albeit in chains no less). The early Zelda games have cheep cheep, goomba, and there is a chain chomp in there somewhere too. What I'm trying to say is, Geno could just be a Nintendo character like the others seen in the game. Nintendo & Square makes the call of what Geno is, and they could make him a metriod or zelda character. WOah, unlikely but woh!

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I really am hoping he won't get in though personally... Just because I really don't want anymore Mario characters in this... plusi'dratherhaverocketslime

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Warning Received
I really am hoping he won't get in though personally... Just because I really don't want anymore Mario characters in this... plusi'dratherhaverocketslime
For real, dude! If, you really don't like Geno inclusion for Smash, then please MOVE THE **** OUT!
move-the-****-out-o.gif

Last edited:

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
Slime would be interesting to see.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999

What was that about no other Mario characters! *Paper Mario, Toad, and Geno supporters rally behind in a flash mob*

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I'm sorry I haven't been here in so long, I got so wrapped up in working and stuff that I haven't had time to come by and hang out again until now.

Hello, and it's OK, we're all entitled to our opinions and preferences. I also take your point about having too many Mario characters in Smash. I just think that Geno would be a good exception to that rule (probably the only good one) because of the fact that he's also a Square Enix character. Sure, there are other Square reps, but you can make similar arguments against them too (most of them only appeared in one game excluding cameos, like Cecil), and because Geno is both a Square and a Mario character he is much more closely linked to the two companies than anyone else. His unique position in the video game universe makes him the best Square candidate IMO.

I do agree with you that we have too many Mario characters though. Honestly the whole Smash roster is heavily biased toward a few series (Mario, Pokemon, Fire Emblem) while leaving others out (Metroid, DK) and that's something that ought to be fixed.

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380

well then you just wasted your time typing all this when you know damn well we will keep fighting for Geno. honestly don't you have better things to do then complain how much you don't want geno in a vote for geno thread. come on that just plain stupid man. if you don't want him thats fine but we don't want someone telling us about how much they don't want geno. so please keep your opinions to yourself dude.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
well then you just wasted your time typing all this when you know damn well we will keep fighting for Geno. honestly don't you have better things to do then complain how much you don't want geno in a vote for geno thread. come on that just plain stupid man. if you don't want him thats fine but we don't want someone telling us about how much they don't want geno. so please keep your opinions to yourself dude.
It's all right, don't get riled up because someone else has a different opinion on the matter. That's the kind of attitude that drove people away during the Brawl days. Not everyone has to like or want Geno in Smash and it's OK for people to feel differently about it. I know lots of people in the Geno community are deeply emotionally invested in the movement but we have to keep a level head about this sort of thing.

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
It's all right, don't get riled up because someone else has a different opinion on the matter. That's the kind of attitude that drove people away during the Brawl days. Not everyone has to like or want Geno in Smash and it's OK for people to feel differently about it. I know lots of people in the Geno community are deeply emotionally invested in the movement but we have to keep a level head about this sort of thing.
your right man. i'm sorry for my outburst.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Ha! I told ya to move out of this Geno thread before my homeboy @ RSF-Blue bomber RSF-Blue bomber shall tell you something otherwise and oh no but, instead you happened to start a Flame War for no reason with a tiny kind of worthless disagreement! I've got news for ya, @ Mario123311 Mario123311 , you're slow as crap for a 25 year old dude and I'm smart as fast only at 23 years old!!
move-the-****-out-o.gif
P.S: No matter what-regardless the hate! #GenoForSmash
geno sign.png

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Did anybody know that yoko shimomora made a memoria remix for forest maze and goodbye and was released on a CD with a lot of other her remixes back in 2014 finally someone uploaded this again because the first video was shut down by her
Forest maze
http://youtu.be/-ctNltxq1l8 (wow it's sounds like Mario galaxy)
Goodbye geno
http://youtu.be/1LoAoPulSHA (this is so sad and happy at same time)

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Did anybody know that yoko shimomora made a memoria remix for forest maze and goodbye and was released on a CD with a lot of other her remixes back in 2014 finally someone uploaded this again because the first video was shut down by her
Forest maze
http://youtu.be/-ctNltxq1l8 (wow it's sounds like Mario galaxy)
Goodbye geno
http://youtu.be/1LoAoPulSHA (this is so sad and happy at same time)
That Goodbye Geno remix sounds amazing.

Ha! I told ya to move out of this Geno thread before my homeboy @ RSF-Blue bomber RSF-Blue bomber shall tell you something otherwise and oh no but, instead you happened to start a Flame War for no reason with a tiny kind of worthless disagreement! I've got news for ya, @ Mario123311 Mario123311 , you're slow as crap for a 25 year old dude and I'm smart as fast only at 23 years old!! View attachment 56102 P.S: No matter what-regardless the hate! #GenoForSmash View attachment 56103
Seriously, come on, don't antagonize people like that. :(

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I'm sorry I haven't been here in so long, I got so wrapped up in working and stuff that I haven't had time to come by and hang out again until now.

Hello, and it's OK, we're all entitled to our opinions and preferences. I also take your point about having too many Mario characters in Smash. I just think that Geno would be a good exception to that rule (probably the only good one) because of the fact that he's also a Square Enix character. Sure, there are other Square reps, but you can make similar arguments against them too (most of them only appeared in one game excluding cameos, like Cecil), and because Geno is both a Square and a Mario character he is much more closely linked to the two companies than anyone else. His unique position in the video game universe makes him the best Square candidate IMO.

I do agree with you that we have too many Mario characters though. Honestly the whole Smash roster is heavily biased toward a few series (Mario, Pokemon, Fire Emblem) while leaving others out (Metroid, DK) and that's something that ought to be fixed.
Thanks for understanding, again: It's okay to want a character in and such. I was just giving my opinion and I really just wanted to drop my 2 cents here after seeing how much he is suggested.

Ha! I told ya to move out of this Geno thread before my homeboy @ RSF-Blue bomber RSF-Blue bomber shall tell you something otherwise and oh no but, instead you happened to start a Flame War for no reason with a tiny kind of worthless disagreement! I've got news for ya, @ Mario123311 Mario123311 , you're slow as crap for a 25 year old dude and I'm smart as fast only at 23 years old!! View attachment 56102 P.S: No matter what-regardless the hate! #GenoForSmash View attachment 56103
...Seriously? I said I don't want to cause any drama. If you want him in: good for you. But I was just saying I personally don't, not that you have to agree with me of course. :S

Geno Boost

Smash Master

We don't ask for geno because just for smash we ask for geno because the fans wants to bring him back to life again after 19 YEARS if we are going to get him in smash that's mean it's his chance to have a FUTURE just like pit after he was added in brawl and of course Mario will have the most characters and you can't change this because Mario seires is the biggest video game franchise

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
That Goodbye Geno remix sounds amazing.

Seriously, come on, don't antagonize people like that. :(
Listen, @ kiteinthesky kiteinthesky ! I know that I've shouldn't antagonize people like that, but this situation is a different story if haters like @ Mario123311 Mario123311 for example running their mouth about Geno will not be confirmed in SMASH, then he'd probably needs to read a book or get out of this Geno thread NOW for crying out loud! Besides, I've already banned haters on my personal Geno Community group on Facebook for the negativity comments about Geno's inclusion for Smash and seriously that's how I roll, but I'll be careful in any case?!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Listen, @ kiteinthesky kiteinthesky ! I know that I've shouldn't antagonize people like that, but this situation is a different story if haters like @ Mario123311 Mario123311 for example running their mouth about Geno will not be confirmed in SMASH, then he'd probably needs to read a book or get out of this Geno thread NOW for crying out loud! Besides, I've already banned haters on my personal Geno Community group on Facebook for the negativity comments about Geno's inclusion for Smash and seriously that's how I roll, but I'll be careful in any case?!
You need to recheck the definition of a "hater", because as far as I am concerned Mario is merely stating that he personally lacks interest in Geno and gave a couple reasons as to why he believes that. He's not bashing the character in any way, shape, or form.

So I'm going to ask you nicely to drop the topic and move on.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
You need to recheck the definition of a "hater", because as far as I am concerned Mario is merely stating that he personally lacks interest in Geno and gave a couple reasons as to why he believes that. He's not bashing the character in any way, shape, or form.

So I'm going to ask you nicely to drop the topic and move on.
Well, I've been moving on! But, if @ Mario123311 Mario123311 keeps on saying that he don't like Geno, then I'll be reporting on him for getting on my nerves and makes me angry too!

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
Hey everybody! Tomorrow I am going to be going to an anime convention in New Jersey called AnimeNEXT. I already have my Geno cosplay packed away in the trunk. I am ready to spread the Geno love to nearly 10,000+ people!

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
Hey everybody! Tomorrow I am going to be going to an anime convention in New Jersey called AnimeNEXT. I already have my Geno cosplay packed away in the trunk. I am ready to spread the Geno love to nearly 10,000+ people!
go my friend spread the love and let every one know Geno's awesomeness

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
Oooh boy, I kinda vanished out of existence for a while, haven't I ? I apologize everyone, been busy studying for the diploma and I had little time to check on what's happening there (except for a few likes there--)
I'll go into what I can reply to then I'll probably go back to my studies-

But so far, I have noticed that while I was away, though it's small, I've seen a few of new Geno arts or videos which makes me really happy to see my favorite Star doll more then before~ :)

Hello there, first of all, welcome to Geno's support thread ! I hope you'll enjoy your little stay uvu/
To be honest, I don't care if you don't like Geno, we are all entitled to our opinion and I'm not one to change your mind. I just hope that you'll appreciate Geno a bit more in the future. You're welcome to drop by and say your opinion (and no, this is not an invite for Geno haters to drop in :'D)
And I agree, Mario's rooster is big and the other franchise should get more attention. But to this point, does Sakurai or other people working on Smash care about it anymore ? I don't think there's a limit on how many reps there should be for X franchise. Plus considering Mario's franchise is the "Big Popular one", I don't think they'll stop adding more Mario reps. I have a feeling we will see more M.R in Smash5 (if there is going to be one--). Heck, I suspect that Waluigi or Daisy to appear soon. Be it in DLC or not.

As for Square, yes, Geno is partially owned by Square. Nintendo still hold a part on him. So he's kinda in between. Same for Mallow and the rest of the SMRPG gang. But with the Ballot going on, I think the ballot will break any barrier with the "Buy the rights" rule. Nintendo is kinda ready to pay up for character that fans have requested in the ballot. So imo, it shouldn't be a problem. And as for Slime, though I fail to see what he could do, but that's because I don't know about the character myself (if you want to tell me how Slime is worth being a candidate, you can always MP me. I'll be open to listen to you). But if he makes a better Square Rep than Sora or The Black Mage, be it.

But what I think Geno needs to be is a Rep to the Mario RPG games. (As SMRPG is the first Mario RPG and "Ancestor" of the Mario and Luigi games)

And again, I'll repeat, being in one game doesn't count at all. Duck Hunt Duo ? What other games have they appeared ? They only appeared once in their own game but they still made it.
As for Sakurai...Are you sure ? Rumors says he owns the game himself...And have been faving some Geno related fanarts/other kinds... :) But I'm not Sakurai, I don't know what he really thinks.

I'm sorry to hear that Geno fans have driven you away from the game, which is a fantastic game btw and I haven't played it !

So to conclude, I'll anwser your question : Do we need another Mario Rep ? Yes and no. It depends on us.
Even though you don't want him or hear about his name, nothing holds you from not buying his DLC if he makes it. You'll see him appear online from time to time but he won't be in your rooster. That's what I love about the idea of Smash DLCs, you can choose who is worth being in your rooster or not~ ;)

W00T ! I hope we get some hidden Geno fans in the crowd ! Enjoy your time at the Anime Convention !

Well, I've been moving on! But, if @ Mario123311 Mario123311 keeps on saying that he don't like Geno, then I'll be reporting on him for getting on my nerves and makes me angry too!
I know I'm not helping by putting my 2 cents on Mario123311's post but I would appreciate if you don't report them. Yeah, having someone coming into a support thread only to say it doesn't like who we support is not pleasant. But I think we should listen to other people's opinion too. Plus, I kinda enjoyed writing down my thoughts on the matter. If they don't like Geno, fine, leave them be. But I don't think it's worth reporting them for making you angry.

You're fine, I understand how people get attached to this sort of thing. Just don't lose your head, ok?

By the by, did I miss anything important while I was gone? Any Geno or Square news? Any E3 leaks?
So far, I haven't been on for long so I don't really know about Geno's case BUT I saw that there's news about Nintendo partenership with other 3rd Party members for something we don't know yet. (If we go with Geno being 3rd Party Character, then it's a shred of hope that we hear some news about 3rd Party DLC Smash Fighters on E3 !)

Oh ! As I was writing, I went to confirm that what I said is true and it seems that in MyNintendoNews.com released Nintendo's schedule on E3 and I was right ! There is going to be Sm4sh content on E3 ! New DLC character(s) ? :D It'll be on June 14 so you know ^^

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
NebulaWords said:
So far, I haven't been on for long so I don't really know about Geno's case BUT I saw that there's news about Nintendo partenership with other 3rd Party members for something we don't know yet. (If we go with Geno being 3rd Party Character, then it's a shred of hope that we hear some news about 3rd Party DLC Smash Fighters on E3 !)

Oh ! As I was writing, I went to confirm that what I said is true and it seems that in MyNintendoNews.com released Nintendo's schedule on E3 and I was right ! There is going to be Sm4sh content on E3 ! New DLC character(s) ? :D It'll be on June 14 so you know ^^
It honestly would be nice if we got more of the 3rd party characters people have been asking for. Man, I can't wait for E3 now...

DOUBLE EDIT: Oh, Nintendo's holding their Smash direct on the 14th at 7:40 AM PST. You were right. I'm sorry. :X

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Oooh boy, I kinda vanished out of existence for a while, haven't I ? I apologize everyone, been busy studying for the diploma and I had little time to check on what's happening there (except for a few likes there--)
I'll go into what I can reply to then I'll probably go back to my studies-

But so far, I have noticed that while I was away, though it's small, I've seen a few of new Geno arts or videos which makes me really happy to see my favorite Star doll more then before~ :)

Hello there, first of all, welcome to Geno's support thread ! I hope you'll enjoy your little stay uvu/
To be honest, I don't care if you don't like Geno, we are all entitled to our opinion and I'm not one to change your mind. I just hope that you'll appreciate Geno a bit more in the future. You're welcome to drop by and say your opinion (and no, this is not an invite for Geno haters to drop in :'D)
And I agree, Mario's rooster is big and the other franchise should get more attention. But to this point, does Sakurai or other people working on Smash care about it anymore ? I don't think there's a limit on how many reps there should be for X franchise. Plus considering Mario's franchise is the "Big Popular one", I don't think they'll stop adding more Mario reps. I have a feeling we will see more M.R in Smash5 (if there is going to be one--). Heck, I suspect that Waluigi or Daisy to appear soon. Be it in DLC or not.

As for Square, yes, Geno is partially owned by Square. Nintendo still hold a part on him. So he's kinda in between. Same for Mallow and the rest of the SMRPG gang. But with the Ballot going on, I think the ballot will break any barrier with the "Buy the rights" rule. Nintendo is kinda ready to pay up for character that fans have requested in the ballot. So imo, it shouldn't be a problem. And as for Slime, though I fail to see what he could do, but that's because I don't know about the character myself (if you want to tell me how Slime is worth being a candidate, you can always MP me. I'll be open to listen to you). But if he makes a better Square Rep than Sora or The Black Mage, be it.

But what I think Geno needs to be is a Rep to the Mario RPG games. (As SMRPG is the first Mario RPG and "Ancestor" of the Mario and Luigi games)

And again, I'll repeat, being in one game doesn't count at all. Duck Hunt Duo ? What other games have they appeared ? They only appeared once in their own game but they still made it.
As for Sakurai...Are you sure ? Rumors says he owns the game himself...And have been faving some Geno related fanarts/other kinds... :) But I'm not Sakurai, I don't know what he really thinks.

I'm sorry to hear that Geno fans have driven you away from the game, which is a fantastic game btw and I haven't played it !

So to conclude, I'll anwser your question : Do we need another Mario Rep ? Yes and no. It depends on us.
Even though you don't want him or hear about his name, nothing holds you from not buying his DLC if he makes it. You'll see him appear online from time to time but he won't be in your rooster. That's what I love about the idea of Smash DLCs, you can choose who is worth being in your rooster or not~ ;)

W00T ! I hope we get some hidden Geno fans in the crowd ! Enjoy your time at the Anime Convention !

I know I'm not helping by putting my 2 cents on Mario123311's post but I would appreciate if you don't report them. Yeah, having someone coming into a support thread only to say it doesn't like who we support is not pleasant. But I think we should listen to other people's opinion too. Plus, I kinda enjoyed writing down my thoughts on the matter. If they don't like Geno, fine, leave them be. But I don't think it's worth reporting them for making you angry.
@ NebulaWords NebulaWords ! Thx!

Geno Boost

Smash Master

I don't see geno coming back in this year I think we will see him back in 2016 because SMRPG is going to be 20 years old I think there is 2 ways of seeing him back
1. SSB4 DLC
2. Next alphadream game

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
I don't see geno coming back in this year I think we will see him back in 2016 because SMRPG is going to be 20 years old I think there is 2 ways of seeing him back
1. SSB4 DLC
2. Next alphadream game
Actually, I do see Geno coming back in this year as long we spam the votes about Geno's inclusion, then we shall see him in T-I-M-E! #GenoForSmash
geno sign.png

NateCurtis(NJC)

Smash Apprentice
If Geno gets added in SSB4 DLC I think these will be the games that he will be add in, if nintendo wants to add him in more Mario games

1.Mario and Luigi RPG series
2.Paper Mario
3.Mario Kart (maybe)
4.Mario Party (maybe)
5.Mario Sports series
6.Super Mario Galaxy

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
If Geno gets added in SSB4 DLC I think these will be the games that he will be add in, if nintendo wants to add him in more Mario games

1.Mario and Luigi RPG series
2.Paper Mario
3.Mario Kart (maybe)
4.Mario Party (maybe)
5.Mario Sports series
6.Super Mario Galaxy
#GenoForSmash https://www.facebook.com/pages/Geno-as-DLC-playable-character-requested-in-Smash-4-3DSWii-U-verisons/1722501687975421 Because, Geno needs to be confirmed in Super Smash Bros Franchise 4 3DS/Wii U versions as a New DLC playable fighter for fans deserves Geno in their roster slot and I believes that Nintendo, AlphaDream and especially Square-Enix needed to sort Geno's rights to be strictly confirmed in SMASH in our modern futuristic times of video gaming history and enjoy!
geno sign.png

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Hard to not hear the news but I guess I was right again. New DLC characters revealed BEFORE SMASH DIRECT *flips table*
Gdi leakers, spoiling the fun. -_-
Let's hope we get more than Lucas and these two--
EDIT: Ok, I see what leak you're talking about, and if it's real Nintendo really needs to do something about whoever's leaking that information to the public.

Last edited:
Top Bottom