• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
Yay, the page is finally up! Although, it would good if we provided more than only the usa's link to the Smash Ballot (idk, is just, when I first heard about the poll I headed to that exactly url to vote, but it was useless. Later I learnt that every zone has its own link and all of that, until then I was so confused pfft). Just a suggestion tho, it's pretty good as it is! *thumbs up*
Mhm, I'm back from the con and wow, guess who I found there? Another Geno (yesss), with whom I took a picture ofc. I'm very shy and I don't even know the guy, so that's why it's...'censored' (? -I'm the one on the left side of the photo btw!
First cosplay ever, don't judge me *shot*
Wow twinAgony, that is a really neat Geno cosplay! Even for a first-time cosplay, that is really amazing work! And it is also super awesome that you found another Geno cosplayer at your convention! What are the odds? Its great to know that there are plenty of Geno fans out there! My Geno cosplay is in the picture below. My face is partially obscured, so I am not too worried about censoring it. This was a picture from last year's AnimeNEXT. I have since gotten brown face paint to give a more wooden look and to pair with the black lines, and I also now have red contact lenses, but I don't have any pictures of me with it on. You get the main idea with this pic though. I think someone was asking me to do a Geno Whirl.

Attachments

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
hey guys when you play smash change you name tag to "vote for geno" to give him more exposure

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
Today I went to an anime convention in my area and I cosplayed as Geno. The con had a cosplay catwalk where we can show off our cosplays. When it was my turn to walk down the runway, a bunch of people cheers and shouted "Geno for Smash Bros. DLC!!" It was exciting to hear, so I shouted back "Vote for me in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot!" It felt good that there were supporters out there. :)

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
Today I went to an anime convention in my area and I cosplayed as Geno. The con had a cosplay catwalk where we can show off our cosplays. When it was my turn to walk down the runway, a bunch of people cheers and shouted "Geno for Smash Bros. DLC!!" It was exciting to hear, so I shouted back "Vote for me in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot!" It felt good that there were supporters out there. :)
That is truly pleasant to hear!

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Im glad to hear this... sounds like a Geno comeback sorry I hope sooo

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Ok, I'm back, has anybody found any Twitch streamers that would like to participate in the charity drive this Saturday? Are the Super Retro Brothers still in?

Geno Boost

Smash Master
i didnt know Geno is popular outside of the internet thats really good to hear :)

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Hello, Geno supporters from Star Road. I come here from the mentioned RTC thread with a question, and maybe even just a little sign of support.

The question I ask the thread - what is it in Geno that made you support him?

Steelia

Smash Champion
Hello, Geno supporters from Star Road. I come here from the mentioned RTC thread with a question, and maybe even just a little sign of support.

Short and sweet... really liked his character in SMRPG. Kind-hearted, brave, and patient... and puts a Swiss army knife to shame with his abilities :p I never played SMRPG when I was little, but was able to try it a couple of years ago when it finally arrived on the Virtual Console, so I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I liked him. Frankly, many of the characters in the game are memorable, even some bosses.

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721

Welcome, and that is a nice question you asked there.

Geno has a lot in him, but it's not just his power shot that scores so well with us. He was a character that worked with "Mr. Video Game" himself (a.k.a Mario.) The game he was from sprouted beautiful music, how do you not catch yourself humming/singing along inside 'Geno's Maze'.
This game gave us moments to laugh, moments to focus, and the ending was heart touching. The Mario RPG gang fixed Star Road so that wishes could be granted again to the world, then Geno says his Goodbyes and leaves just as fast as he showed up. He didn't speak a lot, or didn't even try to stand out as he was just doing his job, but we miss him all the same.

He really could bring some crazy elements to the Smash Universe, and maybe even to future games. So we try to persuade Nintendo & Square to keep the door unlocked in case he ever decides to return.

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman

Welcome to the Geno Support Thread ! Hope you will enjoy your little stay owo/

As for me, Geno is an interresting character. I'm quite known by some of my friends to be a very picky person, be it food or games. I focus on things I REALLY like and Geno is one of them.

There's a sort of aura around him that is fascinating : A Star Spirit goes down to Mario's world to repair Star Road, a place where wishes are granted and possess this Geno Doll to be able to interract with the outside world and fight Smithy, a metalic monster who wants to rule the world and create tons of weapon to do so. He uses his magic to boost the doll's verious weapons (Don't ask me why a doll have guns in it... Ah well, guess it's normal as one Toad had a bazooka xD)

As Revibe said, the game he comes from is amazing. It have a great humour ("Wow Mario ! Who do you think you are ? Bruce Lee ?!") and you can't help but get attached to the "Koopa Troop" (Bowser has self-proclaimed himself as the leader of the gang but... x3) And who can forget the famous "Forest's Maze" ! A famous place where he first appeared~

Overall, he may seem overrated by some people and I guess I can get that it can be annoying to see him pop up everytime an occasion to get our favorite character in Smash appear. But you just need to erase the common critics against him to appreciate the character.

If I can suggest something, I got to know Geno in a great comic series on dA called "Seven Star Comic". It gives more character to Geno and it have a great humour. I'll lead you to the page so you can look ! Here it is ~ :)
True that it's probably not what Geno really is but it helps to know the universe :)

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman

Growing up, I used to watch my dad play SMRPG. He had mastered the game. He knew where every hidden block was, where every secret item was, and had beaten the game countless times. I loved watching him. Geno was a character that stuck with me. I thought he was super cool, and was sad to find out that he hadn't appeared in anything since (save Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga). I also played the crap out of Melee growing up. So, when I heard about Brawl, I was hoping that Geno would make it in. Unfortuantly, he did not, so I waited for Smash 4, and again, he did not make it in. I have long waited for Geno to be in another game, and Smash is the perfect one. GENO OR RITO!

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace

He's the most popular character from Super Mario RPG. Really I'd be happy to see an SMRPG anything in Smash at this point since SMRPG is one of the games I grew up with, and I feel supporting Geno is the best chance to make something like that happen. If they can put the SMRPG Mushroom Kingdom music in Fortune Street, then they can put Geno in Smash.

About the fundraiser: I don't know if any of us managed to find any streamers that'd wanna participate yet. Have we? The event's gonna be here in a few days... should we push it back again?

Evil Burrito

Smash Cadet
Who knows if Square Enix would let them. But hey, I didn't think Megaman was going to make it into Smash 4 so maybe there's hope! Last time Geno was in a Nintendo game was him having a small cameo in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga for the GBA.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

When Brawl was announced, I thought about every possible cool character that I would have liked to have in the roster. Geno was one of them, but back then I thought that he was unlikely... until I did a small research on the web. I found lots of people supporting him and asking for him, and I discovered that he was the most requested character! I started supporting him after that... it's like, for example, Tatanga. I like Tatanga but I know he has 0 chances of returning. But if I discovered a very huge fanbase supporting Tatanga (I mean, Pre-Brawl Geno huge), sure I would join them and he would become one of my most wanted.

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
About the fundraiser: I don't know if any of us managed to find any streamers that'd wanna participate yet. Have we? The event's gonna be here in a few days... should we push it back again?
I'm sorry I didn't see your post earlier but I don't know myself. I've been pretty busy these last days.
I don't think it's the case but we can ask. So everyone, any news on new streamers ? :o

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I have good news for you Star Gazers:
The very next Smashified character is gonna be a Mario-character. (Source: Artsy Omni's Twitter)

Of course this could be anyone, but it's still something to mention.

Steelia

Smash Champion
The very next Smashified character is gonna be a Mario-character. (Source: Artsy Omni's Twitter)

Imma guess it'll be someone like Waluigi or Daisy. Geno'd be grand, but not gonna get my hopes up too much.

Geno Boost

Smash Master

I hope he is making the original geno design because not sticking with the original design made his brawl geno not the most popular fanmade drawing

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
I hope he is making the original geno design because not sticking with the original design made his brawl geno not the most popular fanmade drawing
I sincerely hope for Geno needed to be confirmed in SMASH BROS FRANCHISE IN T-I-M-E, cuz rumors about ShantaeForSmash is actually spreading like wildfires and hot cakes as well like crazy http://www.geeksnack.com/2015/05/21...ds-to-receive-shantae-as-dlc-character-rumor/ but I hope all of you supporters keep on voting Geno more than 10 times in order for Geno's inclusion for Smash Bros.DLC! P.S: @ Geno Boost Geno Boost ! I hope, you, myself & other Geno supporters are voting #GenoForSmash the best way we can do for now, tho!

NateCurtis(NJC)

Smash Apprentice

Alright, everyone who has twitter ask artsy omni to make a smashified version of geno so people can see who geno is and can maybe vote for him spread the word to omni:chuckle:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
From what I can assume, the stream will have to be pushed again--

May I suggest we push it when it's Summer vacation ? We could have more people coming to the stream whereas during finals...
Plus more free time !
Ok. By summer vacation do you mean mid-June? I could swing a mid-June date.

Twitch stream is it still on 23rd tomorrow right? like what time..
I don't think anybody found any streamers yet so I guess not. :(

I wish I had more time to dedicate to this. I've got a lot on my plate already; it's hard to find time to help out aside from what I've already made.

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Even though I don't know much about Geno, but what I've seen of him I've liked. So, I can definitely say I support this.
Geno For Smash 4 DLC

Also, if Geno were to talk: Who do you think would be a good VA for him?

Top Bottom