• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Ok, I'm finalizing the site now. There's just one more page to write up and the logo to finish (I'm waiting for the 3D text to render in Photoshop now) and it should be done enough to start off with.

EDIT: The site is pretty much done now; all we need is for someone to make a fundraising page on Make-A-Wish's fundraising section so that I can put in the donation links and we'll be good to go.

Last edited:

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Yoo-hoo people~ we seriously, desperately need someone to make a fundraising page on Make-A-Wish's site today so we can start promoting the fundraiser~~ Can anyone do this? Who signed up to do so on the volunteer sign-up sheet? We need someone to step up literally today to make this happen on time.

I don't mean to be rude or rush people or anything. We might have to push the charity drive back another week and just have it on the 22nd or 23rd because this is taking longer to set up than we anticipated. Oh well.

Last edited:

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Yoo-hoo people~ we seriously, desperately need someone to make a fundraising page on Make-A-Wish's site today so we can start promoting the fundraiser~~ Can anyone do this? Who signed up to do so on the volunteer sign-up sheet? We need someone to step up literally today to make this happen on time.

I don't mean to be rude or rush people or anything. We might have to push the charity drive back another week and just have it on the 22nd or 23rd because this is taking longer to set up than we anticipated. Oh well.
if I knew how I would... I have no clue how T^T

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
if I knew how I would... I have no clue how T^T
It's ok, we'll figure out something.

EDIT: On that note, would you guys like me to post a link to the site, even though I don't have links to the fundraising page up yet (it's like 99.9% completed, all I'm waiting for is the fundraising page actually)? I'm antsy about doing this because I'm afraid it'll get spread around before it's actually 100% ready for launch, but if you guys want to look at it I will anyway.

Last edited:

NateCurtis(NJC)

Smash Apprentice
It's ok, we'll figure out something.

EDIT: On that note, would you guys like me to post a link to the site, even though I don't have links to the fundraising page up yet (it's like 99.9% completed, all I'm waiting for is the fundraising page actually)? I'm antsy about doing this because I'm afraid it'll get spread around before it's actually 100% ready for launch, but if you guys want to look at it I will anyway.
YEAH I REALLY WANT TO SEE IT :chuckle:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Guys! Get a load of this:

Mikegamer0608Smash Apprentice
NNID:
Mikegamer0608
New

So Shantae got fourth place in the the third-party division of a Smash Central poll? I can't confirm this...
Yeah you're right its over on tumblr.
Super Smash Bros. Central Fighter Ballot Poll Results!
Hey everyone Super Smash Bros. Central’s Fighter Ballot Poll has ended and the RESULTS ARE IN!! After this poll’s duration of a month, we now get an idea of who everyone is voting for on the Official Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! Don’t forget to submit your vote there as well (Link Below)

Official Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot: https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/

Here are your WINNERS :D

Nintendo Poll:

1. Chrom (152 votes) [9%]

2. Daisy (125 votes) [7%]

3. King K. Rool (113 votes) [7%]

4. Inkling (112 votes) [7%]

5. Waluigi (106 votes) [6%]

Third-Party Poll:

1. Banjo & Kazooie (224 votes) [16%]

2. Sora (159 votes) [11%]

3. Bayonetta (139 votes) [10%]

4. Shantae (118 votes) [8%]

5. Rayman (115 votes) [8%]

Links To Results:

Nintendo: http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5525e278e4b07084151c8ef4

Third-Party: http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5525ed27e4b07084151c8f05

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Amazing page ! I signed up for the picture price ovo/
Though, there should be some limit about the prices, I'm willing to do it but too much would be tiring--

Anyway, hope we can have the things done soon~
I don't see why anybody who donated artwork would have to do any more than one or two pictures.

And it's looking like we might have to push off the date of the actual fundraiser from the 16th to the 23rd or the 30th. It's 5 days away but because it's taking longer to organize this thing we don't even have streamers yet. :( Oh well, we'll make some time and find some people.

Do any of you guys have a problem with pushing off the fundraiser date by a week or two?

Last edited:

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why anybody who donated artwork would have to do any more than one or two pictures.

And it's looking like we might have to push off the date of the actual fundraiser from the 16th to the 23rd or the 30th. It's 5 days away but because it's taking longer to organize this thing we don't even have streamers yet. :( Oh well, we'll make some time and find some people.

Do any of you guys have a problem with pushing off the fundraiser date by a week or two?
What I meant is that 3 or 4 may be ok but if we get too much request, it'll hard to work on them all or else they'll have to wait a while.
But that's my artist capacity, there's maybe someone else who could do more then I do.

And I don't think there's no problem with the dates for me !

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730

Well, take your time
icon-faster.png
before October 3rd 2015 that's The Smash Bros Ballot will be closing in about 5 more months!

Double0Groove

Smash Ace

So Shantae got fourth place in the the third-party division of a Smash Central poll? I can't confirm this...
Hey everyone Super Smash Bros. Central’s Fighter Ballot Poll has ended and the RESULTS ARE IN!! After this poll’s duration of a month, we now get an idea of who everyone is voting for on the Official Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! Don’t forget to submit your vote there as well (Link Below)

Wow... I'm glad to see that some of these unofficial polls has Sora ranked so high.

NateCurtis(NJC)

Smash Apprentice

Mikegamer0608Smash Apprentice
NNID:
Mikegamer0608
New

Nintendo Poll:

1. Chrom (152 votes) [9%]

2. Daisy (125 votes) [7%]

3. King K. Rool (113 votes) [7%]

4. Inkling (112 votes) [7%]

5. Waluigi (106 votes) [6%]

Third-Party Poll:

1. Banjo & Kazooie (224 votes) [16%]

2. Sora (159 votes) [11%]

3. Bayonetta (139 votes) [10%]

4. Shantae (118 votes) [8%]

5. Rayman (115 votes) [8%]

Links To Results:

Nintendo: http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5525e278e4b07084151c8ef4

Third-Party: http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5525ed27e4b07084151c8f05
aww man, geno came 8th place :c:( but it's just a fan made poll so i guess its okay

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
aww man, geno came 8th place :c:( but it's just a fan made poll so i guess its okay
Well, I kinda doubt that the person who did this picture searched through the whole internet to gather this much info. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't stop fighting ! We need to keep fighting~
(And, I have a feeling that there's some fan opinion in these results...)

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Ok, we're FINALLY good to go now!

I had to make a new account on the Make-A-Wish foundation site to make a new fundraising page, but after a lot of confusion and frustration I managed to get it done. Here's a shortened URL to the page because the original URL is needlessly long: http://bit.ly/1K2S2P3
http://bit.ly/1K2S2P3
And because I was able to make the fundraising page, I was able to finish the Wordpress site finally! It's now 100% good to go!

Also, since everybody thought it was OK and no one disagreed, I pushed back the date for the streaming fundraiser to May 23. So we have all of two weeks to get the word out to as many people as possible and get as many streamers onboard as possible!

Everybody who gave me links to their Geno Facebook pages should put a link to the Wordpress site (https://geno4smashcharitydrive.wordpress.com/) and to the Make-A-Wish fundraising page on their pages. If your page isn't on the charity site yet give me the URL and I'll put up the link.

We have enough time now so if we all pull together we can do this! Our biggest problem right now is finding willing streamers. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find some? Also someone who has a Reddit account should go announce the fundraiser over there too; we need as much exposure as humanly possible. I know there are some Geno fans there.

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
Also, since everybody thought it was OK and no one disagreed, I pushed back the date for the streaming fundraiser to May 23.
Crud, I am going to be in Connecticut on the 23rd and 24th and won't have access to a computer. I feel bad because I have not been contributing a lot to the formation of this charity. Still, you can count on me to spread the word to as many people as possible! *Salutes*

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Crud, I am going to be in Connecticut on the 23rd and 24th and won't have access to a computer. I feel bad because I have not been contributing a lot to the formation of this charity. Still, you can count on me to spread the word to as many people as possible! *Salutes*
Should we just have the event on the 30th, or sometime on the week of the 25th? Anyone got a suggestion?

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
I go with May 25th!
In the United States, May 25th is Memorial Day, so it could be either a good thing or a bad thing. It could be good because our charity event links up with a major holiday, which makes it even more special. However, we must also consider that on that day people are probably going to be outside watching parades and having barbeques with friends and family. I personally don't mind if we keep it on the 23rd. We have plenty of supporters here.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
In the United States, May 25th is Memorial Day, so it could be either a good thing or a bad thing. It could be good because our charity event links up with a major holiday, which makes it even more special. However, we must also consider that on that day people are probably going to be outside watching parades and having barbeques with friends and family. I personally don't mind if we keep it on the 23rd. We have plenty of supporters here.
Oh yeah, that's right, Memorial Day is always on the last Monday of May. And I'm sorry; I forgot you were talking about how you'd be out on the 23rd. :(

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Ok, I guess everybody wants it to stay on the 23rd so on the 23rd it shall be for now.

I have some important stuff I have to take care of for the new few days so I entrust spreading the word to Facebook, Youtube, Reddit, etc. to you guys. I will also do what I can if I have a little spare time this week. If you guys have Tumblr or Deviantart pages or some-such those would be good places to spread the word about the event too. I know you guys can do it!

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I guess everybody wants it to stay on the 23rd so on the 23rd it shall be for now.

I have some important stuff I have to take care of for the new few days so I entrust spreading the word to Facebook, Youtube, Reddit, etc. to you guys. I will also do what I can if I have a little spare time this week. If you guys have Tumblr or Deviantart pages or some-such those would be good places to spread the word about the event too. I know you guys can do it!
No problem ! I'll put the link in my journal on dA when I get the time to do it ! ;)

Natis

Smash Apprentice
I have had a few people contact me after watching my vlog tell me that they went to vote for Geno even though they don't know who he is. So hopefully it helps his cause a tad.

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
I have had a few people contact me after watching my vlog tell me that they went to vote for Geno even though they don't know who he is. So hopefully it helps his cause a tad.
I picture them voting for geno like what game is he from.. idk why should he be in the game because he is the beeestttttttttt..
but yea it should help

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
But several other RPGs that came out before Super Mario RPG sold more than SMRPG did. Final Fantasy 5, 6 and two Dragon Quest games sold more than SMRPG did, and those games were a lot harder than SMRPG was. Even the other RPGs that sold less than SMRPG did such as Earthbound were more difficult but have American followings as big as if not bigger than SMRPG's. There's no basis for the claim that the game was deliberately nerfed to cater to American players, or that RPGs in general had to be nerfed to get Americans interested in them at all. It's just not true. If it was we wouldn't have any Final Fantasy games here at all.

I'm sorry if I sound mad or upset, I don't mean to. It just sounds like baseless reasoning that was made up on the fly to justify the imbalance when there doesn't need to be a reason at all. It just... is. The unbalanced battle system doesn't change the fact that Super Mario RPG is a great game, and just because SMRPG is a great game doesn't mean it is a perfect one and we cannot address or acknowledge its flaws at all.
I was really pulled away from everything for 3 weeks, sorry to bring up old topics.
I see that there were other games that had more balanced battle systems, but keep in mind this was also a Mario game. It is quite possible it was an unbalanced battle system because it was also rated 'K-A', and for the Mario audience.

Also I am going to even go farther on a cracking limb to say that if you 100% all the obstacles, their could have been a 'Hard mode' or 'Special mode' that could be unlocked. Super Mario World 3 for instance, has the Special Stages. Maybe SMRPG had plans for such a thing. I like to think so.

Also, this is quite the discussion we held! Thank you!

twinAgony

Smash Rookie
Yay, the page is finally up! Although, it would good if we provided more than only the usa's link to the Smash Ballot (idk, is just, when I first heard about the poll I headed to that exactly url to vote, but it was useless. Later I learnt that every zone has its own link and all of that, until then I was so confused pfft). Just a suggestion tho, it's pretty good as it is! *thumbs up*
Mhm, I'm back from the con and wow, guess who I found there? Another Geno (yesss), with whom I took a picture ofc. I'm very shy and I don't even know the guy, so that's why it's...'censored' (? -I'm the one on the left side of the photo btw!
First cosplay ever, don't judge me *shot*

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
Ok, I pretty much read everything from when I disappeared. kiteinthesky, and everyone, keep your spirits up!

I have already calculated something you could call a back-up plan. Something for the 'worst-case-scenario'. We got plenty of artists gathered, and we definitely have a hot spot of dedication. Even if Geno is not in Sm4sh, or even if Nintendo can never do anything with Geno again, we have one more card up our sleeve.
We could make a fan-made dedicated project. Kinda like the Seven Stars Comics, but we have a Vote-Plot-As-We-Go. Sure it could start off as another 'fan-graphic-novel' but if we are more dedicated to Geno than Nintendo or Square, they may just give the rights to us. Sure, he might not be in another game ----well, never say never. I know we are all itching to revive him, and I know we have enough talent to start off small-but-strong. I have plenty idea's even for a Card Game, and as far as the new-story-that-geno-should-roll-in, a couple deep plot twists as well.
Think, Choose your own adventure cross's (I really really have to use this haha forgiveme.jpeg) The Eternal Will of the Swarm.
E-book x Graphic Novel = E Graphic Novel.
What does everyone else think?
genohaircut.png

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Ok, I pretty much read everything from when I disappeared. kiteinthesky, and everyone, keep your spirits up!

I have already calculated something you could call a back-up plan. Something for the 'worst-case-scenario'. We got plenty of artists gathered, and we definitely have a hot spot of dedication. Even if Geno is not in Sm4sh, or even if Nintendo can never do anything with Geno again, we have one more card up our sleeve.
We could make a fan-made dedicated project. Kinda like the Seven Stars Comics, but we have a Vote-Plot-As-We-Go. Sure it could start off as another 'fan-graphic-novel' but if we are more dedicated to Geno than Nintendo or Square, they may just give the rights to us. Sure, he might not be in another game ----well, never say never. I know we are all itching to revive him, and I know we have enough talent to start off small-but-strong. I have plenty idea's even for a Card Game, and as far as the new-story-that-geno-should-roll-in, a couple deep plot twists as well.
Think, Choose your own adventure cross's (I really really have to use this haha forgiveme.jpeg) The Eternal Will of the Swarm.
E-book x Graphic Novel = E Graphic Novel.
What does everyone else think?
View attachment 51733
I love Geno's hairstyle the way it is!
tumblr_lw106aSynS1qgyncko1_500 Geno.jpg

Top Bottom