• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social General Ice Climber Chat

kelots

Smash Cadet
Yo. I got 3rd in singles (outplaced by Armada and Rocky) and 2nd in teams this weekend (outplaced by Armada + Lolex; teamed with Rocky). I played really well and feel like I have an idea about what I need to work on so I'm glad even though I lost 2-3 to Rocky twice in bracket. Most of my bracket matches got recorded so you can expect them on youtube sometime this week (I hope). Pulled off some cool 20xx ICs stuff in my matches + nearly got a JV5 in LF at against Rocky (12% off iirc) so it should be worth a watch.
what do I search on the interwebs to check this out?

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
About the shieldropdiscussion. Any idea if it can be used to punish something like peach aerials if done perfecly? If so maybe platforms are key to beating peach.
I use shield drop nair or uair. sometimes bair if it's the right position.

just remember, shield dropping usually desyncs you. nana doesn't like to go through platforms too often. especially out of shield stun.

but yes, platforms are key to standing any kind of chance against peach.

Or FoD. FoD is different because you try to trap peach on low platforms and abuse the disjointed hitboxes you have and whatnot. FoD is probably the best anti-peach stage for ICs. Then probably BF or dreamland. I don't like yoshis as much usually because I just feel like it's an excellent peach stage.

FD is absolute garbage and you should ban it no matter what.

Binx

Smash Master
DI down and away, if you smash DI it, its better but otherwise just hold down and away and you can buffer a roll if you feel like they will go for the grab anyways.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
no that's bec
with peach i usually get out of dthrow -> dair by holding up and nairing/airdodging. but maybe my opponents aren't doing it right...
no peach can do that because peach can do whatever she wants to the ICs.
dthrow->dair->regrab should never work on peach.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
peach have do DI up and away if she wants to escape the dair(and i think smashDI is needed) meaning you know that and can abuse the up away DI if she dares to DI "correcly"

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
peach can still DI down and buffer roll or spotdodge->dsmash.
she can also DI up and away and nair, which is pretty safe.

If you do reverse dair, you can bair and hit her out of her escape DI, but a lot of peach players will mix in airdodges with their escapes, so you have to read it.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Against Peach you can dthrow, double jab with Nana, having the 2nd jab hit her as soon as she gets thrown. She shouldn't go barely anywhere at all. Seen at 5:08 in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyZe0vvWrY8

I've never tested this on a human, but but looking at her hitstun animation if done right it looks like it could work...

Last edited:

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Against Peach you can dthrow, double jab with Nana, having the 2nd jab hit her as soon as she gets thrown. She shouldn't go barely anywhere at all. Seen at 5:08 in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyZe0vvWrY8

I've never tested this on a human, but but looking at her hitstun animation if done right it looks like it could work...
I use this a lot on less experienced players, but it's really easy to SDI out of.

@ Tomber Tomber I'm looking forward to watching those videos later.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
That's what I get for poking my head up every other year without playing humans. I'll crawl back to my cave now...

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
depends on who you talk to.
I know that in ohio, most of us are under the impression that he's around the level of mario.
meanwhile, I know that all of pittsburgh thinks he's worse than roy.

Psycho_Bayleef

Smash Apprentice
Wobbles needs to get his ass back on these forums and do some explaining.
Disappears for a year and comes back to smash with the SICKEST IC combos, getting 2nd or 3rd at every big tourny in Texas. And he doesn't wahbble anymore? Or is Texas like Ohio and just bans wahbbling

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
Are there any huge differences to the Icies based on disc ver.? I play on PAL and most of the Icies stuff that I assume has mostly been found on NTSC, but is there anything significant I should be aware of?

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Wobbles needs to get his *** back on these forums and do some explaining.
Disappears for a year and comes back to smash with the SICKEST IC combos, getting 2nd or 3rd at every big tourny in Texas. And he doesn't wahbble anymore? Or is Texas like Ohio and just bans wahbbling
Ohio doesn't ban wobbling...
that's michigan

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
I think he said he's done wobbling in tournaments? But when I heard that I had to question it cus he also said he was retired. Idk, maybe he just wanted to prove that he's an insane player without wobbling.
EDIT: This is in reference to @ Psycho_Bayleef Psycho_Bayleef 's comment about Wobbles and his godliness.

Last edited:

Psycho_Bayleef

Smash Apprentice
Oh god this new tech. Mmmmmmmmmmph. I'm gonna save the explanation for Fly since he discovered it, but oh gosh SleepyK showed me and it leads into so many things.
it's a desynch

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i asked fly if he minded me posting stuff since we did a bunch of research on it and whatnot

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Aerial sideB with popo (and nana too? I forget) gives an initial 1.7 momentum even though it caps it at 1.5 as soon as you move the stick. If you return the stick to neutral by frame 2 and don't move the stick until the move is over you will keep the constant 1.7 instead of capping at 1.5. The extra distance is very noticeable. It goes like an extra BF plat length. Not sure how useful or easily reproducible this is but I thought I might as well share it.

Psycho_Bayleef

Smash Apprentice
Aerial sideB with popo (and nana too? I forget) gives an initial 1.7 momentum even though it caps it at 1.5 as soon as you move the stick. If you return the stick to neutral by frame 2 and don't move the stick until the move is over you will keep the constant 1.7 instead of capping at 1.5. The extra distance is very noticeable. It goes like an extra BF plat length. Not sure how useful or easily reproducible this is but I thought I might as well share it.
Thanks PM dev team toaster.
Now i can squall hammer from off screen FoD to come back

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Does that include mashing B?
People learn samus super wavedash, this seems even easier since you just have to let go of the stick very fast

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Let's say I want to do this to recover high and keep drifting towards the stage as the move ends. At one point in the animation/transition to special fall should I start holding forward? I didn't really notice any difference doing this your way and the usual way in Dolphin (pressing B every other frame in both cases if that's significant at all), but I think that might be since I don't know when to start holding forward as the move is ending.

Dunkdimmedon

Smash Rookie
I was experimenting with our little ****** friends and I noticed that when I hit with a synced D-smash I can immediately desync from that into blizzard or iceblock or charged smash etc, does anyone know why this works?

Last edited:

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
TOs salty cause you wobbled em?
well one of them just hates it because his training partner used to get mad and go ICs and just wobble when he couldn't win when they were first starting out.
The other one just hates me as a person because Neoh/Pgh can be melodramatic and I'm vocal when I disagree with something in our region.

FlamingForce

Smash Journeyman
I was experimenting with our little ****** friends and I noticed that when I hit with a synced D-smash I can immediately desync from that into blizzard or iceblock or charged smash etc, does anyone know why this works?

a quick video to showcase Dsmash > nana ice block (give it some time to process)

I would really like to know the specifics behind how and why this works, the timing is on the tight side but I've been able to do dsmash into desynced ice blocks and blizzards, I was able to achieve the same results with synced ftilts and synced blizzard (synced blizzard being significantly easier to desync out of)

Last edited:
Top Bottom