• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FB3: The Shocker//April 11th-12th PDX

Climax11

Smash Ace
I'm really interested in this. I've been planning on visiting my sister in Portland this winter. The fact that she can get boring sometimes, and that I have no friends up there means that this would be an ideal weekend for me to come! Chalk me up on the Unconfirmed list.

I'm from St. George, UT.
Bad ***, it'd be awesome to have you, I hope it works out.

Also, ftw, Idaho! That's awesome, wether's it's just 3 or all of you, I'm looking forward to it.

Now all I need to do is get some more washington peoples to come and I'll be looking at a pretty **** tourney for Portland.

HBIC

Smash Rookie
Actually, from Idaho
Confirmed:
QraQ
Knuttz
Gnosis
Alchemist-amari
TurtleHoop (its his family)

Unconfirmed:
Kinx
Lemon
Battlechrist
Craztad
Buzzsaw & Sugarpoultry

again we are down for 2 setups too

So far.

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
Um, Alchemist and I are not confirmed. I still have to talk to my parents, make sure my dad is home to drive me (Because he's a semi-driver), and talk to my aunt to make sure she'll house us. However, I'm good for a Tv, Cube, VCR, and power strip if we are able to go.
Also, Alchemist has to be able to convince his parents to let him go. We'll have to do some talking.

Climax11

Smash Ace
So one thing I was thinking about during SF:E this last weekend, that bothered me (in no part fault of the hosts), is that there were definatly more people (at the very least from the portland area) that would have liked to come to the event but were unable to due to ride/financial issues.

Now while I have not come to a solid conclusion on how to over come this obsticle, one thing I will be doing is allowing people to come friday night and stay til sunday afternoon. This will though, be somewhat limited (although I will be able to house a good amount of people, just not sure of the number), and be first offered to OOS'ers.

Still, some way to come to figure out rides in advance would benifit people being able to come to the event, so with this said, in the next few days/weeks I will be trying to help organize rides as much as I can, as to make it so the maxium number of people want to come can come. So if you think you can come/would like to come but just don't know, try and post so I can get a good confirmed/unconfirmed list going, and also if you can post cars with open seats, or if you're in need of ride situations as soon as known, this might also be of help.

Thanks.

Now off the soap box.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
So one thing I was thinking about during SF:E this last weekend, that bothered me (in no part fault of the hosts), is that there were definatly more people (at the very least from the portland area) that would have liked to come to the event but were unable to due to ride/financial issues.

Now while I have not come to a solid conclusion on how to over come this obsticle, one thing I will be doing is allowing people to come friday night and stay til sunday afternoon. This will though, be somewhat limited (although I will be able to house a good amount of people, just not sure of the number), and be first offered to OOS'ers.

Still, some way to come to figure out rides in advance would benifit people being able to come to the event, so with this said, in the next few days/weeks I will be trying to help organize rides as much as I can, as to make it so the maxium number of people want to come can come. So if you think you can come/would like to come but just don't know, try and post so I can get a good confirmed/unconfirmed list going, and also if you can post cars with open seats, or if you're in need of ride situations as soon as known, this might also be of help.

Thanks.

Now off the soap box.
Just in case turtle hoop does not go.....is there any housing available for Idaho?

Climax11

Smash Ace
Just in case turtle hoop does not go.....is there any housing available for Idaho?
Yeah, like I said I'm putting my housing out on a first come first serve, but I could probably house atleast...5/10 people? I need to check with my roommates to get a final number but i don't think that would be a problem. Just let me know as soon as you're all informed.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Yeah, like I said I'm putting my housing out on a first come first serve, but I could probably house atleast...5/10 people? I need to check with my roommates to get a final number but i don't think that would be a problem. Just let me know as soon as you're all informed.
Thanks for the update. I'ts nice to have a backup just in case your primary can't do it for any reason.....cause I have no money for a hotel....:(....poor college kid....untill may...

Climax11

Smash Ace
What does everyone think of the Early Bird Tourny (even though there are only 6 people confirmed for it at this point...) being a Main's Only Tourny?

FoosJr

Smash Ace
I'm gonna have to disagree with that because if I go to it I won't want to play sheik in it I'll want to play my fox and ps I'm gonna try to make it to the early bird tourey.

Climax11

Smash Ace
K. Well I guess main only was the wrong title for it. I mean more of a "you pick one character and you stick to them" tourny. Since some people have more than one main...

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
I'm working on getting to go. Money may be an issue for me, I'm not entirely sure yet, but I may try to sweettalk my mom into letting me drive, or if at all possible drive down with you guys. I'm not sure if Alch would be able to go (in fact I would say no to him right now as going) so just me to go along might make a huge difference money wise for you guys o.-
What's the car look like for you right now Knuttz?

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
how about a ditto tourney? every match agree with your opponent which characters to ditto, if you cant decide its random.

Climax11

Smash Ace
K. I like the idea alot too. So I think saturdays going to end up looking something like:

11:00 AM $5 Agreed/Random Dittos Early Bird.
1:00 PM $10 Each Teams
4:30 PM $10/$15 Singles
7:30/8:00 PM $5 Per Crew 4/5 Man Crew Battles

And maybe a Friday night tourney too, depending on the foreseeable turn out.

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
by the way, add me to confirmed for early bird and normal tournament. i dont know if ill have a set up to bring since binx dropped off the face of the earth and had my entire set up at his house.

i want to make the friday night possible tournament, but i wont know til that week if i can get it off.

Climax11

Smash Ace
Have you been able to get ahold of binx in any cappacity? Or did he just post and run after that other day? Also, do you know if Mihns going to come?

T0MMY

Smash Master
I like alternative events, dittos sound fun, but I don't think it'd work out well because what would stop someone like t1mmy from only agreeing to Kirby?
I'm ok with the ditto event, just wondering how you'll work out the details.
I'll add, I saw a video of an alternative event where characters are chosen from random drawings, the lower tiers had a greater chance of being chosen. 1st round you play chosen character, 2nd you switch character with your opponent, and if there's a 3rd round you both choose any character you want. Sounds like fun, anyone else interested?

Climax11

Smash Ace
Could I ride with you P?
I think P decided to go to a tournament in Texas instead practice_mAn. I would have loved to have you guys though.

And T0MMY, I figured if people disagreed they could just use the random function on the character select. Or they could come to the agreement "1st round your pick, 2nd round my pick" and then figure out the last round from there if there is one. But your idea doesn't sound half bad either. I'm down with whichever one of those, they both sound pretty similar so I'm not going to sweat it. Should I expect you for the early tourney then?

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
i have not tried to get a hold of binx, he has no phone nor will to use anyone he is near to call me... so yea. i know hes active on smashboards, i looked at his profile. he prolly just lurks here cause he received flak for being a dumb ****, but he posts on other threads.

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
enough of binx, what he did only has effect on his reputation and my personal property, not the direction this thread is taking.

im getting really excited for this and would like to, for once, get some good practice in over the next 2 weeks. i am usually available to play every other day because of my work schedule, so anyone in the portland area that wants to play for a little while here and there holler at me. i can travel there, or if you wanna make a trek out to gresham then even better for me!

lets kick this off with tomorrow evening... who wants to play?

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
actually nvm this if you read it, i wanted to smash today, but i really need to get some hardcore cleaning done cause i have family coming in to town tuesday and lots of work needs to be done, BUT i might still be able to play tonight depending on how productive i am.

but i think i want to host a tournament this saturday, or at the very least a get together. my apartment can fit a decent amount of people, i have one set up here with recording junk... and all the gresham people live super close so may easily have a good gathering. if interested respond on OSM or aim me: Jaycerighthurr.

Climax11

Smash Ace
brdy_'s situation makes my penis soft.

oh and Jayce if you end up being able to smash tonight, i'm down, gimmie a ring if it's a possibility.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Maybe do both suggested events? Might have to make it single-elim if time is needed?
I like the idea in the ditto match, that each player can pick a character to be ditto'd, if it goes to third round maybe random character, that'd really put in some variety X^)

Climax11

Smash Ace
I think that sounds really good T0MMY.

So coin toss, one player picks the dittos. other player picks the dittos. Then random if there's a third round.

Set. In. Stone.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
I'm working on getting to go. Money may be an issue for me, I'm not entirely sure yet, but I may try to sweettalk my mom into letting me drive, or if at all possible drive down with you guys. I'm not sure if Alch would be able to go (in fact I would say no to him right now as going) so just me to go along might make a huge difference money wise for you guys o.-
What's the car look like for you right now Knuttz?
1. Right know For sure ME and Qraq...I'll give us a 95%
2. I belive Just Action and Gnosis might go too...Ill give them a 50%
3. Kinx and lemon...No clue..they haven't updated anything
4. BattleChrist is a NO go...he can't leave th estate..
5. I'm assuimng anyone from mountian home was going with you turtlehoop..

6. If all else failes...I can bring Jailene(FrankieFreakshow) and elisabeth(SweetTangerine)....like the tourney in idaho falls...

So I could have 5...I'm really pushing for 5 people...I don't want to drive that far for only 2... :(...If anyone from idaho wants to go ....let me know.....and what is your car situation turtle hoop...what is the limit on you anyway?

VenusGospel

Smash Apprentice
SINCE, this is in Portland and it seems like it's going to be fun, my friend Rawb (Taun Taun (Outdoorschool name (For Gage and Ryan if possible regarding a ride))) can offer a Ride down to this if needed for Gage Ryan Luscious and Jesse if needed. PM me if you do (sadly it's not the smash van, so no smash in the car >.>). Possible setups:

2 Wii/GCs & Smash
2 TVs
Long Table for setups if needed? (could offer the dimensions on it)

This should be very doable considering how close we live, so I'll cya there.

Top Bottom