• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Hey, that's my avatar
I am using this avatar about a week, don´t know if it´s possible to prove that on the forum XP
How about that, we can be brothers!

Or you can change....

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
My predictions are now:
Mii- Casual crowd pleaser
Pac Man- 3rd Party addition
Shulk- They'll probably have another X trailer and Shulk will fill the "hardcore" gamer request

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If they actually do demos at E3, I'm gonna be really jealous of whoever gets to go.
It doesn't help, knowing that Nintendo tends to not offer people eShop demos for its upcoming games. I know that the games are still in development, but it seems unfair that only a chosen few are given the opportunity to try the games out.

D

Deleted member

I am using this avatar about a week, don´t know if it´s possible to prove that on the forum XP
How about that, we can be brothers!

Or you can change....
As long as you find me a better Assist Trophy better than Elec Man

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
It doesn't help, knowing that Nintendo tends to not offer people eShop demos for its upcoming games. I know that the games are still in development, but it seems unfair that only a chosen few are given the opportunity to try the games out.
Even compromise: They put out a demo for new games like they did with MK8/3DW/WW/DK:TF a few months back.

I can see why they wouldn't put a demo, honestly, it's smash - though for 3DS a demo of smash run could work...

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I doubt they'll show off as much info as they did in the direct. To compensate, I think they'll just throw us what we want: character reveals. Guessing 2-3 newcomers and 2-3 veterans.

I hope :p I feel like I just typed a huge amount of wishful thinking.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
They are gonna go all out on this one. I would not be surprised in the slightest if they showed every single veteran they missed before hand in the trailer (excluding Dr. Mario, Young Link, and perhaps Pichu as well)

Considering the 3DS version is coming out in the Summer, and I'm assuming late Summer like August, maybe they'll show the whole roster to go with it. Theyll probably give the more "obvious selected newcomers" such as Palutena, Ridley (it'd be a surprise at this point), Shulk, and etc.

D

Deleted member

I doubt they'll show off as much info as they did in the direct. To compensate, I think they'll just throw us what we want: character reveals. Guessing 2-3 newcomers and 2-3 veterans.

I hope :p I feel like I just typed a huge amount of wishful thinking.
I would say it's likely, we got 3 newcomers last year and a bunch of veterans

D

Deleted member

I wonder if Sal will appear just before E3 to give us some more newcomers...
I could actually see this happen. E3 2013 and the Smash Direct were big reveals and he leaked newcomers on both places. With E3 2014 coming around, it's logical to think we'll get our final batch of newcomers there.

*please have Mewtwo and K. Rool on the roster*

E3 will be big. I expect several veterans (wouldn't be surprised if we got 5+) and multiple newcomers (3). My guesses are Pac-Man, Mii and a hype newcomer (Mewtwo/K. Rool/Palutena/Ridley).

Last edited by a moderator:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I could actually see this happen. E3 2013 and the Smash Direct were big reveals and he leaked newcomers on both places. With E3 2014 coming around, it's logical to think we'll get our final batch of newcomers there.

*please have Mewtwo and K. Rool on the roster*

E3 will be big. I expect several veterans (wouldn't be surprised if we got 5+) and multiple newcomers (3). My guesses are Pac-Man, Mii and a hype newcomer (Mewtwo/K. Rool/Palutena/Ridley).
For hype newcomers

Ridley will very possibly be a lock if we get to E3 with no ridley Potd pictures with him as a boss hazard and sakurai saying I'm sorry I could not make ridley playable

Mewtwo probably the most likely of the 4 I mean why would sakurai troll us with greninja giving the illusion that he's mewtwo and plus E3 is far bigger than the smash bros direct

King k rool yea he could get revealed highly requested and kremlings are enemy's

Palutena she got to 99% sure to be in now due to the troll from the direct and the leak (still possibly fake but still smaller than a sand grain of a chance of being fake at this point)

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Welcome to Smashboards. I hope so too.
Thanks fam.

I'm not that big of a video game fan but I'm crazy about smash. Safe to say I'm hyped for this upcoming E3 way more than the ones in recent years, especially after the direct.

At the very least I expect some veterans to be confirmed, a look at what single player will be like, and a demo on the floor.

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
Well, we could get lucky. Nintendo's been doing those early game-access promotions recently. They did the one at Best Buy to preview Super Mario 3D World, DKC Tropical Freeze, Wind Waker HD, and MK8, and they also did one at GameStop for Pikmin 3. Considering how hyped up Smash 4 already is (and Nintendo definitely knows it) I wouldn't be surprised if they did another one of these promotional stunts for Smash 4. It'll probably happen after E3, but it'd be better than nothing.

And on topic, super-crossing my fingers for Mewtwo being announced for playable status at E3. :awesome:

Last edited:

SpiderJerusalem

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NewBabel
3DS FC
4124-5499-0990
If characters are revealed, there will be at most 3 characters and one of them will probably be left field (a la :gw::rob:and:4wiifit:). The other one will be a highly requested character (Ridley for example) and if there's a third it will be either a 3rd party or Mii.

HatsuneMiku

Smash Apprentice
I'm just calling it now, Smash for 3DS is gonna come out at the very end of summer. August 31 or at least somewhere close to that date. Nintendo loves to polish their games as most as possible, look at Mario Kart 8 coming out at the very end of May. Gut tells me same will happen with Smash. As for Wii U Smash we'll be lucky if we even get it before 2015.

kylexv

Smash Master
My NEW in-depth predictions:

Pattern of reveals:

Villager: Green Male
Mega Man: Blue Male
Wii Fit Trainer: Green Female
Rosalina: Blue Female
Little Mac: Green Male
Greninja: Blue Male

In this case, we will get a Green Female and a Blue Female next.
The green is probably Palutena. I'm guessing the blue could be Mii (since the Mii COULD be female).

Therefore, I predict Palutena and Mii as newcomers and Ness, Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, and MAYBE Mewtwo as veterans.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
I'm just calling it now, Smash for 3DS is gonna come out at the very end of summer. August 31 or at least somewhere close to that date. Nintendo loves to polish their games as most as possible, look at Mario Kart 8 coming out at the very end of May. Gut tells me same will happen with Smash. As for Wii U Smash we'll be lucky if we even get it before 2015.
Ha! Getting a game, that has been stated too release in 2014 ever since it's announcement (like 2 years ago now?) and was just recently (a week ago) reconfirmed to be releasing this year, in 2014 would be considered "lucky"?

I agree that Smash3DS seems very likely for as late as summer can be though, considering Mario Kart 8's "Spring"-release. Ofcourse it's not impossible that SmashWiiU gets delayed into 2015, but to call ourselves "lucky" if it doesn't... Can't say I agree with that. I'd say the exact opposite to be honest. It would be extremly unfortunate and we as consumers should not expect or accept not having this game released before the end of the year.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
One of you should flop the image then it'll look like he's dancing when someone skims down the page and see the two of yyou
My NEW in-depth predictions:

Pattern of reveals:

Villager: Green Male
Mega Man: Blue Male
Wii Fit Trainer: Green Female
Rosalina: Blue Female
Little Mac: Green Male
Greninja: Blue Male

In this case, we will get a Green Female and a Blue Female next.
The green is probably Palutena. I'm guessing the blue could be Mii (since the Mii COULD be female).

Therefore, I predict Palutena and Mii as newcomers and Ness, Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, and MAYBE Mewtwo as veterans.
Blue Female you say? Lucina says hi!

HatsuneMiku

Smash Apprentice
Ha! Getting a game, that has been stated too release in 2014 ever since it's announcement (like 2 years ago now?) and was just recently (a week ago) reconfirmed to be releasing this year, in 2014 would be considered "lucky"?

I agree that Smash3DS seems very likely for as late as summer can be though, considering Mario Kart 8's "Spring"-release. Ofcourse it's not impossible that SmashWiiU gets delayed into 2015, but to call ourselves "lucky" if it doesn't... Can't say I agree with that. I'd say the exact opposite to be honest. It would be extremly unfortunate and we as consumers should not expect or accept not having this game released before the end of the year.
If you're familar with Nintendo's history of delaying games, you know what i'm talking about.

D

Deleted member

For hype newcomers

Ridley will very possibly be a lock if we get to E3 with no ridley Potd pictures with him as a boss hazard and sakurai saying I'm sorry I could not make ridley playable

Mewtwo probably the most likely of the 4 I mean why would sakurai troll us with greninja giving the illusion that he's mewtwo and plus E3 is far bigger than the smash bros direct

King k rool yea he could get revealed highly requested and kremlings are enemy's

Palutena she got to 99% sure to be in now due to the troll from the direct and the leak (still possibly fake but still smaller than a sand grain of a chance of being fake at this point)
Even if we get Ridley at E3, him as playable is absolutely not a lock. It is probable that he would show up as a boss there since Sakurai is trying to plan something big for him, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's playable. He could be disconfirmed at any time and that includes E3.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I would say it's likely, we got 3 newcomers last year and a bunch of veterans
Yeah, but I think they were more pressed to announce characters last year because it was around the time they needed to lay down their groundwork for the starting roster.

Since then, they've steadily added to it. I think we're at a point where character reveals might slow down. This is why I think E3 isn't going to focus on character reveals as much as other modes of play and the like.

Then again, it could very easily be argued that the opposite will happen and more characters will be revealed in an effort to hype the game up even more.

Fingers crossed.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I expect a playable demo for E3 attendees, direct feed footage of at least one or two unedited matches for us at home, one character reveal, details on cross connectivity between the two games, and some Wii U exclusive features to make up for Smash Run being exclusive to 3DS.

I feel those are the most realistic expectations, though we'll probably get a surprise or two, if the Direct was anything to go by.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Even if we get Ridley at E3, him as playable is absolutely not a lock. It is probable that he would show up as a boss there since Sakurai is trying to plan something big for him, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's playable. He could be disconfirmed at any time and that includes E3.
True but I said possibly a lock so not 100% a lock for a newcomer at E3

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
If you're familar with Nintendo's history of delaying games, you know what i'm talking about.
I'd say I am, since Ive owned every Nintendo console since the NES (excluding some portable ones and vitrua boy).
Too consider ourselves "lucky" if we get Smash4WiiU this year is still just wrong. If you thought I said that there's no chance a delay can happen, you misinterpreted. I just pointed out it would be silly calling ourselves 'lucky' if one didn't happen. More like we should be mad and let Nintendo know about it if a delay did happen =)

But nvm that, back to topic: I actually think people are hyping this up too much. Sure it will be big, but I see most people saying this will blow the direct out of the water and so on... The Direct was 40 minutes only focused on Smash!
Sure E3 is big, but it's for every single thing gaming Nintendo got going on. So I don't exactly think it will be something that will put the direct to shame. Hopefully there is a demo on the floor and that will give us alot of footage from gaming media. Seeing some unedited games played is kinda all I want right now. But seeing WiiU is winter 2014 I'm not so sure anymore. I had no doubt it would be a WiiU-demo on the show floor before. Now I have no clue, not even a gut feeling :(

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
You know the worst part? Assuming he's not playable, the best thing for PR would be to wait until Smash 4 launches. Really, that's the only way the producers can do it and get away scott free.

Dairz

Smash Ace
You know the worst part? Assuming he's not playable, the best thing for PR would be to wait until Smash 4 launches. Really, that's the only way the producers can do it and get away scott free.
You're making it sound like they would be getting away with a faulty product or something. :rolleyes:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm actually not planning to attend e3 this year, but here's my predictions

Newcomers
Shulk
Shadow
Krystal
Chrom
PacMan
Dixie Kong
Toon Zelda
Ridley

Veterans
Ness
R.O.B.
Mr Game and Watch
Lucas
Falco
Ice Climbers
Meta Knight

3DS Stages

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D stage
Handheld MegaMan stage
Some stage for a handheld Sonic game
Sector 4: Metroid Fusion
Venom: StarFox 64 3D
StarFox Command stage
Yoshi's Island
N's Castle: Pokemon Black and White

Wii U Stages
Space Colony Ark: Sonic Adventure 2
Krazoa Palace: StarFox Adventures
Lylat System based stage: StarFox Assault
Citadark Isle: Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness
Tower of the Gods: Zelda Wind Waker HD
Planet Phaaze: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Fire Emblem Stage
Yoshi Story stage: Yoshi Story
Starcutter: Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Fourside: Earthbound
Any Console F Zero course: F Zero
Super Mario 3D World Stage
Luigi's Mansion

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
You're making it sound like they would be getting away with a faulty product or something. :rolleyes:
Considering how fans react, they act like it's a faulty product with only one character. :substitute:

That said, as over dramatic as it sounds, that's how PR works in reaction to fan demand. If they already know they're going to burn some bridges, why intentionally burn more bridges than burn less? Sakurai and Co may be trolls and jokers, but that doesn't mean they're gonna purposely throw bad PR on themselves.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I think the smartest thing to do is announce all of the characters that are high demand and on the roster. Make E3 a blowout.

And then save the rest as pleasant surprised for us to find post-release.

Seems to be the only way they can substantially top the direct.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I got this for newcomers 3 or 4 for E3 (impossible to predict him thanks to greninja)

So for 3 I got

Ridley mii and pac-man

(If ridley gets deconfirmed before E3 the the bellow

Mewtwo mii pac-man (to explain sakurai was probably saving mewtwo for a bigger event than his smash direct)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
What i would like to see.

Shulk, RIdleyKing K Rool, and Mewtwo/Pac-Man during the Nintendo conference. (Direct or at E3)

Mii revealed the same way as the Wii Fit Trainer.

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Here's a better question: Let's say there are no unlockables and the game comes out about a month after E3. Is it really in their favor to keep anything hidden? I'm not saying they play all their cards at E3, but I am saying they can play all their cards before release.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Here's a better question: Let's say there are no unlockables and the game comes out about a month after E3. Is it really in their favor to keep anything hidden? I'm not saying they play all their cards at E3, but I am saying they can play all their cards before release.
Barely any of the unlockable characters from before are revealed if I don't see falco or ganondorf or ness or captain its a no brainer unlockable stuff will be back

SenseiJosh

Smash Rookie
NNID
bunnydrummer
3DS FC
2852-8601-4250
I think it would safe to expect 1-3 character reveals

oGr33n

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3050-7615-9118
Whoever is revealed, I really hope Sakurai and co. are able to find a character that 95% of the community did not see coming and will still welcome with open arms. like Greninja.

It's a lot more exciting that way then just "Oh yay, it's Mewtwo....we all thought he'd be back!" or "Sweet it's Pacman! We've been predicting this for months now!".

Top Bottom