• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
-Ganondorf's new cloned moveset :troll:
Like, Ganondorf being a clone of Donkey Kong instead? -__-

I can just see it before my eyes. Sakurai on the stage during his Smash-presentation:
"I know many have been dissapointed by Ganondorf being a Captain Falcon clone in previous games. Well we changed that. Please, take a look." *bows and gestures towards the screen*.

Ps: I wonder what people would think if Ike was cut but Ganondorf was changed to use a sword and have Ikes moveset. Just striked me and I'd probably be okey with it.

Last edited:

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
For E3 I predict we will see the reveal of 2 veterans, 1 new comer. Or maybe 2 new comers and 1 veteran? In any case, 3 characters.

More info about the connectivity/relationship between the 3ds and wii u version, and possibly what special exclusive features the wii u version will offer.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I'm not too big on Pokemon, but I could totally see Sakurai-san not revealing Mewtwo ever ever. Why reveal him when players can be surprised playing in-game seeing it for the first time ever? That's the biggest "holy ****** **** " moment for a Smash player as they did not expect it like that. It will happen, it will be posted throughout the internet and everyone will foam from their mouths etc.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
I'm not too big on Pokemon, but I could totally see Sakurai-san not revealing Mewtwo ever ever. Why reveal him when players can be surprised playing in-game seeing it for the first time ever? That's the biggest "holy ****** **** " moment for a Smash player as they did not expect it like that. It will happen, it will be posted throughout the internet and everyone will foam from their mouths etc.
Yeah, if Mewtwo is in it, I bet he will be an in game reveal as well.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I can definitely see this happening.

In fact I feel like Mewtwo might be the reason Lucario was revealed. (and why Lucario is probably a starter)

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Considering the Greninja reveal trailer kinda teased us to expect Mewtwo, it may possibly be a sign. :bluejump:

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
Considering the Greninja reveal trailer kinda teased us to expect Mewtwo, it may possibly be a sign. :bluejump:
Yeah, that was either a huge troll, or somebody really goofed with that one. I mean, how many people honestly didn't think, at least for just a split second, "Mewtwo". Three fingers charging something up..only a select few things that could plausibly be.

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I'm expecting at least three newcomers and vets, each. If we get five characters for a measley direct and we got about 12 at last year's E3, six really doesn't seem too odd to me.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
They might be trying to make Mewtwo more accessable to new players by altering his moveset a bit. I mean, if they took ages to reveal Yoshi, only to reveal that he has a slightly different stance, then the same can possibly said towards Mewtwo.

They might reveal more Final Smash changes as well. Giga Bowser should be a boss again, in my opinion, and not Bowser's final smash.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I think we can also expect to see more modes, such as the Wii U's Adventure Mode and the custom stage builder.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I think we are gonna get palutena, pac-man and possibly another newcomer and a couple of veterans

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
Newcomer reveals: Pac-man/Ridley
Veteran reveals: Snake, Captain Falcon, Mewtwo, Wario
3DS Release Date and Wii U shorter release window
Wii U exclusive feature
More details on costumization
3DS - Wii U connectivity

This is what I'd like to see for E3.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
See, the thing is as soon as the game releases, some one will have hacked into the data and found Mewtwo in the character list. He'd then post it on the internet, and that'd hinder the hype of me actually unlocking him.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
See, the thing is as soon as the game releases, some one will have hacked into the data and found Mewtwo in the character list. He'd then post it on the internet, and that'd hinder the hype of me actually unlocking him.
Then Samurai would get mad at us again. :(

Zanvel

Smash Cadet
I think we will get at least 3 newcomers, my thoughts are:

Palutena: The trophy quiz and she isn't Pit's Final smash anymore.
Pac-Man: The E3 is the perfect time to reveal him.
Ridley: A hype char, and Sakurai just showed the shadow, so maybe it's possible.
Mii: I just have a feeling :D
Sceptile: We have a water starter and a fire starter, so I think we will get a grass starter too, and I think he fits in very well.
King K. Rool: He is a hype char and the E3 is perfect for him.

And I think we will get some veterans too:

Captain Falcon: He could come with a new F-Zero :)
Falco/Wolf: I think one of them could be shown there.
Ganondorf: If he has a new moveset, I could see that he will be reveald there.
Ness
And maybe some others.

(Sorry for my bad english)

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
I doubt we're gonna get a second pokemon newcomer, let alone a grass starter. Even if we did have a 2nd pokemon newcomer, it's most likely gonna be gen 1 or 5.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
E3 Predictions! Well! I predict we will see a Pac-Man Trailer, a Mii Trailer, and get some more info on customization, Wii U - 3DS connection, modes, and all other happy things. I don't think E3 is the time for veterans but if we'll get any I guess it'll be someone tied to another E3 announced game that we don't know yet, so Sakurai can surprise us while we aren't thinking clearly. Perhaps Wario after a new WarioWare 3DS game has been announced?
I might come back and change up my predictions if we see Wario around May 30 for Mario Kart 8, though it's a longshot considering that, while that game does have Wario, it isn't a WarioWare game, which is clearly what Wario in smash bros. is representing.

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
- If Ice Climbers arent cut off due 3DS limitations, they would put them in the probably upcamoing demo for E3.
- Release dates (for 3DS at least)
- Pac-Man (if he is really a newcomer)

I can't se they showing up a lot of Newcomers, I'm pretty realistic about It Right Now. Almost a whole year passed since the game was annunced and they Get us just 6 newcomers until now. I can't see the total number of newcomers over 12 or something like that. By now I'm expecting at maximum three newcomers before releasing.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Predictions:

Things I'm Sure of:
-More information about customized movesets.
-More information about 3DS <-> Wii U Connectivity
-At least one newcomer
-Repeating information from the Direct

Things that might happen:
- The rest of the original cast (Ness, Cpt. Falcon, and Jigglypuff) might be revealed. Or at least one of them.
- Ridley confirmed to be a boss character and not playable. :troll:
- More concrete 3DS date. It's pretty much summer by the time E3 rolls around, so...
- Information about the Tomodachi Life stage on the 3DS?
- More information on the online modes.

Things that might not happen:
- Pac Man and Mii reveal. I don't see it. If it happens, great, I'm wrong. We get another creepy character (SFxTekken nightmares) and a character who potentially has a penis for a face. Win/win. To be fair, with Tomodachi Collection/Life... Mii isn't too farfetched. I guess.
- Wii U Specific mode(s) revealed. It's coming out in winter, I'm banking on the fact that it's because they have a lot more to work on in the Wii U version and they're going to try to make it worth the wait before revealing it.
- Specifications on which stages will not get Final Destination versions.

Things that I want to happen, but more than likely won't:
- More Majora's Mask representation
- Master Hand reveal
- 3DS XL Smash Brothers bundle

Things I just don't want to see:
- People whining or coming up with scapegoat reasons of why Ridley isn't playable.

Showmethesmash

Smash Rookie
I see 3DS release date, wii u month, details on connectivity between the two and the big selling point of the wii u version, which will be 5 players and a huge single player campaign.

I don't see Palutena being at E3. This is the time they get all the mainstream media there. Palutena would be lost on them. Big 3rd party - PAC man. Mii - to get all the people that bought wii's looking and a few returning characters that are well known, gamondorf and game and watch.

Stages and assists will be shown through the character reveals but nothing specific.

I think there will be a stage show this year and a huge push on this with cinematics for each character and some real showmanship.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
They might be trying to make Mewtwo more accessable to new players by altering his moveset a bit. I mean, if they took ages to reveal Yoshi, only to reveal that he has a slightly different stance, then the same can possibly said towards Mewtwo.

They might reveal more Final Smash changes as well. Giga Bowser should be a boss again, in my opinion, and not Bowser's final smash.
No no, ofcourse he is going to be the most altered returning character yet. Don't you know, they have been working on changes of him ever since melee or since the brawl production started? He is getting so many changes that a development time of two games was required to get it done. Maybe it might even take three and he won't come untill the Smash after this one :rolleyes:

Last edited:

slicesabre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2621-2933-2738
Predictions:
- Master Hand reveal
I dunno that doesn't come off a something they would like reveal. I mean yes Master Hand is the staple Smash series villian and I fully expect him to return but showing him off at E3? Ehhhh.[/quote]

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I dunno that doesn't come off a something they would like reveal. I mean yes Master Hand is the staple Smash series villian and I fully expect him to return but showing him off at E3? Ehhhh.
"Things I want to happen but more than likely won't"

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I dunno that doesn't come off a something they would like reveal. I mean yes Master Hand is the staple Smash series villian and I fully expect him to return but showing him off at E3? Ehhhh.
[/quote]
CG Master Hand in the trailer with other bosses! :awesome:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
I have a feeling we'll see a healthy amount of in-stage bosses and things that he touched on in the trailer but didn't want to elaborate a lot on. More than likely we'll get a more in-depth look at moveset customization. E3 is a perfect time to display that (right before the game release too).

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I see 3DS release date, wii u month, details on connectivity between the two and the big selling point of the wii u version, which will be 5 players and a huge single player campaign.

I don't see Palutena being at E3. This is the time they get all the mainstream media there. Palutena would be lost on them. Big 3rd party - PAC man. Mii - to get all the people that bought wii's looking and a few returning characters that are well known, gamondorf and game and watch.

Stages and assists will be shown through the character reveals but nothing specific.

I think there will be a stage show this year and a huge push on this with cinematics for each character and some real showmanship.
Well palutena is pretty mainstream now after the huge success of uprising and she's one of the most popular characters now and sakurai has teased us about her so much that that could lead up to a huge reveal at E3

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Sceptile: We have a water starter and a fire starter, so I think we will get a grass starter too, and I think he fits in very well.
This would make me the happiest man alive. I doubt it though. I have the feeling that we have Greninja and Charizard because they are the most popular starters of the first generation and the current one.

Last edited:

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
No no, ofcourse he is going to be the most altered returning character yet. Don't you know, they have been working on changes of him ever since melee or since the brawl production started? He is getting so many changes that a development time of two games was required to get it done. Maybe it might even take three and he won't come untill the Smash after this one :rolleyes:
They obviously didn't have time to implement Mewtwo in Brawl, so they are passing on the planned changes to SSB4. No need to be a patronising arsehole!

PokéMurio

Smash Apprentice
Like you said above Sceptile would really make awesome character so E3:

- random mario stuff

- Pokémon 3rd generation remake games
- Sceptile playable in smash

Last edited:

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
I expect Palutena to get in but not at E3. Seems like she would fit in well in a regular Nintendo Direct taking up the Smash time spot.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
To be honest, that's pretty much how I responded when I unlocked him in Melee. :laugh: It just makes sense that Mewtwo would be unlockable, especially since it's very likely that we'll be having four playable Pokemon in the starting roster.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I don't expect Brawl veterans at E3 Direct/presentation, unless they were victims of a significant retooling or happen to be named Snake. Either that or loads of them are revealed. One to five aren't worth the fuss. Could be wrong, obviously.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Seriously 49 days to go? I run a PotD prediction game over on GFaqs that starts new rounds every 50 days and you're telling me that I basically only have one full round left to do that?

Time does fly...

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I don't expect to see a newcomer before E3 and Palutena doesn't seem like a huuuge E3 announcement like Megaman, but... I dunno, neither is Villager or Wii Fit Trainer. I just expect Pac-Man and Miis cause it seems like they would be big deals, and somehow I'm just expected a big finisher before the 3DS version comes out and we learn about the roster for ourselves. They must have a very interesting Wii U version exclusive mode/modes to keep going with pic of the days and stuff. But um, I hope this isn't too off-topic but I had a dream about E3! It was wayyy overboard! So many characters announced. Lots I didn't even know. Really obscure suggestions I might have glanced at on this site and my brain brought em all out for this dream. Some kinda mage, and some kind of prehistoric warrior/barbarian... Plenty of obscure people. And then Pac-Man! And then when we were done with surprises, Snake returns! And then when you check the website Brian Griffin (the dog from family guy - I dont even watch that!) was in, but under a strange name like... Oh what was it...? Something like Gohn Dodo or somethin, very silly.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I don't expect to see a newcomer before E3 and Palutena doesn't seem like a huuuge E3 announcement like Megaman, but... I dunno, neither is Villager or Wii Fit Trainer. I just expect Pac-Man and Miis cause it seems like they would be big deals, and somehow I'm just expected a big finisher before the 3DS version comes out and we learn about the roster for ourselves. They must have a very interesting Wii U version exclusive mode/modes to keep going with pic of the days and stuff. But um, I hope this isn't too off-topic but I had a dream about E3! It was wayyy overboard! So many characters announced. Lots I didn't even know. Really obscure suggestions I might have glanced at on this site and my brain brought em all out for this dream. Some kinda mage, and some kind of prehistoric warrior/barbarian... Plenty of obscure people. And then Pac-Man! And then when we were done with surprises, Snake returns! And then when you check the website Brian Griffin (the dog from family guy - I dont even watch that!) was in, but under a strange name like... Oh what was it...? Something like Gohn Dodo or somethin, very silly.
That is quite the dream you had there, So what did you take and can I have some?

Top Bottom