• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
My expectations are:

-We'll get a release date or news of a delay. This is essentially a guarantee with the 3DS 'planned release window.
-We'll get a newcomer at the very least. Not sure about multiple ones, but at least one minimum and 3 maximum if we get lucky. If Pac-Man is in the game this is where he'll need to be revealed.
-If Snake and/or Mewtwo are indeed in the game they'll need to be revealed here. I can't see them sneaking into the game unannounced, especially the former.
-If they aren't, then if Wario, Meta Knight and maybe Ice Climbers aren't revealed yet we'll see them. Most likely one of Ness/Lucas too.
-I'm banking on us seeing stages and items during footage.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
- Pac Man Revealed
- Mii Revealed
- Ridley Revealed
- Palutena Revealed
- Chrom Revealed
- Tingle Revealed
- Wii U exclusive mode revealed
- Wii U/3DS connectivity detailed

Jackson

Smash Lord
Here's a better question: Let's say there are no unlockables and the game comes out about a month after E3. Is it really in their favor to keep anything hidden? I'm not saying they play all their cards at E3, but I am saying they can play all their cards before release.
Idk about Wii U, but there likely won't even be that much time to spoil stuff for 3DS before it's release. They should probably just reveal all the details at E3.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If Isaac and Bomberman were confirmed Sakurai you'd make me the happiest person on earth.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
well e3 is ridleys last chance since if he is in he be shown there

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
I just hope someone experienced from the smash community will be at E3 if there is a demo. I mean, I'd love too see all the gaming journalist play matches, but often when there is videos form E3, the people playing are awful at the games. It will still be nice to see the game in motion ofcourse, but far from what it could potentionaly be. I'd like to see an experienced Smasher have his/her way with the game, try out stuff and see what works and what doesn't.
Like Mew2King (wasn't it rumoured he would get to play it last E3 already? If true, he was up for it then, so he should definently go this year. Maybe bring a friend from the competetive community, caster/player, with him) should go there on a lil fieldtrip and play some games of Smash4 while filming it. I am pretty new here on the boards, maybe there is some Smasher that already is know to do this (goes to events like these and cover Smash). If so, then great! I'll watch for sure.

Tldl: If there is a demo on the show floor (wich I think it will be), I just want someone from our fine Smash community to be there and show us his/her hands on with it. I'd much rather watch that than X gaming journalist, that played Smash64 a couple of times when he/she was young, breaking down the game for me.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Release Date:
Solid 3DS release date.
A target month for the Wii U version

Features:
Wii U specific feature
How the 3DS and Wii U will connect.

Characters:
(2 Newcomers and 3 Verterans)

Pac-man
Palutena
Captain Falcon
Wario
Metaknight

Stages:
(2 new stages 2 returning stages)

WarioWare
Ice Climbers stage
Pokémon Stadium
Corneria

Misc.
Demos on the E3 Floor
Best Buy event
Ridley deconfirmation.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'd love to see a chi trailer like brawls confirming several veterans and newcomers. Imagine this: we see a chi city with miis walking around and then an explosion happens and we see a big fight between a bunch of veterans. Then an giant shadow swoops down and grabs several veterans launching them across the city. Ridley rampages into battle! Then sirens go off and we see planes, tanks and other things like helicopters and then a bunch of people jump out of them to attack Ridley. Miis parade into battle! They all team up And take Ridley down when all of a sudden, a giant PAC man rises from the ground and starts to eat the city! Pac man takes a bite out of the competition! They all try to fight back but he gets a power pellet eating all of them. Then when all hope seems lost he is blasted into pieces by a golden light! Palutena shines in! Then we get game play footage of all of them. Imagine how awesome that be!?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Release Date:
Solid 3DS release date.
A target month for the Wii U version

Features:
Wii U specific feature
How the 3DS and Wii U will connect.

Characters:
(2 Newcomers and 3 Verterans)

Pac-man
Palutena
Captain Falcon
Wario
Metaknight

Stages:
(2 new stages 2 returning stages)

WarioWare
Ice Climbers stage
Pokémon Stadium
Corneria

Misc.
Demos on the E3 Floor
Best Buy event
Ridley deconfirmation.
I think we should get the same amount of newcomers and veterans we got last E3.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
We will certainly not get more veterans than last E3, don't be rediculous. We got 9.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Probabily the Yoshi Wii U gonna be on this E3 since there was a course on Mario Golf 3DS the game is not dead...

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
Ridley, Pacman, Palutena (If not revealed by then), and Snake (If not removed, if so replace with Mewtwo)

Wario, Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, Ness revealed.

Possible demo/downloadable demo announcement (makes sense - for Wii U though since the 3DS will be getting a release date within 0-3 months)
Definite release date for 3DS/Possibly Wii U.
More gameplay

As for after, that might be Nintendo's time to pull it's curtain on any NDA's or possibly letting certain people stream it *cough*Mew2king*cough*

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I think it'll be this:

Releases:
3DS Release Date
More specific Wii U release date (December 2014, etc.)

Characters:
Palutena (just to confirm)
Pac-Man (third-party)
Mii (show customization of game)
Ness (64 original)
Captain Falcon (64 original)
Jigglypuff (64 original)

Stages:
Temple
Pokemon Stadium
Yoshi's Island
Tomadachi stage

Features:
3DS/Wii U connectivity
Wii U exclusive content
More assist trophies/items/Pokemon
Customizable movesets
Ridley boss, not playable
Demo

Other Games:
New 3D Mario
Mario spin-off
Zelda U
Pokemon Spin-off or Pokemon Z
Big virtual console titles (Pokemon, N64)
Miyamoto's supposed new franchise

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
I feel like I'll be updating this as new information is revealed (and I'm continually proven wrong).

• Pac-Man revealed
  • Another big, fan-favorite like Ridley or Palutena (but not necessarily these two)
  • NFC functionality
  • 3DS release date (actual) and still an approximation for Wii U

(I think I remember reading somewhere that Geist holds the record for most E3 appearances--a stunning achievement for what was no doubt development and direction frustration. I thought it might be kind of neat if Sakurai or someone made reference to this and said, "We thought it would be appropriate for the game to make another appearance to add to its record," and then Raimi is shown. I don't think this will happen at all...just wishful thinking.)

Last edited:

Samuel Intrater

Smash Apprentice
I don't think there will ever be a point where more than one newcomer is announced. They did it last E3 to go with the game announcement to raise hype, but now I think Sakurai wants to keep things spread out. He's done a pretty good job at spreading the newcomer announcements out just enough that we don't get too excited and impatient, but at the same time we stay interested. My guess is that E3 will give us one newcomer, a release date for both games and maybe finally some news on how the 3DS version and Wii U version will work together.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
my unlikely predictions

spiderman, peter griffen, bart simpsion, barock obama, gregory house, mickey mouse

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I don't think there will ever be a point where more than one newcomer is announced. They did it last E3 to go with the game announcement to raise hype, but now I think Sakurai wants to keep things spread out. He's done a pretty good job at spreading the newcomer announcements out just enough that we don't get too excited and impatient, but at the same time we stay interested. My guess is that E3 will give us one newcomer, a release date for both games and maybe finally some news on how the 3DS version and Wii U version will work together.
While I do also think Sakurai likes to spread out info over time. Summer is FAST approaching. I don't think he will blow all the surprises in one go but I do expect another big reveal. There is much more to cover in the 3ds version alone.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
After Greninja was revealed I don't know what I can predict. I was kind of feeling Pac-Man before. But there's no telling what can happen now!

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
While I do also think Sakurai likes to spread out info over time. Summer is FAST approaching. I don't think he will blow all the surprises in one go but I do expect another big reveal. There is much more to cover in the 3ds version alone.
BIG LIKE RIDLEY :p

Depends

Smash Rookie
I find it interesting that so many are trusting sal for Pac-Man as Namco's rep instead of looking to the Tales franchise.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
I find it interesting that so many are trusting sal for Pac-Man as Namco's rep instead of looking to the Tales franchise.
if namco got any character pacman is the only deserving one, he is the only one that can be considered a allstar.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Nightmare from soul calibur. That's my "unlikely prediction".

Hey final D has some soul calibur aspects.... Better than clouds in the sky ehh???

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Nightmare from soul calibur. That's my "unlikely prediction".

Hey final D has some soul calibur aspects.... Better than clouds in the sky ehh???
Nightmare isn't happening. Sakurai said he wasn't gonna add people from fighting games. So no Soul Calibur, Street Fighter, Tekken, Darkstalkers, Mortal Kombat, etc.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Nightmare isn't happening. Sakurai said he wasn't gonna add people from fighting games. So no Soul Calibur, Street Fighter, Tekken, Darkstalkers, Mortal Kombat, etc.
Where did he say that? Ya I'm callin' you out!!!
The wheel of Fate is turning..... Rebel One... ACTION!

TheUnsullied

Smash Apprentice
What I'm expecting:
-Official release date for both versions
-Pacman

What I'm hoping for:
-Ridley
-Mewtwo

D

Deleted member

What I expect:
-3DS release date
-Wii U release month
-Smash Run info
-Wii U exclusive mode
-Connection between two versions
-Custom Movesets
-HD Falcon Punch
-Newcomers: Ridley; Palutena; Chrom; Pac-Man?; Mii?
-Ganondorf's new cloned moveset :troll:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
For characters

Easily pac-man since he's hype worthy with him joint mario sonic and megaman

(Greninja made me only think of the obvious choices so I'm only saying pac-man is almost garenteed if playable)

Mii (mii can easily show more info on custom moves confirmed from the direct)

And a second WTf character (from sals leak probably a rythem heaven character if real anyway)

For mega hype characters

We could get either ridley or mewtwo (ps mewtwo will not be deconfirmed if he is not shown)

(For veterans simply the rest of the starter veterans)

Offical release date of both or slight delay for one of them
What the character select screen looks like
More stages
A couple of more items
A few S flag assist characters (pac-man could get shown after this part he would be the last shown of a flag guys)
More pokemon
More on game modes
Classic mode and adventure mode (bonus stages and master hand and possible crazy hand included)
More on smash run
Mutiplayer info

And E3 is to June 10 to the 12th so probably smash bros will be in 3 parts and each day will get one

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
From here 'til the day I'll update the thread title with a countdown

Top Bottom