• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yeah, sounds like good stuff. I actually think the Ridley shadow was a tease as well, and the Fi trophy was representing Girahim.
I am rooting for Ghirahim, but I feel that it will most likely be either Tingle, or Classic Ganon. :/ However, since Fi is from SS, it MAY be because there will be a SS character, and thus, Ghirahim would fit, hehe.
And yeah, I am positive Sakurai does his best to make people Think Ridley is a boss. But since he has never actually SAID it, he can say he never actually lied about it. Such an evil Little man~

I just hope Nintendo at this E3 will be on stage, rather than a Direct. :/ Not only does they get very Little attention compared, but the Directs are rarely working well. Plus, we need those Crowd reactions when Ridley and PacMan are shown. :p

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I fully expect to FINALLY see the character select screen. Seriously, we haven't seen it once, have we?
Not yet, no. I am very interested in seeing what it looks like, as that will be a screen I will see a LOT in the years to come. XD I also wonder how they will fit all characters on the 3DS version (the screen, I mean). I expect them to make use of both screens for that.

Staarih

Smash Master
And that King Kihunter Trophy felt extremely random to me. Not just to show in the Direct, but as a Trophy at all. Not a character I'd expect to get one. And there's Three Metroid Assists now even. I do feel Ridley is coming (and after a lot of analysis and such, it is very likely, but I won't argue with anyone and just see what happens).
Not to mention, the music that played while they showed the Kihunter trophy was indeed Ridley's boss battle theme... Call me a fool but I sense foreshadowing!

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Not yet, no. I am very interested in seeing what it looks like, as that will be a screen I will see a LOT in the years to come. XD I also wonder how they will fit all characters on the 3DS version (the screen, I mean). I expect them to make use of both screens for that.
Might have small icons so characters can be displayed on the top screen.

Last edited:

lami

Smash Journeyman
I am rooting for Ghirahim, but I feel that it will most likely be either Tingle, or Classic Ganon. :/ However, since Fi is from SS, it MAY be because there will be a SS character, and thus, Ghirahim would fit, hehe.
And yeah, I am positive Sakurai does his best to make people Think Ridley is a boss. But since he has never actually SAID it, he can say he never actually lied about it. Such an evil Little man~

I just hope Nintendo at this E3 will be on stage, rather than a Direct. :/ Not only does they get very Little attention compared, but the Directs are rarely working well. Plus, we need those Crowd reactions when Ridley and PacMan are shown. :p
Unfortunately Nintendo seems to be done with being on stage at cons and really pushes directs, so I doubt we'll see any presence at E3, stagewise.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Unfortunately Nintendo seems to be done with being on stage at cons and really pushes directs, so I doubt we'll see any presence at E3, stagewise.
There may be floor demos though. That's when they first showed the Wii Fit Trainer.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Relax, dude! I'm not saying he's not coming, I'm saying he's not guaranteed!
I am relaxed. :p I just find it odd how you keep using the 'no priority' thing = they won't get a rep.

Well, last year, they did say that, just because they only had a Direct that time, doesn't mean they will next time. :)

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
I think we probably see some Nintendo games announcements. X and a new Metroid, for example. So... people like Shulk and Ridley would have probabilities. Who knows... Maybe there's a Wario Land, a Kid Icarus U or whatever in Nintendo's E3 Direct...

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
This is what I think we'll get for Smash Bros in E3.

4 veterans - Ness, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff (all the N64 reps, along with possibly a Virtual Console Smash Bros 64), and Wario (cuz he's Wario)
3-4 newcomers - Lady Palutena (long overdue), Mii (showcase how you can put your own Mii inside the game, maybe they have game footage with a Reggie Mii to please fans), and Pac-Man (final 3rd party rep, to show Namco Bandai's involvement with the roster). Maybe Sylux from Metroid Prime to go along with a new MP title and to confirm that Ridley will not be appearing.
Alternate costumes
Official release date for 3DS version
And maybe a new game mode

As for other games...

-New Mario title for Wii U, and maybe a spin-off for 3DS.
-I would love to see a new Kid Icarus game, but Sakurai's making Smash, so that's a no
-New Metroid Prime title for Wii U, by Retro Studios
-Legend of Zelda U, details on gameplay and items
-eShop releases
-(please god) word on English release of the Attack on Titan 3DS game. PLEASE IWATA UNDERSTAND WE NEED THIS

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
-3DS release date
-Two Characters
-More info on WiiU's modes
-More info on how 3DS and WiiU work together.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Well after that direct it's a bit different so I'll post again I guess.

-Release info for both (day for 3DS, month for Wii U)
-A general trailer showing off menus, gameplay, a few vets, stages, items, etc
-Specific highlight of Wii U exclusive mode
-Info on how the two versions connect
-Two newcomers. IF somehow Sakurai has been trolling about Ridley, we'll see him here, along with another more obscure addition.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
But having 40-50 character Icons on one 3DS screen... how will that look?

Someone, make a pic of what that may look like. ^^
Simple a scrolling select screen (split into 2 parts the arrow to go to the other half)

And for smash E3 stuff looking at the following

Veterans (the rest of the starter veterans that don't get revealed before this) (we should get wario for mario kart 8 and possibly meta knight for the us version of kirby triple deluxe but he won't be til E3 obviously)

Newcomers (possiblitys)

Mewtwo (techanicly a veteran but still consider one and E3 is far bigger than that smash direct a couple of days ago plus e greninja trailer teases him a little bit and mewtwo can get shown for a special case)(aka will be unlockable but shown before the release this is also for shulk ridley and king k rool)

Ridley (he got teased at the direct and almost everyone is skeptical that its saids Ridleys deconfirmed plus the E3 is in the west where Ridley is wanted the most where's a better place to confirm or deconfirm him)

Pac-man (no brainer obviously the s flag and galaga is the give away that sakurai changed his mind about namco gets no special benefits)

Mii (great way to show them because they can clearly show custimations the best)

Palutena (couled happen but skeptical due to likely to be unlockable and shown after the 3ds release)

The rythem heaven character (from the sal rumor it looks good but not buying it without enough proof probably like 80% correct)

Shulk (another special case character and can bring hype)

King k rool (the 4th special case character the kremlings were shown thats a big big big hint for him)

And now for other stuff

More on smash run
The release date for the 3ds version
More on custom mode on wii u version (or could be custimation from the very begining)
More returning stages
A couple of more items
More on character changes
Information on classic and adventure mode
Master hand
See what the roster boxes look like on both versions (and see what the roster looks like not revealing everyone at once)
More hazard bosses (this could be the momment of truth for ridley if deconfirmed)
More items
More assist trophys
And more pokemon

That's what I got

Last edited:

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
What kind of moves would PacMan have? He's mostly remembered for his low bit days where he just gobbled up dots and ghosts. Everything since then has been average to terrible. This includes the current CGI series which is one of the most terrible things I've ever seen.

My point is old PacMan is deserving. He's a classic just like Mario. Newer PacMan sucks. :p

Last edited:

Jackson

Smash Lord
What kind of moves would PacMan have? He's mostly remembered for his low bit days where he just gobbled up dots and ghosts. Everything since then has been average to terrible. This includes the current CGI series which is one of the most terrible things I've ever seen.

My point is old PacMan is deserving. He's a classic just like Mario. Newer PacMan sucks. :p
Agreed. That "PacMan Party" stuff looks pretty bad.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Smash Run is 3DS exclusive because everyone has their own screen so there's no need to do split screen and that Jazz. WiiU's exclusive modes will be ones that could only work on a home console or be single player focused.

D

Deleted member

Everyone is doing it, sooo...
Trophy Theory: at least 2 of the rumoured and if lucky the other as well
Smash Run info
Wii U exclusive mode
Custom Moveset explanation
3rd party char?
3DS-Wii U connection details
E3 will be the decisive moment for Ridley, so keeps fingers crossed because unlike some we know how Sakurai's mind works

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
I'm hoping for a bunch of veteran reveals just like last E3 and a few new comers as well.

I think the veterans with the highest chances to be revealed at E3 are probably Ness, Captain Falcon, Ice climbers, Jiggly Puff and Ganondorf since I think he'll use that opportunity to reveal those characters that are obviously in the game and/or pretty much confirmed with items, assist trophies and stages so any doubt of their inclusion before is gone.

The reason I don't think Meta Knight and Wario won't be revealed then despite having the same conditions as the others just mentioned is because they have other opportunities to be revealed, such as NA's release of Kirby Triple Deluxe and Mario Kart 8.

As for the other characters, I think their prospects of an E3 reveal is a bit lower, though since I'm expecting 9 veterans, I can't honestly say who out of the remaining veterans have the higher chance of being shown at E3 as the remaining 4 characters.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Shulk could be switched out with anyone (Even though i want him in Smash) but Mii and Pac-Man are who i'm really betting on. (I expect Mii to be revealed the same way as Wii Fit Trainer. lol)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
For the Mii I can imagine: New Challenger Approaching... YOU!

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
My unlikely predictions:

- Mii reveal
- Pac-Man reveal
- 3DS release date (coming mid-July)

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I just want us to think about something here in both perspectives

On the optimism side, we should be thinking about how the game will be out. Is it really in Sakurai and Co's best interest to keep stuff hidden before the release date? Of course, don't demo the entire game at E3, especially since the Wii U version is out. I understand the phrase "Any press is good press" and "Mystery makes ANYONE interested" but how much of that mystery is good? IMO, we'll at least see as many characters as the Nintendo Direct had and at most, full roster/Villager trailer. Yeah, call me optimistic, but even if the release date is sometime in August/September while E3 is in June, it's still in their best interest to fuel the hype machine as much as possible. Don't worry - there will still be surprises. Stages, Music, Items, and many other aspects are up in the air for debate right now and will probably still be up in the air after E3. My point here is just that the release date may be even sooner than we think, so it's time for advertising.

On the pessimism side... Maybe keeping things hidden is in their best interest. I mean, it's gonna all be out there after the Wii U version, and honestly would you really have to do that much to hype it up? Why play all your best cards ASAP? There may be something we're not catching onto. Though, more towards Brawl, I run under the fear that so much has been said already. We're on at least 80 if not 90 items, 20 assist trophies, who knows how many pokemon, 29 characters with still plenty of veterans left, and how much else? The only thing that's really left unclear is stages as a whole... Woe is me.

Still plenty to look forward to at E3 and in the following months. I'll maybe make a list of what we're getting for sure later.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I see E3 being split into multiple Directs simply because there's so much content they could be showing. I imagine there being maybe 3-5 Directs? Possibly plus Smash...
Dependant on how many Directs there are I could see one Smash reveal per Direct being the norm.

Highly Likely (66%+)

Nintendo Direct @ E3: Teasing various upcoming releases, maybe giving release dates for stuff like Zelda Muso, showing off the upcoming 3D Mario, Zelda, Retro's Metroid, No More Heroe 3 etc. [Mewtwo/Pac-Man probably for optimal hype induction]

X Direct: It's a big one and we've barely seen anything at this stage, but it is a very big game... they've got to do a big Direct on it at some point though, and E3 is the time to get the hype out of it. [Shulk Reveal]

Dragon Quest Direct: The amount of motion going on at Square Enix is palpiable, and I'm sure, given that Monsters, Slime Mori Mori 3, DQVII and X are all on Nintendo consoles... and Yuji Horii has stated that DQXI will be on a Console (this basically means Nintendo too given that's where it sells best)... I'm pretty sure Nintendo will grant them a Direct to show off what's to come for both the west and Japan. [Slime, obviously.. assuming he's in..]

Somewhat Likely (33-66%):

Zelda Muso Direct: I imagine there's a lot to talk about, it really depends on how soon it's coming out if they'll get the Direct or not. [Reworked Ganondorf? Girahim?]

Bayonetta 2 Direct: It's a major 3rd party release, I really don't think Bayonetta's getting into Smash, but if she is, this could be where she gets shown off...

Smash Direct: They left things to be discussed later, but it is a bit close to the last one... [could be anyone]

Farily Unlikely:

Metroid Direct: Being a western focused series E3 is the place to hype it up, and we know Retro have been working on it (or atleast something, but I'm pretty sure it's Metroid given Reggie's Pin incident) for at least a while... I just don't think it's going to be ready for more than a teaser by this point... if it is though... [Ridley, obviously]

Indie Direct: Nintendo are pushing the Indie front, and with stuff like A Hat in Time, Knite and the Ghost Lights, Churbles, Azure Striker Gunvolt... and all the Unity games they've not mentioned yet there's more than enough for a Direct about it... again, not expecting a Character out of this one.

Very Unlikely... but:

Rare Direct: If Rare have changed hands they're getting a Direct at E3, and possibly/probably a Banjo reveal... but I do not expect Rare to have changed hands...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm going to predict a reveal at E3 of....

Palutena
Miis
Shulk (or Chrom)
Pacman
2 or 3 veterans (Ice Climbers, Ness/Lucas, Meta Knight)

I think people are being a bit tame in their smash Bros predictions for E3. There's every chance they'll try to replicate what they did during the smash direct.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
My gut says that Shulk isn't gonna be in this. But he is in the realm of possibility.

That's the both awesome and horrible thing about Sakurai. You never know.

Top Bottom