• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
They obviously didn't have time to implement Mewtwo in Brawl, so they are passing on the planned changes to SSB4. No need to be a patronising arsehole!
I dont think they had many big changes in mind at all. It was simply not enough time to get him in there, seemingly he was a lower priority character (possibly because Sakurai thought Lucario filled some of the void left by Mewtwo?). And my first post was a harmless joke, no need to get so stingy and personal about it... Anyways, lets just hope he returns. Cause Lucario or not, I still miss Mewtwo! :(

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Hoping the DK stage will not only be shown but also in the playable demo at E3.

Hey if there's a playable demo at E3, which there probably will be, what characters and stages do you think they will have for the public to use?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sure, I'll take a swing at this.

I think the characters revealed at E3 will be Palutena, Chrom, Ike, Wario and/or Metaknight, and Pac-Man. Palutena will be revealed through a standard newcomer trailer while Chrom and Ike are revealed in a dual trailer in the same way that Charizard and Greninja were. Pac-Man will also have a separate trailer that will be at the end of the other two or shown as a surprise after the initial presentation. Meanwhile, Wario and/or Metaknight will be shown in a 10-15 minute Developer Direct and, during this Direct, Sakurai will reveal that every character has at least one ALT, showcasing Wario in his standard wear (just like in Brawl) and/ or Metaknight as Galacta Knight before showing a brief montage of other costumes for other characters.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm absolutely positive Mewtwo and Palutena will be revealed at E3, and, if he's actually in the game, Ridley.
Considering how close the game is to release, though, it could be that any one of those characters are revealed in June.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Here is my prediction:

The trailer starts with Mario, Sonic and Mega Man all facing each other in a stormy field. The three then lunge towards each other, as cool close ups show each character blocking and dodging each other's moves. The three are then paused, as Master Hand appears in the sky. Master Hand summons a Special Flag with the click of his fingers. The Special Flag then conveniently falls into the hands of Pac-Man, who then strikes a pose, before unleashing something within the Special Flag...

The trailer then cuts to gameplay footage of Pac-Man doing random stuff, as well as some of Master Hand's gameplay. The trailer also shows some Special Flag characters, including classic 8-Bit Pac-Man, Dig Dug, Mappy, and more. Just as the trailer is about to end, when Pac-Man, Sonic, Mega Man and Mario all shake hands, a sillouette can be seen from the shadows, wielding a massive sword, and a knight's helmet....

D

Deleted member

Here is my prediction:

The trailer starts with Mario, Sonic and Mega Man all facing each other in a stormy field. The three then lunge towards each other, as cool close ups show each character blocking and dodging each other's moves. The three are then paused, as Master Hand appears in the sky. Master Hand summons a Special Flag with the click of his fingers. The Special Flag then conveniently falls into the hands of Pac-Man, who then strikes a pose, before unleashing something within the Special Flag...

The trailer then cuts to gameplay footage of Pac-Man doing random stuff, as well as some of Master Hand's gameplay. The trailer also shows some Special Flag characters, including classic 8-Bit Pac-Man, Dig Dug, Mappy, and more. Just as the trailer is about to end, when Pac-Man, Sonic, Mega Man and Mario all shake hands, a sillouette can be seen from the shadows, wielding a massive sword, and a knight's helmet....
I wonder who he is...(seriously, just give me the answer, I don't know!)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Here is my prediction:

MONSTER HUNTER!!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I got some scenarios for characters in my opinion

Ridley (this is in the west and it's even bigger event thats smash direct and one of the days of E3 might be simular)

Mewtwo (most requested character and he was hinted in the greninja trailer)

Pac-man (3rd party character and if pac-man is confirmed playable the game will make history due to 4 most known characters being playable)

Palutena (unmask her because of the troll last time)

Chrom (same as palutena)

Mii (for showing off the custimation more)

In my opinion due to the idiom end with a bang I'm going with ridley mewtwo and pac-man before the release to make the game a best seller easily

D

Deleted member

Ridley (this is in the west and it's even bigger event thats smash direct and one of the days of E3 might be simular)

Pac-man (3rd party character and if pac-man is confirmed playable the game will make history due to 4 most known characters being playable)

Palutena (unmask her because of the troll last time)

Chrom (same as palutena)

Mii (for showing off the custimation more)

In my opinion due to the idiom end with a bang I'm going with ridley mewtwo and pac-man before the release to make the game a best seller easily
Am I the only one that don't find Pac-man "nintendish", for me it would be just like Snake, a cool addition(not on moveset this time) but that doesn't fit, I want my Smash with a Ridley soup and Wonder-Red for dessert

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I personally feel like if King K. Rool is going to be revealed, e3 is his chance. What better time to reveal one of the most highly requested first-party characters than at e3? It just makes sense...

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I personally feel like if King K. Rool is going to be revealed, e3 is his chance. What better time to reveal one of the most highly requested first-party characters than at e3? It just makes sense...
As long as we get dixie too, maybe it'll be a double trailer like greninja's

D

Deleted member

I really hope for a trailer like Brawl's E3 one, and with a surprise Newcomer at the end

D

Deleted member

1 or 2 newcomers, around the same number of vets we got last E3, 3DS and Wii U connectivity, more Wii U information, and release date clarification for both versions.
You heard it here first folks.
And probably nothing from Valve this E3 because they hate everything and everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
1 or 2 newcomers, around the same number of vets we got last E3, 3DS and Wii U connectivity, more Wii U information, and release date clarification for both versions.
You heard it here first folks.
And probably nothing from Valve this E3 because they hate everything and everyone.
I think asking for the same number of vets is a little much, I mean we got 9, let's just hope for maybe 5 at the very least

D

Deleted member

Since the 3DS version is releasing this summer, I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai does reveal the whole character roster, or at least most of it. Maybe everyone on here?

http://www.latintimes.com/super-sma...ull-character-roster-see-who-made-list-167270
We already disproved this on a ZU thread:
1-There's a white space at the right of the Roster
2-Chrom's japanese name is Krom
3-"Ice Climbers" in japanese has always been "Ice Climber"
4-Isn't it weird that there's one Newcomer yet to be revealed?
5-Ganodorf's and Jiggs' icons
6-Same number as Brawl, could easily be a mod skin for it, there's also the fact that the franchise are horizontally making it be displayed the same way as in Brawl(4x10 with random)

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
We already disproved this on a ZU thread:
1-There's a white space at the right of the Roster
2-Chrom's japanese name is Krom
3-"Ice Climbers" in japanese has always been "Ice Climber"
4-Isn't it weird that there's one Newcomer yet to be revealed?
5-Ganodorf's and Jiggs' icons
6-Same number as Brawl, could easily be a mod skin for it, there's also the fact that the franchise are horizontally making it be displayed the same way as in Brawl(4x10 with random)
Also DK is Donkey, Diddy kong is diddy and pikmin & olimar is just olimar, we can also assume it'll just be rosalina/rosetta

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also DK is Donkey, Diddy kong is diddy and pikmin & olimar is just olimar, we can also assume it'll just be rosalina/rosetta
Whoops, forgot about that, but it could easily be writen "FAKE" in the whole white thing on the right

Commando

Smash Rookie
Sorry, I didn't see it until today and I couldn't find anyone saying whether or not it was real :/ But I still believe that Sakurai will reveal most, if not all, of the roster by E3.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Hope that
Sorry, I didn't see it until today and I couldn't find anyone saying whether or not it was real :/ But I still believe that Sakurai will reveal most, if not all, of the roster by E3.
Well all the starters until he says otherwise.

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
I think Sakurai already revealed a lot of Unlockable characters, Like Luigi, Toon Link, May Rosalina and at least one of the pokemon, is Very Unlikely that they are roster since the start.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

I still don't understand this. The moment the blast looked like water it was all but over, and his head didn't look like Mewtwo's at all. Sounds like more grasping at straws this.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
I still don't understand this. The moment the blast looked like water it was all but over, and his head didn't look like Mewtwo's at all. Sounds like more grasping at straws this.
The difference between those fingers is really big.

Fuqua

Smash Apprentice
Do we know yet if Nintendo is going to have a direct at e3 like last year or if their gonna have a proper presentation?

D

Deleted member

Do we know yet if Nintendo is going to have a direct at e3 like last year or if their gonna have a proper presentation?
Nothing confirmed yet, but I really hope they make a proper presentation, especially for all the reactions from the annoucements and of course, of the Newcomers

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Nothing confirmed yet, but I really hope they make a proper presentation, especially for all the reactions from the annoucements and of course, of the Newcomers
Remember that reaction from twilight princess and the melee reveals, I really wanna see that again

domriver

Smash Lord
Along with some veterans and a couple of newcomer surprises revealed. I would like to see a new Metroid, a Re-make of Super Mario RPG legend of the Seven Stars or a new sequel whichever. Star Fox, F-Zero. Any of those would be nice. :)

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Just a quick note - I don't know how much anyone has thought about this but can you imagine how amazing it would be if Sakurai announces that all of the characters we've seen thus far are just starters? Sure we've discussed if that's a possibility or not, but we haven't discussed the fact that it could be the single greatest news we'd ever get until launch and that we'd be so, so hyped.

Going off of that, I think we'll get maybe three more characters at E3 and then Sakurai announces that everyone thus far is a starter and that we'll find out who the unlockables are right before this comes out in the summer.

Would be an amazing announcement and I think it's rather likely.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Since the 3DS version is releasing this summer, I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai does reveal the whole character roster, or at least most of it. Maybe everyone on here?

http://www.latintimes.com/super-sma...ull-character-roster-see-who-made-list-167270

If the roster turns out to be that small I'll be extremely disappointed. I would hope that's fake. :/

On-topic: I'd bet the other veterans and one or two newcomers will be revealed. Maybe K. Rool or Dixie if either one is in, maybe Chrom. Possibly a third party, like Pac Man ... or maybe Geno? :troll:

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Return of the Captain. WITH A VENGANCE.

Also, I brought new ideas!

LIKELY
-New Info on Hyrule Warriors, Yarn Yoshi, and FE X SMT
- A few jokes courtesy of Reggie
-Something from Square Enix, Itadaki Street U/3D perhaps
-Sonic Boom news, and possibly confirmation of the Chaotix, Metal Sonic, and/or Shadow as side characters
-Bayonetta 2 release Date
-Retro's new project
-Miyamoto's new IP (and quite possibly the last one he will work on pre-retirement)
-Smash news, comprising of:
-- Several character reveals
-- 3DS release date/month
-- Wii U release window more specified
-- Wii U exclusive modes and features
-- Elaboration on Inter-platform connectivity and custom moves

SOMEWHAT LIKELY BUT I WANT TO HAPPEN
- More Smash news:
-- Wii U exclusive aesthetic features like more extra costumes, and maybe even character specific victory themes
-- More stage bosses revealed
-- I WANT TO KNOW WHAT RIDLEY IS ALREADY. Sorry Sakurai, but as much of a bum as I am, I realize the trolling you've put those poor fans through is quite frustrating
- Also, new F-Zero or Starfox

NOT LIKELY BUT I WANT:
-New Project Diva, this time multiplatform
- Mainstream multiplatform Modern Sonic game
- A franchise revival from Nintendo
- A console Pokemon spinoff
- New Sonic and Sega game (fighting game!?)
- Dragon Quest Wii U game

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Return of the Captain. WITH A VENGANCE.

Also, I brought new ideas!

LIKELY
-New Info on Hyrule Warriors, Yarn Yoshi, and FE X SMT
- A few jokes courtesy of Reggie
-Something from Square Enix, Itadaki Street U/3D perhaps
-Sonic Boom news, and possibly confirmation of the Chaotix, Metal Sonic, and/or Shadow as side characters
-Bayonetta 2 release Date
-Retro's new project
-Miyamoto's new IP (and quite possibly the last one he will work on pre-retirement)
-Smash news, comprising of:
-- Several character reveals
-- 3DS release date/month
-- Wii U release window more specified
-- Wii U exclusive modes and features
-- Elaboration on Inter-platform connectivity and custom moves

SOMEWHAT LIKELY BUT I WANT TO HAPPEN
- More Smash news:
-- Wii U exclusive aesthetic features like more extra costumes, and maybe even character specific victory themes
-- More stage bosses revealed
-- I WANT TO KNOW WHAT RIDLEY IS ALREADY. Sorry Sakurai, but as much of a bum as I am, I realize the trolling you've put those poor fans through is quite frustrating
- Also, new F-Zero or Starfox

NOT LIKELY BUT I WANT:
-New Project Diva, this time multiplatform
- Mainstream multiplatform Modern Sonic game
- A franchise revival from Nintendo
- A console Pokemon spinoff
- New Sonic and Sega game (fighting game!?)
- Dragon Quest Wii U game
I don't think they'd reveal a new sonic game with boom on the way, they're gonna wait till that releases first

So here are a few things I'd like to see:
1. Zelda Wii U and details (preferably a TP sequel)
2. Something Metroid related either Wii U FPS by Retro or 3DS 2D made by WayForward
3. Pokemon Wii U spin-off (preferably RPG like Colosseum or XD)
4. Star Fox Wii U
5. F-Zero Wii U
6. More Bayonetta 2 details
7. More Sonic Boom details including the 3DS version
8. Something Mario related (preferably Paper mario and/or mario party)
9. More info on unreleased games revealed in 2013 (Hyrule warriors, SMTxFE, Yarn Yoshi etc)
10. A **** ton of smash news including
- A few Newcomers and veterans (preferably Palutena, Dixie Kong, Isaac, Ike, Ganondorf and wolf)
- Wii U exclusive mode
- Story mode for both versions
- How the wii u and 3DS versions connect
- More gameplay details
- More items, assists and stages
- 3DS Release date and Wii U release month

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well pac-mans chances of being revealed at E3 got some support because I'm blown away remember pac-man ghostly adventures for the wii u and 3ds ...well less than a year and they already announced a sequel to that

Top Bottom