• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
D

Deleted member

all Up-B's stay the same.
We already know this is far from true, we saw Mario with a custom Up-B in the direct.
Let's not even go over some of the other things that are likely untrue, such as Pokemon Trainer being able to capture pokeball Pokemon (thus making him useless if items are off) and Global Smash power being linked to online, even though it's for single player.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Lol, yeah, it seems like this thread really is a deadly gauntlet for leaks. Those that get to the end alive are privileged.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Hey Capn, I was wondering, you made the best CSS leak and all, so what are your personal artistic thoughts on this Best Buy demo leak? Perhaps you could offer some insight to it that Hex cannot.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Hey Capn, I was wondering, you made the best CSS leak and all, so what are your personal artistic thoughts on this Best Buy demo leak? Perhaps you could offer some insight to it that Hex cannot.
The what leak? I thought the CSS hoax was a leak for the demo.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
That is seriously a Photopshop job reusing assets from the CSS leak with a heavy heaping of motion blur on top.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Would identifying the type of screen that it's on matter? I noticed that little green light beneath the screen. Prolly not.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Well, it could be a computer monitor of course. However, I've seen TVs with similar light layout as well. If there was a way to prove its a monitor that'd be an avenue we could take. However something tells me Hex already tried analyzing the monitor as well as the set up around it.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
That is seriously a Photopshop job reusing assets from the CSS leak with a heavy heaping of motion blur on top.
To be fair, any faked CSS AND the real CSS are going to have shared elements. The only things that are shared verbatim are the things that are obvious, like the characters and the menu title area at the top. The rest is all slightly different.

Well, it could be a computer monitor of course. However, I've seen TVs with similar light layout as well. If there was a way to prove its a monitor that'd be an avenue we could take. However something tells me Hex already tried analyzing the monitor as well as the set up around it.
Actually, I hadn't. But thanks for the suggestion.

I've played with the levels to see if we can see what's in all that blackness, and lo and behold, we can:

Looks more like a television to me based on how the cords emerge from the side of the screen.

Last edited:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Lol, was there, like, a commercial with McDonald's new happy meal mascot and Mario? I know they're doing Mario toys right now.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Guys I think I found something substantial

I know it may be hard to believe, but think of what we know.

The main reason people believe the Sal leak is because he predicted Wii Fit, who no one else did, right?

Well this guy hinted at Wii fit even before Sal, and has it completely documented.

check it out

Not only is it a prediction of Wii Fit, but even mimics her reveal video.

And this was back in 2008, probably before Sakurai had even started working on the game.

This is more than just a leak. This is psychic activity, legitimate premontions. We have to contact this man and ask him what he knows.

What's our next course of action guys?

CapnMuffin

Smash Apprentice
As far as artistic approach... it's a little plain. Doesn't seem to "pop" like the confirmed menus do with vibrant colors against stark blacks. The other confirmed menus tend to use frames with two opposing beveled edges instead of strictly squared. If I were to make Leak 2.0 I would do that with the frames. I'd expect the background to at least have a gradient. The tabs indicating menu "depth" seem too orange still instead of red, but that could be an artifact of the blurring. The My Music menu also had a U-Turn arrow instead of that icon. *shrug*

Last edited:

Themagnificentmoldy

Smash Apprentice
Guys I think I found something substantial

I know it may be hard to believe, but think of what we know.

The main reason people believe the Sal leak is because he predicted Wii Fit, who no one else did, right?

Well this guy hinted at Wii fit even before Sal, and has it completely documented.

check it out

Not only is it a prediction of Wii Fit, but even mimics her reveal video.

And this was back in 2008, probably before Sakurai had even started working on the game.

This is more than just a leak. This is psychic activity, legitimate premontions. We have to contact this man and ask him what he knows.

What's our next course of action guys?
We hunt this person down and hail them as our new messiah. They will tell us all. Smash bros 2050 confirmed.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
He probably knows the entire roster already
There is an alternate universe where Wario and Waluigi ends with him receiving an invitation letter instead of an AT base.

And he joins the likes of 3 times veteran Ridley while delusional Samus fans wait patiently.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I just imagined a guy strapped to a chair, screaming "GOKU!"
We've already confirmed that you're feeding us false intel. That's gonna cost another finger. Skin first.

There is an alternate universe where Wario and Waluigi ends with him receiving an invitation letter instead of an AT base.

And he joins the likes of 3 times veteran Ridley while delusional Samus fans wait patiently.
I swear I saw a morph ball in the clouds. Why would Sakurai make Samus a stage hazard when her ship is the stage? the fact her name isn't mentioned anywhere is proof she's in.

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
As far as artistic approach... it's a little plain. Doesn't seem to "pop" like the confirmed menus do with vibrant colors against stark blacks. The other confirmed menus tend to use frames with two opposing beveled edges instead of strictly squared. If I were to make Leak 2.0 I would do that with the frames. I'd expect the background to at least have a gradient. The tabs indicating menu "depth" seem too orange still instead of red, but that could be an artifact of the blurring. The My Music menu also had a U-Turn arrow instead of that icon. *shrug*
Capn I just wanted to say that you are my hero, my star.

I freaking loved you in that movie "CapnMuffin makes 3 boards go apeshnitz with a fake leak"

I even kept the pictures and the link to your coming out on Gamefaqs.

It's good that you did this, you know, because I kind of feel like you made people realize how stupid of a concept leaks were and how they had to be vigilant. Any of them could be fake as far as we know, even the Palutena one.

CapnMuffin

Smash Apprentice
Capn I just wanted to say that you are my hero, my star.

I freaking loved you in that movie "CapnMuffin makes 3 boards go apeshnitz with a fake leak"

I even kept the pictures and the link to your coming out on Gamefaqs.

It's good that you did this, you know, because I kind of feel like you made people realize how stupid of a concept leaks were and how they had to be vigilant. Any of them could be fake as far as we know, even the Palutena one.
Thanks! That means a lot. You might also enjoy the follow up novel "Rosalina's Bedtime Story" "CapnMuffin Finally Convinces Dude it's Fake"
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69313885/785048385
Coming soon as e-book and audiobook!

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
Thanks! That means a lot. You might also enjoy the follow up novel "Rosalina's Bedtime Story" "CapnMuffin Finally Convinces Dude it's Fake"
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69313885/785048385
Coming soon as e-book and audiobook!
I was so surprised on your first topic when I saw everyone defending the CSS. You could really tell these guys wanted the leak to be true, even after you literally posted a non-blurry version of the CSS, WITH the whole Ridley model.

Anyways, only leak we should all believe in is the Reggie one.
What? Oh no, I know it's debunked. But if we all believe, and sing Reggie's name in harmony everyday, it will happen. Kind of like Slenderman but in a good way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom