• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
Have BestBuys even recieved the demos yet?
I went to the one in Montreal and the guy told me the usual Nintendo rep would be coming with a team to install an encased Wii U with the demo on it soon. Kind of a good way to make impossible to steal. I say we should go in there an just steal it anyways. I have a mini-van, you guys just have to bring guns and clown masks.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I went to the one in Montreal and the guy told me the usual Nintendo rep would be coming with a team to install an encased Wii U with the demo on it soon. Kind of a good way to make impossible to steal. I say we should go in there an just steal it anyways. I have a mini-van, you guys just have to bring guns and clown masks.
I'll bring the guns. I've got some really convincing movie prop ones.

Themagnificentmoldy

Smash Apprentice
Replace clown masks with replicas of the majora's mask, and I'm in.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
It's time.

Wombatz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Heroicwombat
Looks like we've got a game plan
*grabs replica Master sword and Hylian shield off wall*

Chauzu

Smash Ace
All I see is a picture of Tails on a 3DS screen.

Only other thing that comes to mind is that its hands looks weird.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
So Mario Kart 8 DLC is a thing. Seems even more likely that Smash will get it now, especially as fighting game DLC is all the rage.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Even if its real all that could mean is Tails is part of a Sonic stage again.

polonight

Smash Journeyman
Even if its real all that could mean is Tails is part of a Sonic stage again.
Black outline. If its real then it cannot be part of the stage or an assist trophy since it does have a black outline.

Also the clouds match the spirit tracks clouds so its probably not from a new sonic stage.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I Think this is the fourth time I've seen a fake Tails image for the 3DS version. :/

Also, that 'leak' isn't really related to this thread, as it's not E3 stuff. I Think.

Tenchi Boom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TenchiBoom
Tails' mouth seems too off. And as far as I've seen, Tails doesnt always have a "side mouth" like Sonic. His is usually placed in the middle of his face. Most of the time.

Shagadelic_Baby

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5112-4301-7728
Last edited:

Neo Zero

Well, let's think about this. First off, I remember someone pointed out earlier in this thread concerning the Best Buy demo, if my theory of 5x10 is correct, they organized the columns the simplest way.

Mario/DK/Link/Samus/Kirby/Fox/Marth/Sonic/Pikachu/Pit

Now if this is correct, this means that Sonic's column would naturally have 5 slots. If that were true, even if Snake came back and Pac-Man made it in, that would leave 1 slot remaining. Tails, being a 3rd party, could naturally fit into this under Sonic. Now let's take a look at our close up Twin Tailed Fox and our close up Fastest thing alive

First off, I must say the detail they put into Tail's is quite good. The outlines are all where they need to be. The hand where it is "inside his foot" area has no outline, only the area around it. However, the hands of tails are much more shaded around the wrists. For the rest of the outline, as far as I can visually tell, it's the same as Sonic, the outline only covers the edges of his body, and nothing inside, such as the hand example I mentioned. What about the shoes?

The shading around the soles of Tails seems a bit different, however that could be attributed to outline thickness.

My final conclusion? Hex do your magic, this as good as I can do x.x

EDIT: As pointed out, the mouth is off from what Tails usually features. However his smile does appear to be larger than Sonic, part of the detail could be hard to make out due to the angle.

Last edited:

polonight

Smash Journeyman
Well, let's think about this. First off, I remember someone pointed out earlier in this thread concerning the Best Buy demo, if my theory of 5x10 is correct, they organized the rows the simplest way.

Now if this is correct, this means that Sonic's column would naturally have 5 slots. If that were true, even if Snake came back and Pac-Man made it in, that would leave 1 slot remaining. Tails, being a 3rd party, could naturally fit into this under Sonic. Now let's take a look at our close up Twin Tailed Fox and our close up Fastest thing alive

First off, I must say the detail they put into Tail's is quite good. The outlines are all where they need to be. The hand where it is "inside his foot" area has no outline, only the area around it. However, the hands of tails are much more shaded around the wrists. For the rest of the outline, as far as I can visually tell, it's the same as Sonic, the outline only covers the edges of his body, and nothing inside, such as the hand example I mentioned. What about the shoes?

The shading around the soles of Tails seems a bit different, however that could be attributed to outline thickness.

And thus my dreams of a SEGA rep from another franchise are on the brink of being ruined

Last edited:

Shagadelic_Baby

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5112-4301-7728
Well, let's think about this. First off, I remember someone pointed out earlier in this thread concerning the Best Buy demo, if my theory of 5x10 is correct, they organized the rows the simplest way.

EDIT: As pointed out, the mouth is off from what Tails usually features. However his smile does appear to be larger than Sonic, part of the detail could be hard to make out due to the angle.
Well, his shoes may have darker outlines because he's flying in the air.

Neo Zero

And thus my dreams of a SEGA rep from another franchise are on the brink of being ruined
Oh relax polo, I'm sure it's fake. But like I do in this thread, I try to look at every case objectively, instead of just screaming fake like some people. If I were you, find every pic of Spirit Tracks and try to see if that specific background sequence was in another picture.

polonight

Smash Journeyman
Oh relax polo, I'm sure it's fake. But like I do in this thread, I try to look at every case objectively, instead of just screaming fake like some people. If I were you, find every pic of Spirit Tracks and try to see if that specific background sequence was in another picture.
I checked smashbros-miiverse, though the clouds match there are no screens of just the sky. Im just checking all the maps to make sure none have the same clouds.

EDIT: Defiantly Spirit Tracks and no matching screens. :S

Too low res to be clouds from a Wii U stage.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm sorry, but the fact that its Tails automatically makes it fake in my book.

No Third Party should and almost certainly WON'T get another rep. If we do get 5x10, then the top row will almost certainly be the following.

Mario > DK > Link > Samus > Kirby > Pikachu > Someone (Olimar?) > Someone (Marth) > Mr Game & Watch or Sonic.

This is a Nintendo cross over so they aren't going to put the third party lineup right between the Nintendo characters, let alone make someone who isn't notable at all in gaming history like Tails playable.

Shagadelic_Baby

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5112-4301-7728
You weren't there. When we desparately searched for a leak in the last leaks thread. You weren't there during the time of the
Who even remembers it?
I hadn't joined yet, but I went to that Leak and Rumor thread every week or so, I remember when everyone was scrambling around that day for that one none-existent leak.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
^ Damn you. I would have gotten my Copy yesturday, but things happend, and I can't pick it up until tomorrow...

But at least I will get the Exclusive, Blue Shell Figurine. :3

Speaking of MK, I hope there's some Cup DLC announced at E3.

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
Best Buy Heist Expectation:
Crew members. Mr.L- brains of the group, The Green Thunder. Ms.Mowz- treasure hunter, also has the ability to Kiss Theif? Shy Guy- he may look weak but don't underestimate him. Bandit- well.. He's a bandit...... Nabbit- item hoarder. Sakurai- Yes he's still alive. Together they are the Best Buy Smash Crashers!

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
If the Tails leak somehow ends up being true, I'd be down with that. It'd be a hell of a lot better than Mii. That said the leak is probably fake, because all leaks are fake until proven otherwise.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Crew members. Mr.L- brains of the group, The Green Thunder. Ms.Mowz- treasure hunter, also has the ability to Kiss Theif? Shy Guy- he may look weak but don't underestimate him. Bandit- well.. He's a bandit...... Nabbit- item hoarder. Sakurai- Yes he's still alive. Together they are the Best Buy Smash Crashers!
I have a Mr.L costume!...that's...mine from 2nd grade...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom