• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
New leak discuss:
This is the Queen leak, a leak from a few pages back. Speaking of this though, I actually confronted her and asked some detailed questions in her thread (I reposted them back a couple of pages) Since then she has not been online since before I asked those questions. As such, I can only imagine our leaker can't think of a good answer and has thus decided not to use her alt account. But like I said, I'm keeping an eye on it, if she answers them, I'll report it asap.

Wombatz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Heroicwombat
I am pretty sure that the tails leak is fake... I hate to debunk leaks just by their likeliness due to sakurai being oh so unpredictable, but there is not gonna be very many third party characters in this game... So the chances of the Sonic franchise getting two are very VERY slim. I believe we will have megaman sonic and pacman... And i shall always have hope that someday Rayman will join the battle, but his chances are slim as well.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
That Tails leak from earlier. I don't think the leak itself is real, but I think the message it's conveying is. After all, back during the Smash Bros direct, we had the bar at the bottom with all those character portraits, and Pikachu's ears overlapped their border. We all know how that worked out. Now we have the background of the Best Buy Smash Event (on the website) and Sonic's foot overlaps his border. (So does Kirby's, but that's not what I'm talking about here.) Not only that, but back on the bar shown on the Smash Direct page, not only did Sonic's foot not overlap its border, but he was positioned in a way where it wouldn't overlap anyway.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT! (Maybe I'm just a big conspiracy theorist, though. Also, I have no visual aid, because mobile.)

Neo Zero

You can't debunk leaks simply because it doesn't seem very Sakuraish. I will say in Tails defense, Sonic would be the most likely 3rd party to get two characters first. I'm interested to see what our friend Hex has to say on it though, as I'm sure any major issues he could point out easily

That Tails leak from earlier. I don't think the leak itself is real, but I think the message it's conveying is. After all, back during the Smash Bros direct, we had the bar at the bottom with all those character portraits, and Pikachu's ears overlapped their border. We all know how that worked out. Now we have the background of the Best Buy Smash Event (on the website) and Sonic's foot overlaps his border. (So does Kirby's, but that's not what I'm talking about here.) Not only that, but back on the bar shown on the Smash Direct page, not only did Sonic's foot not overlap its border, but he was positioned in a way where it wouldn't overlap anyway.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT! (Maybe I'm just a big conspiracy theorist, though. Also, I have no visual aid, because mobile.)
Uhh...could you run that by me again?

Last edited:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
on the direct page where they showed the ssb direct at the bottom of the screen was a row of characters where pikachus ears went out of his box and overlapped other characters, then in the direct itself they revealed 2 pokemon

on the facebook page for smash theres a similar row with sonics shoe and kirbys food sticking out, making people believe they will be revealing a new sonic and a new kirby character

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
on the direct page where they showed the ssb direct at the bottom of the screen was a row of characters where pikachus ears went out of his box and overlapped other characters, then in the direct itself they revealed 2 pokemon

on the facebook page for smash theres a similar row with sonics shoe and kirbys food sticking out, making people believe they will be revealing a new sonic and a new kirby character
Basically what they said. I would've had visual aid, but mobile wasn't having it.

Neo Zero

I'm sorry to ask, but could you post an image of this? I must say though, this seems very very superstitious.

Neo Zero

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Thank you BandanaDee, have I ever said how much I like you :p

So if this superstition thinking is correct, we'd see a Kirby character, a Sonic character, and another Pokemon character at E3, is that right? I must say, it would be very farfetched. When exactly was this Facebook banner put up by the way?
Bandana dee support is best support!
and i believe according to facebook, may 23rd
edit: greninja'd

Last edited:

Wombatz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Heroicwombat
Thank you BandanaDee, have I ever said how much I like you :p

So if this superstition thinking is correct, we'd see a Kirby character, a Sonic character, and another Pokemon character at E3, is that right? I must say, it would be very farfetched. When exactly was this Facebook banner put up by the way?
That is really odd how pikachus ears stuck out... but kirby and sonic are not games i was expecting newcomers from

D

Deleted member

>Leak that contains second character from a 3rd party franchise
Are people even trying anymore?

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
That is really odd how pikachus ears stuck out... but kirby and sonic are not games i was expecting newcomers from
Really kirby has a good chance, mario had like 6 or so right now, mario luigi peach bowser rosalina yoshi, possibly 7 if wario gets back in
and since sakurai made kirby and seems to be a big fan of it himself it has a pretty good chance of getting a 4th
coughcoughbandanadeecough

Tenchi Boom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TenchiBoom
If this banner theory is true, then the easy guesses are Meta Knight, Tails, and Mewtwo. I'm secretly hoping its Sonic Boom Knuckles, being rougher than the rest of them, the best of them, tougher than leather.

DAMMIT HYPE

Neo Zero

>Leak that contains second character from a 3rd party franchise
Are people even trying anymore?
Your point? I'm certainly not going to defend a possible fake image using the logic of superstition but to write it off because he isn't Nintendo and from Sega is absurd logic. There are no patterns, there are no rules, all that matters is what Sakurai feels is best. As I said, and I don't think this can be argued, if one third party franchise could get a 2nd rep, it would be Sonic. Plus, Tails actually makes the most logical sense. He's the only Sonic character who is often used and a focal point to the story since Unleashed, outside of Dr Eggman. I can certainly see the logic of adding Tails to the game.

Like I said, I don't believe this leak yet, and basing it on a banner is nonsensical but there is nothing stopping Tails from being a Sm4sh newcomer. I think the more interesting thing would be how does that change the 49 character roster. If Sal is right, we'll be at 36 characters. 13 missing Brawl vets, sans Squirtle and Ivysaur. To include Tails would likely mean either an RPG column cut or a retro character cut, perhaps even a Spacie/Techno cut, as all 3 are places Shulk could go in. Well, that's moot speculation for now, after all, we still don't have conclusive proof one way or the other on the Best Buy demo, and this Tail image must be placed under greater scrutiny outside of "He's Sonic, he can't be in, they can't have two characters"

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Your point? I'm certainly not going to defend a possible fake image using the logic of superstition but to write it off because he isn't Nintendo and from Sega is absurd logic. There are no patterns, there are no rules, all that matters is what Sakurai feels is best. As I said, and I don't think this can be argued, if one third party franchise could get a 2nd rep, it would be Sonic. Plus, Tails actually makes the most logical sense. He's the only Sonic character who is often used and a focal point to the story since Unleashed, outside of Dr Eggman. I can certainly see the logic of adding Tails to the game.

Like I said, I don't believe this leak yet, and basing it on a banner is nonsensical but there is nothing stopping Tails from being a Sm4sh newcomer. I think the more interesting thing would be how does that change the 49 character roster. If Sal is right, we'll be at 36 characters. 13 missing Brawl vets, sans Squirtle and Ivysaur. To include Tails would likely mean either an RPG column cut or a retro character cut, perhaps even a Spacie/Techno cut, as all 3 are places Shulk could go in. Well, that's moot speculation for now, after all, we still don't have conclusive proof one way or the other on the Best Buy demo, and this Tail image must be placed under greater scrutiny outside of "He's Sonic, he can't be in, they can't have two characters"
Wait....another person on here that realizes there are no rules to this? God bless you.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
I called this on the "Possible Newcomers and Veterans reveals at E3." thread on Monday, and I ain't getting recognition for it!
"

This picture was posted on the official Super Smash Brothers Facebook page. Look at Pikachu, Kirby, and Sonic.
>Pikachu's ears overlap its border.

>Kirby's foot overlaps his border.

>Sonic's foot overlap's his border.

Two Pokemon, a Kirby rep, and third-party rep confirmed for E3."

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
I called this on the "Possible Newcomers and Veterans reveals at E3." thread on Monday, and I ain't getting recognition for it!
"

This picture was posted on the official Super Smash Brothers Facebook page. Look at Pikachu, Kirby, and Sonic.

?

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589

Tails to be revealed at Best Buy.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489

As for Sonic's foot, that could just mean that we are getting another third-party rep in general (check my post somewhere above). Perhaps Snake is returning because Kojima and Sakurai are best of friends, and fans want him back? Or, it could mean that Pac-Man will be announced.

D

Deleted member

"

Makes sense to me, although it would be interesting if the Sonic part actually meant another Sonic rep. I'm still voting for Tails as I think he has more moveset potential than Knuckles or Shadow.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
"

How long ago? I pointed this out (with more info) in the Straw Graspin' thread.

BTW pikachu's ears (2) were poking out already when charizard and greninja were revealed

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure lots of people noticed it and pointed it out at one point or another <w> it doesnt really matter who "found" it, what matters is that it's something and that we can speculate about it for a bit♫

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
"

I just don't see why people think there are hidden clues to newcomer reveals. There is no Illuminati, the world is normal. This means nothing.
Why two Pokemon? Because both of Pikachu's ears out? It would look stupid to only do it to one of them.

I'll gladly eat my words if you end up being right; I just don't see this as some game where the newcomers/reveals are covertly hinted at.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
So we will see a mix of 2 out of Ivysaur, Squirtle, Mewtwo, and Jiggs. Because all of them will be somewhat edited I guess. That's if this idea is true.

And maybe not a new Sonic character, but a third party.

Last edited:

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
How long ago? I pointed this out (with more info) in the Straw Graspin' thread.

BTW pikachu's ears (2) were poking out already when charizard and greninja were revealed
I did on May 26, 2014. But I think you did point it out.
And about the ears, I know they showed it before the Smash direct, but it's the fact that they have it on the new banner yet again. I think this hints at something big.
I'm pretty sure lots of people noticed it and pointed it out at one point or another <w> it doesnt really matter who "found" it, what matters is that it's something and that we can speculate about it for a bit♫
I see what your saying!:p

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
This got me excited lol. Doesn't have to be Tails specifically, but imagine a brand new character reveal at the Best Buy demo.
Yeah, that would be pretty cool. It does start the day after E3, though, so it probably won't happen.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, I'm not so sure why everyone is soo excited? Remember, even if this IS true, it doesn't mean newcomers. Pikachu could very well mean Mewtwo and Jigglypuff, which, I find quite odd to be honest since Jigglypuff is always that 'hidden' character... And Kirby is most likely a tweaked Meta-Knight. If Yoshi got revealed in a Direct due to a new posture, I have no doubts MK will be shown at E3 to see his changes*nerfs*.

Sonic doesn't mean a 2nd Sonic rep either. Could very well just mean the very expected Pac-Man.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Honestly, I'm not so sure why everyone is soo excited? Remember, even if this IS true, it doesn't mean newcomers. Pikachu could very well mean Mewtwo and Jigglypuff, which, I find quite odd to be honest since Jigglypuff is always that 'hidden' character... And Kirby is most likely a tweaked Meta-Knight. If Yoshi got revealed in a Direct due to a new posture, I have no doubts MK will be shown at E3 to see his changes*nerfs*.

Sonic doesn't mean a 2nd Sonic rep either. Could very well just mean the very expected Pac-Man.
That just means new series newcomers. Even better.

Shagadelic_Baby

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5112-4301-7728

Well with that Tails leak from earlier that no one debunked, it could very well mean Tails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom