• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
Glee Club was the name of the mini game they were in, not their names specifically. Chorus Men is more of a general name for them. I believe it's similar to "Pokemon from X and Y" or "Animal Crossing Guy" in that regard. For all we know, and most people are assuming this, it could be a trio of characters working together at all times. Or, as I see it, it could be just one of them. To take the leak for its exact words when it's been slightly vague beforehand would be a bad move.
Nope. Chorus Men is the Japanese name of the mini game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWUML0lvSFk

As for Chrom, his name never had an official romanization in the Japanese version as far as I know. I doubt the leaker would have him listed as "kuromu" and more than he'd call Shulk "shuruku".

Last edited:

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice
It may be just me, but for this supposed leak, doesn't the hand that you use to pick your character look suspiciously like the one in Brawl?

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I can't see Pika not first though. He's too iconic. That'd be like Ike or Lucas being before Marth and Ness on the CSS.
I agree. I just think its the most logical answer to "what if pikachu isnt first". Technically, pikachu wasnt first in melee, pichu was.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
It may be just me, but for this supposed leak, doesn't the hand that you use to pick your character look suspiciously like the one in Brawl?
Too blurry to tell if the font is different. I suspect the hand will be similar in the real thing, anyways. Hands can only look so different. =P

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The only leak/rumor I'm interested in E3 so far is if we're going to get the full roster or not.

I really hope we do because I'm tired of speculation on this one. This one's speculation train has been more infuriating than fun.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The only leak/rumor I'm interested in E3 so far is if we're going to get the full roster or not.

I really hope we do because I'm tired of speculation on this one. This one's speculation train has been more infuriating than fun.
I couldn't agree more with you. Sakurai's teasing towards certain characters on whether they're in or not has drained me of my hype.

But it wouldn't surprise me if we did get the entire roster at E3. It's already happened with Mario Kart 8 in its Direct, didn't it?

Last edited:

Shadow Ganon

Smash Cadet

Have the full rosters ever been officially revealed before a Smash game's release? I can't seem to remember what went down when it came to the full roster when Brawl was coming out.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Have the full rosters ever been officially revealed before a Smash game's release? I can't seem to remember what went down when it came to the full roster when Brawl was coming out.
For Brawl all of the starters were shown off before release, + Snake and Sonic, and Marth and Ness were quickly shown in the opening video which Sakurai posted on the Dojo. Other than those, no unlockables were shown officially on the Dojo (or otherwise) until after the Japanese release where they were shown as question marks on the Dojo and you could click to reveal them if you wanted to.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Agreed. As frantic and stupid the Brawl speculation was looking back on it, at least it wasn't as stressful, at least not until the very end, besides that it was mostly just hyping the game up way too much, which can be fun despite the inevitable dissapointment. This time there have been clear sides being taken by fans, it's been evident that there have been a lot more people with the intent on causing controversy and drama and nothing more. Sakurai's teasing sure didn't help either, especially when it doesn't have a pay-off as in Ridley's case. Things like these has also really affected my hype for the game, I'm still not close to as hyped for this as I was for Brawl.

Just give me the whole roster so I can move on please. Would be a smart move too, considering the roster will leak 1-1½ month after E3 anyways with the 3DS version's release, they might aswell take advantage of what they've got and use every character to hype up the games officially, I'm sure that'd also create for enough Pic of the Day material until release. I'm not expecting it though, but it'd be really welcome.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
God yes. Last time it was only the fans that would do things that made me want to shake them like a bad Nanny.

This time there have been times where Sakurai himself has been straight up trolling towards fans of characters.

Ridley still hangs on by a thread to this point. All the pics of Pyrosphere without him, then his shadow on it, and pictures still without him present as a stage hazard/boss.

Waluigi had the frankly sort of mean spirited ''Just because you try doesn't mean you'll make it comment" in his deconfirm.

Then the Toad fans had that random tacked on question mark and the whole ''Peach's moves may be updated as the game goes along" in the update for 3D World that keeps giving them hope he'll make it in past Rosie.

The direct was filled with this type of stuff too. From the Palutena trophy, to ''JUST KIDDING!" on Zamus and Sheik.

Quite frankly Sakurai's been a bit of a **** this time around.

Wombatz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Heroicwombat
God yes. Last time it was only the fans that would do things that made me want to shake them like a bad Nanny.

This time there have been times where Sakurai himself has been straight up trolling towards fans of characters.

Ridley still hangs on by a thread to this point. All the pics of Pyrosphere without him, then his shadow on it, and pictures still without him present as a stage hazard/boss.

Waluigi had the frankly sort of mean spirited ''Just because you try doesn't mean you'll make it comment" in his deconfirm.

Then the Toad fans had that random tacked on question mark and the whole ''Peach's moves may be updated as the game goes along" in the update for 3D World that keeps giving them hope he'll make it in past Rosie.

The direct was filled with this type of stuff too. From the Palutena trophy, to ''JUST KIDDING!" on Zamus and Sheik.

so tell me, how is Planet Buttfart

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Man... I feel like given how many people come to these boards, somebody has to work at Best Buy who could (at the risk of getting in trouble) confirm whether or not they've already received shipments of the demo. =P

Luigi#1

Smash Champion

1. That's like saying any pic with Luigi is trolling because Waluigi's an assist.
2. I still have no idea how that comment is considered rude. Really, it's basically "Don't expect all these highly requested characters, warning you."
3. What if it's true?
4. Palutena and ZSS thing was just "Haha, don't worry, they are in/still have a chance." How is that bad?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Just got back. I personally don't believe the new CSS leak. See, the demos are taking place the day after Nintendo's live stream, tournament, etc... The chances of us getting a new character are high. Even 2 or 3 new ones. This leak plays it safe which makes sense. But let's say Ridley is announced that Tuesday, "Oh yeah can't wait to play him tomorrow at Best Buy!!!"

*Gets to Best Buy*

"Aww Man, No Ridley? I just got all hyped for him! Now I have to play as characters I've known about for a year..."

Also, the points people come up with to debunk the Sal leak are sad. "Animal Crossing guy could have been anyone he is just playing it safe." I you don't believe a leak just because you don't like the contents of it, then don't bother discussing it anyway.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Man... I feel like given how many people come to these boards, somebody has to work at Best Buy who could (at the risk of getting in trouble) confirm whether or not they've already received shipments of the demo. =P
I got a buddy who works there. Sadly, his store isn't doing a demo. I'll call him and ask whether any of his "best buy buddies" from another store can confirm? Give me a minute.

Crap sorry for the double post.

Last edited:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I always assumed the comment regarding Waluigi was directed at Waluigi himself. Like, it was Waluigi who was trying really hard, but didn't get in.

I never interpreted it as Sakurai saying "Sorry, waluigi fans, no matter how hard you try, you won't always get your character in"

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I got a buddy who works there. Sadly, his store isn't doing a demo. I'll call him and ask whether any of his "best buy buddies" from another store can confirm? Give me a minute.

Crap sorry for the double post.
Best Buy is hiring and hosting Smashfest in my town...

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Just got back. I personally don't believe the new CSS leak. See, the demos are taking place the day after Nintendo's live stream, tournament, etc... The chances of us getting a new character are high. Even 2 or 3 new ones. This leak plays it safe which makes sense. But let's say Ridley is announced that Tuesday, "Oh yeah can't wait to play him tomorrow at Best Buy!!!"
I dunno, just because a character is revealed doesn't mean that character is ready to be in the hands of consumers. Usually when a character is revealed, there's a notable lack of polish on their model that is subsequently fixed weeks down the road, so that logic likely carries over to how they play or how they're balanced at the time of the reveal.

They could just be including only the characters that are polished to a shine for the demo.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I always assumed the comment regarding Waluigi was directed at Waluigi himself. Like, it was Waluigi who was trying really hard, but didn't get in.

I never interpreted it as Sakurai saying "Sorry, waluigi fans, no matter how hard you try, you won't always get your character in"
Interpretation goes ALONG way in the media industry. You might mean one thing, but someone else takes it another way. You can ruin almost anything with good intentions still. That's why PR agents make a **** ton of money.

It was an unnecessary comment altogether. As has been a lot of Sakurai's actions towards characters this time. They might've been good old fun for him, but he probably still should've have done things the way he did them this time.

Wombatz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Heroicwombat
Warning Received
r

1. Blurry pic
2. Shows TV that is being used to play unreleased game
3. Highly requested Character
This all checks out... RIDLEY CUNFRAMED

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I called him. This was the conversation.

Me: Hey Derreck what's up?

Derreck: *Blah blah blah*

Me: Derreck I was wondering if any of your best buys buddies from the store in *insert other local store with demo here* have gotten the Smash bros. demo yet.

Derreck: Connor. Do you really think there is a secret best buy workers union that just talks about Best Buy **** all day? I barely like anyone at my store let alone people from others.

Me: Bye Derreck

D

Deleted member

r

1. Blurry pic
2. Shows TV that is being used to play unreleased game
3. Highly requested Character
This all checks out... RIDLEY CUNFRAMED
YES! I mean, it's not like that Ridley is just pre-existing artwork put into screenshot. That would be ridiculous.:troll:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158

Me: Derreck I was wondering if any of your best buys buddies from the store in *insert other local store with demo here* have gotten the Smash bros. demo yet.

Derreck: Connor. Do you really think there is a secret best buy workers union that just talks about Best Buy **** all day? I barely like anyone at my store let alone people from others.

I just asked my friend who works at Best Buy via facebook.

Me: (Shorter version) Know anything about the Smash Bros Demo being at any nearby stores?
Chelsea: Demo? I'm not sure. One of my techs is freaking out about it.
(I'm guessing she just meant he's freaking out about Smash Bros in general)

Themagnificentmoldy

Smash Apprentice

I think we know what we need to do. Find Derreck, and question him about this secret union. Clearly it exists and he's hiding something.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Well, if that leak is true, we'll get to check the Final Smashes of Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Fox, Marth, Sonic, Pikachu, and Yoshi.

And also get to see what Mega Man's FS actually does.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Did I miss anything besides the good and proper css debunk?

I need to change my roster...

CapnMuffin

Smash Apprentice
Well, if that leak is true, we'll get to check the Final Smashes of Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Fox, Marth, Sonic, Pikachu, and Yoshi.

And also get to see what Mega Man's FS actually does.
Good point. Assuming the leak is true or accurate to some degree I'm hoping to see some new Final Smashes, including how Luigi's works.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So...how bout them leaks?
Here you go:
http://boards.deniableplausibility.net/v/thread/243581906/#243581906
-Meta Knight, Ice Climbers are playable at the tournament. No prior reveal.
-Direct will give official release date for 3DS version, Wii U version is delayed.
-Ridley stage hazard footage shown. Other M model.
-Pokemon Trainer returns. Move set centered around trainer items; can capture Pokeball Pokemon.
-New stage: Pokemon League. Wii U. Shown in previous footage.
-New stage: Art Academy. 3DS.
-New stage based off of Pac-Man.
-Global Smash Power calculation is based on wins, losses, KO's, falls, and how KO's are executed—includes things like Meteor Smashes and a window of damage at which an opponent is KO'd. Certain KO moves will earn more points than others.
-Internet connection issues mid-match will NOT constitute as a loss, manual resetting and quitting mid-match will.
-Monthly Online Tournaments announced.
-Every single character gets customization in move sets. Not every move has a double—all Up-B's stay the same. Only special moves can be customized.
-Wii U Adventure Mode discussed. Retitled 'Crusade Mode.' A lot like Melee's Adventure Mode, but includes stat-boosting mechanics from Smash Run. 10 stages every time; the first 9 are themes randomized from different series, the final stage is always the same. Final stage kept a secret.
-3DS Adventure Mode discussed. Retitled 'Arena Mode.' More focused on open-world exploring than linear stages. Involves finding bosses/fighters, similar to Smash Run's open stage aspect. Not all bosses are from the stages, though some are.
-Isaac, Tingle returning as Assist Trophies.
-Professor Kawashima Assist Trophy. 3DS exclusive.
-Pac-Man revealed. No other newcomers revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom