• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Also, particular capitalization means nothing, considering the ****ing Brawl Dojo said Olimar was "Pikmin and Olimar" in the English version of the game, and we only knew it was "Olimar" after the US game was released. If someone had posted that as a leak, people would've called the same bull**** on that prior to Brawl's release and been wrong.

Nothing's disproven yet, jets must be cooled. Besides that, "Wii Fit" not being capitalized just seems weird, since it doesn't fit with anything anywhere. That seems like:

A. A stupid thing for a fake photoshopper who seems pretty thorough to miss, considering other, much more fake leaks haven't left it out in the past.

B. A detail they might've looked at, and as a stylistic choice decided to make more uniform later in development.

Last edited:

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Hey man, I don't hate the roster or the leak. I just don't want to hype myself up in case it is false.

Dude, you are holding on to something that is so miniscule. At least say the reason is that it is to coincidental for Ridley not to be shown.
The smallest details can prove anything wrong. The only reason any of you believe it is because you like the leak.

In the Direct it was Wii FIT TRAINERS. Are you saying that direct is a fake, or that the Smash Bros site is a fake?
That was because the other trainer was showcased. Mario was lowercased in that montage as well so any spelling changes in that are completely irrelevant.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
In the Direct it was Wii FIT TRAINERS. Are you saying that direct is a fake, or that the Smash Bros site is a fake?
Actually. It only said "Wii Fit Trainers."

T-800

Smash Apprentice
At the bottom of the official Smash Page, where you can select the character page you want to visit, it's "Wii Fit Trainer."

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wrong, it's Wii Fit TRAINER. Look again.
What? No it doesn't, what are you looking at? The actual character page says that, but it's lowercase like everything else down at the bottom, which is what they were referring to.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's also "Wii Fit Trainer" in the announcements.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Wrong, it's Wii Fit TRAINER. Look again.
Fine we get your point, it could easily be a minor weird different thing that doesn't matter. However if it does come true and this leak is false, you earn the biggest invisible cookie okay?

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
All I can think about when I see people touting "Wii Fit TRAINER" being the death knell of the leak is how people were CERTAIN Greninja was fake because the font on his move screen was different from a previous screenshot.

By which I mean I am laughing my ass off at how far some people are reaching, claiming a minor point against the leak is absolutely definitive proof of its fakeness.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Let's stop talking about this and talk about the Color Palettes. Customizable Color Palettes would be very awesome in my opinion, being able to use any color you would ever need!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
All I can think about when I see people touting "Wii Fit TRAINER" being the death knell of the leak is how people were CERTAIN Greninja was fake because the font on his move screen was different from a previous screenshot.

By which I mean I am laughing my *** off at how far some people are reaching, claiming a minor point against the leak is absolutely definitive proof of its fakeness.
Everything is fake until proven beyond reasonable doubt. Like this and the Paleutena leak.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
The in-game character names in the direct also uses "Wii Fit TRAINER". "Wii" is a pretty consistent and particular style for the trademark I believe.

Attachments

Shroob

Sup?
I hope I'm not causing any hard feelings for DK fans, but I just don't see a 3rd DK rep probable. The fact that Retro disowned their own K.Rool Easter egg kinda makes me feel like the character is 'dead' for the time being.

I'd honestly rather have Lucas come back than a 3rd DK rep. I don't think ANY series should lose a character, and Mother losing one would just feel mean spirited frankly.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Bro....you gotta stop talking. We get your point....
An abridged version of GamerGuy09's posts

"There is no Ridley picture therefore I'm still leaning toward it being fake"
"Some one tell me why there is no Ridley picture"
"Come on, you really think there's a chance he could miss getting a Ridley picture"
"I know I've said this many times but there is no Ridley picture! Hmm I think this might not be real"

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
If Brawl's Roster was leaked like this today
Except for the all original artwork. Show me some of that and I will believe it. Until then it is up in the air. That Pac-Man pic was looking reused, but I couldn't see the whole thing so I will withhold judgement.

Also, I keep hearing about Ridley. Did one of these pics have Ridley in it?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The in-game character names in the direct also uses "Wii Fit TRAINER". "Wii" is a pretty consistent and particular style for the trademark I believe.
Well damn.

I suppose that is a strike against it.

Mabataki

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4167-4743-1372

I can live with this roster and be happy with the decisions of Sakurai.

.n_n.
Why is everyone cutting Lucas? quit that crap

What about Miis has anyone thought about how stupid it would be to have Miis unlockable? "Challenger approaching" you have to fight yourself in order to unlock. Well honestly id be prefectly fine with Miis being playable if there was a type of Mii battle mode where you can only use your Miis and fight other Miis and customize the moveset with some various attacks of the actual characters.

T-800

Smash Apprentice
So if all the characters are normal it's fine.

But if they're all in caps? It's not?
That's the only logical assumption to make. If they go with all caps, THEN this argument makes sense. But if they just go uppercase like this alleged leak did, then it's fine. Unless in that case they wanted to do WII FIT Trainer, but that just seems weird.

So basically this Wii Fit Trainer debacle only proved that it can't prove anything.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294

Well...

crap in a bucket.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
An abridged version of GamerGuy09's posts

"There is no Ridley picture therefore I'm still leaning toward it being fake"
"Some one tell me why there is no Ridley picture"
"Come on, you really think there's a chance he could miss getting a Ridley picture"
"I know I've said this many times but there is no Ridley picture! Hmm I think this might not be real"
I say that because it makes little to no sense why wouldn't he take a picture of something that would confirm his leak to be real.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Why is everyone cutting Lucas? quit that crap

What about Miis has anyone thought about how stupid it would be to have Miis unlockable? "Challenger approaching" you have to fight yourself in order to unlock. Well honestly id be prefectly fine with Miis being playable if there was a type of Mii battle mode where you can only use your Miis and fight other Miis and customize the moveset with some various attacks of the actual characters.
Exactly. Lucas stays because Brawl was imported to Make Smash 4. K Rool is not in.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It literally took someone to show you a photo of what I was telling you for you to realize what I was saying.

Yes.

Because by itself, it sounds bonkers, no offense.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
It literally took someone to show you a photo of what I was telling you for you to realize what I was saying.

You guys need to remember this is probably a beta version of a demo. Someone had to put together this quickly. They weren't going off their checklist of "Okay is the Wii in Wii Fit Trainer stylized correctly?", no they were making everything caps for the sake of the Character Select Screen

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace

Yes people generally better bleieve something when they have visual evidence shown to them.

Still think WII FIT TRAINER being part of a roster full of block caps disproving the leak is a load of ********.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom