• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hold the phone.

Little Mac is...

LITTLEMAC

:/

These may not be finished yet.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I still see zero issue. How it's presented in one screen does not dictate how it must appear in the select menu. It doesn't prove or disprove anything, unless you can prove the capitalization must be universal across all modes and menus.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I hope I'm not causing any hard feelings for DK fans, but I just don't see a 3rd DK rep probable. The fact that Retro disowned their own K.Rool Easter egg kinda makes me feel like the character is 'dead' for the time being.

I'd honestly rather have Lucas come back than a 3rd DK rep. I don't think ANY series should lose a character, and Mother losing one would just feel mean spirited frankly.
The problem with Earthbound is that the series is small, dosen´t mean has poor quality, what lacks in quantity gets it in quality, but it has a huge flaw Earthbound 3 was never released in America (North, Central and South), Europe, Australia, etc., except in Japan and that is a huge problem because many people can´t relate to the character, the same can be said for Marth but he is the main Lord and Mascot of FE, where Lucas is only one of the three protagonists of Earthbound / Mother and his game has not been launched worldwide making Ness the most known of the three with a Virtual Console released last year and by now the mascot and main character of the series. Thats why most people believe he is not coming back, thats only opinions, take it as what you want.

.n_n.

Last edited:

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
Just to clarify for everyone who didn't read the thread from like 20 pages ago, the pic that had Pac-Man was posted by a different person and is very obviously a poorly photoshopped fake.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
I still see zero issue. How it's presented in one screen does not dictate how it must appear in the select menu. It doesn't prove or disprove anything, unless you can prove the capitalization must be universal across all modes and menus.
If 64, Melee, and Brawl are anything to go by.

Then yes the spelling of the characters is consistently the same in all modes.

JCAndre

Smash Apprentice
Except for the all original artwork. Show me some of that and I will believe it. Until then it is up in the air. That Pac-Man pic was looking reused, but I couldn't see the whole thing so I will withhold judgement.

Also, I keep hearing about Ridley. Did one of these pics have Ridley in it?
Mario's Brawl character icon was pretty much the stock Brawl image for him. Not original for the character screen. I'm sure the same goes for other characters as well. http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_us/characters/mario.html

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Also, the CSS was thrown together for the sake of a demo. It's close to the final one, but the creator must've just gotten the memo of "caps lock on" and just went for it

Shroob

Sup?
The problem with Earthbound is that the series is small, dosen´t mean has poor quality what lacks in quantity gets it in quality, but it has a huge flaw Earthbound 3 was never released in America (North, Central and South), Europe, Australia, etc., except in Japan and that is a huge problem because many can´t relate to the character the same can be said for Marth but he is the main Lord and Mascot of FE, where Lucas is only one of the three protagonists of Earthbound / Mother and his game has not been launched worldwide making Ness the most known of the three with a Virtual Console release last year and by now the mascot and main character of the series. Thats why most people believe he is not coming back, thats only opinions take it as what you want.

.n_n.
I don't think that really matters though. Lucas was already in Smash bros which was released globally and is an established character in the series. It didn't feel good to lose a Mario rep between Melee and Brawl, and it won't feel good to lose a Mother rep either.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Honestly, I still doubt Mewtwo coming back as I think Lucas won't be cut and we will get Shulk. Then we can have a bottom row of Rpg characters up until Wii Fit Trainer and it would have the Big three kept in line like they were in Brawl

Really if we aren't getting cuts besides the three most agreed on, Its a fight between King K Rool or Dixie and Mewtwo or Sceptile.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Not exactly...

Pikmin and Olimar is called "Pikmin & Olimar" in the trophies and the Brawl Dojo.

Yet it's "Olimar" on the NA character select screen.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Alright guys I'm calling it a night. Been staring at this screen for hours. Here's to good new by morning

Neo Zero

If 64, Melee, and Brawl are anything to go by.

It's a good thing this isn't 64, Melee or Brawl then. I'll admit, it's suspect, but you must admit it proves nothing on it's own, certainly not enough to disprove the whole leak.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Not exactly...

Pikmin and Olimar is called "Pikmin & Olimar" in the trophies and the Brawl Dojo.

Yet it's "Olimar" on the NA character select screen.
Olimar and the Pikmin each had thier own seperate trophies in Brawl

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Do you happen to know what page that may be on? Things got hectic here.
Run-Down:

Pics 1 and 2. Originals that first shown the full size of the roster.

Pic 3. Shown Mega Man and Little Mac at a weird angle. 4Chan guy claims the reason why they appeared is because it is a different version for the invitational.

Pic 4. A zoomed in shot of Mega Man and Little Mac. You can see something on the right that is a P or an R. Many assume this is the Random button.

Pic 5. An edited version of Pic 4 that adds Pac-Man and puts Ridley closer than he should be. Seems to be a copy-cat.

Pic 6. An clearer picture of Mario, Link, and Pikachu. Assumed to be by the original poster.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Look guys I'd love to be wrong about this but the truth is the leak is killed by an inconsistency from the Wii Fit Trainer.

End.of.story.

T-800

Smash Apprentice
It's a good thing this isn't 64, Melee or Brawl then. I'll admit, it's suspect, but you must admit it proves nothing on it's own, certainly not enough to disprove the whole leak.
Pretty much this.

The leak is consistent with the letter case it established, so whether it's wrong or right can't be questioned.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Just a reminder to keep all leak discussion and speculation, especially considering this potential character select screen, related to E3. Non-E3 related discussion about these leaks will result in disciplinary actions.

As well, keep the discussion on topic. I haven't seen much spam so let's keep it that way. Also, don't flame others. You can disagree with an opinion without jumping down their throats.

I am a bit busy celebrating my wife's birthday today but I'll add this recent leak to the OP later tonight unless @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei doesn't mind doing it.

Pretty exciting; regardless if you believe in it or not.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Just to clear up some confusion

Actual Leak

FAKE (Not Orignal Leaker)

Guys this is fake, my reasoning:

Look at the Bottom Right Border picture of Donkey Kong, it is missing the same design as the majority of the characters.

Some may say that the other borders have character models covering them, but that is false, look at Sonic's box.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Mario's Brawl character icon was pretty much the stock Brawl image for him. Not original for the character screen. I'm sure the same goes for other characters as well. http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_us/characters/mario.html
I meant that it would have had artwork for unannounced characters, the artwork itself would have been unrevealed and thus new in the pic of the "leaked" pic of the Brawl CSS.

This leak shows us nothing new. So I see no reason to buy into it. I also see no reason why anyone would care if this was real as there is nothing new.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Look at the Bottom Right Border picture of Donkey Kong, it is missing the same design as the majority of the characters.

Some may say that the other borders have character models covering them, but that is false, look at Sonic's box.
Hmmm. I can't really tell. His fur could easily blend in with the black bit. However it could be just his fur.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Just a reminder to keep all leak discussion and speculation, especially considering this potential character select screen, related to E3. Non-E3 related discussion about these leaks will result in disciplinary actions.

As well, keep the discussion on topic. I haven't seen much spam so let's keep it that way. Also, don't flame others. You can disagree with an opinion without jumping down their throats.

I am a bit busy celebrating my wife's birthday today but I'll add this recent leak to the OP later tonight unless @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei doesn't mind doing it.

In this case, what would be non E3 discussion concerning this? I'd like to be sure so as not to cause a problem for anyone, nor anyone gets in trouble. If this is for the E3 Best Buy/Smash Tourney, then all conversation concerning it should be allowed correct? Just wish to make sure.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What is he supposed to be missing?

Forgot to mention, Pikmin and Olimar is the name announced outside of the US.
Yeah. Meaning changes happen and they aren't consistent.

Plus there's the LITTLEMAC thing.

I'll do it later tonight.

You guys think he's telling the truth about the Ridley thing?

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970

It's still there, just blending in with DK, since that part of his picture is really dark. Same with Lucario.

JCAndre

Smash Apprentice
I meant that it would have had artwork for unannounced characters, the artwork itself would have been unrevealed and thus new in the pic of the "leaked" pic of the Brawl CSS.

This leak shows us nothing new. So I see no reason to buy into it. I also see no reason why anyone would care if this was real as there is nothing new.

OK I misread your original post, I gotcha.

EDIT: I would say people care because, holy crap, 50 characters! And Ridley! (Even though I have been extremely stubborn thinking Ridley had no chance whatsoever of being playable, but I'm prepared to eat a slice of humble pie.)

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I have to go to bed because it's 2am here and i have to wake up early. Hopefully i awake to some delicious video. ...pls

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
What is he supposed to be missing?

Yeah. Meaning changes happen and they aren't consistent.

Plus there's the LITTLEMAC thing.

I'll do it later tonight.

You guys think he's telling the truth about the Ridley thing?
He is mentioning those little triangles on the corner on each of the character slots. He says the bottom right one for DK is missing, I'm not sure though.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I'm in fear of going to sleep and wake up and see this thread with at least a 20+ pages to read...

Shroob

Sup?
Now, I'm probably going to make people pissed... but what if Mewtwo isn't here? What if that space does indeed belong to another RPG character? I know it's silly, but, I just have a hard time seeing Pokemon get 6 slots is all. I know this has been debated to death, but...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
He is mentioning those little triangles on the corner on each of the character slots. He says the bottom right one for DK is missing, I'm not sure though.
???

It's there.

If this leak is true than E3 is going to be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom