• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I meant that it would have had artwork for unannounced characters, the artwork itself would have been unrevealed and thus new in the pic of the "leaked" pic of the Brawl CSS.

This leak shows us nothing new. So I see no reason to buy into it. I also see no reason why anyone would care if this was real as there is nothing new.
It gives people roster sizes and speculations as to what series are getting how many reps.

I don't see any reason to believe it either. It offers nothing in terms of anything actually substantial and verifiable. It is very possible for somebody with modest ability in photoshop to create something like this, and given that statistically these types of screen are very often fake the safest axiom is "fake until proven otherwise".

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It's still there, just blending in with DK, since that part of his picture is really dark. Same with Lucario.
Even if the black border is there it is not the same size as the other character's boxes. Nintendo would not do something as slack as that.

I cannot see the border in the bottom right corner, no matter how hard I squint my eyes, all I see is brown.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Guys this is fake, my reasoning:

Look at the Bottom Right Border picture of Donkey Kong, it is missing the same design as the majority of the characters.

Some may say that the other borders have character models covering them, but that is false, look at Sonic's box.
I checked in Photoshop, the black is there, no doubt.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Also, I will say this one more time: The leak maybe be true, but all your predictions can be wrong, remember that and good night!

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It's still there, just blending in with DK, since that part of his picture is really dark. Same with Lucario.
Even if the black border is there it is not the same size as the other character's boxes. Nintendo would not do something as slack as that.

I cannot see the border in the bottom right corner, no matter how hard I squint my eyes, all I see is brown.
I checked in Photoshop, the black is there, no doubt.
What is the size compared to the others?

Donkey Kong's boxes do not seem to fit with the others for me, something is glaring wrongs to my eyes.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
It gives people roster sizes and speculations as to what series are getting how many reps.

I don't see any reason to believe it either. It offers nothing in terms of anything actually substantial and verifiable. It is very possible for somebody with modest ability in photoshop to create something like this, and given that statistically these types of screen are very often fake the safest axiom is "fake until proven otherwise".
I agree.

Another thing that irks me, if some all these characters are unlockable at E3 on the Wii U version and ready to be played. Why the hell is the Wii U version releasing in Winter? It would have to be done for there to be that many characters. Furthermore, in what sense it is a demo if it involves all characters? You'd just be playing the full game.

Shroob

Sup?
I agree.

Another thing that irks me, if some all these characters are unlockable at E3 on the Wii U version and ready to be played. Why the hell is the Wii U version releasing in Winter? It would have to be done for there to be that many characters. Furthermore, in what sense it is a demo if it involves all characters? You'd just be playing the full game.
To be fair, they may be placeholder boxes. You're telling me that seeing a Smash roster with 50 possible characters wouldn't make you nuts? I see soo many people with pessimistic 40 or smaller rosters that it's crazy.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I agree.

It's a marketing strategy so that we buy both versions.

Last edited:

fanboss2

Smash Apprentice
So if this is true, the invitational will be a tournament in free for all ? :p

Anyway, pretty good leak, I'm 50-50, I want to believe it but at the same time I saw so many leaks which turned out to be fake (some obvious, some less) that I'm still doubting.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
Run-Down:
Pic 3. Shown Mega Man and Little Mac at a weird angle. 4Chan guy claims the reason why they appeared is because it is a different version for the invitational.
Just to clarify, the leaker didn't say that it was a version for the invitational, he just referred to it as the "tourney version", which upon completing, unlocks Ridley. This gives me the impression that the "tourney" is some sort of single-player arcade mode of some kind. Or, it may in fact be the version used for the invitational at E3, who knows?

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
To be fair, they may be placeholder boxes. You're telling me that seeing a Smash roster with 50 possible characters wouldn't make you nuts? I see soo many people with pessimistic 40 or smaller rosters that it's crazy.
It no doubt would make me go crazy, but I thought the leaker specified you could unlock characters. I may have gotten bad intell, I've only skimmed and probably not even half the topic.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Just to clarify, the leaker didn't say that it was a version for the invitational, he just referred to it as the "tourney version", which upon completing, unlocks Ridley. This gives me the impression that the "tourney" is some sort of single-player arcade mode of some kind. Or, it may in fact be the version used for the invitational at E3, who knows?
What about... the winner of the tourney plays... and them a screen CHALLENGER APPROACHING appears and the winner needs to battle Ridley!

Last edited:

Neo Zero

What is the size compared to the others?

Donkey Kong's boxes do not seem to fit with the others for me, something is glaring wrongs to my eyes.
I think it's just the Brown/Black issue. It looks the same size as the corner adjacent. Zooming in on it I can't see any issues.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
It no doubt would make me go crazy, but I thought the leaker specified you could unlock characters. I may have gotten bad intell, I've only skimmed and probably not even half the topic.
He said that you unlock Ridley after beating the "Tourney", and Little Mac and Mega Man were there from the start on the "Tourney" version.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I agree.

Precisely. There is no reason to add characters that cannot be used for a Demo. If they had all the characters ready for the Demo, then they might as well release the full game.

Proving this is a fake.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Precisely. There is no reason to add characters that cannot be used for a Demo. If they had all the characters ready for the Demo, then they might as well release the full game.

Proving this is a fake.
It is because of a Marketing Strategy, not because the game is running late. It will make us buy both versions.

Neo Zero

Proving this is a fake.
There may be a reason to explain this that can't be explained. Only Nintendo, and possibly Best Buy, would know why.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It is because of a Marketing Strategy, not because the game is running late. It will make us buy both versions.
That would make no sense though, that only uses up Disk space. And if so, why wasn't it done for Brawl?

Edit: @ Neo Zero Neo Zero :

What about the K's in Kirby and King Dedede? Do they have the same font that is being used? The center of the K in King Dedede's name looks smaller than Kirby's K.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
That would make no sense though, that only uses up Disk space. And if so, why wasn't it done for Brawl?
They release the 3DS version in summer so everyone buys it. Then in the winter everyone with a 3DS will want to buy a Wii U to get the Wii U version of Smash, and Wii U owners would already want the Wii U Smash.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Perhaps. But having a Demo with all the characters is tantamount to saying, "The game is done, this is a marketing ploy." And I doubt they would make it so clear.

Last edited:

JCAndre

Smash Apprentice

Proving this is a fake.
If it's real, I would think including all the locked boxes would be more of a marketing strategy. "Look how many characters we got in the roster! You can unlock them all when the 3DS version launches!" It will pump people up for the game. It would be a different strategy for sure, but Nintendo isn't bound by the strategies they used for Brawl and Melee, despite what people think. They can do whatever they want.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
If it's real, I would think including all the locked boxes would be more of a marketing strategy. "Look how many characters we got in the roster! You can unlock them all when the 3DS version launches!" It will pump people up for the game. It would be a different strategy for sure, but Nintendo isn't bound by the strategies they used for Brawl and Melee, despite what people think. They can do whatever they want.
That is what I mean though, why would they only add locked characters in a Demo now? Marketing strategies? Doesn't sound right to me.

Neo Zero

Edit: @ Neo Zero Neo Zero :

What about the K's in Kirby and King Dedede? Do they have the same font that is being used? The center of the K in King Dedede's name looks smaller than Kirby's K.
I don't have the PS skills for that, but they do look the same close up. Perhaps it's the angle plus the fact they had to fit in King Dedede, where Kirby has a ton of room left for his name.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well, I think it's the end now but it was really enjoyable (I increased my post count by 100).

Unfortunately, I have to treat this as the sal leak which that I will not consider his existence until proven true. That is because of the whole the leaker might have messed with us with ridley which is the only reason to not have a plausible explanation.

However, if it's real, it's a fantastic roster because 50 and includes my second and third most wanted (my most wanted is paper mario but as long as his series get more than trophies and stickers, I'm ok of him not playable).

So, we'll see but it's a very good leak.

JCAndre

Smash Apprentice
That is what I mean though, why would they only add locked characters in a Demo now? Marketing strategies? Doesn't sound right to me.
No one said the characters are there though, just represented by a blank box that is locked off. They would more or less be placeholders to show off how much they got in this time.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I don't have the PS skills for that, but they do look the same close up. Perhaps it's the angle plus the fact they had to fit in King Dedede, where Kirby has a ton of room left for his name.
Looks very sloppy for that to me. The person who made this did take their time, but I am still calling it a fake.

Could you provide us with a photo shopped picture of the DK's bottom right picture showing the black border is there?

I will copy the picture and invetr it myself to check out.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Well, I think it's the end now but it was really enjoyable (I increased my post count by 100).

Unfortunately, I have to treat this as the sal leak which that I will not consider his existence until proven true. That is because of the whole the leaker might have messed with us with ridley which is the only reason to not have a plausible explanation.

However, if it's real, it's a fantastic roster because 50 and includes my second and third most wanted (my most wanted is paper mario but as long as his series get more than trophies and stickers, I'm ok of him not playable).

So, we'll see but it's a very good leak.
Exactly my stance. I'll still be here because it is the weekend, and I'm bored.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
They're just doing something different. Why is that so hard for people to grasp. I'm going to sleep now. Bored of having to reexplain the same points to new people

UpsilonFox

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FLYINGDAVEno2
3DS FC
1134-7457-1617
Yes, exactly what I was thinking, have the E3/Best Buy demo show all of the locked slots to get people hyped for how many characters will be in the release version of the game, with most if not all locked characters not being unlockable in the E3/Best Buy demo.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
They're just doing something different. Why is that so hard for people to grasp. I'm going to sleep now. Bored of having to reexplain the same points to new people
Good night man. I just haven't seen this be done in a Demo before, that is what is making me skeptical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom