• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Double Post. Remember to use edit button.
I figured the thread was moving so fast, I wouldn't have to worry about double posting.

But the universe just loooooooves proving me wrong. :p

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Why would Colors be an option in the top right? It's never been like that before. Ever. Fake Fake Fake.

The creator of this "leak" is once again forgetting that a 3DS version of the game exists and therefore the roster must fit on the top screen of it. There is no way as depicted that it could.
Or.. you can scroll the roster with the touch screen, circle-pad, or d-pad. :p

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Why would Colors be an option in the top right? It's never been like that before. Ever. Fake Fake Fake.

The creator of this "leak" is once again forgetting that a 3DS version of the game exists and therefore the roster must fit on the top screen of it. There is no way as depicted that it could.
first, how do you know it hasn't changed?

and second this is the wiiu version and has nothing to do with 3ds screen.

D

Deleted member

This prove that this COULD be real but why not showing the artwork itself? It's obvious that there's something here but this something is unknown if it's ridley or not.
The only thing I can think of is that it is meant to add to the whole Ridley Uncertainty Fiasco, after all, Sakurai has only shown us a shadow of Ridley. So perhaps the person who posted this wants to keep leading us on as well for the sake of hype development since it shows:
a) plausibly a third Metroid Representative Box (which would logically be Ridley)
b) the Y at the end of the character name for this Box, which again would logically be Ridley if this is a Metroid Representative Box.

Shroob

Sup?
It's off topic but I tough that king k rool was very likely so why do you think there wouldn't be a third dk rep?
We have very little reason to believe there will be a 3rd DK rep in my personal opinion. After Ike coming back, I'm very hard pressed to see anyone except Snake being left out on the select screen, and Mewtwo has the 'thing' going for him.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
We have very little reason to believe there will be a 3rd DK rep in my personal opinion. After Ike coming back, I'm very hard pressed to see anyone except Snake being left out on the select screen, and Mewtwo has the 'thing' going for him.
Don't forget Squirt and Ivy.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The only thing I can think of is that it is meant to add to the whole Ridley Uncertainty Fiasco, after all, Sakurai has only shown us a shadow of Ridley. So perhaps the person who posted this wants to keep leading us on as well for the sake of hype development since it shows:
a) plausibly a third Metroid Representative Box (which would logically be Ridley)
b) the Y at the end of the character name for this Box, which again would logically be Ridley if this is a Metroid Representative Box.
so the leaker was Sakurai THIS EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!!! :troll:

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman

The leaker posted that the "color button gives you a pallet picker and charcter model". This was discussed earlier in the thread. Also, these pics are not of the 3DS version, they're of the Wii U version.

Dott

Smash Ace
What if Pokemon Trainer returns but with Charmander instead of Charizard? That would be the last slot.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

Roster will just be organized differently on 3DS. More Rows less columns. You're way too quick to call fake. You must consider that this is a new game and change is going to happen

D

Deleted member

What if Pokemon Trainer returns but with Charmander instead of Charizard? That would be the last slot.
This is impossible as Transformation Characters are confirmed to be removed.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Honestly if I was leaking (if I was in the leaker's position I wouldn't dare taking pics, but let's say I did) I would hide Ridley too. I want to see the twitch chat hype when he is shown at E3

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
They shared a spot with Zard in Brawl. They don't necessarily count as a roster 'spot' since they don't take up a select screen space.
But PKMN trainer is out dude. If that were the case, why would Shiek and ZSS have their own slots?

KingBroly

Smash Lord
The leaker posted that the "color button gives you a pallet picker and character model". This was discussed earlier in the thread. Also, these pics are not of the 3DS version, they're of the Wii U version.
You obviously didn't read my post very closely if that's your reply. The rosters are the same size and have to fit on both systems, ergo are of similar size on both. There is no way, that screen, as is, could fit on a 3DS screen, even by putting players 1-4 on the bottom.

And this leaker's logic about how palettes work is also flawed as hell, since Wario in Brawl didn't work that way. Sakurai's not one change how his menus work from game to game in a series.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
You obviously didn't read my post very closely if that's your reply. The rosters are the same size and have to fit on both systems, ergo are of similar size on both. There is no way, that screen, as is, could fit on a 3DS screen, even by putting players 1-4 on the bottom.

And this leaker's logic about how palettes work is also flawed as hell, since Wario in Brawl didn't work that way. Sakurai's not one change how his menus work from game to game in a series.
Saying, "no, that's not how it worked in the last game" is invalid.

You could scroll, or maybe it has more height than width.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Yeah honestly. I think most people would try to leave a shadow of doubt for the big fish and watch chaos ensue.

At least, I would do that.

Shroob

Sup?
But PKMN trainer is out dude. If that were the case, why would Shiek and ZSS have their own slots?
What are you arguing? I'm not counting them mostly because they didn't take a slot. Snake did take a slot. Zard fills in for PKMN Trainer's roster slot. Squirtle and Ivysaur's exclusion do not matter since they don't take up a roster slot.

I'm saying that Snake will be gone, thus making this roster everyone from Brawl - Snake + Sal's leak + Mewtwo + Ridley.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
What are you arguing? I'm not counting them mostly because they didn't take a slot. Snake did take a slot. Zard fills in for PKMN Trainer's roster slot. Squirtle and Ivysaur's exclusion do not matter since they don't take up a roster slot.

I'm saying that Snake will be gone, thus making this roster everyone from Brawl - Snake + Sal's leak + Mewtwo + Ridley.
If they were in the game they would each take up a slot, just like Zelda and ZSS. Your logic is flawed.

Last edited:

plrichard

Smash Cadet

So having the character selection screen on the touchscreen and the selected characters on the main screen wouldn't work?

Shroob

Sup?
But they would take up a slot if they were in the game. There will be no more transformation characters. Your logic is super flawed.
Um... no? I guess it's because I simply don't care about them, frankly. Charizard is back, they're out. But fine, if you want me to be TECHNICAL:

Everyone from Brawl - Snake, Squirtle and Ivy + Sal's leak + Mewtwo + Ridley

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
The leak is fake.

The Wii Fit Trainer is in all caps on the select screen but on the official website and during the direct we see it's actually Wii Fit TRAINER

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's gotta be someone on the bottom row so all of those one-off characters can fit in...and there are six Pokemon spots seemingly lined up...I'm going to bet on Lucas.

Funny thing is, this matches up with RosalinaX, as fake as that sounds. 48 characters (could change...here, to 50), with 4 cuts, and a colors mode.

Shroob

Sup?
The leak is fake.

The Wii Fit Trainer is in all caps on the select screen but on the official website and during the direct we see it's actually Wii Fit TRAINER
Actually, during the Direct, it was Wii Fit TRAINERS. This character's name seems subject to change, a lot.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
The leak is fake.

ZELDA, SAMUS, KIRBY, need I go on. It'd be weird if it was Wii Fit TRAINER.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Um... no? I guess it's because I simply don't care about them, frankly. Charizard is back, they're out. But fine, if you want me to be TECHNICAL:

Everyone from Brawl - Snake, Squirtle and Ivy + Sal's leak + Mewtwo + Ridley
Wait, what are we arguing about? You said that Squirtle and Ivysaur will be in the same slot as Charizard, but that wouldn't make sense because Sheik and ZSS have their own slots.

Shroob

Sup?
Wait, what are we arguing about? You said that Squirtle and Ivysaur will be in the same slot as Charizard, but that wouldn't make sense because Sheik and ZSS have their own slots.
I never said that...? I acknowledge that they're cut, I just didn't add them to my original idea because I view them more as toss aways.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I think you're misunderstanding what 'Colors' and 'Palettes' represents as far as the leak goes.

The leaker is suggesting that you can select unique color palettes for your Smashers. I'd imagine changing alts/team colors as usual is done in the same way it's always been done.

That's how I interpreted it, anyway. Lots of fighting games are incorporating things like customized character colors and the like. Look at Blazblue and Street Fighter x Tekken. I don't find it particularly odd that Smash would have that kind of customization there.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I never said that...? I acknowledge that they're cut, I just didn't add them to my original idea because I view them more as toss aways.
Okay. I said "You forgot Squirt and Ivy". You said no. I thought you meant as in the whole scheme of characters and that they shared the same slot with Charizard. I didn't think that you were talking about slots. Sorry.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I don't know how we got in argument about Pokemon Trainer... just... no....

Off Topic but now my Avatar is a Chorus Man with my name tatted. Wanted to change it up. As you can tell im a great artist

Last edited:

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
ZELDA, SAMUS, KIRBY, need I go on. It'd be weird if it was Wii Fit TRAINER.
'Wii' (and 'Mii') seem like consistent stylisations. The site uses this despite using caps for other characters. In PAL Brawl Pokémon characters had their names in all caps (like PIKACHU). It wouldn't be too atypical.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
I think you're misunderstanding what 'Colors' and 'Palettes' represents as far as the leak goes.

The leaker is suggesting that you can select unique color palettes for your Smashers. I'd imagine changing alts/team colors as usual is done in the same way it's always been done.

That's how I interpreted it, anyway. Lots of fighting games are incorporating things like customized character colors and the like. Look at Blazblue and Street Fighter x Tekken. I don't find it particularly odd that Smash would have that kind of customization there.
Whoa. I only just realized how freaking amazing customizable palettes would be. Now, I really want this to be real.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

That's very interesting, never thought about that. Infinite colors? That sounds sweet as hell. No more Pink Luigi!

No it doesn't. It stayed Wii Fit TRAINER in the game and the website. For it to be different elsewhere doesn't make any sense
It said Wii FIT TRAINERS during the ending of the smash direct. Why didn't it change to that for the website, I dunno.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom