• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dungeon Crawler from the Future - Grovyle Support Thread

Would you want Grovyle in the next smash?

• Total voters

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
He might actually make it as one of the three starters of Pokemon Trainer.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
That Wonder Bag reminds me of Doraemon. :laugh:

EDIT: Also, I really suggest changing the magical sparks used in "Absorb". The crescent and star is an Islamic symbol. Just pointing it out, though I'm not a Muslim.
oh yeah, maybe I should. this was never trying to insult anybody I was just trying to replicate the effect from gen 3. maybe if I get around to it I'll change it.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
oh yeah, maybe I should. this was never trying to insult anybody I was just trying to replicate the effect from gen 3. maybe if I get around to it I'll change it.
Don't worry about it at all, it doesn't mean anything significant to the Islamic religion, nor does any other symbol.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

I did this, borrowing a thing. because I'm good at ripping people off. made from picking and choosing from the avaliable movesets up above
Looks decent, but may I make some suggestions?

I don't know where the scarf came from, as he doesn't wear one in both the games and anime.
What's the design on the scarf, anyway? XD

I image him as having his satchel by his hip, and constantly slung over his shoulder, like in the anime special. When using "Wonder Bag", he'd reach over to his side with one arm and take the item out. (while simultaneously doing the quick spinning throwing item animation from the PMD games)

His series symbol should either be the badge design from PMD2 and PMD4, or the time gear symbol from PMD2.

The time gear looks cooler, but the badge symbol better represents the PMD series as a whole.

Oh, and he'd be voiced by Dan Green, same as in the anime.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Looks decent, but may I make some suggestions?

I don't know where the scarf came from, as he doesn't wear one in both the games and anime.
What's the design on the scarf, anyway? XD

I image him as having his satchel by his hip, and constantly slung over his shoulder, like in the anime special. When using "Wonder Bag", he'd reach over to his side with one arm and take the item out. (while simultaneously doing the quick spinning throwing item animation from the PMD games)

His series symbol should either be the badge design from PMD2 and PMD4, or the time gear symbol from PMD2.

The time gear looks cooler, but the badge symbol better represents the PMD series as a whole.

Oh, and he'd be voiced by Dan Green, same as in the anime.
Oh hey! its you!

yeah, I put the scarf there to better signify that this is the grovyle from PMD, not any other game. but replacing it with the wonder bag with the badge as the clip-thing might work in the same manner as I intended the scarf to, so I wouldn't mind that at all! and, yeah, the badge should be his symbol, but I wasn't able to draw it for some reason :/

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
alright Sakuri, I know grovyle's probably not getting to be in, but could we have this music from his game? that would be EPIC!

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Some questions:

What if our dear Grovyle actually appeared in the next trailer as a fighter? What would your reaction be? What would you think of Sakurai and the rest of the team?

What if he appeared nonetheless as an assist trophy, stage element, or just a regular trophy? What about as a sticker?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Some questions:

What if our dear Grovyle actually appeared in the next trailer as a fighter? What would your reaction be? What would you think of Sakurai and the rest of the team?

What if he appeared nonetheless as an assist trophy, stage element, or just a regular trophy? What about as a sticker?
If he was playable: AWESOME!!! but then we would have to explain why he's important, lol.
I would congratulate sakuri for thinking about the pokemon spin offs.
if he was a stage element I would still be freaking happy
if he only appeared as a trophy, it would be fine as long as they mentioned PMD.

but really, anything from PMD would be awesome!

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Grovyle is the PERFECT fit from the PMD series. The guy you chase after and hate through more than half of the game suddenly becomes not only a decent character, but one of your best friends and partners. Grovyle alone pulls the main character (and the player themselves) through so many emotions and plot twists and Grovyle is just perfect. I know it's not that likely, but I'd LOVE to have Grovyle in smash and I would definitely main him for my love of PMD. <3

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Neat. This thread got revived. He seems pretty unlikely, but shouldn't stop us from supporting him.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I don't know if bumping character threads is allowed, so I apologize if I'm being a bad boy by doing this.

I'd like something like this to be a track for Grovyle.

An orchestral Hidden Land arrangement much like the one shown in the anime would be good too.

----

Dr. Flinn

Smash Cadet
I don't know if bumping character threads is allowed, so I apologize if I'm being a bad boy by doing this.

I'd like something like this to be a track for Grovyle.

An orchestral Hidden Land arrangement much like the one shown in the anime would be good too.

----
Sounds like something from Zelda...

Grovyle has my support, though he'd work better as a Pokemon Trainer Pokemon

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Muh move set (Just specials)
Neutral: Absorb: Does about 4% of damage. Heals about 2% of damage.
Side: Leaf Blade: On ground, it's like Marth's Side B. In the air, it's like Meta Knight's Neutral aerial.
Up: Pursuit: Like Diddy's Side B, only upwards. If the foe is facing the other way, it does about double damage.
Down: Solarbeam: A lot of lag, but very deadly. On brighter levels, the lag doesn't have as much lag.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
....What do you guys think of this model I'm working on?
It's how I imagine Grovyle in Smash.
z.png

There are still many problems with it, though.
The topology of the thighs and hip is bad, and the rigging isn't perfect either.

Also, if anyone steals this pic, I'll know.
I'm kinda paranoid about it since I forgot to put a watermark...

-----

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
....What do you guys think of this model I'm working on?
It's how I imagine Grovyle in Smash.
[stuff]

There are still many problems with it, though.
The topology of the thighs and hip is bad, and the rigging isn't perfect either.

Also, if anyone steals this pic, I'll know.
I'm kinda paranoid about it since I forgot to put a watermark...

-----
That's really good! I like it!

I wish I could really say more but currently I don't know too much about modeling....

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The leaves are a bit thick, but besides that it looks very awesome.

Anyways, have I mentioned I support this? Because I do. Explorers remains in at least my top 10 list of video games.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Out of all of them I've played, definitely.
I at least hope the PMD games get a stage this time. Sky Tower or something on that level would be great!

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
PMD2's literally my favorite game of all time...so Grovyle on Smash Bros. would have me screaming like an enraged fangirl...and not that Gen3 Trainer bull****! The real Grovyle from PMD2 with his satchel and the Time Gears on his moveset...what makes me sad is that if we DO even get a PMD stage on the 3DS, it'll probably be Glacier Palace instead of the suoer-iconic Temporal Tower.

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
I vote yes, simply because the Treecko family is my favorite grass starter. Grovyle and Sceptile and really cool. It BETTER have Leaf Blade, though.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Surprised this hasn't been bumped in light of recent news, what with Hoenn Confirmed and Charizard and Greninja chilling without a Grass bro.
Grovyle could take out two birds with one stone now;
Fill in the gap AND rep Mystery Dungeon.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Surprised this hasn't been bumped in light of recent news, what with Hoenn Confirmed and Charizard and Greninja chilling without a Grass bro.
Grovyle could take out two birds with one stone now;
Fill in the gap AND rep Mystery Dungeon.
YES!

Thank you for bumping this, by the way.

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Oh, and one more thing I want to set out there that might get this thread talking again (this will be a rant so if for some reason you don't like those, skip ahead a bit)

I guess you could call it a "theory", but its more like a chain of coincidences that seam to point in a certain way. By no means is this solid facts.

So I was looking around YouTube at several different rumors, leaks, and theories when I stumbled upon a video which speculated that because Palkia was now in a pokeball, the spear pillar stage was now cut. This I personally already thought of and I wasn't all that interested in it. But it got me thinking... where is the other two pokemon from that stage? Initially I thought nothing of it believing that they both would make it into pokeballs as well. But then it hit me. why wouldn't they announce both Palkia and Dialga at once? Beyond keeping him hidden o slowly build up hype, the other reason that would make scene to do this is that they are using Dialga as a stage hazard or boss. Being the Mystery Dungeon fan I am, my speculation was that we would finally get Temporal Tower as a stage in the next game. But why stop there? If they did have a stage, this means that they have representation for the MD franchise. Which means we have a better chance of seeing a MD character rep. Grovyle would obviously be the best fit rep if we did get one. Combine this with the theory that we may get a grass type and the theory that we may get a 3rd gen rep and suddenly it looks like grovyle might stand a good chance

Now I know what your thinking. With only one rep left in the pokemon series, and big hitters with large followings like mewtwo and jigs around, grovyle seams to be the long shot in the competition. Well, you'd be right. Grovyle doesn't stand as much of a chance as those two. this doesn't disqualify him though. he could still have a great chance of making it in... as a spinoff (or a. k. a. just being a rep strain up advertised as a MD character, symbol and all) Thinking about it its not too unlikely. The Mario franchise has done this twice with Wario and Yoshi. Plus with pokemon being the second most popular game franchise next to Mario, they can easily get away with a single character not being from the main series.

It may seam crazy, but it just could work, right?

Top Bottom