• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Not if he gets an early build of the game (like happened with Three House)
Byleth still got released 6 months after Three Houses launched despite Sakurai having an early build of the game, so by that logic.... yeah, Nahobino's not coming out in 2021 if it'd be him.

And Three Houses was a Nintendo game, so Sakurai would probably have had an easier time getting an early build of that game than an early build of a third-party game since Nintendo is always keeping an eye on the stuff Sakurai makes.

or keeps in touch with Atlus during development.
Can still be kinda unreliable even if the two are super up-to-date unless Atlus is 100% commiting to everything they're doing first try and never scrapping any content that could potentially be used as a moveset... which seems like an unrealistic path to me.

Smash Roy having a completely different personality than canon Roy due to Sakurai not being able to get some info on time probably gave Sakurai the wake-up call to not make major content based on games that isn't finalized yet.

Nahobino, assuming it gets released in September/October, would have started development March/April if we go by the "DLC fighters take around 6 months of development" thing. At that point, SMT V might not be finalized but obviously all the key elements of the game, characters and story are already decided.

I don't think it's that hard. The hard part IMO comes from Nintendo actually going with the new protag and if they want to release a character before it's game of origin comes out.
Yeah, I agree on that being the hard part. It feels like too huge of a gamble to release a character months before that character's game is even out.

And besides, even with a proper release date, SMTV isn't immune to delays. There's always a chance it might not make it in store shelves in 2021 until the day it comes out, making it an even bigger gamble on Nintendo's part.

If Nintendo decides to push SMT, I have the feeling they'd go for Demi-Fiend instead. He's fairly popular and already has a full game released years ago to draw from which recently got a remake released so SMT3 is fresh on people's minds. That feels like a safer bet while still giving SMT that push.

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Byleth still got released 6 months after Three Houses launched despite Sakurai having an early build of the game, so by that logic.... yeah, Nahobino's not coming out in 2021 if it'd be him.

And Three Houses was a Nintendo game, so Sakurai would probably have had an easier time getting an early build of that game than an early build of a third-party game since Nintendo is always keeping an eye on the stuff Sakurai makes.

Can still be kinda unreliable even if the two are super up-to-date unless Atlus is 100% commiting to everything they're doing first try and never scrapping any content that could potentially be used as a moveset... which seems like an unrealistic path to me.

Smash Roy having a completely different personality than canon Roy due to Sakurai not being able to get some info on time probably gave Sakurai the wake-up call to not make major content based on games that isn't finalized yet.

Yeah, I agree on that being the hard part. It feels like too huge of a gamble to release a character months before that character's game is even out.

And besides, even with a proper release date, SMTV isn't immune to delays. There's always a chance it might not make it in store shelves in 2021 until the day it comes out, making it an even bigger gamble on Nintendo's part.

If Nintendo decides to push SMT, I have the feeling they'd go for Demi-Fiend instead. He's fairly popular, has a remake coming out and already has a full game released years ago to draw from. That feels like a safer bet while still giving SMT that push.
The SMT3 HD remake on Switch came out about a month and a half ago.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Uhm, okay, out of the blue?

Well, 350$ for a wider and more detailed screen, an actually useful stand, a LAN Port built in, and bragging rights. Not a bad deal all things considered.

This is definitely one of the weirder things Nintendo could’ve done to make a “Switch Pro.”
IT HAS BLUETOOTH
All Switch models have Bluetooth, its how they connect controllers to the console. Hopefully, they’ll enable support for Headphones and all the other Bluetooth products. Still pissed they have the technology in the console but don’t extend it to other Bluetooth products when it’d be so easy. At least there are 3rd party accessories to make that possible.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well, 350$ for a wider and more detailed screen, an actually useful stand, a LAN Port built in, and bragging rights. Not a bad deal all things considered.

This is definitely one of the weirder things Nintendo could’ve done to make a “Switch Pro.”

All Switch models have Bluetooth, its how they connect controllers to the console. Hopefully, they’ll enable support for Headphones and all the other Bluetooth products. Still pissed they have the technology in the console but don’t extend it to other Bluetooth products when it’d be so easy. At least there are 3rd party accessories to make that possible.
Yeah I was hoping to use my Bluetooth earbuds with the Switch

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Two color schemes currently listed, the double white joycons with white dock and the neon red and blue joycons with black dock. Price as stated before is $350.

1625587571759.png

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Hot damn! A LAN port!

We. Need. Mii. Mages!
I just want a good character creator outside of just Miis. I never really liked what Miis looked like so I never cared to make any. I do love character creators in most games though.

Something that would be cool, but would probably never happen, is if we got the tools to recreate every avatar character in Smash like Robin or Corrin. My characters in those games looked nothing like the default appearance.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The rumors also said DLSS… and the battery life is roughly the same

at least it has more onboard storage so that’s a plus I guess

Gengar84

Smash Hero
What we really need is that Mii Maker from Miitopia (that, and maybe some more custom moves).
That’s a good compromise. I think that is probably doable in Ultimate if Sakurai and Nintendo really wanted to. An actual character creator would probably be way too much work to implement in Ultimate at this point but maybe some day.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The series is almost Sony-exclusive, but with Sony abandoning the Japanese market they could bring KH to the Switch instead.
Didn’t they claim the KH HD remixes were incompatible with the Switch’s specs? Which I call bull**** on that, they’re literally upscaled PS2 games

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

If Nintendo decides to push SMT, I have the feeling they'd go for Demi-Fiend instead. He's fairly popular and already has a full game released years ago to draw from which recently got a remake released so SMT3 is fresh on people's minds. That feels like a safer bet while still giving SMT that push.
Especially for a third party title like SMTV.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I’m not really expecting an SMT character at all for Ultimate. I think there is a solid chance for the next game, especially if it picks up where Ultimate left off. For now, I’m assuming Joker is probably sufficient to represent SMT/Persona. I’ve never played a true SMT game but I’m planning on buying 5 so I wouldn’t really complain if I was wrong.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Didn’t they claim the KH HD remixes were incompatible with the Switch’s specs? Which I call bull**** on that, they’re literally upscaled PS2 games
I think mostly everyone calls bull**** on that lol. Everyone saw three that and was like "yeah ****ing right, SE"

Ivander

Smash Legend
So.....what is different with the Oled Nintendo Switch and what exactly is an Oled screen? Or at least, what exactly does the Oled screen do for image quality and whatnot?
What we really need is that Mii Maker from Miitopia (that, and maybe some more custom moves).
I would be really excited to see what people would do using the Miitopia Mii Maker with Smash Bros. outfits. Like using the Geno outfit with a Geno made with Miitopia's Mii Maker.

If the Miitopia Mii Maker also allowed the customization of different expressions, like attacking, getting hit, having a different expression when taunting, etc, that'd be amazing too.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
So.....what is different with the Oled Nintendo Switch and what exactly is an Oled screen?
From a quick Google search, they're uh...LEDs, but different. It's just a different way of lighting the screen.

As for what's different:
Well, 350$ for a wider and more detailed screen, an actually useful stand, a LAN Port built in, and bragging rights.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
So.....what is different with the Oled Nintendo Switch and what exactly is an Oled screen? Or at least, what exactly does the Oled screen do for image quality and whatnot?

I would be really excited to see what people would do using the Miitopia Mii Maker with Smash Bros. outfits. Like using the Geno outfit with a Geno made with Miitopia's Mii Maker.

If the Miitopia Mii Maker also allowed the customization of different expressions, like attacking, getting hit, having a different expression when taunting, etc, that'd be amazing too.
That is really impressive. How does Miitopia’s Miimaker work exactly? Can you import textures from outside sources and lay them over the Mii face model? I know WWE games and Soul Calibur have done that.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I don't know how people take the Switch with them. I'd be ridiculously anxious over it breaking, haha. I use my Switch as purely a home console, for the mentioned reason as well as the fact that due to how I have things set up, I need to plug it into my PC to coldboot it. I don't really see a benefit to upgrading myself, but I'm glad the option exists for most others, and with this new model it will be better for new adopters.

Most I'll ever do is undock it and kickstand it next to my monitor, especially when making Miitopia miis or debugging a mod.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
That is really impressive. How does Miitopia’s Miimaker work exactly? Can you import textures from outside sources and lay them over the Mii face model? I know WWE games and Soul Calibur have done that.
I don't think it has imported textures, I think it just allows for alot of detail with some of the stuff. Like you know how in regular Mii Maker, some people have created some Miis using the placement of their features? Miitopia's Mii Maker just allows for alot more placement with stuff.

If you want a list of what people have done with Miitopia's Mii Maker, you can find alot here.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I don't know how people take the Switch with them. I'd be ridiculously anxious over it breaking, haha. I use my Switch as purely a home console, for the mentioned reason as well as the fact that due to how I have things set up, I need to plug it into my PC to coldboot it. I don't really see a benefit to upgrading myself, but I'm glad the option exists for most others, and with this new model it will be better for new adopters.
I personally keep it in a case when bringing it over to friends and family's houses, but yeah, I don't nearly use it as portably as I did my DS and 3DS due to how much larger it is. Maybe if I had a Switch Lite, but alas I'm not really interested in spending a couple hundred dollars on an extra convenience (not to mention the headache of keeping track of data across two systems since I still care about playing docked).

For Nintendo Switch Case, Portable Travel Case Carrying Pouch with 29 Game  Card Storage Slot for Nintendo Switch Console, Black - Walmart.com -  Walmart.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom