• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I'm seeing a lot of people on Twitter moaning about the OLED Switch's lack of improved specs, and really... all I can think about is... why? Why in hell would Nintendo - their current, albeit outdated hardware continuing to sell - throw themselves into the current scramble for modern chips? Seriously! Why release something they couldn't adequately manufacture right now when they can continue to pump out old Tegras? This upgrade seems small, but it makes a lot of sense considering the current climate and situation.
For once, Nintendo's choice to stay behind the curve technologically may actually be working in their favor, if only thanks to circumstances they had nothing to do with.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I don't know if the OLED is worth the price as of right now.
For current Switch owners? Not really.
For me specifically? I always play docked and don't have Nintendo Switch Online or a nearby router to plug into sooooo. No.
For people who don't have a Switch? Yeah why not?

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
For current Switch owners? Not really.
For me specifically? I always play docked and don't have Nintendo Switch Online or a nearby router to plug into sooooo. No.
For people who don't have a Switch? Yeah why not?
Yup. I own a Switch and basically play handheld mode exclusively. The picture looks great and the sound quality is stellar. Sure it could be improved, but not for another $350.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I think the OLED Switch is a fine new addition to our catalogue.

OLED allows for a wider range of colors that is said to load faster and be less taxing on the CPU. The wider screen is also just nice.

Aside from that, a few QoL improvements with LAN, extra storage, and the stand are neat.

Its not a massive improvement, but for just 50$ extra than a regular Switch it’s certainly a viable option.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I think the OLED Switch is a fine new addition to our catalogue.

OLED allows for a wider range of colors that is said to load faster and be less taxing on the CPU. The wider screen is also just nice.

Aside from that, a few QoL improvements with LAN, extra storage, and the stand are neat.

Its not a massive improvement, but for just 50$ extra than a regular Switch it’s certainly a viable option.
And as a bonus, they're not gonna throw a whole bunch of exclusives at it.

Technomage

Smash Champion
So since Smash's dev team was working on CP11's character after Sephiroth released, how much progress, in terms of percentage, do you think they've currently made (which is about 6.5 months)?

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I predict CP11 will release in about 1.6 months (which would be around mid-August).
Release?
Sheeeeesh

I'd love it if Nintendo actually does something along these lines, but we're realistically going to have to wait a bit.

While the character itself could influence the time of the reveal, IN GENERAL, I'm banking on a September reveal..
Standalone direct, maybe if it's big enough.. maybe in the September directs (for which we'll probably get one this year)

LONG SHOT but if the character's gonna be a big enough hit that could attract a major non-Nintendo audience, I could actually see us waiting till TGA 2021
Lol Imagine Geoff saying something like "As we all know, SSBU has come a long way with its reveals and growing sales and fanbase, becoming one of the Nintendo Switch's best selling titles, and having the honor of being the best selling fighting game ever. Over the course of TGA we were proud to be the host event for the reveal of two of SSBU's DLC fighters, Joker and Sephiroth.. and now it is our honor to be the host of the FINAL Smash DLC fighter, releasing later this month, check it out!".

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So.... do you guys think it was a good decision to announce the ODEL model today, or do you think they should've announced it back at E3? Curious for your thoughts.
With it not being a major upgrade to the Switch's hardware, it was best to not show this at E3.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Release?
Sheeeeesh

I'd love it if Nintendo actually does something along these lines, but we're realistically going to have to wait a bit.

While the character itself could influence the time of the reveal, IN GENERAL, I'm banking on a September reveal..
Standalone direct, maybe if it's big enough.. maybe in the September directs (for which we'll probably get one this year)

LONG SHOT but if the character's gonna be a big enough hit that could attract a major non-Nintendo audience, I could actually see us waiting till TGA 2021
Lol Imagine Geoff saying something like "As we all know, SSBU has come a long way with its reveals and growing sales and fanbase, becoming one of the Nintendo Switch's best selling titles, and having the honor of being the best selling fighting game ever. Over the course of TGA we were proud to be the host event for the reveal of two of SSBU's DLC fighters, Joker and Sephiroth.. and now it is our honor to be the host of the FINAL Smash DLC fighter, releasing later this month, check it out!".

I can’t see them making us wait 6 months just to announce the last character. It’s most likely gonna be it’s own presentation with its own huge cgi trailer that’s a continuation of WOL. To back that part up, Darkhon is yet to be destroyed. I’d say mid September, early October sounds a good time to announce it.

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
So Nintendo has gone full "Disney-mode" eh? Shocker.
If it was full Disney mode they would actually be gone. More like scare tactics threatening to be like Disney which I'm not sure which is worse.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Release?
Sheeeeesh

If waiting 6 months means that we're gonna get a bombshell character, I'm all for it

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I still think a final battle trailer vs both cosmic beings would be best

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Ugh, that'd be way too long; it'd suck out a big chunk of the character's hype.
THIS. Please remember what fandom you're making wait that long. Any "OMG CHARACTER X GOT IN SUCK IT NERDS WHO THOUGHT IT HAD TO BE CINDERACE" posts will instead be "finally...at least it's over and not cinderace i guess..."

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I see the Hero and Sephiroth trailers as sort-of continuations/AUs of the two WoL bad ends

Hero’s is after the bad ending where only Galeem is defeated and Dharkon reigns supreme and corrupts everyone. It’s a continuation. Darkness falls over the world, almost everyone has become controlled except Link and the Heroes

Sephiroth’s is a divergence of the bad ending where only Dharkon is defeated. Galeem just vaporized a weakened Dharkon and is about to vaporize everyone else and… you know the rest

we need a true ending variant (final battle vs both) now

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, that'd be way too long; it'd suck out a big chunk of the character's hype.
Yeah, but I'd much rather have a character that would age like wine in the long term
Smash hype is pretty much dying anyway and the roster is big enough to keep you entertained on the meanwhile, I don't see the downside

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Just remember that after this there will be no more fighters left so let fighter 11 fans be happy.

Okay for real though, who's gonna make that meme frame 1 when fighter 11 drops?

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I don't see why that matters? Hero fought Dharkon, Sephiroth fought Galeem; it's as simple as that. Why does Dharkon need to die for it to count?
It doesn’t matter I guess, it’s just kinda a bit weird to go out the way and have one die and the other still Alive. Also hero never fought darkhon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom