• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok but like

imagine this, but with Galeem and Dharkon instead of a giant vaporwave statue of doom

either Octoling or Off the Hook as CP11 could have this, with the latter two being cameo NPCs if the former is playable

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
Ok so a trailer where both Galeem and Dharkon are defeated...

He's back, y'all

Honestly, I think Tabuu is the only (or at least best) character that could pull off fighting both Galeem and Dharkon well. At this point, you'd need a big stakes-raiser for that, and who better for that than someone returning to reclaim his throne as the true villain of Smash?

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Honestly, I think Tabuu is the only (or at least best) character that could pull off fighting both Galeem and Dharkon well. At this point, you'd need a big stakes-raiser for that, and who better for that than someone returning to reclaim his throne as the true villain of Smash?
And then cue all the Brawl characters who came up against Tabuu looking at him in complete shock as he returns to his former glory...

Technomage

Smash Champion
Yeah, but I'd much rather have a character that would age like wine in the long term
Smash hype is pretty much dying anyway and the roster is big enough to keep you entertained on the meanwhile, I don't see the downside
Even if you want a character to age like fine wine, you don't need to wait a long-ass amount of time to make that happen (nor would it help). Smash hype may be nearly dead, but making us wait that long wouldn't raise its hype; Nelson's comment here proves my point.

THIS. Please remember what fandom you're making wait that long. Any "OMG CHARACTER X GOT IN SUCK IT NERDS WHO THOUGHT IT HAD TO BE CINDERACE" posts will instead be "finally...at least it's over and not cinderace i guess..."

Yeah, the roster may be big enough to keep newbies entertained for a while, but can you really say the same thing for fans who've been with Ultimate from the very start? I don't expect that to keep the latter occupied for very long.

Just remember that after this there will be no more fighters left so let fighter 11 fans be happy.
But the thing here is, even people who've been waiting for a long time to see their character as CP11 will lose quite a bit of excitement over it, even if it's their favorite character. For example, Crash is currently my most-wanted for CP11, but my enthusiasm for him has diminished quite a bit, and making me wait 6 months ain't gonna revive it. Nelson's comment also proves this point.

Last edited:

Twilord

Smash Ace
If Kazuya is still throwing characters into the abyss at start of the next trailer which character has the best odds of being the trigger for the next character?

Technomage

Smash Champion
If Kazuya is still throwing characters into the abyss at start of the next trailer which character has the best odds of being the trigger for the next character?
I think it'd depend on who CP11 would be. Here's some scenarios I thought of:

Diddy's fall would trigger Dixie Kong
Fox's fall would trigger Krystal
Wario's fall would trigger Waluigi
Sonic's fall would trigger Tails
Mega Man's fall could trigger the likes of Proto Man, Bass, and Zero

Last edited:

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Even if you want a character to age like fine wine, you don't need to wait a long-ass amount of time to make that happen (nor would it help). Smash hype may be nearly dead, but making us wait that long wouldn't raise its hype; Nelson's comment here proves my point.

Yeah, the roster may be big enough to keep newbies entertained for a while, but can you really say the same thing for fans who've been with Ultimate from the very start? I don't expect that to keep the latter occupied for very long.

But the thing here is, even people who've been waiting for a long time to see their character as CP11 will lose quite a bit of excitement over it, even if it's their favorite character. For example, Crash is currently my most-wanted for CP11, but my enthusiasm for him has diminished quite a bit, and making me wait 6 months ain't gonna revive it. Nelson's comment also proves this point.
Agree to disagree, I'm the kind of person that would've waited 1 year if that meant my favorites are getting in. Initial hype just lasts a while and quickly fades away once the whole thing is over, so imo this fanbase really needs to look at things by the long term.

Edit: I forgot to mention, my hype for Smash was pretty much dead during the Byleth and Min Min era, but Sephiroth singlehandedly revitalized my interest for this game.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ok but like

imagine this, but with Galeem and Dharkon instead of a giant vaporwave statue of doom

either Octoling or Off the Hook as CP11 could have this, with the latter two being cameo NPCs if the former is playable
How the hell is it fitting for a ****ing Splatoon character to fight deities? In fact, beyond SMT, what would even fit for this idea?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
How the hell is it fitting for a ****ing Splatoon character to fight deities? In fact, beyond SMT, what would even fit for this idea?
Maybe Doomguy? He's more likely to fight demons, but Doom Eternal added angelic beings into the mix. Bayonetta would work here, but she's already in the game. (and I don't think they'd add Jeanne as a DLC character unless we get a bonus echo fighter pass)

Also, probably most RPG heroes, since a lot of RPGs end with a plucky group of teenagers and/or monsters leveling up enough to punch a god to death. (seemingly no matter how they begin - you could have an RPG about a character setting out to collect hats, only for it to end with them and their party members in a fistfight with Haberdasherion, the God of Hats)

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Monika from Doki Doki Literature Club, Sora, Dante, and other deities and god-like beings, for example.

Last edited:

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Doomguy? He's more likely to fight demons, but Doom Eternal added angelic beings into the mix.

Also, probably most RPG heroes, since a lot of RPGs end with a plucky group of teenagers and/or monsters leveling up enough to punch a god to death. (seemingly no matter how they begin - you could have an RPG about a character setting out to collect hats, only for it to end with them and their party members in a fistfight with Haberdasherion, the God of Hats)
I was thinking this or Sora. Dante too if he didn't get mii'd

FreeFox

Smash Lord
THIS. Please remember what fandom you're making wait that long. Any "OMG CHARACTER X GOT IN SUCK IT NERDS WHO THOUGHT IT HAD TO BE CINDERACE" posts will instead be "finally...at least it's over and not cinderace i guess..."
I dont know about that. People everywhere were all following a certain green fellow and denying the possibility of a new pokemon character. And guess what ended up happening?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Reimu? She has dealt with gods quite a bit, though Touhou gods are more "Dudes running off of faith" than the traditional idea of all-powerful beings. Anyways let's make Dharkon Buddhist and Galeem Taoist so we can recreate the Hopeless Masquerade religion wars :4pacman:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Honestly, god slayers are super freaking common in video games. Like, raise your hand if you've fought a god:

:ultfalcon::ultjoker::ultkirby::ultlucario::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight::ultpit:(multiple times):ultshulk:

Those are just the ones that I know, and doesn't take any "not stated to be a god, but are basically a god" figures.
There's also:
:ultbayonetta: Killed Jubileus and Loptr
:ultike: Killed Ashera
:ultsonic: Killed Solaris and the Time Eater

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Kingdom Hearts, Chrono Trigger/cross, Kid Icarus, Disgaea, and most jrpgs that have churches as major story elements all seem prepared to fight some deities.

Plus, everyone in Smash has fought deities since Smash 4.

When they added Palutena.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
We said this briefly yesterday, but now that we're talking about god-killers, and since these two fit this group of characters...

It'd be poetic for either Doomguy or Ryu Hayabusa to get in as CP11; both of them have been speculated on for 2.5 years now...

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Monika is one of those "No, that's stupid, you're stupid. They should do it." picks. Can't say I'd be mad!
The fact this post comes up after I buy DDLC Plus is a sign. How that would work I have no clue, but that’d be one hell of a way to get our first horror rep.

A Mii Costume wouldn’t be off the table either.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
The fact this post comes up after I buy DDLC Plus is a sign. How that would work I have no clue, but that’d be one hell of a way to get our first horror rep.

A Mii Costume wouldn’t be off the table either.
I think a Mii swordfighter outfit equipping Monika with a huge pink pen would be neat! The indirect nod to Smash's long-running underground scene through including DDLC in any capacity - given its creator - would also be neat.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Plenty of characters these days have god like powers. I’m Sure there’s bayonetta characters that have beaten god like creatures

doom guy
paper Mario
Kirby characters probably,
shadow the hedgehog if we get an AT upgrade

And plenty more that I can’t think off because I don’t play that many games if I’m honest.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mega Man getting saved by his brother Protoman. Or MMX. Or Zero. Or even Roll.
Sonic being saved by Tails or one of his other friends.
Chun-Li squaring up after Ryu and Ken get dropped.
Cloud being save by Tifa.
Dixie squaring up after DK and Diddy get dropped.
Rock Howard avenging Terry.
It's finally Reyn Time.
Alucard saves Richter again.
Dr. Wily does his best Heihachi impression (he has the hair already) and bodies Kaz.
Scorpion or Sub-Zero Down 2 him.
His Baby Mama drops him in next.
Akuma actually does his job and assassinates Kazuya.

The actual trailer will most likely be different. Take your pick my G.

There's also:
:ultbayonetta: Killed Jubileus and Loptr
:ultike: Killed Ashera
:ultsonic: Killed Solaris and the Time Eater
Mega Man defeated a dude named SunGod. Dunno if that counts.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I know this can’t happen because it’s not video game music but if this song played whilst recapping all of smash bros ultimates Dlc and then ends with showing off that last character to this theme I’d lose my mind because it would be fantastic

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Every MK character is eligible as a god killer because Raiden and Fujin exist, then there's also the Elder Gods like Shinnok and Cetrion and then there's the Titans above them like Kronika.
And Scorpion's ending is him going off to kill the other titans after killing Kronika.

Flawless Victory

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Mega Man getting saved by his brother Protoman. Or MMX. Or Zero. Or even Roll.
Sonic being saved by Tails or one of his other friends.
Chun-Li squaring up after Ryu and Ken get dropped.
Cloud being save by Tifa.
Dixie squaring up after DK and Diddy get dropped.
Rock Howard avenging Terry.
It's finally Reyn Time.
Alucard saves Richter again.
Dr. Wily does his best Heihachi impression (he has the hair already) and bodies Kaz.
Scorpion or Sub-Zero Down 2 him.
His Baby Mama drops him in next.
Akuma actually does his job and assassinates Kazuya
All these dead bodies make Viridi mad about nature getting polluted.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wouldn't count out SMT. It's got a long enough legacy behind it to be worth talking about I'd say. Granted, I don't think it'll be the new guy if they do pick a character from there. Mostly since the game isn't out yet. I think that's the only part people are jumping the gun on. Especially since I feel like most of the time, when a character first gets shown off, people are quick to downplay them or temper expectations, but I guess people are more open about that now.

If I had to guess, that Tattoo Demi-Fiend guy or Jack Frost could work. From the bits that I've seen, he's sorta like Cloud or Erdrick where he's notably popular, but I'm no expert on the series so I can't say for sure. And Jack Frost is a poster boy character.

All these dead bodies make Viridi mad about nature getting polluted.
She'd probably get tossed next.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Every MK character is eligible as a god killer because Raiden and Fujin exist, then there's also the Elder Gods like Shinnok and Cetrion and then there's the Titans above them like Kronika.
And Scorpion's ending is him going off to kill the other titans after killing Kronika.

Flawless Victory
The only issue here is MK Gods aren't exactly the most powerful Gods to ever be created in our wide history of mythos. MK 'Gods' power doesn't really seem all that impressive. Like...they feel like baby's first Gods. Pit Raiden against Thor. God against God. Thor gunna massacre Raiden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom